PDA

View Full Version : The positives?

Expecting Rain
12-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Could be a defence in development, the new guys were an improvement, we didn`t defend the set pieces well but i`ll give these guys time to form an understanding, Brown did fairly well apart from one mishandle in the 2nd half, i can`t help but feel that McBride is a poor mans Miller and is far too similar, i`d rather see Bamba beside Liam, we seem to have plenty of candidates for the centre back positions ( not all good perhaps) and Galbraith looks like he has something to offer, we also have Zemmama to come back and Duffy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Dickoh and Bamba looks like a promising middle back two. In fact the back four had the physical presence that I think has been missing. I think that the performance was better than that at St Mirren but more movement and quicker passing is needed.

Golden Bear
12-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Could be a defence in development, the new guys were an improvement, we didn`t defend the set pieces well but i`ll give these guys time to form an understanding, Brown did fairly well apart from one mishandle in the 2nd half, i can`t help but feel that McBride is a poor mans Miller and is far too similar, i`d rather see Bamba beside Liam, we seem to have plenty of candidates for the centre back positions ( not all good perhaps) and Galbraith looks like he has something to offer, we also have Zemmama to come back and Duffy.

Any more word on Duffy? If it was a metartasal injury then we'll not be seeing him for a while.

Prawn Sandwich
12-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Any more word on Duffy? If it was a metartasal injury then we'll not be seeing him for a while.

Six to eight weeks out, they are looking for a replacement.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8991916.stm

The_Horde
12-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I wasn't that impressed with Dickoh for some reason. He frustrated me with the amount of fouls he conceded when we had some good opportunities from set pieces and he looked a bit slow.

Thought Grounds looks a player. :agree:

Cropley10
12-09-2010, 11:31 AM
;2575020']I wasn't that impressed with Dickoh for some reason. He frustrated me with the amount of fouls he conceded when we had some good opportunities from set pieces and he looked a bit slow.

Thought Grounds looks a player. :agree:

Really? The alternative is Hogg.

The_Horde
12-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Really? The alternative is Hogg.

:greengrin

I'll give him time, he has the stature and hey we only conceded one.

Expecting Rain
12-09-2010, 11:37 AM
I had a different seat sitting near the bottom of the North West and thought that Dickioh looked very confident as did Grounds, we`ll see just how good they are when we`re playing better opponents.

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Dickoh and Bamba looks like a promising middle back two. In fact the back four had the physical presence that I think has been missing. I think that the performance was better than that at St Mirren but more movement and quicker passing is needed.

Agreed, I think they looked like they have played together for sometime, good understanding and if anything he had a better game than Bamba. To early to judge, but good game, well done.

I had a different seat sitting near the bottom of the North West and thought that Dickioh looked very confident as did Grounds, we`ll see just how good they are when we`re playing better opponents.

I thought Grounds was a bit of a nothing, first time I have seen him to say he is a left back is perhaps a bit strong. Looks more like a centre half. His passing was poor and he looks very slow. Again, perhaps a bit harsh to judge on one game, but Murray is easily first choice for me. Any hibs player that jogs back when we are being attacked, like he is out walking his dog does not fill me with confidence.

IMO.

snooky
12-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Agreed, I think they looked like they have played together for sometime, good understanding and if anything he had a better game than Bamba. To early to judge, but good game, well done.

I thought Grounds was a bit of a nothing, first time I have seen him to say he is a left back is perhaps a bit strong. Looks more like a centre half. His passing was poor and he looks very slow. Again, perhaps a bit harsh to judge on one game, but Murray is easily first choice for me. Any hibs player that jogs back when we are being attacked, like he is out walking his dog does not fill me with confidence. IMO.

From what I've seen over the past couple of years, players "walking the dog" is one of the main reasons for our poor results.

malcky
12-09-2010, 01:37 PM

I thought Grounds was a bit of a nothing, first time I have seen him to say he is a left back is perhaps a bit strong. Looks more like a centre half. His passing was poor and he looks very slow. Again, perhaps a bit harsh to judge on one game, but Murray is easily first choice for me. Any hibs player that jogs back when we are being attacked, like he is out walking his dog does not fill me with confidence.

IMO.
i thought we were weak down our left side then again it was his first start

Dashing Bob S
12-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Hiv

marinello59
12-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Hiv

My parents show all their visitors my certificate. They are so proud I finally passed something.