PDA

View Full Version : Why Thicot!!!!!!!!!!!

mikethehibee69
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
just back from the game, was enjoying the game until Yogi who aint smarter than the average Bear :wink:, decided to take hart off, ok he did look tired but why the hell stick that bombscare on(Thicot), surely move Wotherspoon back to RB and replace DGraff aka van bossen with Ian Murray,then punt Nish and replace with Galbraith, Yogi please either start managing or do the decent thing and resign, this is not what we expect:boo hoo:
But all you so called fans that boo the team wait till the end as it is counter productive oh i wish the glory days would return and soon:grr:

HibeePaj
11-09-2010, 05:49 PM
just back from the game, was enjoying the game until Yogi who aint smarter than the average Bear :wink:, decided to take hart off, ok he did look tired but why the hell stick that bombscare on(Thicot), surely move Wotherspoon back to RB and replace DGraff aka van bossen with Ian Murray,then punt Nish and replace with Galbraith, Yogi please either start managing or do the decent thing and resign, this is not what we expect:boo hoo:
But all you so called fans that boo the team wait till the end as it is counter productive oh i wish the glory days would return and soon:grr:

To be honest mate i didnt think Hart looked that tired and he had been havingg a good game at the back, so why the substitution was made is a mystery to me. Im clueless as to why he would put Thicot in at RB but I actually thought thicot had a good game, looked solid and confident IMHO. ok giving away the penalty wasnt great but i think the bigger problem was Riordan not scoring ours.

Thought it was a slow game with half-hearted performances from the majority. Im hard pushed to say it was an improvement on the St Mirren game.

Bamba had mibby one or two 'slipups' today but apart from that was OUTSTANDING IMO. the guy puts 100% into everything and tbh deserves to be playing at a much better team than Hibernian.

Paget

easty
11-09-2010, 07:09 PM
To be honest mate i didnt think Hart looked that tired and he had been havingg a good game at the back, so why the substitution was made is a mystery to me. Im clueless as to why he would put Thicot in at RB but I actually thought thicot had a good game, looked solid and confident IMHO. ok giving away the penalty wasnt great but i think the bigger problem was Riordan not scoring ours.

Thought it was a slow game with half-hearted performances from the majority. Im hard pushed to say it was an improvement on the St Mirren game.

Bamba had mibby one or two 'slipups' today but apart from that was OUTSTANDING IMO. the guy puts 100% into everything and tbh deserves to be playing at a much better team than Hibernian.

Paget

Are you mental??? Thicot was awful in every way. He dived in around the half way line about 5 mins before giving away the pen, Bamba went over to him and told him to chill (or something along those lines)....then he makes the most disgraceful of tackles in the box and gives them a point. Regardless of anything else that went on today, I'll remember this game for him up.

bingo70
11-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Are you mental??? Thicot was awful in every way. He dived in around the half way line about 5 mins before giving away the pen, Bamba went over to him and told him to chill (or something along those lines)....then he makes the most disgraceful of tackles in the box and gives them a point. Regardless of anything else that went on today, I'll remember this game for him up.

:agree:

I've defended Thicot since day one as i've always thought there could be a player in there but today was the final straw for me, i can appreciate he's not a right back, however no footballer with half a brain would have dived in with their wrong foot the way he did for that penalty, what position he was playing at that point is irrelevant, that was just plain stupid.

He proved to me today that he's not someone we can rely on, we need to get shot of him sharpish IMO

Pete70
11-09-2010, 07:15 PM

I'll remember it more for Riordan up and missing our penalty

bingo70
11-09-2010, 07:18 PM
[/B]

Missing a penalty isn't the sign of a ***** player, what Thicot did today is the sign of a ***** player.

easty
11-09-2010, 07:20 PM
[/B]

Tell you what though, I'd trust Deek to step up next time and put it away, the next 10 times even. I wouldnt trust Thicot not to make an arse of his next tackle in the box.

Hibernian Verse
11-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Tell you what though, I'd trust Deek to step up next time and put it away, the next 10 times even. I wouldnt trust Thicot not to make an arse of his next tackle in the box.

There was actually a spell last season where Deeko failed to put away penalties. Then Benji stood up and took one, then missed (against Killie). In fact Stokes was the same...

Can it not be the Goalie Coach's fault or something?

woody47
11-09-2010, 07:47 PM
What annoyed me most with Thicot today was that he wasn't playing too bad prior to the penalty. But he had one flying leap at the winger which if he had caught the guy would have done some serious damage. Then two minutes later he does the lunge again but this time inside the box.
When the Ferk is he going to learn. This is scholboy stuff. But enough is enough.
How long left on his contract? Not too long I hope.

HibeePaj
11-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Are you mental??? Thicot was awful in every way. He dived in around the half way line about 5 mins before giving away the pen, Bamba went over to him and told him to chill (or something along those lines)....then he makes the most disgraceful of tackles in the box and gives them a point. Regardless of anything else that went on today, I'll remember this game for him *****ing up.

No im not mental, thought Thicot didnt play any better nor worse than Hart. Do think it was a poor choice taking Hart off. I don't think Thicot is comfortable at RB and so see that also as a poor substitute. I am not saying Thicot was'nt stupid for giving away that penalty (which if i remember correctly was near enought two-footed from behind). And to remember the game for 'him up'?? Thought it was really quite a p*ish poor team performance from a better side. At 1-0 up Derek Riordan could have more than finished Caley off. All i ask from a penalty taker is for a decent penalty( more importantly ON TARGET!!!) .

If that was a one-off from Deek i wouldnt be too bothered, but i reckon that he now has a less than 60 % convertion rate from his last 6. (willing to be proven wrong there).

Paget

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 08:25 PM
[/B]

Oh dear lord.
I wouldn't trust Thicot to stay awake long enough for the run from 18 yards to 12 yards to take a penalty.

JimBHibees
11-09-2010, 08:27 PM
No im not mental, thought Thicot didnt play any better nor worse than Hart. Do think it was a poor choice taking Hart off. I don't think Thicot is comfortable at RB and so see that also as a poor substitute. I am not saying Thicot was'nt stupid for giving away that penalty (which if i remember correctly was near enought two-footed from behind). And to remember the game for 'him up'?? Thought it was really quite a p*ish poor team performance from a better side. At 1-0 up Derek Riordan could have more than finished Caley off. All i ask from a penalty taker is for a decent penalty( more importantly ON TARGET!!!) .

If that was a one-off from Deek i wouldnt be too bothered, but i reckon that he now has a less than 60 % convertion rate from his last 6. (willing to be proven wrong there).

Paget

Surely you are on the wind up.

No.4
11-09-2010, 08:35 PM

Paget

It said on the radio Hart was injured so it seemed like the obvious sub to make.. Unless you want him to bring on Hogg?

down the slope
11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Why not play Ian Murray , the man has played for Scotland in that position but cannot get a game in front of a French second div player !!! says it all really.

Crab apple
11-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Hart must have been injured as Galbraith was ready to come on for De Graff but then went back into the dugout and had to wait until after the Hart substitution.
Thicot is not a full back and the fact that he came on shows how weak our squad is in certain areas.
I also think we definitely need someone up front who can hold things up as Nish, despite having better game today, does not have the technique for this role.

No.4
11-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Why not play Ian Murray , the man has played for Scotland in that position but cannot get a game in front of a French second div player !!! says it all really.

I've not been a defender of yogi previously, but people on here have been moaning about the fact IM's legs have gone and he's too slow to play left back so I don't see how playing him in RB where he's not played for us, never mind Scotland for quite some time, would change that fact and mean he'd do better. He might not have given away a penalty, but he might not have had the legs to track back and take the ball off the toe of the striker like Thicot did before conceading the pen.. so it's 50/50 for me.

Thicot is a nightmare no doubt, however at least Hughes tried to play players in their most comfortable position today (excluding DW) and tried to rectify a couple of weak links in defence so at least he's begining to see the problems and doing something about it.

Too little to late? Maybe... actually, probably.

Dunbar Hibee
12-09-2010, 11:01 AM
What a load of pish. Thicot made a stupid challenge yes but you haven't seen say big Bamba make a silly tackle? Up until that mistake Thicot had a good game and made a couple quality challenges in the box.

Brooster
12-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Nobody was surprised when he conceded the penalty because he has history and is always a yard off the pace, add in the fact that he is hopeless in the air, cant pass, hides from the ball, never shows for a pass and bottles every 50/50 (and 40/60) then you have a player who shouldnt even be in the squad. Any of the four subs - Hanlon, Murray, Rankin and Hogg would've been better options at right back for 20 mins than Thicot. Yes the open goal and penalty miss were costly but the introduction of Thicot was also a major factor in our failure to win.

shamo9
12-09-2010, 11:15 AM
What a load of pish. Thicot made a stupid challenge yes but you haven't seen say big Bamba make a silly tackle? Up until that mistake Thicot had a good game and made a couple quality challenges in the box.

Bad game or not, he's not a right back. Never has been, never will be. He's not comfortable getting forward and is unfamiliar with where he's supposed to position himself when defending. He has a habit of going for the wonder tackle a little too often. It looks great when it comes off but when you're in a tight spot you need to press and make sure the attacker isn't getting past you. Save the theatrics for the strikers.

Wotherspoon proved last year that he's at least not a liability at right back. He should always be second choice and possible Hogg for third (solid and reliable).

Brooster
12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
I think most folk are of the opinion that Thicot isn't a RB so out of interest what position do folk think he should be playing?

Devine
12-09-2010, 11:33 AM
The guy is an accident waiting to happen. No matter how much good he does in a game, near enough every game he plays he seems to make rash decisions and ultimately costs us points. You cant have a guy who is a liability like that playing in your team I was surprised he wasnt moved on in the summer but now is the time to cut our losses

Bishop Hibee
12-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I think most folk are of the opinion that Thicot isn't a RB so out of interest what position do folk think he should be playing?

I'd like to see him at Centre Forward for Hearts :wink:

He's a nightmare. Should have had a penalty against him at St Mirren, played Dargo onside and put in no challenge for the goal and then the pen yesterday. Fans boo Nish but this turkey has done nothing to justify his contract at ER.

maturehibby
12-09-2010, 04:06 PM
obviously learned nothing from last season when he did exactly the same thing in box against St Johnstone which again resulted in a penalty and a draw after they too scored from the spot kick .
No excuses for that

Cropley10
12-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Surely moving DW to RB was a better option than bringing Thicot on.

I can't believe that folk think he played well before or after he gave away the pen'. At one point he gave up on tracking back a player and let DW do it!

He's a player who wouldn't get into any other SPL team. FACT.

Dashing Bob S
12-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Surely moving DW to RB was a better option than bringing Thicot on.

I can't believe that folk think he played well before or after he gave away the pen'. At one point he gave up on tracking back a player and let DW do it!

He's a player who wouldn't get into any other SPL team. FACT.

Certainly not at full-back. So let's play him there.

Hacked off with Yogi at the moment. Either play them in their proper position, or not at all. Don't stick them in at RB just because you don't like them (McCormack) or (you think) nobody else is available (Thicot).

Sergey
12-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Certainly not at full-back. So let's play him there.

Hacked off with Yogi at the moment. Either play them in their proper position, or not at all. Don't stick them in at RB just because you don't like them (McCormack) or (you think) nobody else is available (Thicot).

Lest we forget that he also put on Galbraith at left-back against the Hun, only to make another substitution shortly after to allow Galbraith to play in his correct role.

It's as if the players have a game of stone/paper/scissors to see who plays at full-back.

Pete70
12-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Any Admins care to expalin why my post yesterday was deleted?

BroxburnHibee
12-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Any Admins care to expalin why my post yesterday was deleted?

It wasn't me - but probably to stop the thread degenerating into a tit for tat squabble.

MSK
12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Any Admins care to expalin why my post yesterday was deleted?Yes i can ...you responded to another poster with this .."Oh and back at you" :asshole: ..

Petty as it sounds if we allowed it could you imagine the total carnage on here..hand bags, dummy tits & rattles flying about...someone could get seriously injured ..:wink:

The_Horde
12-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Having watched the highlights, poor positioning from Thicot, too flat footed and stands far too square on to the guy. Then he just follows the ball, gets done for pace and then his ego got in the way and he can't just accept he's been done and let somebody else try and cover.. so he dives in.

Stupidity!

Ed De Gramo
12-09-2010, 10:20 PM
that silly tackle reminded me of HKT's antics against Dundee Utd a couple of seasons ago....:grr:

mikethehibee69
12-09-2010, 10:35 PM

Left Back in the dressing room:wink::greengrin

J-C
13-09-2010, 09:52 AM

His natural position is cenrtal defensive midfield/ CB, lets play him there.

herdy
13-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Have to say, I found it strange that Yogi should take off Hart. Seemed to be doing alright, certainly better than i've ever seen thicot do.

For me It just didn't work up front, Colin Nish was poor, again. His touch was rotten, come the second half it looked like he had just given up !!. De Graffe had a poor game aswell, but I think he just had a bad day, i felt the boos when he went off the park were a bit much.

On a bright note, it was nice to see a hibs team with no Chris Hogg at the back !

I've a funny feeling someone will recieve an absolute humping from us in the near future, the bad run will end ! Probably once hibs sign another striker.

ahibby
14-09-2010, 08:14 AM
I thought we were vulnerable on both flanks at the back. They got in behind Grounds a couple of times in the first half and almost scored as a result, great leg save by Brown. The back four are not familiar with each others games and so they might need a bit of time to gel and know when and who to cover for (such as covering for Thicot who doesn't have the pace to keep up with a speedy winger).

J-C
14-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Watched the highlights again and I must admit that although he was caught for pace his challenge wasn't that bad and the winger was only too eager to accept his left leg and go to ground all too easily.

Unfortunately we have 4 guys who can cover at the back, Thicot/Murray/Hanlon/Hogg, all devoid of pace and therefore all capable of making these all to regular mistakes. Thicot and Murray are DM's, Hanlon has still a bit to learn and Hogg is just not up to it.

PaulSmith
14-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Watched the highlights again and I must admit that although he was caught for pace his challenge wasn't that bad and the winger was only too eager to accept his left leg and go to ground all too easily.

Unfortunately we have 4 guys who can cover at the back, Thicot/Murray/Hanlon/Hogg, all devoid of pace and therefore all capable of making these all to regular mistakes. Thicot and Murray are DM's, Hanlon has still a bit to learn and Hogg is just not up to it.

Then we need to ask why our only natural RB was loaned to ICT

J-C
14-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Then we need to ask why our only natural RB was loaned to ICT

Because we have no reserve league in which to get him match fit, after 2 years+ of injuries, McCann was desperately in need of match fitness, not in Div 1 but SPL level, ICT was a perfect place for this to happen. I'm sure Yogi didn't envisage Hart getting injured in the 2nd game of the season.

Dunbar Hibee
14-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Because we have no reserve league in which to get him match fit, after 2 years+ of injuries, McCann was desperately in need of match fitness, not in Div 1 but SPL level, ICT was a perfect place for this to happen. I'm sure Yogi didn't envisage Hart getting injured in the 2nd game of the season.

It's a managers job to be prepared for things like this to happen, though.

allezsauzee
14-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Get him binned Yogi!! Thierry Gatteussi Mark II

Hogg should have replaced Hart

J-C
14-09-2010, 02:13 PM

It's a managers job to be prepared for things like this to happen, though.

So we keep McCann and put him in even though he hasn't kicked a ball in all seriousness in nearly 2 years, or we hope the players that have got some experience can fill in incase of injury. Remember last year when Man U had Carrick and Fletcher playing Ch's, did Ferguson not prepare properly or did he have to just get on with things like that.

TRC
15-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Was he not singed as a defensive midfielder?

Speedway
15-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Was he not singed as a defensive midfielder?

As in once burnt, twice shy?

If we got rid of Thicot, we couldn't claim to have Thicot, Dickoh and Deeko in our team. How bad would that be?

I'm not convinced that Hogg, Rankin, Hanlon or Murray would have been better options at RB.