PDA

View Full Version : Desperate need for a striker or two

IFONLY
11-09-2010, 06:25 PM
IMO we definetly need to sign at least one striker. Look at the bench today hardly inspiring, a couple of midfielders and the rest defenders.God forbid if Riordan gets injured or suspended. What is the likliehood of getting Byrne back from his loan I know he is not the ultimate answer but we have nothing else at this momment.

Expecting Rain
12-09-2010, 10:57 AM
IMO we definetly need to sign at least one striker. Look at the bench today hardly inspiring, a couple of midfielders and the rest defenders.God forbid if Riordan gets injured or suspended. What is the likliehood of getting Byrne back from his loan I know he is not the ultimate answer but we have nothing else at this momment.
Desperately need a strong forward to compliment Riordan and give others belief, Galbraith put in three decent crosses to no avail, everything bounces off Nish and he rarely wins a meaningful header.

big-mo
12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
We have Duffy out for six to eight weeks, hopefully back sooner, but have signed the Lith' Valdas Trakys so I would expect him to be playing next week. Yogi has not discounted signing the other guy (can't remember his name) as well.

BEEJ
12-09-2010, 11:18 AM
We have Duffy out for six to eight weeks, hopefully back sooner, but have signed the Lith' Valdas Trakys
Where have you seen / heard this?

.. so I would expect him to be playing next week. Yogi has not discounted signing the other guy (can't remember his name) as well.
Denneboom.

Can't see both these guys being signed as they are the same type of player. If we do bring in another striker it will someone in the mould of Duffy.

Expecting Rain
12-09-2010, 11:39 AM
We have Duffy out for six to eight weeks, hopefully back sooner, but have signed the Lith' Valdas Trakys so I would expect him to be playing next week. Yogi has not discounted signing the other guy (can't remember his name) as well.

I hope we have signed another striker, looking at the bench it was almost full of defenders.