PDA

View Full Version : Cash gates in the East yesterday (or lack of them)

iwasthere1972
12-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Three of us arrived about ten minutes to three and even missed the first goal. Nearly 20 minutes. :grr: Fair enough if it was against the Yams or the OF but it wasn't and only half the stadium was full.

Why when there were so many other gates (season ticket holders/ticket holders) with only a handful of people using them were we restricted to a few cash gates. Thought common sense would have said use any gate and get the fans in.

Lucius Apuleius
12-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Especially once the queues at the other gates disappeared.

scotty1875
12-09-2010, 08:16 AM
I joined the queue at 2.45 - didn't get in til 3.10 - so missed the goal too.

The middle-aged turnstile operator at the 2nd gate was utterly sloth-like :grr: (and I don't mean furry with wee beady eyes).

All four queues were the equally slow though.

The teenage operators who were on the gates on the old east were rapid and did a much better job.

How to discourage walk-up punters Hibs! and the stand wasn't even full either.

Did I feel my ER experience was value for money yesterday? eh......no.

Gatecrasher
12-09-2010, 08:21 AM
My wee bro was patg yesterday and he missed the fire 15 mins if the game then got the worst seat possible in the east lucky there was a spare near my ST seat

The worst part was the huge que at one end of the stand and 4 closed turnstiles at the other side of the stand

Disc O'Dave
12-09-2010, 08:25 AM
My wee bro was patg yesterday and he missed the fire 15 mins if the game then got the worst seat possible in the east lucky there was a spare near my ST seat

The worst part was the huge que at one end of the stand and 4 closed turnstiles at the other side of the stand

If ever there was a great username / post combination!

I made the error at about 5 to three of assuming the fact there were only 3 people in the food queue would lead to a short wait...I think a few teething issues need to be sorted out

greenlex
12-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I am sure fans are asked ti be in the stadium 15mins before kick off. Cannae really complain missing the start by rolling up at ten minutes before. Having said that thectimescales quoted are not acceptable.

RickyS
12-09-2010, 09:08 AM
I had a bit of a nightmare too, me and my mate are season tickets but I took my two boys to the game. first of all I was told on the phone I would have to buy tickets at the window for the boys. I joined the big queue about 2.30, ten minutes later a female steward shouted that anyone waiting for the East could leave as there was cash gates. I walked back round to my turnstyle (43-52) waiting a few minutes to be told that I could not go in there and the cash gate was the first one you come too. by this time it was 2.50 and the queue was huge with absolutely nobody in the other queues. I complained to a local bizzie, he said the other turnstyles had no cash, what about if you tell people with the correct money to go elsewhere and that could half the queue? far to sensible I commented:grr:
By this time i'm not a happy camper, when my turn finally came ma mates card wouldnae scan, he ended up leaving me and ma boys to go in. he was told he had to go to the office to check it out, by this time i'm thoroughly cheesed off (this was before i'd seen the price of the kids meal) but ma mate went to the next turnstyle and was scanned nae problem:rolleyes:
all in all a depressing day Hibs, it felt like one of those days where the whole club is doing their best to stop you going back!

scotty1875
12-09-2010, 09:27 AM
I am sure fans are asked ti be in the stadium 15mins before kick off. Cannae really complain missing the start by rolling up at ten minutes before. Having said that thectimescales quoted are not acceptable.

Fair point, Greenlex and agree with that in an ideal world

My personal story is that I often have to rush 25 miles straight from work to make KO on a saturday.

There was rarely problems getting in at 2.45 when it was the old east for an attendance the size of yesterday's.

Just a wee bit disappointed that with the progress of the new East there was clearly less efficiency than before.

I must admit that if I hadn't missed the goal I wouldn't have posted a word though! :wink:

Antifa Hibs
12-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Also missed the first 10. Joined the que about 2.50pm.

One way to try and combat this would be for Hibs to get shot of that £1.50 booking fee and allow fans to purchase and collect tickets via phone/internet. Nae chance of me paying £1.50 though to collect a ticket when I'll be at Easter Road anyway :rolleyes:

Lucius Apuleius
12-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Also assume that the cash gates only sold tickets for the north end of the east stand? If so how the hell do you turn up and get into the centre or south side?

snooky
12-09-2010, 07:12 PM
There's a few things that makes no sense to me. Maybe someone can explain .....
1) Why coming from the south side we couldn't get through to the east stand (passing by the south stand). I mean, it wasn't as if fan segregation was an item yesterday.
2) Why the only pay gate was at the north end of the east stand. The long queue blocked the access of ticket holders getting to the other gates. Surely as both ends of the east stand were empty it would have been wise to open at least ONE pay gate at the south end of the east stand.

I shake my head in disbelief sometimes at the way Hibs fans ar treated by the management. At times it feels we're a nuisance that they have to put up with. :grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I got to the game a bit later yesterday [still on time though] and when i saw the queues for patg i thought that the east would be near sold out. was far from that though.

3pm
12-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Are you all ragin at the delay or ragin because you got in?

Jack
13-09-2010, 07:24 AM
The club said there was to be a patg for the folk that wanted to sit with the Singing Section and that the gate for that would be clearly marked.
No evidence of either on Saturday!