PDA

View Full Version : Nish on the verge of signing for Hamilton

Houchy
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.psdgraphics.com/file/traffic-cone.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.psdgraphics.com/3d/orange-traffic-cone/&h=4000&w=3000&sz=406&tbnid=a0SAiYWfrnTBJM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtraffic%2Bcone&zoom=1&q=traffic+cone&usg=__qItP0SBlEulKXf6SPIt6_hVjKF8=&sa=X&ei=bMeLTMjmGI_54AaMuNW_Cg&ved=0CCsQ9QEwBA

How did he last so long??? He was blowing oot his erse after an hour with his hands on his hips gasping for air.

I know he's always the scapegoat but if he has any thoughts of being a footballer, surely he needs to lay off the fags.:bitchy::grr:

bingo70
11-09-2010, 06:23 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.psdgraphics.com/file/traffic-cone.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.psdgraphics.com/3d/orange-traffic-cone/&h=4000&w=3000&sz=406&tbnid=a0SAiYWfrnTBJM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtraffic%2Bcone&zoom=1&q=traffic+cone&usg=__qItP0SBlEulKXf6SPIt6_hVjKF8=&sa=X&ei=bMeLTMjmGI_54AaMuNW_Cg&ved=0CCsQ9QEwBA

How did he last so long??? He was blowing oot his erse after an hour with his hands on his hips gasping for air.

Said the same on the PM board but his inability to control a pass is an absolute disgrace for a professional footballer, every pass he got and tried to control it ended up bouncing around waist high taking around three touches to get it under control, i'm sorry but that's not acceptable IMO.

In fairness to him, he was involved in some good moves towards the end of the game when he was able to make a first time pass, however as i said his lack of ability to control the ball is an issue now.

If we can get a forward that can control the ball we'd be a far better team.

ScottB
11-09-2010, 06:27 PM

I know he's always the scapegoat but if he has any thoughts of being a footballer, surely he needs to lay off the fags.:bitchy::grr:

Didn't have a choice though did he thanks to our brilliant policy on number of strikers this season.

Won't be the last time that we'll have to keep guys on the pitch who would normally have been pulled off.

Houchy
11-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Didn't have a choice though did he thanks to our brilliant policy on number of strikers this season.

Won't be the last time that we'll have to keep guys on the pitch who would normally have been pulled off.

Is this what we're resorting to to keep morale up in the team:greengrin

lyonhibs
11-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Said the same on the PM board but his inability to control a pass is an absolute disgrace for a professional footballer, every pass he got and tried to control it ended up bouncing around waist high taking around three touches to get it under control, i'm sorry but that's not acceptable IMO.

In fairness to him, he was involved in some good moves towards the end of the game when he was able to make a first time pass, however as i said his lack of ability to control the ball is an issue now.

If we can get a forward that can control the ball we'd be a far better team.

<Shrieks from the gallery>

"But he's a good Hibbie"

He's like a Spectrum in a world of X-Box 360's - endearing to some, but fundamentally pish and far, far too limited and slow.

SMAXXA
11-09-2010, 07:47 PM

Policy on umbers of strikers, what he didnt have a choice cause hes going in knowing im pish but hey its no my fault im being picked. Buck stops with the manager I guess, Nish isnt good enough I think the MAJORITY of Hibs fans will say that however the problem lies far deeper than singling him out all the time, which ive personally been guilty of! I couldnt believe when I read during the week Yogi saying we will sign EITHER of the 2 strikers Denaboom or the the Lith, its plain to see Hibs have no cutting edge other than Deeks, yeah he missed a pen which is fair enough we cant rely on him to produce all the time.

Nich for me is murder and shouldnt be near the first team, however our inability to proactivly strenghten the strikers is very concerning to me.

Hate to say it but if Yogi continues to persist with this kind of thing, for me he is putting a noose round his own neck! No strikers, a captain who is gona be unhappy at being dropped, Murray who is gona play second fiddle, I can only see one outcome to be honest and I really hope im soooo wrong!

P. I would hate to see him fail be sacked for what it is worth

woody47
11-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Is Nish Yogi's love child?
The guy cannot control a simple ball and his first touch is worse than an elephant. What does he do that he keeps getting a game? Absolutely dire apart from about a five minute spell in the 2nd half but for the rest he was a passenger. How many times do you see some crisp passing end up with him making a total c-up.
Now wait for all the Nish lovers to come back with the same old "he's a Hibee, support your players, blah blah blah!!!"
I really don't care what team he supports. He gets paid to play football and I have better control of a ball than he does and I'm giving him 25 years!
:bye::bye::bye:

lyonhibs
11-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Is Nish Yogi's love child?
The guy cannot control a simple ball and his first touch is worse than an elephant. What does he do that he keeps getting a game? Absolutely dire apart from about a five minute spell in the 2nd half but for the rest he was a passenger. How many times do you see some crisp passing end up with him making a total c-up.
Now wait for all the Nish lovers to come back with the same old "he's a Hibee, support your players, blah blah blah!!!"
I really don't care what team he supports. He gets paid to play football and I have better control of a ball than he does and I'm giving him 25 years!
:bye::bye::bye:

In jail??

Oh pretty please :pray:

hibsdaft
11-09-2010, 08:04 PM
am i missing something with the thread title?

Bayern Bru
11-09-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm all for backing Hibs players, but in nearly 20 years of watching Hibs, I've never seen any striker who could trap the ball 20yds before.

The fact is, he's not good enough. I've defended him for long enough despite getting ludicrously frustrated at him during matches, but it doesn't matter that he's a Hibs fan, or that he 'tries,' or he holds the ball up well.

If Nish is an example of holding the ball up well and creating chances for other players, then we're in for a long season ladies and gents.

Also, what on earth is the thread title about? :confused:

lyonhibs
11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm all for backing Hibs players, but in nearly 20 years of watching Hibs, I've never seen any striker who could trap the ball 20yds before.

The fact is, he's not good enough. I've defended him for long enough despite getting ludicrously frustrated at him during matches, but it doesn't matter that he's a Hibs fan, or that he 'tries,' or he holds the ball up well.

If Nish is an example of holding the ball up well and creating chances for other players, then we're in for a long season ladies and gents.

Also, what on earth is the thread title about? :confused:

Which - for the record - he patently doesn't. Thankfully (:rolleyes:) a mixture of Hibs brinkmanship with Stokes and Yogi's almost paternal love for Nish means that now we're out of the transfer window without having got the replacements up front we clearly needed, and have the tantalising choice between a Lithuanian who makes Curier seem like a 1 club man, and Denneboom, who even Yogi has said is decidedly unfit.

MrSmith
11-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Said it about him and Hogg. Pity its taken folk so long to see the blindingly obvious!

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?190061-Had-It!!-%28with-Hogg-and-Nish%29&highlight=:grr:

Lofarl
11-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Did anyone else in the East see the 2 fans very near come to blows over Colin Nish? Was both funny and sad at the same time.

Sir David Gray
11-09-2010, 08:24 PM
am i missing something with the thread title?

I thought I was missing something as well but if you check the link in the OP, it's a cone that has red and white horizontal stripes on it, like a Hamilton strip.

hibsdaft
11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I thought I was missing something as well but if you check the link in the OP, it's a cone that has red and white horizontal stripes on it, like a Hamilton strip.

that still doesn't make much sense :greengrin

scotty1875
11-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Did anyone else in the East see the 2 fans very near come to blows over Colin Nish? Was both funny and sad at the same time.

Yeah I did - I was 4 rows directly behind them.

The guy with the shaved head wearing a brown top in his late 30's? was overly agitated & was standing giving Nish pelters.

A guy in his teens who was with a young laddie a few rows behind dared to tell him to leave it out.

The guy with the brown top turned his aggression on the the teenage guy.

When a third party told brown top to calm down he received an aggressive barrage and a challenge for a square go - so the third party climbed over the seat to confront brown top. Brown top bottled it and his mate stepped in to calm both parties. Brown top never shouted a word the rest of the match.

Brown top apologised to the third party at half time and that was that.

This was only 30 mins into the game when we were 1-0 up and comfortable at the time.

The natives are restless Yogi.

Ritchie
11-09-2010, 08:54 PM

The guy with the shaved head wearing a brown top in is late 30's? was overly agitated was standing giving Nish pelters.

A guy in his teens who was with a young laddie a few rows behind dared to tell him to leave it out.

When a third party told brown top to calm down he received an aggressive barrage and a challenge for a square go - so the third party climbed over the seat to confront brown top. Brown top bottled it and his mate stepped in to calm both parties. Brown top never shouted a word the rest of the match.

This was only 30 mins into the game and we were 1-0 up and comfortable at the time.

you gotta love *****bag hardmen!! :faf:

SMAXXA
11-09-2010, 08:55 PM

The guy with the shaved head wearing a brown top in is late 30's? was overly agitated was standing giving Nish pelters.

This was only 30 mins into the game and we were 1-0 up and comfortable at the time.

P**fs!!!!! lol :greengrin

C'mon at leat have a decent square go, gives folk a breather from watching Nish :thumbsup:

Houchy
11-09-2010, 09:17 PM
that still doesn't make much sense :greengrin

I was implying that a traffic cone would be more effective than Nish.:agree:

Beefster
11-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Said it about him and Hogg. Pity its taken folk so long to see the blindingly obvious!

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?190061-Had-It!!-%28with-Hogg-and-Nish%29&highlight=:grr:

I hate to tell you this but folk have been grumbling about Hogg and Nish for a wee bit longer than a month.

Kaiser1962
11-09-2010, 09:27 PM

"But he's a good Hibbie"

He's like a Spectrum in a world of X-Box 360's - endearing to some, but fundamentally pish and far, far too limited and slow.

Thats a bit unkind. Anybody who played KICK-OFF on a Spectrum? FIFA 11 on an Xbox 360 pr PS3 Bah! On a Spectrum you got Seven (yes 7 (Seven)) colours to play with and two of them were black and white.

Young pups dont know their born.

Hibby 2005
11-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Someone earlier on this thread said that Nish came on to a game later today? Possibly when Galbraith came on by any chance? I said yesterday that a forward line of Nish, Riordan and Galbraith from the start would be fine but that it wouldn't happen under Yogi. Nish feeds off service from cross balls from the wing.

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Thought Nish was decent in the first half, that flick to Riordan was sublime. But yes, he was poor to the point of embarrassing in the second.

Woody1985
11-09-2010, 10:17 PM

"But he's a good Hibbie"

:tee hee:

Bayern Bru
11-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I hate to tell you this but folk have been grumbling about Hogg and Nish for a wee bit longer than a month.

Some have had the knives out since Hogg's arrival in 2005... :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 09:46 AM
I was implying that a traffic cone would be more effective than Nish.:agree:

Its all very well but traffic cones can't answer the criticism implied here.

Houchy
12-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Its all very well but traffic cones can't answer the criticism implied here.

Nish surely can't have any answers for masquerading as a footballer either.

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Nish surely can't have any answers for masquerading as a footballer either.

Ach , I dunno, maybe the poor guy was just distracted:wink:

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 10:21 AM
What a rancid way of talking about one of our own - this thread is embarrasing.

What a good ideal it would be to get rid of our one player with a bit of height and fight up front - who would you replace him with, an unknown player that has been released and has no club - they must be brilliant. Or perhaps Wotherspoon, who has not kicked a ball for months.

Get a grip. this is one of our players.

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 05:56 PM

What a good ideal it would be to get rid of our one player with a bit of height and fight up front - who would you replace him with, an unknown player that has been released and has no club - they must be brilliant. Or perhaps Wotherspoon, who has not kicked a ball for months.

Hear what you are saying, my own intervention here is an attempt to lighten the debate, if you have any doubt backtrack my postings on the other (many) debates about big Colin, I am a fan, the general thrust of my arguments in his defence (hibby aside which seems not to be a plus in his case in some peoples view) is that he cost us a rumoured £100k or less and thats not a lot of cash for a minimum of 10 goals a season plus a number of assists, ungainly or not thats what you get, last season towards the end we probably got more. We would not have been in Europe without his goals at the end of last season.

Very happy to say that once the jerseys on, however sheit they are I will not give them stick during the time they are on the pitch in our colours, many other ways to express your frustration and negatively affecting our chances on the pitch doesn't make sense to me. Hard enough as it is.

lyonhibs
12-09-2010, 06:10 PM
What a rancid way of talking about one of our own - by this do you mean cos he's a Hibee, he should get preferential treatment?? :confused:- this thread is embarrasing.

Let's try to get a terminology issue sorted. When you say "a bit of height" do you mean, "he's 6' 3" (or is it 6' 4")- which is not up for debate - or are you implying that he uses this physical presence to good effect, and is a real thorn in the side of SPL defences on a regular basis, which - IMO - is very much up for debate.

For me, for a man of his size, Nish has next to no physical presence, he's all arms and legs flailing towards all 4 points of the compass at the same time, usually with the end result that his second touch is a tackle and/or he falls on his arse. Tim Cahill is shy of 6 foot, yet scores an incredible amount of goals with his head.

This is mainly down to his positioning, technique and timing his leap, none of which Nish displays with any regularity at all. Clearly I'm not saying Nish should be as good as Cahill, cos that would be ridiculous, but having "a bit of height" is absolutely useless if you can't put it to good effect with any regularity. Ask SPL CBs their top 5 feared opponents, and I'd be amazed if Nish features.

If I was - which clearly I'm not - a Nish supporter (btw, re: Nish, surely not every single poster on here who think that Nish just isn't up to it can be a "non-supporter" intent solely on "ruining his confidence" etc??. Maybe Nish just isn't good enough :dunno:) then the last aspoect of his game I'd cite would be his presence and areial (in)ability, simply because, even for an on-fire Nish, those 2 aren't his strong points. Ball on the deck, I've seen him - for a brief period early last season - really trouble teams, but that is over with, and unlikely to come back IMO.

Continuing to play him in his current form is folly, and Yogi needs to sign an alternetive target man (if that's a role he feels is obligatory) ASAP.

Alfred E Newman
12-09-2010, 06:15 PM

Well said. Many on here are assuming that Duffy would have made more impact than Nish yesterday when 99% of posters have no recollection of ever seeing him kick a ball. Given the fact that he has failed to hack it in Englands lower divisions we should not pin our hopes on another clubs reject .