PDA

View Full Version : Booing men in green jerseys

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Never have I been so ashamed to sit in amongst fellow Hibernian supporters than I was today when certain players were boo'd by their own supporters. Shame on every one of you that took part, you are no 'supporter' of my football club.

hfc1875x
12-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Never have I been so ashamed to sit in amongst fellow Hibernian supporters than I was today when certain players were boo'd by their own supporters. Shame on every one of you that took part, you are no 'supporter' of my football club.

I half heartedly booed De Guff I apologise ! :rolleyes:

weecounty hibby
12-09-2010, 07:55 AM
In all my time as a Hibs fan the support has been like this. It seems to have gotten worse though. I have only been at the Maribor match this season, but there were guys in the FF who were on the backs of some of the players from the first minute.
The classic line came from a father and son combo who had ripped into pretty much anyone in green that evening, when one of the Maribor players went down there was a chorus of boos from the stand. The dad says " I remember when we used to cheer European teams". Well I can remember when we used to cheer on our own team. Sadly it doesn't seem to be the case any more!

Beefster
12-09-2010, 08:06 AM
I half heartedly booed De Guff I apologise ! :rolleyes:

Ever think that the booing makes the targets play even worse than they were before?

--------
12-09-2010, 08:08 AM
In all my time as a Hibs fan the support has been like this. It seems to have gotten worse though. I have only been at the Maribor match this season, but there were guys in the FF who were on the backs of some of the players from the first minute.
The classic line came from a father and son combo who had ripped into pretty much anyone in green that evening, when one of the Maribor players went down there was a chorus of boos from the stand. The dad says " I remember when we used to cheer European teams". Well I can remember when we used to cheer on our own team. Sadly it doesn't seem to be the case any more!

Well, if he can remember THAT, he's must be a whole lot older than even I am.

I was at the Naples game, and when Colin Stein scored the 5th goal the guys in the stand enclosure were jumping up and down chanting, "Cappoci men, Cappoci men!" One of the biggest cheers of the night came when their guy was sent off. He got pelters.

And I DON'T think many of the crowd were cheering Dirty Leeds United in the next round. Or Barcelona in 1961....

Their heads didn't come to sharp points on top, did they?

There's always been a section of the Hibs support who go along to cheer the team on.

The rest of us seem to have a settled wish to find fault and look on the deepest, blackest, most depressing side of things - and before anyone says it, I can be as bad as the next one, I know. But I don't boo the team at matches - I can't see what good it does to abuse a player who's already having a bad day, or who's struggling to adapt to new tram-mates and a new league.

We seem to feed off one another, and I don't think the Internet helps. But I don't know how we can change this.

Ernie Cobra
12-09-2010, 08:26 AM
woo hoo...ANOTHER Uber Fan ....shame on you for booing Hibs players thread....

Should we just boo the manager then?
Who is responsible when a worker puts in a below average performance, is it the worker or the manager?
If any person in my job is below the threshold set out, then it is the managers perogative to improve thier performance or discipline them

Is it not perhaps the lack of discipline in the club, and the "we're aw mates the gither me an ma boys" attitude?

If Yogi persists in picking players who are just garbage/cannot prodice results, then he has to go, it's simple economics - we put money into the club, the team is mismanaged - poor results on the park - we stop puting money in - board sack Yogi.

So no sympathy from me im afraid, if Yogi is ***** at his job, let him know, if a player is ***** at his job, let him know, if this happens by booiing them, sobeit.

So to summarise, YOGI / PLAYERS GET YER FINGER OOT, WE PAY YER WAGES, IF YOU CANT PERFORM BETTER **** OFF

iwasthere1972
12-09-2010, 08:26 AM

:agree: Never booed them and never will. Can't see what good it does. In fact it probably does the exact opposite.

I did boo the wife one night when she didnae having ma dinner on the table for when I got home from work. The last time I saw her was the following morning when she was getting into a taxi with two large suitcases and the budgie. :cool2:

DeLaGaff
12-09-2010, 08:28 AM
There are people who get on the back of players from the get-go, and I don't think that's fair.
There are also other fans who frustrate me because they can't see the difference between a player who is trying to do something positive and has been unlucky that it hasn't come off, and a player that is not good enough.

We have a few players that simply aren't good enough, so I don't see the point in booing, I actually feel a little embarrassed for them.
On the other hand, cheering them ain't going to help and if someone has paid their cash and dragged themselves to a game that was appealing as the ginger one out of girls aloud, then they're free to do what they like.

Not really someone who boos during a match, but I assume that ettiquette dictates that booing after the half/full time whistle is permitted? Sometimes that's all that keeps me motivated to stay till the end...

MSK
12-09-2010, 08:29 AM
I half heartedly booed De Guff I apologise ! :rolleyes:Oh how original ..:yawn:

Barney McGrew
12-09-2010, 08:48 AM
So to summarise, YOGI / PLAYERS GET YER FINGER OOT, WE PAY YER WAGES, IF YOU CANT PERFORM BETTER **** OFF

Maybe it's people who think it's acceptable to boo their own team (who were winning the game when De Graff got booed BTW) that should ' **** OFF' ?

Hibby D
12-09-2010, 08:49 AM
I predicted before kick-off that the guy who sits behind me will spend the match booing Nish and De Graaf and I wasn't disappointed (well I was but you get my drift)

But to hear the volume of boos levied at said players was indeed very sad and I have to say I felt deeply ashamed of my fellow fans who participated. I didn't quite hear the same level of angst directed at Deek when he missed the pen but maybe I have selective hearing :rolleyes:

I don't know the answer to this one but I hope "I pay my money so I'll boo who the fek I like" doesn't become an accepted reaction. It's cliche'd and oh so boring.

scotty1875
12-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I was disappointed with the performance yesterday but I didn't boo individual players or the team as a collective.

I was embarrassed by the boos at HT and especially at FT - I thought it was unwarranted.

Booing the men in green is happening far far too frequently these days for me.

Some of the younger fans should try to imagine how it felt to go 22 games without beating the Sc*mbos and being slagged by hertz fans at school / work 4 or 5 times a season EVERY year from the early 80's until 1994 (you can tell I'm still bitter eh :wink: - bloody right I am).

The middle-aged fans like me should remember the end of the Alex Miller era and the Duff Jim relegation times before they boo the current players on a regular basis.

Hibs have played worse, gone through far worse periods with a far worse squad.

It's not ideal just now but that's the product of the cycle Hibs go through when we sell our best players year on year.

Rightly or wrongly it's been part and parcel of my experience of watching Hibs since 1979.

Gettin' Auld
12-09-2010, 08:53 AM
:agree: Never booed them and never will. Can't see what good it does. In fact it probably does the exact opposite.

I did boo the wife one night when she didnae having ma dinner on the table for when I got home from work. The last time I saw her was the following morning when she was getting into a taxi with two large suitcases and the budgie. :cool2:
Ever cloud has a silver lining. :greengrin

scotty1875
12-09-2010, 09:00 AM
There are people who get on the back of players from the get-go, and I don't think that's fair.
There are also other fans who frustrate me because they can't see the difference between a player who is trying to do something positive and has been unlucky that it hasn't come off, and a player that is not good enough.

We have a few players that simply aren't good enough, so I don't see the point in booing, I actually feel a little embarrassed for them.
On the other hand, cheering them ain't going to help and if someone has paid their cash and dragged themselves to a game that was appealing as the ginger one out of girls aloud, then they're free to do what they like.

Not really someone who boos during a match, but I assume that ettiquette dictates that booing after the half/full time whistle is permitted? Sometimes that's all that keeps me motivated to stay till the end...

That's my viewpoint too

Especially the bit about the ginger one from girls aloud :greengrin

scotty1875
12-09-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't know the answer to this one but I hope "I pay my money so I'll boo who the fek I like" doesn't become an accepted reaction. It's cliche'd and oh so boring.

It seems to me it's spreading like wildfire - sad movies.

RickyS
12-09-2010, 09:20 AM
I was disappointed with the performance yesterday but I didn't boo individual players or the team as a collective.

I was embarrassed by the boos at HT and especially at FT - I thought it was unwarranted.

Booing the men in green is happening far far too frequently these days for me.

Some of the younger fans should try to imagine how it felt to go 22 games without beating the Sc*mbos and being slagged by hertz fans at school / work 4 or 5 times a season EVERY year from the early 80's until 1994 (you can tell I'm still bitter eh :wink: - bloody right I am).

The middle-aged fans like me should remember the end of the Alex Miller era and the Duff Jim relegation times before they boo the current players on a regular basis.

Hibs have played worse, gone through far worse periods with a far worse squad.

It's not ideal just now but that's the product of the cycle Hibs go through when we sell our best players year on year.

Rightly or wrongly it's been part and parcel of my experience of watching Hibs since 1979.

remember this all too clearly, I was in 2nd year at school before I EVER saw us win a ****in derby, on the booing tho, no I don't do it during the match or at particular players. I have done it at FT after a particularly crap performance. I think the booing/cheering of a player being subbed started to get worse the day Brian Kerr was taken off during an Intertoto match. I was surprised that day but its become the norm and its defo counter productive in my eyes.

hibbiedon
12-09-2010, 09:22 AM

Who is responsible when a worker puts in a below average performance, is it the worker or the manager?
If any person in my job is below the threshold set out, then it is the managers perogative to improve thier performance or discipline them

Is it not perhaps the lack of discipline in the club, and the "we're aw mates the gither me an ma boys" attitu

If Yogi persists in picking players who are just garbage/cannot prodice results, then he has to go, it's simple economics - we put money into the club, the team is mismanaged - poor results on the park - we stop puting money in - board sack Yogi.

So no sympathy from me im afraid, if Yogi is ***** at his job, let him know, if a player is ***** at his job, let him know, if this happens by booiing them, sobeit.

Thats how to support ???????????

I boo the Yams & the Old Firm does that mean I support them

marinello59
12-09-2010, 09:24 AM
I predicted before kick-off that the guy who sits behind me will spend the match booing Nish and De Graaf and I wasn't disappointed (well I was but you get my drift)

Aye, there are more than a few like that who sit near me. Not a peep from them when Nish or De Graaf did anything right but in full GTF mode when a mistake was made.

Jack
12-09-2010, 09:24 AM
As I said on another thread these antisupporters should get their tickets for the South in future.

DeLaGaff
12-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Aye, there are more than a few like that who sit near me. Not a peep from them when Nish or De Graaf did anything right but in full GTF mode when a mistake was made.

Did I blink and miss that bit? :wink:

Hibbyradge
12-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Remember, the people who boo were crap when they played football themselves.

They have no understanding of the game or what it takes to play at a high level.

FACT.

scotty1875
12-09-2010, 09:40 AM

Unlike me - I clapped all 3 of Nish decent passes yesterday.:greengrin

marinello59
12-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Did I blink and miss that bit? :wink:

I thought Nish had a decent first half. Whether you agree with that or not nobody can seriously say he did nothing right all game.

hibbysam
12-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Ever think that the booing makes the targets play even worse than they were before?

can you get any worse than skying an open goal to seal the game? :wink: but yeh on the booing not at the game, at the end is pretty justified when everyone was annoyed with the result so the players werent going to get cheered off but abuse of individuals during the game isnt on:agree:

SloopJB
12-09-2010, 09:54 AM
I was annoyed but not ashamed at the reaction against some of our players, I know they get paid a lot of money to do a job, most here will be paid to do a job but fewer will have people openly opposing them, preventing them from doing a job.

I've criticised Nish on this forum as I believe him to be from some other sport but others praise him, doesn't change my mind and I'll respect the views of others. I have never and will never boo him while he is playing for Hibs though.

more shameful though is sitting beside a guy with his young son with guys behind him ****ing and **nting at the opposition with real venom (as real as the bravado of being in the safety of a different stand allows) without any consideration for his fellow supporters.

Channel the passion constructively into supportive chants or song for our own team and the experience will be better for all.

Jeez I'm old:bitchy:

DeLaGaff
12-09-2010, 09:56 AM
I thought Nish had a decent first half. Whether you agree with that or not nobody can seriously say he did nothing right all game.

I didn't like him at Killie, and don't like him now. That's a personal prejudice that I carry around and although I try, I just can't shake it off. I can fully understand those who get on his case from the word go because he is so frustrating.
I don't think booing him will improve his performance (as is the theme of the thread) but there were three peachy crosses that were swung into the middle of the goal yesterday, that would have any half-decent centre forward at any level salivating, and Nish didn't get anywhere near any of them.

Hibbyradge
12-09-2010, 09:57 AM
can you get any worse than skying an open goal to seal the game?

Missing a penalty from 12 yards out? :dunno:

Hibbyradge
12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
I didn't like him at Killie, and don't like him now. That's a personal prejudice that I carry around and although I try, I just can't shake it off. I can fully understand those who get on his case from the word go because he is so frustrating.
I don't think booing him will improve his performance (as is the theme of the thread) but there were three peachy crosses that were swung into the middle of the goal yesterday, that would have any half-decent centre forward at any level salivating, and Nish didn't get anywhere near any of them.

The crosses didn't get anywhere near Colin Nish.

Barney McGrew
12-09-2010, 09:59 AM

:tsk tsk:

Thou shalt not criticise the blessed one

SloopJB
12-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Haven't the goals been moved slightly to accommdate the re sizing of the pitch?

Hibbyradge
12-09-2010, 10:03 AM
:tsk tsk:

Thou shalt not criticise the blessed one

Just as well I didn't add the word "again" to my
post.

Barney McGrew
12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Just as well I didn't add the word "again" to my
post.

:greengrin

Just as well the boo boys haven't targetted him eh? I'm sure if Nish or De Graaf had a recent similar spot kick record to Derek, then they'd be afforded the same level of understanding :agree:

:fibber:

DeLaGaff
12-09-2010, 10:10 AM
The crosses didn't get anywhere near Colin Nish.

That's my point.
He's perpetually waiting at the back post behind a defender, and has done this since he joined the club.

The balls were swung in the middle of the goal where a centre forward would love to attack them. The fact that Nish didn't even threaten to get anywhere neat any of them sums it up for me.

hibbykeef
12-09-2010, 10:12 AM
I need to change seats in the new east,does anyone know where the non booing section is. Two games in,and i was so close to smacking some so called hibs fan in the chops,never felt like that ever in any time in the old east.Wtf is happening when you boo a player for taking a throw in.:rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
12-09-2010, 10:13 AM
That's my point.
He's perpetually waiting at the back post behind a defender, and has done this since he joined the club.

The balls were swung in the middle of the goal where a centre forward would love to attack them. The fact that Nish didn't even threaten to get anywhere neat any of them sums it up for me.

Seriously?

When I played football, I used to try to pass the ball to where my team mate was, not where I thought he should be.

Silly me.

DeLaGaff
12-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Seriously?

When I played football, I wused to try to pass the ball to where my team mate was, not where I thought he should be.

Silly me.

Really? That's nice, but a pass is a pass and a cross is a cross.
Did you expect your centre forward to stand 3 yards wide of the back post or did you hope he would be in the middle of the goal where he might be able to score?

I'm not advocating booing but the player infuriates me so much that I can fully understand why people would. The thing that prevents me from joining is that I actually feel sorry for him, it's not his fault.

Hibby D
12-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Seriously?

When I played football, I used to try to pass the ball to where my team mate was, not where I thought he should be.

Silly me.

And therein lies the reason why yer bumping yer gums for a living :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
12-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Booing Hibs players - one word.................................pathetic!

heretoday
12-09-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd never boo a Hibs player, or anyone else for that matter.

Booing's a part of it all though. Some people think that by booing they will encourage their own team to do better or discourage the opposition.

It's never worked that way in my experience.

basehibby
12-09-2010, 10:24 AM

Is it not perhaps the lack of discipline in the club, and the "we're aw mates the gither me an ma boys" attitude?

Woo Hoo - another IDIOT - you've obviously read many threads like this but are too ignorant to let it impinge upon your pomposity, and, ignoring the fact that your behaviour has a negative effect on your own teams performance, continue to boo - regardless of the risk of destroying player/team confidence, not to mention anoying the hell out of your fellow supporters.
Well allow me to take the opportunity to let you into a little secret - it's NOT big or clever to boo your own players, and the majority of your fellow Hibbies would urge you, if you can't find it within yourself to actually back the team, just to sit down and shut the ****** up!

Captain Trips
Big deal some folk booed a player or players, like they actually care, for me doesnt make any difference really at the match to result, been to loads of games were support was spot on and we played p1sh, been to games were support was not so great and we won.

If they play poor it's down to them and manager, I do believe if a majority boo each week at manager then he could lose job over that, but I dont think the players really care as for every boo there are 3,4, or 5 not booing.

hibbysam

6 yards, no challenge, no keeper, roll the ball in,

12 yards, with a keeper,

i know which one is easier, but yes i did slate riordan at the game for missing the penalty but are we forgetting he also did score, wouldve scored had spoony not taken the ball of his feet at the end? what did de graff do during the game? the guy just isnt good enough so far:agree:

skipster7
12-09-2010, 10:27 AM
6 yards, no challenge, no keeper, roll the ball in,

12 yards, with a keeper,

i know which one is easier, but yes i did slate riordan at the game for missing the penalty but are we forgetting he also did score, wouldve scored had spoony not taken the ball of his feet at the end? what did de graff do during the game? the guy just isnt good enough so far:agree:
didn't have a great game but im sure he played a defence splitting pass to put riordan 1 v 1 which he missed as well as his penalty:confused:

Hibbyradge
12-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Really? That's nice, but a pass is a pass and a cross is a cross.
Did you expect your centre forward to stand 3 yards wide of the back post or did you hope he would be in the middle of the goal where he might be able to score?

I'm not advocating booing but the player infuriates me so much that I can fully understand why people would. The thing that prevents me from joining is that I actually feel sorry for him, it's not his fault.

I thought Nish's performance was no better or worse than anyone else's yesterday.

You're not alone, but I suspect that you go along looking for Nish to cock up. Everytime he makes a mistake, your belief is confirmed.

Yet, when Derek Riordan mis-controls a pass, tries a stupid long range shot or passes the ball into nowhere, you dismiss it.

Deek had a very poor game yesterday and, along with De Graaf and Thicot, was directly responsible for us not winning, but I didn't hear anyone criticise him.

basehibby
12-09-2010, 10:30 AM

I always thought the ginger one was very fanciable - the fat erse that is Chris Moyles has a lot to answer for :bitchy:

That aside though I totally agree with your points - there's a big difference between booing at HT/FT to express your displeasure at a pish performance and booing players during a match at the very real risk of making the player/team perform worse still.

mim
12-09-2010, 10:31 AM

They have no understanding of the game or what it takes to play at a high level.

FACT.

There is a lot of truth in this, Mr Radge.
By the same token, anyone who manages to progress through a youth system, sign a professional contract and then continue to be picked and play for a few seasons IS good enough.

Sometimes players have to change club to find the right environment, but it is frankly nonsense to say that a seasoned professional footballer is 'not good enough'. They have already proved that they ARE good enough.

That takes us back to the expectations of Hibs support. We seemingly expect to be watching 11 top class international players when we go to see Hibs. That will never happen.

Colin Nish is something like the 8th highest goalscorer in the history of the SPL. I don't think he has much to worry about from those that proclaim 'He's not good enough for Hibs/the SPL'.

It is up to the coaches/manager to get the best out of the squad and ours are failing in this respect.

lucky
12-09-2010, 11:02 AM
De Gash got booed and cheered yesterday when he got taken off. So far in his short Hibs career he just does not look the the part. I think a lot of Hibs supporters thought he would be a cracking player due to his pedigree, alas it has not happen so far.

Colin Nish does score goals on the SPL, however his all round contribution to the team is woeful. His lack of ability stands out as much as his lack of control.

Fans booing does not bother me. Everyone of us has an opinion. But there is a growing band within the Hibs support that just don't seem to understand we are an average SPL side. Many seem to think that we Barca and want Hibs playing that.

I do accept it does not help that manager continually spouts about the passing style of his team but the reality is going to kick in this season. We are heading for a mighty scrap for a top 6 place

Ernie Cobra
12-09-2010, 11:08 AM

FACT.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Lionel is that you .....should you not be dribbling through some cones just now or practicing your booing at the camp nou???

:rolleyes:

hibs0666
12-09-2010, 11:10 AM
We do have a good minority of total welts in our 'support'.

Ernie Cobra
12-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Woo Hoo - another IDIOT - you've obviously read many threads like this but are too ignorant to let it impinge upon your pomposity, and, ignoring the fact that your behaviour has a negative effect on your own teams performance, continue to boo - regardless of the risk of destroying player/team confidence, not to mention anoying the hell out of your fellow supporters.
Well allow me to take the opportunity to let you into a little secret - it's NOT big or clever to boo your own players, and the majority of your fellow Hibbies would urge you, if you can't find it within yourself to actually back the team, just to sit down and shut the ****** up!

Really, i will reiterate for the hard of learning - namely YOU. If they are not performing they have to be told. They are picking up a wage for the dross that is being served up on a weekly basis.

To break this down for you. If you order a steak in a restaurant and they brought you back a fish, should you say nothing so as not to upset the other diners???

And as for sit down and shut the **** up.....step away form the keyboard Rocky.

As i said in my original post these players are being picked by a manager, who is not only responsible for selecting them to buy, but for playing and paying them week in week out. he in turn is answerable to the board who continue to employ him, and the are answerable to us who pay them by paying our cash week in week out.

2 things can happen here, we can make them aware we are unhappy or we can become voiceless morons like the jambo lemmings on the dark side of the city.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-09-2010, 11:28 AM

Thing is, it is not really just your club is it? The ultimate form of expression of discontent is to stay away. I didn't/don't boo the players. Doesn't make me any more or less of a fan than the boys that did IMO. What do you say to the boys that are vocal with their frustration, but still dig deep every week?

Antifa Hibs
12-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Has it always been that bad..? The jeers and boo boys are getting ridiculous now, defo seems to be just a Scottish/English thing aswell. Wonder why? A zero bond and no affinity these days between players and supporters. Because of the stupid salaries players are on compared to the fans? A player could make one daft pass all game and litterally get slaughtered for it. I've seen lots of matches abroad not involving the cabbage and I can't say I've seen anything like it!

scotty1875
12-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I need to change seats in the new east,does anyone know where the non booing section is. Two games in,and i was so close to smacking some so called hibs fan in the chops,never felt like that ever in any time in the old east.Wtf is happening when you boo a player for taking a throw in.:rolleyes:

Exactly :agree:

Alfred E Newman
12-09-2010, 12:23 PM

So you are saying that missing a penalty with a goalkeeper to beat is worse than failing to knock the ball into an open goal with nobody in it? :faf:

Hibbyradge
12-09-2010, 12:25 PM

Lionel is that you .....should you not be dribbling through some cones just now or practicing your booing at the camp nou???

Touch a nerve did I?

Phil D. Rolls
12-09-2010, 12:33 PM

I didn't boo them, and I didn't know it was your club.

lEXO
12-09-2010, 12:47 PM
A section of our support will never be happy. Booing at full time after a poor game, fair enough.It lets the team know it,s not good enough.Booing individuals during the game is not going to help them or the team, but then again those doing it dont care.They pay their money and feel they can do what they want, even if it annoys the supporters around them.

EasterRoad4Ever
12-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Obvious to everyone that the general frustration among the Hibs support has been growing for a few years now to the point where the booing, frustration, criticism is much more prevalent that the supporting. I sit in the West Stand and was amazed and disappointed at the lack of vocal support coming from our new East Stand. I thought the fans wanted one tier, singing sections and all that, yet they were frankly outsung by 20-30 ICT fans.

I also suspect that the booing of certain Hibs players is directed as much as Hughes and the Hibs Board as it is the player.

Hibs fans have been amazingly patient and tolerant with the Board and a string of poor management appointments over decades and it is finally coming to an end. There is simply NO REASON why Hibs fans should have to put up with crap managers, crap decisions and crap, couldn't care less players. Now the the biggest financial investments are out the way, it is imperative that Board puts maximum pressure on all playing staff and the manager to DELIVER. There is really no excuse for some of the stuff we're currently having to put up with. If Hughes and his underperforming players can't stand that heat, then they're not good enough for Hibs - plain and simple.

Phil D. Rolls
12-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Hibs fans have been amazingly patient and tolerant with the Board and a string of poor management appointments over decades and it is finally coming to an end. There is simply NO REASON why Hibs fans should have to put up with crap managers, crap decisions and crap, couldn't care less players. Now the the biggest financial investments are out the way, it is imperative that Board puts maximum pressure on all playing staff and the manager to DELIVER. There is really no excuse for some of the stuff we're currently having to put up with. If Hughes and his underperforming players can't stand that heat, then they're not good enough for Hibs - plain and simple.

Well that's your opinion, but do you have evidence to back up this sweeping statement? Tbh, it reads like one of those Open Letters that are so prevalent across the road, with its demands and instructions.

For example, does the string of poor appointments include the guys who won us league cups, or famous derby victories. Is Tony Mowbray one of them. Anyway what successful appointments are we comparing them to.

Besides if the board are so poor, is there any sense in demanding anything from them?

lEXO
12-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Well that's your opinion, but do you have evidence to back up this sweeping statement? Tbh, it reads like one of those Open Letters that are so prevalent across the road, with its demands and instructions.

For example, does the string of poor appointments include the guys who won us league cups, or famous derby victories. Is Tony Mowbray one of them. Anyway what successful appointments are we comparing them to.

Besides if the board are so poor, is there any sense in demanding anything from them?
:top marks

Devine
12-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I went to the game yesterday as I do every week and pay damn good money for the 'privelige'. Whilst I dont agree with booing players during the game I think I am well within my rights to make my frustrations clear to those who make the decisions (i.e. Yogi, board and players) that what is being served up is NOT good enough.

If all fans were to sit on their hands and clap one horrendous performance after another then we will get stuck in one almighty rut. Accepting mediocrity or of recent times downright dreadful is imo WORSE than putting your hands together pretending nothings happened. Lets face it from January we have been absolutely dreadful for 90% of the games we have played in. We have more money, resources and facilities than most teams in that league yet we consistently fail to achieve very much due to wrong decision making, poor players, poor management and lack of investment on the park.

WE sold our top scorer on the LAST day of the transfer window and we are left with dross like Nish and loanee failures like Duffy. Why cant we invest some half decent money on the park in an up and coming player for even half the money we sold Stokes for like 100-400k on a Bryson, Griffiths or Rooney type character. If these guys kick on we will sell them on for a bigger fee and everyones happy if not we get 2-3 years service out of them and at the end of the day we are still a good bit up financially. Instead we are trying to sign one of 2 washed up guys with no club.

I dont find that acceptable and I dont find the way we have been playing acceptable therefore at the end of the game I did boo and have a go at Yogi especially because it is NOT good enough.

Sammy7nil
12-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Booing players is not the answer

however

How do you show you are not happy or satisfied with performance, effort, technique, result etc etc ?

10,300 fans and on the decrease the stadium will soon be like a ghost town the boo boys may decide not turn up 8,000 in 22,000 stadium :bitchy: that is were we are heading.

Things have to change and change quickly selling player after player bringing poor replacements can't go on

How do we show the board, manager and players we are not happy with 4 wins since January ?

Answers on a postcard please.

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-09-2010, 01:39 PM
There is a difference between booing individual players when the take a throw in and booing at half time and full time. Booing our own players is not on.

Ernie Cobra
12-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Touch a nerve did I?

nope but i think i can do more keepy uppies than you!:wink:

MSK
12-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I went to the game yesterday as I do every week and pay damn good money for the 'privelige'. Whilst I dont agree with booing players during the game I think I am well within my rights to make my frustrations clear to those who make the decisions (i.e. Yogi, board and players) that what is being served up is NOT good enough.

If all fans were to sit on their hands and clap one horrendous performance after another then we will get stuck in one almighty rut. Accepting mediocrity or of recent times downright dreadful is imo WORSE than putting your hands together pretending nothings happened. Lets face it from January we have been absolutely dreadful for 90% of the games we have played in. We have more money, resources and facilities than most teams in that league yet we consistently fail to achieve very much due to wrong decision making, poor players, poor management and lack of investment on the park.

WE sold our top scorer on the LAST day of the transfer window and we are left with dross like Nish and loanee failures like Duffy. Why cant we invest some half decent money on the park in an up and coming player for even half the money we sold Stokes for like 100-400k on a Bryson, Griffiths or Rooney type character. If these guys kick on we will sell them on for a bigger fee and everyones happy if not we get 2-3 years service out of them and at the end of the day we are still a good bit up financially. Instead we are trying to sign one of 2 washed up guys with no club.

I dont find that acceptable and I dont find the way we have been playing acceptable therefore at the end of the game I did boo and have a go at Yogi especially because it is NOT good enough.See, its stuff like in bold that get on my goat ..loanee failures like Duffy ..!! ffs the guy hasnt even kicked a ball & you are putting the boot in ..how do you know the guy wont score goals ..?..granted he isnt a Stokes but at least gie the guy a chance before he is slung in the "not good enough bin" ..:bitchy:

You also mention Griffiths...flip side of the coin..how do you know he will score goals in the SPL..?..at this moment in time he is struggling to bang them in for Dundee so investment on an untried player may be a waste of money.... a possible reason for hibs not going for him in the transfer window ?..

lEXO
12-09-2010, 02:04 PM
There is a difference between booing individual players when the take a throw in and booing at half time and full time. Booing our own players is not on.
This is the point that a lot of people are missing.Booing the team at full time etc i can understand more.Targetting individual players is poor, and lets not forget it,s a team game.

SloopJB
12-09-2010, 02:22 PM
See, its stuff like in bold that get on my goat ..loanee failures like Duffy ..!! ffs the guy hasnt even kicked a ball & you are putting the boot in ..how do you know the guy wont score goals ..?..granted he isnt a Stokes but at least gie the guy a chance before he is slung in the "not good enough bin" ..:bitchy:

You also mention Griffiths...flip side of the coin..how do you know he will score goals in the SPL..?..at this moment in time he is struggling to bang them in for Dundee so investment on an untried player may be a waste of money.... a possible reason for hibs not going for him in the transfer window ?..

I did read it in a different context to how you describe it. I didn't read the guy was a failure at Hibs, more that he failed at his parent club which is why he has been sent out on loan.

Either way, I want him to succeed as it can only benefit the team.
A bit of good fortune yesterday would have given us the three points, keep on working hard will turn our luck from bad to good.

HFC 0-7
12-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I dont boo at games but I dont see what the fuss is all about to be honest. the fans are booing because the play has been bad, terrible at times and we expect more.

I know Yogi is all about it being this season so lets forget about how we did at the tail end of last season but this year the team and Yogi have been so poor the boo's are inevitable. We have had and are still having the worst run of home results ever. In our last 20 league games we have taken only 19 points out of a possible 60. In Falkirks last 20 games in the SPL they managed 18 points out of a possible 60. Although I dont boo at games (I may boo at half time or full time) these stats are probably why people are losing patience.

MSK
12-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I did read it in a different context to how you describe it. I didn't read the guy was a failure at Hibs, more that he failed at his parent club which is why he has been sent out on loan.

Either way, I want him to succeed as it can only benefit the team.
A bit of good fortune yesterday would have given us the three points, keep on working hard will turn our luck from bad to good.I know the op didnt say Duffy was a failure at hibs but we have signed a loanee failure to replace Stokes which somehow tells me the op aint too happy with the signing..

Like you i hope the lad bangs in a few goals because if he doesnt then im sure the keyboard army on here will be quick to let him know what for ..

SloopJB
12-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Well, I don't have a season ticket but I'll be at the Hamilton game, another tough one we have no right to say we will win.

discman
12-09-2010, 03:09 PM
I dont boo at games but I dont see what the fuss is all about to be honest. the fans are booing because the play has been bad, terrible at times and we expect more.

I know Yogi is all about it being this season so lets forget about how we did at the tail end of last season but this year the team and Yogi have been so poor the boo's are inevitable. We have had and are still having the worst run of home results ever. In our last 20 league games we have taken only 19 points out of a possible 60. In Falkirks last 20 games in the SPL they managed 18 points out of a possible 60. Although I dont boo at games (I may boo at half time or full time) these stats are probably why people are losing patience.

Its not just the booing, its the lack of noise when we are playing well,out sung yesterday by what 300 odd ict,we should have drowned them out! miss a penalty? sing! go behind? sing! we need ,when the team are as bad as a lot of people are saying,surely thats the time to try to lift them.

We didnt play great yesterday but there were signs in patches when we played well, keep booing and we definately will end up with a team we deserve. so there

Ernie Cobra
12-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Its not just the booing, its the lack of noise when we are playing well,out sung yesterday by what 300 odd ict,we should have drowned them out! miss a penalty? sing! go behind? sing! we need ,when the team are as bad as a lot of people are saying,surely thats the time to try to lift them.

We didnt play great yesterday but there were signs in patches when we played well, keep booing and we definately will end up with a team we deserve. so there

Surely this is the Job of L&B Polis outside lulu on a Friday or Saturday night naw? :wink:

HFC 0-7
12-09-2010, 03:50 PM

I get what you are saying about trying to lift the team, but it works both ways, the team need to give the fans something to shout and sing about and i am not talking about just 45 minutes of one match. this run of bad performances has been going on for about 9 months now and fans are hitting rock bottom about finding things to shout about. Even the singing section are struggling to get going because of what everyone is seeing on the pitch.

Every week there are threads about how bad the atmosphere is etc etc, there must be about 100 folk on here every week moaning about it. the fact is, no matter how much you are up for it when the game starts and the performance is just the same it brings you right back down to earth.

I am sure even the hardcore people in the singing section go to the games well up for it planning to sing their guts out but when you watch the rubbish on offer it brings you back down to earth.

When was the last time that we were playing it home did the team really give us something to shout about and get all pumped up for? You will probably have to go right back to January when we gave hamilton a doing. because this bad run has been going on for so long it will take a while for the fans to get back on track.

I know the fans and players have to do their bit, but for fans we pay to see it, the players are paid to do it so i think they should be the ones giving us something in return. It has got to the point where we are not confident about getting a result off any team at home, even when we do go ahead no fan is confident, even 3 in front ala Motherwell last season. I dont know about you but I feel everyone is sitting in the stand waiting for the team to hit the self destruct button.

Shrekko
12-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Having read through the thread I have to laugh at some of the comments- particularly those who're almost claiming it's your duty to show your displeasure and that it's detrimental not to! It's also nonsense to say that it's immaterial whether folk boo or cheer as it doesnt really affect the players. Absolute crap actually.

Yes, there may be times when it's appropriate to make it known you're unhappy but in context we're talking about guys being booed whilst in possession FFS.

Since time began players have said what a big difference having their fans behind them makes and how hard it makes it for the opposition. Some folk seem to forget that we're all in this together and the fans are every bit as important as the players in terms of geting what we all want- a succesful club.

Maybe some fans aren't 'Hibs class'? :wink:

Iggy Pope
12-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Seriously?

Silly me.

Touch a nerve did I?

nope but i think i can do more keepy uppies than you!:wink:

Oh ho ho ho ho ho!
This has made my day!
ANYONE else on here seen Hibbyradge kick a ball?????

Love him to bits like but :LOL:

discman
12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
I get what you are saying about trying to lift the team, but it works both ways, the team need to give the fans something to shout and sing about and i am not talking about just 45 minutes of one match. this run of bad performances has been going on for about 9 months now and fans are hitting rock bottom about finding things to shout about. Even the singing section are struggling to get going because of what everyone is seeing on the pitch.

Every week there are threads about how bad the atmosphere is etc etc, there must be about 100 folk on here every week moaning about it. the fact is, no matter how much you are up for it when the game starts and the performance is just the same it brings you right back down to earth.

I am sure even the hardcore people in the singing section go to the games well up for it planning to sing their guts out but when you watch the rubbish on offer it brings you back down to earth.

When was the last time that we were playing it home did the team really give us something to shout about and get all pumped up for? You will probably have to go right back to January when we gave hamilton a doing. because this bad run has been going on for so long it will take a while for the fans to get back on track.

I know the fans and players have to do their bit, but for fans we pay to see it, the players are paid to do it so i think they should be the ones giving us something in return. It has got to the point where we are not confident about getting a result off any team at home, even when we do go ahead no fan is confident, even 3 in front ala Motherwell last season. I dont know about you but I feel everyone is sitting in the stand waiting for the team to hit the self destruct button.

Dont disagree with what youve posted ,however the reasons/explanations you give are the reasons why we should try,we rightly have expectations of the team should they not hope that maybe get behind them a bit more? Its exactly now that maybe they need us most!! anyway I am off to watch ST PAULI V COLOGNE
and dream that we could become the ST Pauli of scottish football...... every hibs "fan" should watch this. ESPN HD

Toaods
12-09-2010, 04:19 PM
nope but i think i can do more keepy uppies than Nish, Hogg or Thicot :wink:

sorted that for you...:wink:

Sammy7nil
12-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Oh ho ho ho ho ho!
This has made my day!
ANYONE else on here seen Hibbyradge kick a ball?????

Love him to bits like but :LOL:

Yeah I played with the "radge" a few times

How can I best explain how he can described - a quick thinking, slow moving, lumbering centre half who puts in lots of effort but lacks the flair to play play further up the field. :greengrin:wink::wink::wink::greengrin

A bit like me :boo hoo::agree::greengrin

At The Edge
12-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Dont disagree with what youve posted ,however the reasons/explanations you give are the reasons why we should try,we rightly have expectations of the team should they not hope that maybe get behind them a bit more? Its exactly now that maybe they need us most!! anyway I am off to watch ST PAULI V COLOGNE
and dream that we could become the ST Pauli of scottish football...... every hibs "fan" should watch this. ESPN HD

Just watched this game, St Pauli pretty unlucky not to take any points today, anyway pretty much the whole Cologne and St Pauli support were standing, (the Cologne fans behind the goal)
no hassle, just fans singing away,

Anyway back to ER, was the singing a bit less yesterday due to the Hibs Kids being at the match, parents not wanting to let rip in front of their little one(s)?
Maybe the regular singing folk moved seats so that they could sit with their kids,
just thoughts, but the atmosphere yesterday was kinda quiet.

Frogga
12-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Totally agree that there is far too much negativity around, I mean I'm not saying we should never boo but only when its appropriate. We weren't even losing to a stubborn ICT team and there were boos going round! I'd hate to see what would happen if they humped us like they did to a stronger Dundee Utd side.

What bothers me most is that De Graaf has only been at the club for 5 or 6 competitive games and he's already getting the same harsh treatment that was dished out to numerous other players deemed 'not Hibs class' by our fans. Fair play, he didn't have a great game but he worked hard and put in a shift.

What bothers me more is that he's getting this treatment while Riordan is treated as some sort of messiah, while standing still, moaning and blowing a great opportunity to seal the win. Don't get me wrong I would be dissapointed if he left us but it makes no sense to me.

HFC 0-7
12-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Totally agree that there is far too much negativity around, I mean I'm not saying we should never boo but only when its appropriate. We weren't even losing to a stubborn ICT team and there were boos going round! I'd hate to see what would happen if they humped us like they did to a stronger Dundee Utd side.

What bothers me most is that De Graaf has only been at the club for 5 or 6 competitive games and he's already getting the same harsh treatment that was dished out to numerous other players deemed 'not Hibs class' by our fans. Fair play, he didn't have a great game but he worked hard and put in a shift.

What bothers me more is that he's getting this treatment while Riordan is treated as some sort of messiah, while standing still, moaning and blowing a great opportunity to seal the win. Don't get me wrong I would be dissapointed if he left us but it makes no sense to me.

I agree with some points there but to be honest your comparison as to why riordan doesnt get the same treatment? Riordan has pretty much proved himself to the fans. De Graff hasnt, maybe this is because yogi has bigged him up so much into something that he looks like he isnt. To me De graff is slow and definately not a box to box type player which is what Yogi said he was so we, the fans, are now looking for him to be that sort of player and then we are left dissapointed.

erin go bragh
12-09-2010, 09:44 PM
really does my head in [why go if all you want to do is boo]one guy behind me in the east was lucky i had my two grandsons with me] :grr:

matty_f
12-09-2010, 10:59 PM
We give the opposition an easy time of it at Easter Road and boo our own players.

Something's seriously wrong with that.

iwasthere1972
12-09-2010, 11:15 PM
really does my head in [why go if all you want to do is boo]one guy behind me in the east was lucky i had my two grandsons with me] :grr:

Or maybe you were lucky you had your grandsons with you.

Anyway I had one guy behind me who throughout the whole game was shouting instructions to the players. Constant 90 minutes of playing football manager. Pass, shoot, that's p*ish, Nish this, Nish that. Wouldn't surprise me if his wife bought him a season ticket to get some peace.

Oh and I didn't confront him either. I wanted to but I had my daughter with me. :wink:

down-the-slope
13-09-2010, 07:28 AM

could you please inform us of where you work (if you do in fact work) so we can come along on mass and Boo your performance...i'm sure there will be some way we can easily justify our doing it :wink:

down-the-slope
13-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Big deal some folk booed a player or players, like they actually care, for me doesnt make any difference really at the match to result, been to loads of games were support was spot on and we played p1sh, been to games were support was not so great and we won.

If they play poor it's down to them and manager, I do believe if a majority boo each week at manager then he could lose job over that, but I dont think the players really care as for every boo there are 3,4, or 5 not booing.

Wrong ...its makes plenty of difference to me and hundreds of others....we have over the past 6/7 years played better football and acheived relativley more success than the previous 20 years of watching the team....we have always been able to be brilliant and rubbish all in the same match..the one thing that has changed is the humour and banter that used to be such a big part of going to the game...it was a big part of the entertainment...now we just have idiots spouting bile and abuse to lighten the mood:rolleyes:
It will be this change of 'support' and constant Victor Meldrew's at best and vicious abuse / booing / bile spouters which will drive me away from future years watching....and not any perceived or actual lack of quality in the team as for me thats only a part of a day out supporting.......

lapsedhibee
13-09-2010, 08:20 AM
I hope "I pay my money so I'll boo who the fek I like" doesn't become an accepted reaction.

Think it already has. Hope "Why don't you take your money and shove it up your **** instead of coming to ER?" catches on though.

But it's an absolute disgrace for people who pay their tenners every year and don't even get a booing facility on the PM board. I mean, how hard can it be for admins to provide a booing button to audibly react to posts which don't pull their weight etc etc etc? :dunno:

Spike Mandela
13-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Wasn't at the game Saturday but press reporting fans booed team off park. I'm guessing but the disallowed goal was so near the final whistle was it not people booing that:confused::confused:

For me I know I can be a moaning git on here and vent my spleen from time to time but in 35 years of watching Hibs have never booed my team, a Hibs player or a Hibs manager.( Maybe a referee or two but that goes with the territory.:wink:)

Just don't get it or why any Hibbie would do it?

matty_f
13-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Wasn't at the game Saturday but press reporting fans booed team off park. I'm guessing but the disallowed goal was so near the final whistle was it not people booing that:confused::confused:

For me I know I can be a moaning git on here and vent my spleen from time to time but in 35 years of watching Hibs have never booed my team, a Hibs player or a Hibs manager.( Maybe a referee or two but that goes with the territory.:wink:)

Just don't get it or why any Hibbie would do it?

I can understand it, tbh.

Yogi has come out and said that he wants us to be like the OF in that not winning consecutive games becomes unacceptable. He said the mentality is that if you don't win this game, then you have no choice but to win the next one.

Why don't they have a choice? Because the fans don't put up with it.

I'm nicking this part of the argument from Danderhall Hibs, because I think it's an excellent point. When we played Rangers, if one of our players mis-placed a pass he got a wee thumbs up from a team mate for trying it, or occasionally Riordan would throw his hands up in despair at not getting the ball he was looking for.

Kenny Miller never got the ball where he wanted it at one point and absolutely roasted the player that mis-placed the pass. Made it absolutely clear that next time the pass needed to be spot-on.

That, IMHO, is where the standards come from. The reason the OF have the mentality that they do is that neither the fans, managers, or players accept things when they're not good enough.

I don't agree really with booing players as such, however I can definitely see how making it known that a performance isn't acceptable can have a positive effect longer term.

Maybe De Graaf needs to hear that next time he gets a chance he has to take it, maybe Deek needs to hear that he needs to either stop taking penalties or make sure he scores them, or the midfielders knowing that their next pass has to find it's target and so on...

I don't want a team of well-meaning triers, I want a team of winners.

For the record, I never booed on Saturday.

Holmesdale Hibs
13-09-2010, 10:10 AM

I would sooner see a stadium full of uber fans than people who go along shouting the type of nonsense you’ve just posted. The negativity at ER is getting worse and the OP has good reason to point this out.

Ernie Cobra
13-09-2010, 11:57 AM
could you please inform us of where you work (if you do in fact work) so we can come along on mass and Boo your performance...i'm sure there will be some way we can easily justify our doing it :wink:

Well what do you say to that.......like how a wee wink at the justifies you having a sly dig, but fair enough!

Nothing i have said is unjustified or does not make sense, Performance of any manager is based on his/hers teams productivity/output/performance. These are not parameters i have put in place, just simply the way the world work, i fail to see why you cant or wont understand that.

If you are happy to continue to pay for underachievement then your naievety knows no bounds, THIS IN MY OPINION WOULD CAUSE MORE DAMAGE TO THE CLUB.

Sent by carrier pigeon, whilst waiting in the dole queue to sign on!

marinello59
13-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Well what do you say to that.......like how a wee wink at the justifies you having a sly dig, but fair enough!

Nothing i have said is unjustified or does not make sense, Performance of any manager is based on his/hers teams productivity/output/performance. These are not parameters i have put in place, just simply the way the world work, i fail to see why you cant or wont understand that.

If you are happy to continue to pay for underachievement then your naievety knows no bounds, THIS IN MY OPINION WOULD CAUSE MORE DAMAGE TO THE CLUB.

Sent by carrier pigeon, whilst waiting in the dole queue to sign on!

So those who disagree with you are naive? Is that a fact or merely your opinion?

Ernie Cobra
13-09-2010, 02:24 PM
So those who disagree with you are naive? Is that a fact or merely your opinion?

No people who disagree with me are not naive, merely have a different opinion, of which they are entitled to. As i am, in my view of how we/i support our club. I'll let you back to looking for an excuse to remove people who do not fit into the Hibs.net mutual appreciation society. I like many, no the vast majority of hibs fans i know of all age groups are not happy with the team performances or indeed the managers, and i will voice this.

Booing the team is not the way forward for morale of players i'll accept that, however short of buyiing the club and replacing the manager, or simply not attending games it's all that can happen.

So do tell, would you prefere fans voted with thier feet or thier voices? What does more damage to the club?

so craic on chaps with the muted approach of sitting on your hands, i for one wont be.

SO I'LL REITERATE, GET YER FINGER OUT YOGI, THEY'RE NOT YOUR BOYSH, THEY'RE YOUR STAFF! GET THE DISCIPLINE BACK OR GTF!!!

basehibby
13-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Really, i will reiterate for the hard of learning - namely YOU. If they are not performing they have to be told. They are picking up a wage for the dross that is being served up on a weekly basis.

To break this down for you. If you order a steak in a restaurant and they brought you back a fish, should you say nothing so as not to upset the other diners???

And as for sit down and shut the **** up.....step away form the keyboard Rocky.

As i said in my original post these players are being picked by a manager, who is not only responsible for selecting them to buy, but for playing and paying them week in week out. he in turn is answerable to the board who continue to employ him, and the are answerable to us who pay them by paying our cash week in week out.

2 things can happen here, we can make them aware we are unhappy or we can become voiceless morons like the jambo lemmings on the dark side of the city.

Learn to contain yourself and boo at the end if you must - for most of us you are nothing but a pain in the erse - to the players you target you are a handicap and a distraction - ie YOU GET THE MESSAGE - by booing players attempting to do a job on the pitch you are actually undermining said player's chances of having a positive impact on the game for Hibs - if in knowing that, you are still happy to carry on in the same vein then maybe you should consider sitting in the South stand instead.

NB - By the way - even if I totally disagree with your opinion on this, well done for sticking your head above the parapet and debating it, there's all too many who are happy to sit there slating players at the game but when it's brought up on here you rarely see anyone openly admitting to it. To debate anything properly you need both sides of the argument so well done for that at least.

PS - your dinner analogy is full of holes - in such a situation you would no doubt politely inform the waiter of the error without disturbing any of your fellow diners and if you were still not happy at the end of your meal, make the message clear by witholding any tip. If on the other hand you decided to resolve the situation by screaming abuse at the chef and the waiter and calling them a shower of useless basturds you would quite possibly be ejected from the premises and quite rightly so.

HibeePaj
13-09-2010, 02:57 PM
I am never suprised by the booing anymore to be honest. And was certainly not surprised by it after the ICT game. Although i dont boo the team after the game i dont really have any problems with people doing it. AFTERALL it was a poor performance and the team the manager and board need to know the fans arent happy. The team is never booed off the park after a good performance and should really drive the team to do better.

Throughout the game you can always rely on a great support from the fans as a whole. Condemn anybody that boos the team or a player (in green:wink:) during the 90 minutes.

There was one guy sitting behind me in the East consantly harrassing every player that touched the ball.. luckily for me im sure hes not a S.T holder.

Ernie Cobra
13-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I am never suprised by the booing anymore to be honest. And was certainly not surprised by it after the ICT game. Although i dont boo the team after the game i dont really have any problems with people doing it. AFTERALL it was a poor performance and the team the manager and board need to know the fans arent happy. The team is never booed off the park after a good performance and should really drive the team to do better.

Throughout the game you can always rely on a great support from the fans as a whole. Condone anybody that boos the team or a player (in green:wink:) during the 90 minutes.

There was one guy sitting behind me in the East consantly harrassing every player that touched the ball.. luckily for me im sure hes not a S.T holder.

ahhh at last a modicum of common sense, which is not so common on here

Stevie Reid
13-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Our support is utterly horrendous and it must have something to do with a large portion of them willing our manager and certain players to fail.

hibs0666
13-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Our support is utterly horrendous and it must have something to do with a large portion of them willing our manager and certain players to fail.

Agreed -it's a close run thing between us and our city neighbours as to who the worst supporters are in Scotland. Radges that boo their own team during games are obviously top of the shop.

Jones28
13-09-2010, 05:05 PM

Hardly an uber fan thread, the OP is disappointed that so many people think booing actually helps a team. Also, whats with the leaving with 10 minutes to go?

basehibby
13-09-2010, 05:10 PM

Throughout the game you can always rely on a great support from the fans as a whole. Condone anybody that boos the team or a player (in green:wink:) during the 90 minutes.

I can't agree with the bit in bold - for a number of years the crowds at Hibs have often been akin to a gathering of wee mice - too scared to make a noise during the game or join in with many songs it would seem so that all you can hear are those individuals intent on offering "helpful advice" to particular Hibs players on a weekly basis.

Re the bit underlined - I'm presuming you mean CONDEMN rather than CONDONE - if that's what you mean then :top marks for that bit!

HibeePaj
13-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I can't agree with the bit in bold - for a number of years the crowds at Hibs have often been akin to a gathering of wee mice - too scared to make a noise during the game or join in with many songs it would seem so that all you can hear are those individuals intent on offering "helpful advice" to particular Hibs players on a weekly basis.

Re the bit underlined - I'm presuming you mean CONDEMN rather than CONDONE - if that's what you mean then :top marks for that bit!

Yeah your right,, apologies for any inconveniance caused :wink:

About the support i do generally think we have a good support over the 90. Perhaps could be better considering the attendance but when you look at our games against the old firm and hearts and also our european nights (although they are not so regular) I think we do have a good atmosphere and singing section. Perhaps it is alot more lax against the 'wee'er' teams though.

And there is ofcourse a much higher chance of the team being booed after playing 'wee' teams than after our bigger games.

Paget

Captain Trips
13-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Wrong ...its makes plenty of difference to me and hundreds of others....we have over the past 6/7 years played better football and acheived relativley more success than the previous 20 years of watching the team....we have always been able to be brilliant and rubbish all in the same match..the one thing that has changed is the humour and banter that used to be such a big part of going to the game...it was a big part of the entertainment...now we just have idiots spouting bile and abuse to lighten the mood:rolleyes:
It will be this change of 'support' and constant Victor Meldrew's at best and vicious abuse / booing / bile spouters which will drive me away from future years watching....and not any perceived or actual lack of quality in the team as for me thats only a part of a day out supporting.......

I am talking about from the players point of view, thats unfortunate you feel that way but people are always going to turn up and voice displeasure, it is not going to change that I an see, we can argue all night about it being right or wrong. I can tolertate and it doesnt bother me.

Captain Trips
13-09-2010, 05:48 PM

About the support i do generally think we have a good support over the 90. Perhaps could be better considering the attendance but when you look at our games against the old firm and hearts and also our european nights (although they are not so regular) I think we do have a good atmosphere and singing section. Perhaps it is alot more lax against the 'wee'er' teams though.

And there is ofcourse a much higher chance of the team being booed after playing 'wee' teams than after our bigger games.

Paget

I agree with most of that, the Hibs support are no worse than any other clubs, I think some people think we are, I have been in away ends at games on occasion and I here the same moans from other teams home support about their own players.

I am not saying it s right but its a leveller and therefore IMO makes little difference to how we play.

basehibby
13-09-2010, 05:54 PM

Paget

:agree: I suppose this has always been the case to some extent although it's got worse over the years IMO - maybe forcing fans to sit down is partly to blame. However, the only times I've ever experienced a truly electric atmosphere at ER against a "wee" team is when the Hibs team of the time was under threat of relegation.

Credit where it's due for that, but I don't understand the collective mentallity that sees the same Hibbies sit on their hands and wait to be entertained against ICT etc that scream their lungs out against the Yams/OF. Afterall, over the course of a league season, 3 points against Hamilton is worth every bit as much as 3 points against the Yams/OF, and anyone that thinks Hibs have the right to be served 3 points on a plate vs these "wee" teams is living in a dream world or certainly hasn't been supporting the Hibs for very long!