PDA

View Full Version : Today's NOTW - Scottish clubs to get rid of sloping pitches.

tamig
12-09-2010, 09:27 AM
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/964371/Football-chiefs-have-insisted-they-want-all-teams-on-a-level-playing-field.html

Easter Road mentioned in the article as being affected. The journo should get his facts right. Only 9 years behind the times here. Very poor :bitchy:

Golden Bear
12-09-2010, 09:34 AM
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/964371/Football-chiefs-have-insisted-they-want-all-teams-on-a-level-playing-field.html

Easter Road mentioned in the article as being affected. The journo should get his facts right. Only 9 years behind the times here. Very poor :bitchy:

Pathetic is the word.

:grr:

sahib
12-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Pathetic is the word.

:grr:

I noticed the new synthetic strip between the west stand and the pitch, slopes up towards the pitch. Once I had noticed this the whole pitch appeared to have a bit of a camber, though this is probably an optical illusion. :confused:

maturehibby
12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Motherwell have no excuses for not having the slopes undone as they allegedly spent plenty during the close season getting the "Bog?Desert that they play on getting relaid

PeterboroHibee
12-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Whether it affects Hibs or not, its ridiculous that this seems to be one of the SFAs priorities. The Scottish game is in some state, I fail to see how forcing clubs to sort out something thats not much of a problem, at a considerable cost, is going to help things?

Just seems like favouring the OF yet again, clubs who can probably afford to sort things if necessary, whereas clubs like United and Motherwell will be in serious trouble.

Capt Mainwaring
12-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Whether it affects Hibs or not, its ridiculous that this seems to be one of the SFAs priorities. The Scottish game is in some state, I fail to see how forcing clubs to sort out something thats not much of a problem, at a considerable cost, is going to help things?

Just seems like favouring the OF yet again, clubs who can probably afford to sort things if necessary, whereas clubs like United and Motherwell will be in serious trouble.

I don't think it's the SFA at fault here for a change - it's a UEFA licensing requirement.

In any event - a totally ridiculous requirement and an utter waste of money at a time when clubs are struggling.

iwasthere1972
12-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Anything to distract the abysmal performances of the national team over the past week. :wink:

SFA? I would put them in the same group as The Jehova Witness, Door to door window glazing salesmen and these boogers that keep dropping takeaway menus through my letterbox day in day out. Totally useless and not required.

I would go as far to say that we should bring back the slope as we have gone downhill rapidly since we got rid of it.

WestSideHibby
13-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Anything to distract the abysmal performances of the national team over the past week. :wink:

SFA? I would put them in the same group as The Jehova Witness, Door to door window glazing salesmen and these boogers that keep dropping takeaway menus through my letterbox day in day out. Totally useless and not required.

I would go as far to say that we should bring back the slope as we have gone downhill rapidly since we got rid of it.

Or not, as the case may be :wink:

Sorry couldn't help it!

H18sry
13-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I noticed the new synthetic strip between the west stand and the pitch, slopes up towards the pitch. Once I had noticed this the whole pitch appeared to have a bit of a camber, though this is probably an optical illusion. :confused:

IIRC all pitches have a small camber from the center out to help drainage otherwise puddles would appear after heavy rain, the camber helps disperse the water. :wink:

iwasthere1972
13-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Or not, as the case may be :wink:

Sorry couldn't help it!

Slipped it in intentionally. Knew someone would bite. :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
13-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Trust the authorities to pick up the wrong end of the stick
"not that kind of level playing field!!!"

ahibby
14-09-2010, 08:38 AM
It looks to me as though our pitch slopes east to west and the reason would be to do with drainage?