PDA

View Full Version : Duffy

The_Horde
11-09-2010, 08:26 PM
How long is he going to be out of action?

--------
11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
;2574522']How long is he going to be out of action?

Not clear, but if it IS a broken metatarsal, and that's exactly what it seems to be, he's probably out until December.

Beefster
11-09-2010, 08:29 PM

Anywhere between 6 weeks and 6 months.

Sir David Gray
11-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Not clear, but if it IS a broken metatarsal, and that's exactly what it seems to be, he's probably out until December.

Anywhere between 6 weeks and 6 months.

Wonderful...:rolleyes:

So we basically don't have any strikers apart from Riordan and Nish?

He might not be the answer, long term, but Kurtis Byrne simply has to be recalled from his loan at East Fife ASAP.

houston1875
11-09-2010, 09:10 PM

Been told 3 months
:grr:

M11BMO
11-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Things are going from bad to worse for us at the moment.

Agreed Bryne needs to be recalled asap.

RickyS
11-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Things are going from bad to worse for us at the moment.

Agreed Bryne needs to be recalled asap.

someone might be able to correct me but i'm sure the rule is a player can't be recalled until the next window. hence why Man City had to loan Marlon Fulop while Hart was in excellent form for Birmingham.

PC Stamp
11-09-2010, 10:37 PM
someone might be able to correct me but i'm sure the rule is a player can't be recalled until the next window. hence why Man City had to loan Marlon Fulop while Hart was in excellent form for Birmingham.

I'd say you're correct. As an SPL club, if we loan a player out, whilst he can be recalled from that loan, he can't be re-registered as a player for us until the January window opens making any recall pointless.

Andy74
12-09-2010, 07:56 AM
We now need to sign one of the big guys and another out of contract guy for six months. The cost would be insignificant to the need to give us cover and options up front.

TornadoHibby
12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
We now need to sign one of the big guys and another out of contract guy for six months. The cost would be insignificant to the need to give us cover and options up front.

Whichever striker we sign must have pace and some decent technical ability otherwise we may as well stay as we are IMO as nothing would be getting added to what we already have! :agree:

Pace and ability is what changes games in the offensive final third and we don't have much of that at present! :confused: