PDA

View Full Version : Corner cladding

.Sean.
12-09-2010, 01:54 PM
The cladding in place in the north-east corner doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, though I might change my opinion if a big monstorous slogan is placed on it. Anybody know who has bought this advertising space? Surely a fair bit of cash for the club, it's a huge board and it'll clearly be seen on televised matches. Am I right in thinking something similar will also be installed in the south-east corner?

MSK
12-09-2010, 02:08 PM
The cladding in place in the north-east corner doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, though I might change my opinion if a big monstorous slogan is placed on it. Anybody know who has bought this advertising space? Surely a fair bit of cash for the club, it's a huge board and it'll clearly be seen on televised matches. Am I right in thinking something similar will also be installed in the south-east corner?Im sure i read on here it was a Taxi firm Sean...:agree:

SloopJB
12-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm sure the original plans show both corners with the cladding. It appeared as though an H beam has been attached to the South stand which I assumed was to secure the cladding for that corner. Also work going on in the FF/West Stand corner.
It would look decent if all corners were clad.

Mikey
12-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Both ends will have cladding and both will have advertising on them.

PaulSmith
12-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Both ends will have cladding and both will have advertising on them.

If it brings in income them good. Any news about FF to West stand, only ever seen it mentioned in here to be fair tho

Spike Mandela
12-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Im sure i read on here it was a Taxi firm Sean...:agree:

Taxi for Yogi!!!!!!!!!!!!!:greengrin

Only joking:wink:

Hibees07
12-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Cladding was a nightmare, due to it being white from my position in the West stand I couldn't see the ball when it was played in that area. Even worse was the bright reflection when the sun shone on it. The sooner they get some advertising up the better!. :grr:

speedy_gonzales
12-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Is the cladding there to stop folk getting a free game?
Crossed my mind as we walked up to the east yesterday, there's not really a lot stopping folk to walk up to the side of the stand a get a free peek, why they'd want to is another matter altogether!?!

Hibby70
12-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Edinburgh City Private Hire are going to be on that one (not sure about the SE corner). Imagine it will be predominantly yellow and black.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Think the club will need to do something about the amount of litter getting onto the pitch. Maybe the cladding will help in this respect if it calms down the wind that swirls about in the corners, but I think we need to put some wooden backing on the perimiter railing down to ground level so that the crap is contained on the pitchside walkway as before.

strummbo
12-09-2010, 04:34 PM
be better of cladding the *** dressin room door, useless gits...

iwasthere1972
12-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Think the club will need to do something about the amount of litter getting onto the pitch. Maybe the cladding will help in this respect if it calms down the wind that swirls about in the corners, but I think we need to put some wooden backing on the perimiter railing down to ground level so that the crap is contained on the pitchside walkway as before.

I couldn't believe the amount of rubbish that was on the pitch yesterday. Yogi needs to have a clearout.

smurf
12-09-2010, 06:02 PM

NOT a Taxi company.

PaulSmith
12-09-2010, 06:10 PM
NOT a Taxi company.

Private hire cabs :greengrin

Ants
12-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Done ma heid in. Brightness was overpowering at times.

If its a taxi firm, the paint wont dry before we need an update..

Taxi for........
1. Yogi
2. Hogg
3. Nish
4. DeGraaf

Ritchie
13-09-2010, 03:36 PM
where is that stupid little green sky/espn box going to go if the south/east corner is cladded? :confused:

PaulSmith
13-09-2010, 03:55 PM
where is that stupid little green sky/espn box going to go if the south/east corner is cladded? :confused:

The FF/West corner where it was for the Rangers game

Ritchie
13-09-2010, 03:57 PM
The FF/West corner where it was for the Rangers game

ahhhh.... i wasnt at the rangers game so i never knew that! :thumbsup:

.Sean.
13-09-2010, 04:09 PM
ahhhh.... i wasnt at the rangers game so i never knew that! :thumbsup:
Maybe Hibs should look into building a wee studio in that corner?

There's currently nothing there, it would fill the gap, wouldn't cost an extorshinate amount of money and it'd look so much better than a crappy little wooden box on a couple of metal poles.

Green_one
13-09-2010, 04:24 PM

There's currently nothing there, it would fill the gap, wouldn't cost an extorshinate amount of money and it'd look so much better than a crappy little wooden box on a couple of metal poles.

Sounds familiar. Does Gorgie not have three? Possibly sell them the set? :greengrin

KiddA
13-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Never really seen the height and what not on the Hibs tv

Thanks in advance

Baw187
13-09-2010, 05:33 PM

Used to have one there in the 90s when the FF was first built.

Jones28
13-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Never really seen the height and what not on the Hibs tv

Thanks in advance

Looks much bigger than I thought it would be

steviecarnie
13-09-2010, 07:26 PM

i remember that, why did they get rid of it? was it knocked down for when the west was built and just never put back up?

Phil D. Rolls
14-09-2010, 11:02 AM
NOT a Taxi company.

Private hire cabs :greengrin

Private hire cabs are taxis for schemies. At least let them dream of being part of society.:greengrin

essexhibee
14-09-2010, 11:42 AM
anyone got a picture of what it looks like?

Spike Mandela
14-09-2010, 11:43 AM

Crikey! don't encourage them to build anything else or we'll be in transition for another 20 years.:wink:

No More Infrastructure:hnet:

MB62
14-09-2010, 01:57 PM

i remember that, why did they get rid of it? was it knocked down for when the west was built and just never put back up?

Don't know why it was knocked down but I remember when I was part of the museum committee, they were talking about using that as the museum. I strongly rubbished that idea as it just wouldn't work, plus I was angry that the original idea had been hit on the head for cost reasons. That wee brick building was fine as a T.V. studio but would have been an embarrassment as a museum :grr:

bighairyfaeleith
14-09-2010, 03:41 PM
anyone got a picture of what it looks like?

It's a big flashing neon sign that says TAXIS

dangermouse
15-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Done ma heid in. Brightness was overpowering at times.

So bright it distracted Deek during his penalty run up causing him to miss and blinded De Graff resulting in a Van Vossen style finish.

I'll need to remember my shades for Saturday's game.

Dr Jimmy
15-09-2010, 10:00 AM
It's a big flashing neon sign that says TAXIS

If it is a Taxi company, will it mean they will charge us more at Xmas and during the festival?...................:greengrin

H18sry
15-09-2010, 10:11 AM

Edinburgh City Private Hire are going to be on that one (not sure about the SE corner). Imagine it will be predominantly yellow and black.

NOT a Taxi company.

They are a taxi company, definition of taxi

Pronunciation:/ˈtaxi,taksi/noun (plural taxis)
a motor vehicle licensed to transport passengers in return for payment of a fare and typically fitted with a taximeter:devil:

bighairyfaeleith
15-09-2010, 12:56 PM
If it is a Taxi company, will it mean they will charge us more at Xmas and during the festival?...................:greengrin

a lot more with this crowd!!

bighairyfaeleith
15-09-2010, 12:56 PM
They are a taxi company, definition of taxi

Pronunciation:/ˈtaxi,taksi/noun (plural taxis)
a motor vehicle licensed to transport passengers in return for payment of a fare and typically fitted with a taximeter:devil:

There a private hire company, they don't have any taxis.

Speedway
15-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Is the cladding in the FF-East corner going to be the same height as all the other cladding?

bighairyfaeleith
15-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Is the cladding in the FF-East corner going to be the same height as all the other cladding?

I believe due to the slop on the new east it will appear marginally smaller but will in fact be the same height.

matty_f
15-09-2010, 01:02 PM

yes, but it will be a different colour - a lighter shade of pale.

Speedway
15-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Is that the pro(to)col at the club now?

speedy_gonzales
15-09-2010, 01:41 PM

Don't think it will do any harum?

dangermouse
16-09-2010, 10:47 AM

Don't think it will do any harum?

Is there room to put 15 vestal virgins atop of each one?

CropleyWasGod
16-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Is there room to put 15 vestal virgins atop of each one?

Nah.. they were last seen heading for the coast.