PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings from today

jonny
11-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Brown - 7
For me didnt do much wrong. Had a bit of a wobbly moment when he mis-handled a cross but other than that looked pretty assured and safe.
Hart - 7
Did well without being outstanding. What a difference from the right backs of last season. Solid at the back and an posed attacking threat. Pity he had to go off as I dont think he wouldve given away the penalty.
Grounds - 6
Definately a bit quicker than IM but didnt show the same ball winning mentality. ICT players seemed to run through him a couple of times. Not an overly bad display but not a great debut.
Bamba - 8
Tackling was outstanding - wouldve got a 9 if his distribution was better at times. Really glad we held onto him.
Dickoh - 8
Very solid performance. For the large part kept young Rooney quiet which is a bit of a job. Looked comfortable on the ball and likes to get stuck in. Massive improvement on Hogg.
De Graaf - 3
Not the ball winning box to box player we were promised. Shocking miss, poor passing, not great in the tackle and soooooo slow. I honestly didnt know what position he was supposed to be playing. Very dissapointing.
Wotherspoon - 6
Had a few good efforts that were just off target. Was a bit better with his tackling but still not showing the performances of early last season. Very bad decision to take the ball off Deeks toes at the end of the game and probably cost us the win as I reckon Deek wouldve scored anyway.
Miller/McBride - 5
Seemed to be the same player. They were falling on top of each other the whole game and seemed posted missing every time we lost the ball. Both seem to like the square ball when a forward pass is just as simple. Would expect both to be dissapoointed with their performances today.
Nish - 6
Did win more than his share of flick ons and did have some decent interplay at times. His touch really lets him down and his lack of composure on the ball broke up a lot of attacking moves. Think playing with Riordan suits him more than Stokes.
Riordan - 7
Not a great performance by his standards but he did score a lovely goal and did a lot of work. Found himself waiting on the midfield (which were as a whole poor) too often. Expect him to score a free shot from 12 yards though!
Galbraith - 7
Only got 20 mins or so but gave a real injection of pace and added a much needed spark. Hugged the left wing well and cut inside when needed. What does the lad have to do to get a start!
Thicot - 6
Overall I dont think he did too badly when he came on - right up until he gave away the penalty. Stupid challenge. Other than that fitted into a defence which generally played very well.

sparkiehibs
11-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Brown - 7 - Didnt do anything wrong but didnt have too much to deal with. very strong penalty so nothing he could do about that. good foot save against rooney in first half

Hart - 5 - Slow on the ball, made bad decisions, lost the LW a good few times

Bamba - 7 - Played strong, controlled his area well

Dickoh - 6 - Didnt do much wrong but didnt have a great deal to do.

Grounds - 7 - Good Debut. One of the few who looked bothered in the final 30 minutes. Good runs forward.

Deek - 8 - Man of the Match for me. Tried for the full 90 minutes.

De Graff - 5 - Still Absent from the game. does not want to get involved.

McBride - 6 - Need to see more from him going forward.

Miller - 6 - Needs to get on the ball and run at players

Spoony - 6 - Was involved but gave the ball away to many times

Nish - 1 - WHY ARE WE PLAYING HIM!!!

Subs

Thicot - 5 - Came on for Hart. Was doing OK until he gave away the penalty then he fell apart.

Galbraith - 7 - Came on for De Graff. Put plenty of effort in. should be starting.

What I would have done

Took Hart off for Hogg

Took Nish off for Galbraith

Took De Graff off for Murray

davym7062
11-09-2010, 08:27 PM
nish -6??? every 2nd touch a tackle. 6????? worst player on the park by a country mile

Craigyno1
11-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Brown - 7 - Did nothing wrong but not much to do
Hart - 6 - Looks nervous on the ball, but did ok
Bamba - 8 - Very strong and tried hard
Dickoh - 7 - Good strong debut
Grounds - 6 - Looked good but tired very badly at the end
Deek - 7 - Tried his best
De Graff - 5 - Looks lost!
McBride - 6 - Neat and tidy?
Miller - 7 - Thought he did well & tried to pass the ball and get forward
Spoony - 5 - Needs a rest. Disappointing
Nish - 5 - Tried hard but a yard off the pace at times
Subs

Thicot - 5 - One minute very good, the next he looks slow & pish!
Galbraith - 7 - Direct with pace....unlike the rest of the team!

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Brown - 7 - Did nothing wrong but not a lot asked of him
Hart - 6 - Looks decent, if he was not feeling injury would never have taken hom off
Bamba - 7 - Defends well, needs to look before he passes / at least try and find a hibs player

Dickoh - 7 - Great debut. thought him and Bamba played with a good understanding from the start

Grounds - 5 - Dont know what game I was watching but average at best, anything more than a 6 yard pass sideways went missing, lost his man, and looked very slow - so comment above re pace with IM would massively disagree with, caravan and a tractor.

Deek - 8 - Played well, glad to see him off the wing

De Graff - 5 - Struggling, but as for fans booing one of our own - disgrace!

McBride - 6 - Captain? Never for me. Would be looking at him for goal, lost the ball in midfield again. Needs to improve / show he can give more than Rankin.

Miller - 6 - Bit of an off day for him, but dont think McBride helped him at all.

Spoony - 6 - Stopped being a big fan of him a while back, but showed flashes at times and whilst not a good performance, one of the better ones of late.

Nish - 7 - Worked hard - fans cheer him when one of his flicks comes off and boo when it does not - we do realise he is not Ronaldo dont we?? Thought he did well and fought / went for balls that no one else even looked at.

Thicot - Feel for him - why yogi keeps playing a CH at RB I will never know, McBride put him in a poor position by giving away the ball, but silly going to ground like that. Yogi - why not put IM in RB slot, or DW and rankin to midfield - even better you played Hoggy at RB at Ibrox last year - why not use that good idea again!

Galbraith - would like to see him given a shot ahead of Wotherspoon. Needs to get the ball in quicker - no need to beat the same guy three times, everytime!

Yogi - stop trying to be some tactical mastermind, and dont use a game we need to win as a showcase for your new sigings. CH did well LB never for me, Norwich played him CH, so if needed thats were he can go.

jonny
12-09-2010, 09:57 AM
nish -6??? every 2nd touch a tackle. 6????? worst player on the park by a country mile

Cant agree with that mate. Thought Nish did OK winning headers and flick on's. His touch was poor at times but we know what he's capable of and what he's not. Passing the ball to his feet in tight situations is only going to put him under pressure and 9 times out of 10 he will lose the ball - as he did. Clever pass through to Deek to win the penalty.
Thought De Graaf was the worst player by far. Like the other poster I was still really annoyed when Hibs fans were actually booing and jeering him when he got the ball.

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Cant agree with that mate. Thought Nish did OK winning headers and flick on's. His touch was poor at times but we know what he's capable of and what he's not. Passing the ball to his feet in tight situations is only going to put him under pressure and 9 times out of 10 he will lose the ball - as he did. Clever pass through to Deek to win the penalty.
Thought De Graaf was the worst player by far. Like the other poster I was still really annoyed when Hibs fans were actually booing and jeering him when he got the ball.

Would agree with most of that, thought Nish played well, and put in a lot of work. De Graff and Grounds were lowest down the ratings for me.

PS Did big Nish get caught offside once yesterday?!

yekimevol
12-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Brown - 7 - made a few good saves in the first half and a good game all round

hart - 6 - made a few nice runs down the right in the first half. second half not so much

Bamba - 7 - rock at the back even had a few slips but used this speed to make up for them.

Dickoh - 6 - good start good presence at the back

Grounds - 6 -solid debut

Deek - 8 - good game looked for ball the whole game, and gave the ict problems most of the game

De Graff - 5 - was not up to much, if was ment to be at right midfield then he cut in far to many times.

McBride - 6 - solid game

Miller - 5 - few good passes but needs to learn to turn with the ball

Spoony - 5 - not as effecctive on the left

Nish - 3 - apart from a few flick ons thought he had a shocker.

Subs

Thicot - 5 - does not have the pace for rb, wortherspoon should have been put there

Galbraith - 7 - yogi wake up and see what we see a team with a lack of pace and width. danny has both !!!
wortherspoon right and danny left would give us the width needed to strech the game

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2010, 11:45 AM

:agree::agree:

Really sad to see Nish get no encouragement for the good things he does, but as soon as he makes a mistake, he gets pelters.......

snooky
12-09-2010, 12:02 PM
My tuppence worth .....
Brown : okay - better than the other two we have IMO
Hart : at least he is a right back - did okay
Two centre backs: did fine but not really under much pressure. Thought they had an easy time of it today.
Grounds: started well but then showed some flaws, pace being one of them
Miller/McBride : did alright without setting the heather on fire
DeGraff: My mother used to always say "if you can't say anything nice about someone then don't say anything".
Spoony: Like the laddie and played no' bad. Yogi should give him a rest sometimes as he may burn out.
Deek: Good goal, poor pen. He's one of few reasons I still go to ER.
Nish: Seen him play worse and also better. Always had a soft spot for Nish however, I really don't think we're getting enough from him.
Subs: Thicot - like some folk, I thought he did okay up to the pen when he was caught flat footed.
Galbraith: First sign of life in the whole match. At last, some width. It's not rocket science, Yogi!
Ref: Called a foul against us at every one of our corner kicks. Mr Pernickety should have at least been consistant. He spoiled a bad game.

500miles
12-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Brown - Good save with feet, one iffy moment when he fumbled a cross, but good hands on recovery. No chance with penalty, and generally dealt well with crosses. 7

Hart - Was doing well until he came off - I think due to a desire to prevent overworking a newly recovered injury. 6

Dickot - Looks to have a bit of compsure about him. Of him and Bamba, he plays the role of the more passive centre half, which is fine, but there were occassions where he needed to show more desire or aggression. Of course, this may take time in adapting from the Dutch league. 6

Bamba - Infuriates me. When he focusses on getting the basics right, he is excellent. However, a lapse in concentration here, too long on the ball there, and poor choices, particularly during a half hour period of the second half meant that he didn't have the great game that people are trying to say he did. He's become a new untouchable on these messageboards I fear, which means those around him take his share of the stick.7

Grounds - Not a fantastic performance, but one of the better performances at left back we have seen this season. Looked to be a bit off the pace - when was his last 90 minutes at Middlesbrough? 6

McBride - Newly installed as Captain, and done his best to be more of an attacking, creative force . As such, the passes are more difficult and the risk is greater, so I have no problem with mistakes being made. However, with him getting forward more, I do feel that the fullback positions weren't quite as well protected. 7

Miller - Poor game today - passing, touch and slow to react. One such occassion was when Nish passed back to him, with a ball that was a bit harder than you would want, but still controllable, and he didn't stick his leg out. Nish got pelters, but Miller should have controlled that. Other incidents invovled hanging on to the ball for too long, losing possession in dangerous areas, and silly stray passes. 5

Wotherspoon - I thought he had a decent first half. Comfortable on the left hand side, taking players on, and cutting inside, and looked like he could have made the telling contribution throughout, without it actually coming to anything. Fell away second half, but wasn't entirely absent. 6

De Graff - Wants far too long on the ball, and is ill at ease with the pace of Scottish Football. When I watch him i can see signs of a footballer in there, but at 30, is it too late to adapt to the pace of the Scottish game? 4

Riordan - Took his goal well after a good move on the left, and being fed in by Nish, and a good freekick attempt. However, one occassion sticks in the mind where he should have played Nish in, and instead played a weak shot. That would have been fine, had he not missed a penalty. If you make your name entirely based on being a goalscorer, you just cannont miss a penalties, not as many as Derek has. 6

Nish - Had a decent first half, and a performance filled with inconsistancies in the second. Tidy to gain the assist, played others in with tidy little touches, and won plenty of the ball in the air. Fouled against all day, and was targetted by the referee for doing very little wrong. Second half, he was inconsistant in all aspects of his game. He could recieve two balls of exactly the same quality, and end with two completely different results. First one he would take down perfectly and move the ball on, and the second he would take a 30 yard touch. Infuriating, but not a poor performance over all. 6

Galbraith - Came on and done well. We may well see him get a start next weekend. 4
Thicot - Uncomfortable playing at right back. Does certain things right, but then makes a huge mistake. For me, you bring him on at Centre Mid or as a sweeper when you're protecting the scoreline. He does pick out some good passes. Poor, poor penalty to give away. 2

Hibs90
12-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Brown - 6

Hart - 6

Bamba - 7

Dickoh - 6

Grounds - 6

Deek - 7

De Graff - 4 - Still think he is adapting but is truely terrible it seems.

McBride - 6

Miller - 6

Spoony - 6

Nish - 5

Subs

Thicot - 4
Galbraith - 7

mouvran
12-09-2010, 04:08 PM
:agree::agree:

Really sad to see Nish get no encouragement for the good things he does, but as soon as he makes a mistake, he gets pelters.......

spot on
Whenever he did something well the stand goes absolutely silent, but after one slight mistake everyone goes mental at him. Now i know what he's talking about with the 95% point.....