Ritchie
11-09-2010, 05:59 PM
He won't start.... Why??? Cause yogi's a stubborn numpty

--------
11-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Surely Danny G has to start next week ?

Only person in the team willing to take a player on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He should - I would play the defence we started with today, the strikers we started with today, and a midfield of Wotherspoon-McBride-Miller-Galbraith.

Bayern Bru
11-09-2010, 06:12 PM
All I can think is that Yogi must see him as an impact player to bring on when the opposition are tiring. :rolleyes:

Certainly we looked more threatening after his introduction.

Golden Bear
11-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Surely Danny G has to start next week ?

Only person in the team willing to take a player on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree:

The ability to take on and beat opposing players will soon be coached out of Danny unless he moves on to another Club.

Flair players will not be allowed to flourish at ER as long as Yogi is at the helm.

Sad but true.

Seanair
11-09-2010, 06:36 PM
He won't start.... Why??? Cause yogi's a stubborn numpty

Agree with last sentence! But surely, just as he's had to admit with Hogg, being stubborn is NOT the mark of a good manager.
Every time Galbraith got the ball today he had 2 men on him (just like Sproule)--that means somewhere else a Hibs player was unmarked, Sheemples!

Hibees07
11-09-2010, 07:19 PM
When Galbraith came on I said to my boys that Hibs would lose a goal as they always lose a goal when he comes on the park.

Low and behold they did!.

Not saying it's Danny's fault but it does seem to happen frequently, at least it appears that way to me.

Bayern Bru
11-09-2010, 07:58 PM
When Galbraith came on I said to my boys that Hibs would lose a goal as they always lose a goal when he comes on the park.

Not saying it's Danny's fault but it does seem to happen frequently, at least it appears that way to me.

I see what you mean; Hughes tends to panic, as I've said before, and tries to make decision to 'influence the game.' Unfortunately though, an unconfident non-RB replacing Hart, and a winger replacing an ineffectual centre midfielder didn't influence the game in the correct ways.

Yes, Galbraith created a few chances, but if when Hart had gone off, we had crowded the midfield by reverting to a 3-5-2, I like to think the outcome might have been different. When Thicot loses his man, he panics and acts impulsively - not unlike HKT used to. Grounds is used to playing CB; so a back three and a crowded midfield would've made much more sense, rather than bringing on the defender who it could be argued was to blame for the St Mirren goal last week.

Franck Stanton
11-09-2010, 08:14 PM
He should - I would play the defence we started with today, the strikers we started with today, and a midfield of Wotherspoon-McBride-Miller-Galbraith.
Why play Miller? Hasn,t played that well this season [ okay, I'lkl conceed the game v 'well] but it appears there are a lot of Hibbys cant see any wrong in him.

greenlex
11-09-2010, 08:24 PM
My thoughts exactly Doddie. If they are all fit thats exactly what he should do.
If Galbraith doesnt start next week then Yogi should be sacked on the spot.:grr:

lyonhibs
11-09-2010, 09:34 PM

Och, go on stop wi' aw this "common sense" havering. Yogi is focusing on getting a squad of "right guid lads" who bring "a real edge to the place" and who "aw bust a gut in training".

As long as they all "gie it a right guid go" next week, I'll be a happy camper.

:fibber:

Galbraith should be starting in all games that we should be looking at dominating and winning from the off, and I've said that for months now, along with many others.

It's unlikely to happen, tho in fairness many said the same thing about Hoggenbauer getting dropped.

yekimevol
12-09-2010, 11:42 AM
yogi did not want him he was a mixu signing that he could not get get out of.

sahib
12-09-2010, 11:49 AM

I like Galbraith and he gives width and a bit of pace but I would be tempted to drop McBride and keep Graaf. I feel that midfield is just a bit puny.

500miles
12-09-2010, 12:11 PM
It's very easy to be the one with pace and fresh legs coming off the bench to take players on, and run up and down that wing. Playing like that from the start, however, is a totally different matter. It took Sproule a couple of seasons before he could be relied upon to play well from the start of a match, but even then, a lot of fans still labelled him an "impact player".

He'll get his chance. If he has more intelligence than Ivan, then he may have an edge.

Diclonius
12-09-2010, 12:51 PM

He cancelled the transfers of Bengelloun and Hodge, why not Galbraith?

Expecting Rain
12-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Perhaps as previously posted Yogi sees Galbraith more as an impact player like Zemamma and Shiels before him, in my opinion he deserves 90 minutes to prove the manager wrong, it doesn`t stop Hearts from giving Templeton a game ( sorry for mentioning them in this post) there are a lot of similarities though.

CapitalHibs
12-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Perhaps as previously posted Yogi sees Galbraith more as an impact player like Zemamma and Shiels before him, in my opinion he deserves 90 minutes to prove the manager wrong, it doesn`t stop Hearts from giving Templeton a game ( sorry for mentioning them in this post) there are a lot of similarities though.

Don't know but something gives me the impression on watching Danny that he may not be ready for a hard 90 minutes. Remember that he suffered a few bad injuries before he joined us, so it also may be down to a confidence thing:dunno:

Andy74
12-09-2010, 03:19 PM
He's been handled fine so far and is getting more time now he's a bit more ready. Some real crap on this thread!

discman
12-09-2010, 03:38 PM
:thumbsup:
Don't know but something gives me the impression on watching Danny that he may not be ready for a hard 90 minutes. Remember that he suffered a few bad injuries before he joined us, so it also may be down to a confidence thing:dunno:

He's been handled fine so far and is getting more time now he's a bit more ready. Some real crap on this thread!

Both dead on,definately not midfield player either,I hope he develops and isnt used for the full 90 minutes too soon, cos given how fickle we are I dont want his confidence decimated by our fabulous boo boys!

HFC 0-7
12-09-2010, 03:55 PM

thats only because he usually brings him on at left back or takes another player out of position to play him.

HFC 0-7
12-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Definately not a confidence thing IMO, he looks full of confidence when comes on, in fact the only player with enough confidence to take on a player. IMO, he should have got a regular place after he scored against Celtic, he would have been full of confidence after that and i can only feel that he would have went from strength to strength.

If I was danny I would be getting less and less confident with not being played. the team is on an awful run of form and he still doesnt get a chance, when he comes on he plays well, better than many of the starters each week.

yekimevol
12-09-2010, 05:08 PM
He cancelled the transfers of Bengelloun and Hodge, why not Galbraith?

i might be totally wrong about this bit because ive heard two diffrent versions. but there was a clause in the contract and we had to honour it and the other one is that the others were pre season and danny was already on a contract.

marinello59
12-09-2010, 05:15 PM

So you are in the know.

i might be totally wrong about this bit because ive heard two diffrent versions. but there was a clause in the contract and we had to honour it and the other one is that the others were pre season and danny was already on a contract.

Or making it up.

StarMan10
12-09-2010, 05:19 PM

he was a hughes signing!

Miller33
12-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Why play Miller? Hasn,t played that well this season [ okay, I'lkl conceed the game v 'well] but it appears there are a lot of Hibbys cant see any wrong in him.

Cant say Miller has played any worse than most of the side, definately cant see how you wouldnt have him in the side? I think hes got to start, hes a fantastic player.. who would you have instead?

And back to the point... iv been screaming for Galbraith to start, he should have had more game at the back end of last season aswell, surely got to start him and spoony on the wings next week, get DeGraaf dropped!