PDA

View Full Version : Just Back - Not Yogi's Fault today (Who would be a manager ?!?)

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Definately not Yogi's fault today :-

1. The two new guys looked pretty decent
2. We take an early lead and are controlling matters, playing well
3. Fair enough, they had a wee spell after 1/2 time when they hit the bar, but how can you legislate for your top striker and best player missing a pen at 1-0?
4. How can you legislate for De Graafs miss ?
5. How can you legislate for the daft tackle by Thicot (who had done really well since he came on) ?
6. Galbraith was a good substitution - did well when he came on

We should have won but didn't.........not the manager's fault though, don't know what more he could have done.

SO FRUSTRATING ! :grr:

Gala Foxes
11-09-2010, 05:16 PM
He persists with Thicot who is clearly, on 3 season's evidence, a clueless nightmare

sundo1875
Agree just didn't go for us today so annoying

ronaldo7
:top marks

We just had to put them away and didn't. As usual.

Yogi had everything right today imo.

Some you win, some you draw:wink:

Removed
11-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I blame the East. Where were they today?

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 05:22 PM
He persists with Thicot who is clearly, on 3 season's evidence, a clueless nightmare

Not sure if you were at the game today, but if you were you would know that Thicot actually did really well until his stupid tackle.

Yes Yogi picked him and put him on, but you cannot legislate for a player doing so well and then giving a daft penalty away (combined with the other stuff in my original post - e.g our pen miss, De Graafs miss.

Not a lot more that Hughes could have done, we were unlucky, but it happens to better teams than us !

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 05:23 PM
I think you'll find yogi picked the team. we need more players with the ability to hit the ball off our number nine in the hope it goes in. Far too many were trying to play the ball to it with the result that when it fell over the ball had hardly moved.

Thanks for your contribution........next. :yawn:

Hiber-nation
11-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Was it not Yogi who brought Thicot on at RB? As bad a decision as you could imagine after his performance last week. Today was the usual - boring and predictable.

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Was it not Yogi who brought Thicot on at RB? As bad a decision as you could imagine after his performance last week. Today was the usual - boring and predictable.

Erm, yes it was Yogi who brought Thicot on. As stated though, he did really well until that tackle. Maybe it will be the final straw as far as Thicot is concerned, the point of my post though was that it difficult to legislate for that tackle, especially given how well Thicot was doing whan he came on.

I didn't think today was "boring and predictable". Lets agree to disagree on that one.

H18sry
11-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Was it not Yogi who decided to start the season with only 3 strikers? :grr:

HibbyRod
11-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I entirely afree with the OP.....so frustrating!!!! :grr:

How can you legislate for a guy blasting over the bar a ball that either my 10-year-old grandson or I could have put away with ease?

Then Riordan misses yet another penalty at a crucial juncture by failing to hit the target! :rolleyes:

Thought Thicot was doing ok too until his ill-timed tackle. When Hart had to go off Thicot was the obvious replacement at RB, so I don't blame Yogi for this either.

As has been stated above....who would be a manager of a football team?

Oh, one other thing....I cannot understand how Galbraith does not get more playing time? :confused:

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Was it not Yogi who decided to start the season with only 3 strikers? :grr:

Did you mean to post this on a different thread ?!? :confused:

My original post says that it was not Yogi's fault today, for the reasons already stated.

Hibs Class
11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Thicot did well today after coming on, but a minute or two before conceding the penalty he dived in so late that he missed man and ball. He should have been told there and then to cool it - might have stopped him needlessly giving away the pen. Agree, though, that it's a bit harsh to blame Hughes.

BroxburnHibee
11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Glad to see a thread like this posted as I felt exactly the same way.

Only thing I can have a go at Yogi for is not having a better RB reserve than Thicot.

I've had enough off this guy in our team - he may well have done ok when he came on but after the St Mirren game it was completely unsurprising to see him give that penalty away.

As soon as he came on Caley targeted that area - they had done their homework.

Gutted about the result but no way am I blaming Yogi.

Andy74
11-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Agree totally. Just not our day. Team looks like it is taking shape though. Nish to be replaced next.

Duffy would have made a wee difference. Tough one to legislate for.

We could do with some support and positivity though. So much negative stuff all channelled in the wrong direction.

lucky
11-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Yogi is at fault.

Why bring on Thicot at RB after the St. Mirren game? surely better option of moving Wotherspoon.

He signed and selected De Gash.

He has left Hibs with nothing up front.--Sold Stokes, released Benji, loaned out Bryne. Brought in 1 player to replace 3.

Had no attacking options on the bench bar Galbraith.

Failure to start Galbraith.

I am one of the few Hibs fans who think he needs more time but it is getting harder to defend him.

Beefster
11-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Haven't won at home since 6th March.

Have collected 16 points in our last 20 SPL games (which equates to 30 points in a full SPL season, fact fans).

Have been pumped out of each cup at the first sign of a remotely decent team (Ross County?).

Of course it's not Hughes' fault. We do need someone to blame though as Stokes isn't here any longer.

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Agree totally. Just not our day. Team looks like it is taking shape though. Nish to be replaced next.

Duffy would have made a wee difference. Tough one to legislate for.

We could do with some support and positivity though. So much negative stuff all channelled in the wrong direction.

:top marks :agree:

The_Todd
11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
To me it's Yogi's fault we couldn't beat a very poor ICT team. There were some positives and good moves, and with a bit of luck (free kick, penalty, open goal) it could have been 4-0 before their penalty.

However, we it ended 1-1 and we can expect to scrabble round the bottom half for the rest of the season if we insist on passing the ball straight to the opposition.

But still positives:

The new guys look fairly impressive
Bamba and Dickot look a good defensive partnership
Some good saves by Smith (not many as ICT didn't test too often)
Galbraith is a livewire
And the view from Row JJ of the east is phenomenal. Sadly what I was looking at wasn't very good.

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 05:50 PM
To me it's Yogi's fault we couldn't beat a very poor ICT team. There were some positives and good moves, and with a bit of luck (free kick, penalty, open goal) it could have been 4-0 before their penalty.

However, we it ended 1-1 and we can expect to scrabble round the bottom half for the rest of the season if we insist on passing the ball straight to the opposition.

But still positives:

The new guys look fairly impressive
Bamba and Dickot look a good defensive partnership
Some good saves by Smith (not many as ICT didn't test too often)
Galbraith is a livewire
And the view from Row JJ of the east is phenomenal. Sadly what I was looking at wasn't very good.

Brown was in goals my friend !

--------
11-09-2010, 05:53 PM
I would question the decision to loan out McCann, Byrne, and possibly Booth - all three are at the stage where they should be breaking in to OUR team, not playing for someone else.

If Kevin McCann has a possible fitness problem, we should be able to find that out here at ER; the lad's a decent RB and his presence on our bench today would have given the manager an option other than Thicot who isn't actually a full-back.

Similarly KB would have given us an option up front - if Yogi has a problem with KB's 'attitude', then he should be able to sort it out without farming the guy out. When I think of some of the 'attitudes' displayed by certain players in the old days, I really wonder about the way the game has changed. And about how on earth contemporary managers would have dealt with the guys I'm thinking of.

Booth, if he were at ER, would also take a little pressure off the manager - rather than playing a centre-back at LB, he could have played a proper LB instead. OK, Callum and Kevin and Kurtis all lack experience, but they won't get it without games, and if our pool is as impoverished as it seems, we could be using them to advantage. Loaning them out to get them experience elsewhere is all very well, but if we need them ourselves...

Yes, we missed chances, including a penalty, and yes, there are positives to be taken. We still need to sort out the penalty problem, sign at least one other striker for this season at least, and personally I think the off-field Yogi should say MUCH less to the media and on-filed he should learn to keep things simple - he seems to me to have an unhappy knack of making a simple game much more complicated than it really is.

Cracker
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Well when it comes to being Clueless guess you would be an expert! being a nightmare well again you the boss. Played well up until the Pen,Steven says he never touched the guy but minds are made up :bye: Steven:bye:

The_Todd
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Brown was in goals my friend !

:hilarious

Forgive me - as an East Stander I've not yest adjusted to sitting in Row JJ. It was very far away and I'm 3 years overdue for my next opticians appointment!

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 06:00 PM

Forgive me - as an East Stander I've not yest adjusted to sitting in Row JJ. It was very far away and I'm 3 years overdue for my next opticians appointment!

Do you agree that Stokesy played well though ?!?!? :greengrin

H18sry
11-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Did you mean to post this on a different thread ?!? :confused:

My original post says that it was not Yogi's fault today, for the reasons already stated.

No correct thread, because if he had, had more than 3 strikers available he would have been able to change things today and not have the need to list 4 center halfs on the bench. :grr:

The_Todd
11-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Do you agree that Stokesy played well though ?!?!? :greengrin

He was a joke the way he missed that penalty, ken? :wink:

Twiglet
11-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Regarding Thicot - I'm getting a bit of deja vu. Has the whole "Thicot's not a RB" not beenbeen discussed every time he plays?
I actually feel sorry for him. For some reason Yogi wants to play him there, which is obv not his position!!!!!!!!!!
He's becoming the new Nish/Rankin/Hogg on here, for being played in a posiiton that's not his own!

As for Nish today, apart from his stumbles, I thought he played alright. His passes were ok, for some people to put him in the same breath as de Graaf today is not right as far as I'm concerned. Nish was WAY better then de Graaf. Yes he had some faults (though it is hard tp stay on your feet every time a player is right up the back of you) but he was much better than I remembered.

Keith_M
11-09-2010, 06:08 PM
It was really frustrating but the quicker Yogi finds a replacement for Nish, the better. I did complain about him staying on the pitch for 90 minutes but, to be fair, he's not exactly awash with alternatives.

The_Todd
11-09-2010, 06:09 PM
As for Nish today, apart from his stumbles, I thought he played alright. His passes were ok, for some people to put him in the same breath as de Graaf today is not right as far as I'm concerned. Nish was WAY better then de Graaf. Yes he had some faults (though it is hard tp stay on your feet every time a player is right up the back of you) but he was much better than I remembered.

Nish is infuriating. One minute a beautiful backheel, pass, flick or header to a team-mate, the next he controls the ball like he's never played football before.

But today he wasn't terrible by a long shot.

TornadoHibby
11-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I think you'll find yogi picked the team. we need more players with the ability to hit the ball off our number nine in the hope it goes in. Far too many were trying to play the ball to it with the result that when it fell over the ball had hardly moved.

I'm not one for slating players but I felt that Colin Nish showed conclusively today that he has the touch of an elephant and despite being 6ft 4 ins tall (at least) seems unable to win most headers against smaller players than himself. :confused:

We must get some pace and ability into our forwards or it will be down to Derek Riordan to score all our goals from free play but where will we find out of contract strikers who will fit the bill quickly! :confused:

Despite this, I felt that we played reasonably well today and certainly could easily have won the match comfortably had the two glaring misses gone in instead of not! The back four looked solid and strong apart from a 10 or 15 minute spell in the second half although Dickoh and Grounds looked tired over the last part of the game, something that more competitive matches will sort for them! :agree:

I cannot understand what Galbraith has to do to get a regular game as he is the one pacey forward player that we have who does create chances with his wide tricky runs and precision crosses in the main! :confused:

I don't think we are to far away from seeing some winning performances if we build on what we have so far, get at least one pacey skilful striker in fast and let young Danny get on the ball each week as he does look an exciting prospect IMO! :cool2:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Things were just not going to go for us today so I am happy to mark it down as a might have been. Think that Dickoh looked alright, but could do with same more games. Wee bit dissapointed in Grounds in that we are told he is great footballer but I thought his use of the ball and especially his attempts at crossing were dreadfull. But for a wee bit more composure from Deeks and we bit more awareness from Spoony, the game could well have been three zip, but equally ICT could be away home with the three points.

Gettin' Auld
11-09-2010, 06:35 PM

So is Graeme Smith. :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 06:36 PM
So is Graeme Smith. :wink:

And the scout who recommended De Graaf !

500miles
11-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I think if you look at the team he put out, he done everything you would want.

Brown, apart from one incident which he recovered, was solid.

Hart had another good game until he was taken off - possibly due to a niggle, or otherwise related to the injury he had just recovered from.

Dickoh looks like a decent aquisition - likes to play the ball along the deck. Could be more aggressive and assertive, but will hopefully catch up to the pace of the SPL.

No one would have dropped Bamba, but I'm going to say this again - if Chris Hogg commited some of the sins that Bamba does, the stadium would be HOWLING at him. Bamba is an excellent player - when he focuses on getting the basics right, and there was a spell in the second half where he just wasn't doing that at all.

Grounds coped well for his first game, despite having trouble with the ICT number 11 early on.

De Graff made good runs, and it's plain to see that Yogi has him in there due to the way he can find space - but he still wants too long on the ball. Still struggling the the tempo of the SPL, and snatched at a glorious chance.

Miller, no one would drop him, and despite getting so much wrong, he often looked like he was almost about to do something special, without ever pulling it off, which makes him very difficult to substitute.

McBride played well, a few stray passes aside.

Wotherspoon was similar to Miller - he drifted in and out, but looked threatening without fulfilling that promise on the day. Inexperience may have cost us a winner at the end.

Nish played Riordan in for the goal, fed him another chance later, linked up well on a couple of occassions with Wotherspoon and had some nice touches. At the same time, he had a couple of instances where he looked like a huddy. That's just the nature of the player that he is, and while some people will allow that to overshadow the good things he done, if you look at it overall, I thought he had a decent - not great - game.

Riordan scored a good goal, but when you're entire reputation is based on being a goalscorer, you can't miss penalties, end of story. That said, he could have had a second if Wotherspoon hadn't gotten in the way right at the death.

Galbraith came on, looked lively and caused problems with his pace.

Thicot was doing so well until the penalty. Ruined what should have been a good way to bounce back from last weeks performance.

We were unlucky today. You make you're own luck though, and I think a few players need to learn a few harsh lessons.

matty_f
11-09-2010, 07:15 PM

Hart had another good game until he was taken off - possibly due to a niggle, or otherwise related to the injury he had just recovered from.

Dickoh looks like a decent aquisition - likes to play the ball along the deck. Could be more aggressive and assertive, but will hopefully catch up to the pace of the SPL.

No one would have dropped Bamba, but I'm going to say this again - if Chris Hogg commited some of the sins that Bamba does, the stadium would be HOWLING at him. Bamba is an excellent player - when he focuses on getting the basics right, and there was a spell in the second half where he just wasn't doing that at all.

Grounds coped well for his first game, despite having trouble with the ICT number 11 early on.

De Graff made good runs, and it's plain to see that Yogi has him in there due to the way he can find space - but he still wants too long on the ball. Still struggling the the tempo of the SPL, and snatched at a glorious chance.

Miller, no one would drop him, and despite getting so much wrong, he often looked like he was almost about to do something special, without ever pulling it off, which makes him very difficult to substitute.

Wotherspoon was similar to Miller - he drifted in and out, but looked threatening without fulfilling that promise on the day. Inexperience may have cost us a winner at the end.

Nish played Riordan in for the goal, fed him another chance later, linked up well on a couple of occassions with Wotherspoon and had some nice touches. At the same time, he had a couple of instances where he looked like a huddy. That's just the nature of the player that he is, and while some people will allow that to overshadow the good things he done, if you look at it overall, I thought he had a decent - not great - game.

Riordan scored a good goal, but when you're entire reputation is based on being a goalscorer, you can't miss penalties, end of story. That said, he could have had a second if Wotherspoon hadn't gotten in the way right at the death.

Thicot was doing so well until the penalty. Ruined what should have been a good way to bounce back from last weeks performance.

We were unlucky today. You make you're own luck though, and I think a few players need to learn a few harsh lessons.

Agree with that.

You know, at the game just after ICT scored. I sent a text to 65bd which basically said 'Yogi GTF'.

Now, having had time to digest the game and calm down a bit, and to put things into perspective - there was a spell in the game where I thought things were finally coming together for Yogi! Shows how bi-polar football makes you.

I think Yogi was unlucky in that De Graaf should have scored, Nish might not have been on the park if it wasn't for the injury to Duffy, while Thicot almost certainly wouldn't have replaced Hart if Hart had been fully fit, not to mention the disallowed goal and the miss from the penalty spot by Riordan.

Danderhall Hibs got the same 'GTF' text from me, and he asked the question 'hasn't Yogi made all the changes folk were wanting?', and to be fair to Yogi - the things we've bumped our gums about, he's set about fixing.

We needed a good right back, we got Hart. Been injured so it's unfortunate, but in terms of a problem area being fixed, I'll give that one to Yogi.

Left back, we've got Grounds, who was fairly solid today. Again, notch another one up to Yogi.

Keeper - Brown and Stack both improvements on Maka, and Yogi's seen that Smith hasn't been up to it so he's down the pecking order. Another good call from Yogi.

Hogg - dropped and 2 good centre halves brought in, in Stephens and Dickoh. Have to say, I'm with Yogi on that one too.

Midfield, we've got De Graaf and I think the jury is still out on him. Didn't do much right today, but is good at getting into the box, even if his goalscoring touch has deserted him just now.

Miller and McBride are an improvement on what we were watching under Mixu, while Wotherspoon has shown glimpses of promise.

Our achilles heel is up front. With Duffy injured (and Stokes sold) we were reliant on Nish, who just is not dependable at this level.

Overall, today's line up and performance was relatively good, we should have had the game out of sight long before ICT got their penalty.

easty
11-09-2010, 07:17 PM

In my opinion, if it wasnt for Sol today we would have lost. I thought he was quality. Did he lose a header at all? Cos he won loads. Made quite a few interceptions, a good few tackles. Always finds the right space and makes himself an outlet for the midfield. He was also organising the defence today.

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Regarding Thicot - I'm getting a bit of deja vu. Has the whole "Thicot's not a RB" not beenbeen discussed every time he plays?
I actually feel sorry for him. For some reason Yogi wants to play him there, which is obv not his position!!!!!!!!!!
He's becoming the new Nish/Rankin/Hogg on here, for being played in a posiiton that's not his own!

Fell out a while back with many on here regarding Thicot.

Hi is bluntly, awful. He is lazy and costs us dearly most times he appears. What is worse it doesn't appear to bother him how awfully and patently crap he is.
Imagine playing alongside a sloth like that? It must do in the nuts of the players around him.
He should NEVER APPEAR FOR HIBS AGAIN.
A wage thief if ever there was one.
And for far, far too long now.

Nish - I cannot and will not believe the stick he gets. De Graaf looks like a major mistake by Yogi for whatever reason but I know which one I would pick first.

Things were just not going to go for us today so I am happy to mark it down as a might have been. Think that Dickoh looked alright, but could do with same more games. Wee bit dissapointed in Grounds in that we are told he is great footballer but I thought his use of the ball and especially his attempts at crossing were dreadfull. But for a wee bit more composure from Deeks and we bit more awareness from Spoony, the game could well have been three zip, but equally ICT could be away home with the three points.

Grounds terrifies me.
A full back that cannot -
Tackle
Head
or
Cross

But can -
Point

Dear ****, the Championship must be a challenge.

The_Todd
11-09-2010, 07:26 PM
In my opinion, if it wasnt for Sol today we would have lost. I thought he was quality. Did he lose a header at all? Cos he won loads. Made quite a few interceptions, a good few tackles. Always finds the right space and makes himself an outlet for the midfield. He was also organising the defence today.

I think that's giving ICT too much credit. They were rank.

discman
11-09-2010, 07:32 PM

agree with most of this grounds and dickoh gave sol "outs" and apart from that wee second half spell looked ok,spoony was lively and liked up well with grounds in the first half asfor the offside goal,if you see it again deeks wouldnt have got to it, we battered them and were unlucky,I was looking forward to seeing duffy upfront but have to put that on hold!

HFC 0-7
11-09-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm not one for slating players but I felt that Colin Nish showed conclusively today that he has the touch of an elephant and despite being 6ft 4 ins tall (at least) seems unable to win most headers against smaller players than himself. :confused:

We must get some pace and ability into our forwards or it will be down to Derek Riordan to score all our goals from free play but where will we find out of contract strikers who will fit the bill quickly! :confused:

Despite this, I felt that we played reasonably well today and certainly could easily have won the match comfortably had the two glaring misses gone in instead of not! The back four looked solid and strong apart from a 10 or 15 minute spell in the second half although Dickoh and Grounds looked tired over the last part of the game, something that more competitive matches will sort for them! :agree:

I cannot understand what Galbraith has to do to get a regular game as he is the one pacey forward player that we have who does create chances with his wide tricky runs and precision crosses in the main! :confused:

I don't think we are to far away from seeing some winning performances if we build on what we have so far, get at least one pacey skilful striker in fast and let young Danny get on the ball each week as he does look an exciting prospect IMO! :cool2:

Good post!

Thought hibs done quite well today but they look out of ideas in midfield on how to get the ball into the final third. Nish blew a couple of good moves going forward and as for Galbraith, he immediately put there defenders on the back foot. He has pace and a decent cross and looks like ho could only get better with games. I reckon he would get goals and create goals, what more does yogi want from him, IMO its a total mystery why he doesnt get more game time.

As someone mentioned to me today it may be that he burns out quite quickly in a game but surely he deserves more game time?

As for it being yogis fault? The team looked lost for ideas in my opinion, whether that is just the players we have or the managers tactics I dont know.

I would blame Yogi for today, not because of the team he played but more because of the team he has forced himself to play because of the lack of strikers (Selling Stokes, Releasing benji and putting Byrne on loan) also I think he desperately should have been trying to sign a creative midfielder as he knows his only one will be out to December which is not a good time for zemmama to come back. Also De graff is begining to look more and more like a dud, nit just for his miss but he looks quite slow and definately not a box to box type and IMO doesnt look that comfortable on the ball that i think we all expected.

Twiglet
11-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Agree with that.

You know, at the game just after ICT scored. I sent a text to 65bd which basically said 'Yogi GTF'.

Now, having had time to digest the game and calm down a bit, and to put things into perspective - there was a spell in the game where I thought things were finally coming together for Yogi! Shows how bi-polar football makes you.

I think Yogi was unlucky in that De Graaf should have scored, Nish might not have been on the park if it wasn't for the injury to Duffy, while Thicot almost certainly wouldn't have replaced Hart if Hart had been fully fit, not to mention the disallowed goal and the miss from the penalty spot by Riordan.

Danderhall Hibs got the same 'GTF' text from me, and he asked the question 'hasn't Yogi made all the changes folk were wanting?', and to be fair to Yogi - the things we've bumped our gums about, he's set about fixing.

We needed a good right back, we got Hart. Been injured so it's unfortunate, but in terms of a problem area being fixed, I'll give that one to Yogi.

Left back, we've got Grounds, who was fairly solid today. Again, notch another one up to Yogi.

Keeper - Brown and Stack both improvements on Maka, and Yogi's seen that Smith hasn't been up to it so he's down the pecking order. Another good call from Yogi.

Hogg - dropped and 2 good centre halves brought in, in Stephens and Dickoh. Have to say, I'm with Yogi on that one too.

Midfield, we've got De Graaf and I think the jury is still out on him. Didn't do much right today, but is good at getting into the box, even if his goalscoring touch has deserted him just now.

Miller and McBride are an improvement on what we were watching under Mixu, while Wotherspoon has shown glimpses of promise.

Our achilles heel is up front. With Duffy injured (and Stokes sold) we were reliant on Nish, who just is not dependable at this level.

Overall, today's line up and performance was relatively good, we should have had the game out of sight long before ICT got their penalty.

Agree with what you've said more or less.

Nish isn't the strongest up front, but he does play better with Riordan than he did with Stokes. I think we need to get another striker in the squad by next Saturday if only to provide cover.
Would have Galbraith starting ahead of de Graaf too.

crash
11-09-2010, 07:55 PM

1. The two new guys looked pretty decent nothing special2. We take an early lead and are controlling matters, playing well
3. Fair enough, they had a wee spell after 1/2 time when they hit the bar, but how can you legislate for your top striker and best player missing a pen at 1-0? ICT had more than a wee spell in this game
4. How can you legislate for De Graafs miss ? Anonymous for most of the game, think you will find that he was yogis big summer signing5. How can you legislate for the daft tackle by Thicot (who had done really well since he came on) ? Thicot has form for doing this
6. Galbraith was a good substitution - did well when he came on except that the laddie deserves more than a substitutes appearance, he must be wondering how he cant get a game in that team
We should have won but didn't.........not the manager's fault though, don't know what more he could have done. It is the managers fault though, Riordan and Bamba were Hibs best two players today, neither of them were signed by Hughes.SO FRUSTRATING ! :grr:
Not Yogis Fault? Anybody watching Hibs should be able to see that they are a poorly coached painfully pedestrian side bereft of any imaginative or exciting football and you can only lay the blame for that at one mans door.

SMAXXA
11-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Hi is bluntly, awful. He is lazy and costs us dearly most times he appears. What is worse it doesn't appear to bother him how awfully and patently crap he is.
Imagine playing alongside a sloth like that? It must do in the nuts of the players around him.

Nish - I cannot and will not believe the stick he gets. De Graaf looks like a major mistake by Yogi for whatever reason but I know which one I would pick first.

Grounds terrifies me.
Tackle
Head
or
Cross

But can -
Point

If ever there was a post that p*ssed me offf this is it! What a lot of abasalute garbo! How in the same breath you can defend nish and slate De Graff (All be it yeah De Graff aint doing great the now) however you go on to totally chastise a young guy who has come on loan to us and by what I seen and many others seemed he filled our troubled left back slot pretty well.

De Garff been here a few months, hang him out to dry he is p%sh going on your reconing, Thico who is only a squad player and yeah I think he is sufficient to be a stand in, Nish a guy who has had many a year to prove himself is still Colin Nish, the fact you choose to defend him and slate Grounds (Bet this is the first time you have seen him, yet he concerns you) is beyond me!

What a stupid post IMO of course :grr:

EasterRoad4Ever
11-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Not Yogis Fault? Anybody watching Hibs should be able to see that they are a poorly coached painfully pedestrian side bereft of any imaginative or exciting football and you can only lay the blame for that at one mans door.

:agree:

Hiber-nation
11-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Grounds terrifies me.
Tackle
Head
or
Cross

But can -
Point

One of the most astonishing posts I have ever read on here. I thought he was very good today considering he wasn't match fit - handled the boy Hayes really well, got forward, good in the air, very good passer. What the **** do you actually want from a left back?????

Franck Stanton
11-09-2010, 08:18 PM

1. The two new guys looked pretty decent
2. We take an early lead and are controlling matters, playing well
3. Fair enough, they had a wee spell after 1/2 time when they hit the bar, but how can you legislate for your top striker and best player missing a pen at 1-0?
4. How can you legislate for De Graafs miss ?
5. How can you legislate for the daft tackle by Thicot (who had done really well since he came on) ?
6. Galbraith was a good substitution - did well when he came on

We should have won but didn't.........not the manager's fault though, don't know what more he could have done.

SO FRUSTRATING ! :grr:
How about signing a decent c/forward to partner Deek and punting Nish?

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 08:20 PM

The players were to blame today, not Yogi.

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 08:22 PM
How about signing a decent c/forward to partner Deek and punting Nish?

Erm, like Darryl Duffy ?!?

erskine-hibby
11-09-2010, 08:28 PM

I suppose it is not the managers fault that we are on the worst home run since.....well...ever!

I suppose it is not the managers fault that we are on the worst run in the league since....well...ever!

I suppose it's not the managers fault that he has let all the back up players go out on loan.

I suppose it's not the managers fault that we have only 3 (ish) strikers.

I suppose it's not the managers fault that HE actually picks the team.

I suppose it's not the managers fault that the tactics and substitutions are crap.

He's doing a fine job...and if he's not,well, it's not his fault. :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 08:28 PM
If ever there was a post that p*ssed me offf this is it! What a lot of abasalute garbo! How in the same breath you can defend nish and slate De Graff (All be it yeah De Graff aint doing great the now) however you go on to totally chastise a young guy who has come on loan to us and by what I seen and many others seemed he filled our troubled left back slot pretty well.

De Garff been here a few months, hang him out to dry he is p%sh going on your reconing, Thico who is only a squad player and yeah I think he is sufficient to be a stand in, Nish a guy who has had many a year to prove himself is still Colin Nish, the fact you choose to defend him and slate Grounds (Bet this is the first time you have seen him, yet he concerns you) is beyond me!

What a stupid post IMO of course :grr:

You have got me there.

SMAXXA
11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
One of the most astonishing posts I have ever read on here. I thought he was very good today considering he wasn't match fit - handled the boy Hayes really well, got forward, good in the air, very good passer. What the **** do you actually want from a left back?????

How refreshing to see someone else is on the same page! Honest mate one of the most stupid posts ive ever seen

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 08:34 PM

Grounds terrifies me.
Tackle
Head
or
Cross

But can -
Point

Are you on Drugs ?

Safe to say that you are a cross between Victor Meldrew and Stevie Wonder.

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 08:36 PM

I'd like to see your stats as I think he got found out at every time of asking.
Passed the ball well?
Good in the air?
Why is he not fit given the level he comes from?

I thought he was rank. And if this astonishes you I can't imagine what you make of most of the stufff on here.

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Are you on Drugs ?

Safe to say that you are a cross between Victor Meldrew and Stevie Wonder.

Please explain.

You think that Steven Thicot will do or has ever done a job for Hibs? Is that the Meldrew bit or the Stevie Wonder bit?

You seen enough to think that Grounds is 'highly rated'?

Tell me.

greenlex
11-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Passed the ball well?
Good in the air?

I thought he was rank. And if this astonishes you I can't imagine what you make of most of the stufff on here.

EVERY TIME OF ASKING? Are you serious?
He did pass the ball well but could have crossed it a bit better.
Won enough headers for me.
Struggled early on with the opposition wingers pace but came into it as the game progressed. (this might have been as the winger tired granted)
Its good to see ypu form your expert opinion on the Laddie on the basis of 90 mins.
I can see why other posters are incredulous at your posts and opinions to be honest.

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 08:47 PM
EVERY TIME OF ASKING? Are you serious?
He did pass the ball well but could have crossed it a bit better.
Won enough headers for me.
Struggled early on with the opposition wingers pace but came into it as the game progressed. (this might have been as the winger tired granted)
Its good to see ypu form your expert opinion on the Laddie on the basis of 90 mins.
I can see why other posters are incredulous at your posts and opinions to be honest.

I had the same debate with you about Steven Thicot in more or less the same circumstance and you gave me the same argument.

SMAXXA
11-09-2010, 08:47 PM
You have got me there.

Im glad you have realised how stupid that was mate lol :wink:, its all about opinions mate but all im getting at is the lad Grounds, give the guy a chance, unfamilar surrounigns etc and I thought he did really well.

Normally I agree to an extent with most posts but you blew that out the water when you hammered De Graff, *****ed all over Nish and sent Grounds back to Boro saying your leagues p*sh :greengrin

But what do I know im only in the "Realist camp" :greengrin

greenlex
11-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I had the same debate with you about Steven Thicot in more or less the same circumstance and you gave me the same argument.
Correct whats your point?

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Im glad you have realised how stupid that was mate lol :wink:, its all about opinions mate but all im getting at is the lad Grounds, give the guy a chance, unfamilar surrounigns etc and I thought he did really well.

Normally I agree to an extent with most posts but you blew that out the water when you hammered De Graff, *****ed all over Nish and sent Grounds back to Boro saying your leagues p*sh :greengrin

But what do I know im only in the "Realist camp" :greengrin

Naw yer no.

SMAXXA
11-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Naw yer no.

Care to elaborate ow wisdomas one? Seriously im interested

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Correct whats your point?

My point is I was right then and although I hope not, I think I'm right this time too.

SMAXXA
11-09-2010, 09:03 PM
My point is I was right then and although I hope not, I think I'm right this time too.

Mate your not showering yourself in glory here, especially with that post thats just been removed.

You still have to elaborate on my previous post??

Or is it that you realsise you have talked so much gash your trying to retract slowly? Seriously if you have a decent point to reply with im open to hear it and i will respond to it?

greenlex
11-09-2010, 09:04 PM

Were you? Certainly on his last two appearances it would appear you could be. You were very quiet between then and now though. A poor game and a bad decision doesn't make him a bad player in my book. Inconsistent maybe but someone who has had little game time and being played out of position you might expect that no? Stupid question to put to you I reckon.
I think you are talking pish on Grounds. You seem to think he had a bad game. I really have to ask you if you were at the game and if you were if you were sober.
What did the laddie do that was so bad? Run Stupid?

Ritchie
11-09-2010, 09:06 PM

Grounds terrifies me.
Tackle
Head
or
Cross

But can -
Point

holy moley....

i thought salford hibs was the most deluded poster on here.... well done, you've overtaken him! :bitchy:

Crab apple
11-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Were you? Certainly on his last two appearances it would appear you could be. You were very quiet between then and now though. A poor game and a bad decision doesn't make him a bad player in my book. Inconsistent maybe but someone who has had little game time and being played out of position you might expect that no? Stupid question to put to you I reckon.
I think you are talking pish on Grounds. You seem to think he had a bad game. I really have to ask you if you were at the game and if you were if you were sober.

I didn't think he did bad but i did think he looked a bit off the pace in the first half and didn't offer an out on the left side. In the second half he was much improved and towards the end he was pushign up more, albeit more through the middle. This might well be due to instructions from Yogi as we looked too narrow all over the pitch.
We need a left back and he looks an improvement on what we have had up until now this season (and pre season). Howevere if he turns out okay I'm concerned we only have him for six months and then who fills the slot?

matty_f
11-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I didn't think he did bad but i did think he looked a bit off the pace in the first half and didn't offer an out on the left side. In the second half he was much improved and towards the end he was pushign up more, albeit more through the middle. This might well be due to instructions from Yogi as we looked too narrow all over the pitch.
We need a left back and he looks an improvement on what we have had up until now this season (and pre season). Howevere if he turns out okay I'm concerned we only have him for six months and then who fills the slot?

Callum Booth?

Cracker
11-09-2010, 09:16 PM

Grounds terrifies me.
Tackle
Head
or
Cross

But can -
Point

Bloody Hell you should be scouting for Hughes !amazing how you picked up on that yet Stracken gives him 2year contract and Yoggi takes him on loan.How the hell have they survived in football so long?:wink:

Crab apple
11-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Callum Booth?

Haven't seen much of him but friends talk highly of him. And good pace also apparently. Maybe our equivalent to the ****bos Lee Wallace but not sure if he is a sharp shooter or not :greengrin

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Mate your not showering yourself in glory here, especially with that post thats just been removed.

You still have to elaborate on my previous post??

Or is it that you realsise you have talked so much gash your trying to retract slowly? Seriously if you have a decent point to reply with im open to hear it and i will respond to it?

No idea why my post was removed. Used pretty much the same language as you did. Except using Brian Hamilton's name in vain obviously.
Certainly no retraction.

Don't need to shower myself in glory or anything else and I doubt you or one or two other agreeing with my viewpoint would get me any medals, but seeing as you asked.....
I've watched Hibs long enough now to know a lazy player when I see one.
In Grounds' case my judgement is snap, but he looked to me like he thought he didn't have to try too hard to slot in.
He was wrong.
I thought he looked slow on the uptake, was positionally unsound, failed to make use of good positions he found himself in and lacked a wee bit of bite.
I hope I'm wrong and he works hard at getting better. To me, he didn't look any better than anyone we didn't already have.

Liam Miller - a slob today.
De Graaf - must be toiling for match fitness if 6 games is not enough
Bamba - Complacency could have done us today big time
Hart - Never looked fit to start with today and hasn't since arriving
Thicot - Honestly, couldn't care if I never see him play for us again and that's not something I say lightly.

Now you tell me where I'm wrong without the schoolboy crap about Nish.

Hiber-nation
11-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Passed the ball well?
Good in the air?

I think you might be in a minority of errr...1.

Can't see where you are coming from here at all. You don't seem to be at the wind up so I better leave it to others.

matty_f
11-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Haven't seen much of him but friends talk highly of him. And good pace also apparently. Maybe our equivalent to the ****bos Lee Wallace but not sure if he is a sharp shooter or not :greengrin

Has done exceptionally well while out on loan, and IMHO was the highlight of the U19's side in the double winning season.

Has the potential (IMHO) to be much better than Wallace, and right up there with Murphy if he progresses as he should.

SMAXXA
11-09-2010, 09:26 PM

Its all gona quiet over there lol, hopefully you are sobering up and going to come back with a half decent explanation on all of the above, if not I for one think you have made a bit of a shareen nanjianie of yourself with your posts tonight :greengrin

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 09:32 PM

Have I been quiet? Really? I try my best but there's a world out there.

Were you at St Mirren?
What is Thicot's position and maybe tell me when he has had a good game? Between then, now or any other time.

I was at the game today (I go to most games, not just friendlies like you might have thought before) and sober. I've explained on another reply why I didn't take to Grounds today.
I wanted to and I hope I'm wrong. I really do. And he runs just fine. Just not quickly enough.

I'm certain I'm right about Thicot though.

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Its all gona quiet over there lol, hopefully you are sobering up and going to come back with a half decent explanation on all of the above, if not I for one think you have made a bit of a shareen nanjianie of yourself with your posts tonight :greengrin

Still waiting on your response to #71.
Maybe leave the insults to one side though?
I'm sober enough to read your PM if you like.

Hibby 2005
11-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Getting back to the original thread.

Yogi had Murray, Hogg or Wotherspoon to replace Hart but used Thicot who blew it in the last game.

Yogi brings on Galbraith when he should be consolidating, sad but true. Galbraith should be on either from the start or when we're losing. At 1-0 up and time running out, a defensive midfielder should be on, not a winger.

I'm not even going to start on Wotherspoon being used at LM in order to accomodate De Graaf at RM.

SMAXXA
11-09-2010, 10:27 PM

Listen mate im not in the business of posting insults to you or anyone far from it, I just honestly disagree with the point you made like ive explained in my previous posts. Yeah I agree Steven Thic was very poor against St Midden last week, certainly not the same guy I watched at tynie in the deeko casper derby, when he was if I remember correctly brilliant in a half a*s Hibs team that day. You gota be open to give these guys credit when credits due, still a relativley young guy with limited experience and to be fair aint had a decent run in the team. However saying that, I still dont think currently he is good enough to be a regular, hence my previous post about him being a decent squad player with a bit potentil (Unlike Nish who has done all he is going to do in the game, he aint gona improve much is he?) As for your Grounds comments, thats just silly, he is a young lad also, coming to a new team, debut at home, obviously gona be nervous however from what ive read on here, your the only person to slate the lad and from what I seen totally unfounded pelters????

delthehibee
11-09-2010, 10:52 PM

Thicot made a mass difference when came on what planet you on and for the record why do we boo throughout game to our own support.:bye::hnet:

ScottB
11-09-2010, 11:50 PM
For me the big glaring issue today was having no striker on the bench.

That's simply utterly ridiculous, and I have to ask major questions of Hughes for not doing more to bring someone in and / or the Board if they've been blocking bringing somebody in. Surely even putting a young guy on the bench would have been preferably and given us an option to bring on for Nish later in the game.

In terms of performance, today we suffered simply from not killing the game off. We had ample opportunity to do so but we failed. Of course this also links back to the aforementioned striker issues we have...

hfc1875x
12-09-2010, 02:31 AM

Didn't get to the end of the thread but I disagree, Thicot is a decent player and was having a ok game until the pen. I like the big guy, but not at RB lol.

hfc1875x
12-09-2010, 02:33 AM
For me the big glaring issue today was having no striker on the bench.

That's simply utterly ridiculous, and I have to ask major questions of Hughes for not doing more to bring someone in and / or the Board if they've been blocking bringing somebody in. Surely even putting a young guy on the bench would have been preferably and given us an option to bring on for Nish later in the game.

In terms of performance, today we suffered simply from not killing the game off. We had ample opportunity to do so but we failed. Of course this also links back to the aforementioned striker issues we have...

Was speaking to Scott Lyndsay ? and he said the Lithuanian dude extended his trial and will be signed on Monday. He also d=said if we didn't take 6 points in the next 2 games serious questions will be getting asked with regards to Yogi.

PaulSmith
12-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Was speaking to Scott Lyndsay ? and he said the Lithuanian dude extended his trial and will be signed on Monday. He also d=said if we didn't take 6 points in the next 2 games serious questions will be getting asked with regards to Yogi.

Find it hard to believe that Scott lyndsey would make a public comment about Hughes, is this quoted word for word?

marinello59
12-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Find it hard to believe that Scott lyndsey would make a public comment about Hughes, is this quoted word for word?

Word for word as the poster imagined it.:agree:

Brooster
12-09-2010, 07:06 AM
I'm not gonna comment on HH's comments on Grounds and others but I have to agree with him about Thicot. Nobody was surprised when he conceded the penalty because he has history and is always a yard off the pace, add in the fact that he is hopeless in the air, cant pass, hides from the ball, never shows for a pass and bottles every 50/50 (and 40/60) then you have a player who shouldnt even be in the squad. I hope he never ever plays again. Any of the four subs - Hanlon, Murray, Rankin and Hogg would've been better options at right back for 20 mins than Thicot. Yes the open goal and penalty miss were costly but the introduction of Thicot was also a major factor in our pailure to win.

down-the-slope
12-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Thicot did well today after coming on, but a minute or two before conceding the penalty he dived in so late that he missed man and ball. He should have been told there and then to cool it - might have stopped him needlessly giving away the pen. Agree, though, that it's a bit harsh to blame Hughes.

Twice he did this...and so lead to ICT playing down that side to keep exposing him...and they did.

Agree with OP...I thought we were far more solid and had the best players and formation that was possible on the day (would have been interesting to see if Duffy would have been involved were it not for his injury)

4 of the back 5 were not there or involved prior to this season........all of them looked well above what we have had and will get better. bourgh must have some LB for Grounds to be put out on loan....dare I say he looks better than Murphy....a player who can defend and link up in attack as he did for goal and other times...he has some throw on him...made the 6 yard box second half which seemed to surprise his team mates...we should be looking to exploit this in coming months....MIB CH's look a good potential combination if Bamba can keep his concentration for 90+ minutes.
The system relys on FB's getting forward as both DeGraff and Wotherspoon were being asked to tuck in the middle when ball was down their side...only problem this was causing was being exposed when losing possesion to a quick break down same side...think it is begining to work now we have better passers throughout the team.
We do need another 1 or 2 forward options and Zemamma back to complete the picture

sunshine1875
12-09-2010, 07:32 AM

And is found out every time we come up against a manager of experience. Isn't it funny how other managers are able to change games in their favour by their choice of substitutions, yet it seems to have the reverse effect with Yogi.

Thicot at right-back (or anywhere to be honest) is a joke. The guys is clearly not a footballer. I would rather see some of the young blood come onto the pirch for the last 20 minutes than him.

How often have we seen Yogi bring on an attacking player (i.e. Galbraith) only to weaken the midfield?

All this passing along the back four into the central midfield pairing then back to the centre halfs who launch it up to the tall effective striker is really beginning to annoy me. Yes - it is great to pass and retain possession like Spain, but there is usually always an end result with their passing. Ours is usually a lump forward. What is that all about?

Yes - in Yogi's defence certain players made the wrong decisions on the pitch and he cannot control their every action. But the formation, how they play and choice of substitutes clearly is up to Yogi and he doesn't have it.

--------
12-09-2010, 08:12 AM

And is found out every time we come up against a manager of experience. Isn't it funny how other managers are able to change games in their favour by their choice of substitutions, yet it seems to have the reverse effect with Yogi.

Thicot at right-back (or anywhere to be honest) is a joke. The guys is clearly not a footballer. I would rather see some of the young blood come onto the pirch for the last 20 minutes than him.

How often have we seen Yogi bring on an attacking player (i.e. Galbraith) only to weaken the midfield?

All this passing along the back four into the central midfield pairing then back to the centre halfs who launch it up to the tall effective striker is really beginning to annoy me. Yes - it is great to pass and retain possession like Spain, but there is usually always an end result with their passing. Ours is usually a lump forward. What is that all about?

Yes - in Yogi's defence certain players made the wrong decisions on the pitch and he cannot control their every action. But the formation, how they play and choice of substitutes clearly is up to Yogi and he doesn't have it.

See Arsenal last night? Twenty-six passes leading to a goal. Magical. :agree:

J-C
12-09-2010, 08:23 AM

Only thing I can have a go at Yogi for is not having a better RB reserve than Thicot.

I've had enough off this guy in our team - he may well have done ok when he came on but after the St Mirren game it was completely unsurprising to see him give that penalty away.

Thocot is a central defensive midfielder/CH and was again playing out of position, just like any other pro though if the manager asks him to play a certain role, he'll do it as best as he can, even though he's not totally comfortable there.

J-C
12-09-2010, 08:32 AM

So Riordan missing a penalty and De Graff missing a sitter that'd put us 3 up is Yogi being out thought by an experienced manager, jeez mate have a word with yersel.
Did you forget how well Thicot played at CH along with Murray a couple of seasons ago against the Jambo's, think we won and he played very well, why:confused: cause he was played in his natural position. Remember Bamba being played at RB, 1 sending off and a bomb scare there, play him at CH and a different player altogether, some folk have short memories.

Brooster
12-09-2010, 08:44 AM
So Riordan missing a penalty and De Graff missing a sitter that'd put us 3 up is Yogi being out thought by an experienced manager, jeez mate have a word with yersel.
Did you forget how well Thicot played at CH along with Murray a couple of seasons ago against the Jambo's, think we won and he played very well, why:confused: cause he was played in his natural position. Remember Bamba being played at RB, 1 sending off and a bomb scare there, play him at CH and a different player altogether, some folk have short memories.

Jeez, you have to go back 2 seasons to remember the only time he had a decent game!! I could've played at centre half that day - the hertz attack was non existent. Get him out the door, he is murder.

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 09:15 AM

Sums it up for me, hopefully Yogi will see that with our current options there is a case for giving Galbraith a run. I do think he has been aware of the important issues at full back, Hart is a good player when fit, but for such an important position good cover is vital, Thicot is one in a line of players whose reputation is at risk when he is asked to fill in there as I don't rate him as a full back.

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 09:24 AM

It's definitely got words in it.

BEEJ
12-09-2010, 10:25 AM
I would question the decision to loan out McCann, Byrne, and possibly Booth - all three are at the stage where they should be breaking in to OUR team, not playing for someone else.
:agree: So would I.

I suppose it's not the managers fault that he has let all the back up players go out on loan.

The part in bold tells me that we have a decent team if our first eleven are all fit; but beyond that we have problems with the quality of player available to stand in for them. Unfortunately that's not entirely down to bad luck.

matty_f
12-09-2010, 12:40 PM
:agree: So would I.

The part in bold tells me that we have a decent team if our first eleven are all fit; but beyond that we have problems with the quality of player available to stand in for them. Unfortunately that's not entirely down to bad luck.

Yep, that's true though bad luck has a part to play in it.

sunshine1875
12-09-2010, 03:27 PM
So Riordan missing a penalty and De Graff missing a sitter that'd put us 3 up is Yogi being out thought by an experienced manager, jeez mate have a word with yersel. What is the point of using such language - like I said, in Yogi's defence certain players made the wrong decisions on the pitch (i.e Riordan, De Graff and Thicot) and he cannot control their every action. But the formation, how they play and choice of substitutes clearly is up to Yogi and he doesn't have it. There have been many games when an opposing manager makes a change and Yogi is too late to respond.

Did you forget how well Thicot played at CH along with Murray a couple of seasons ago against the Jambo's (yes that well known attack-minded flair football team), think we won and he played very well, why:confused: cause he was played in his natural position. Remember Bamba being played at RB, 1 sending off and a bomb scare there, play him at CH and a different player altogether, some folk have short memories. And your point is that you play someone in their correct position. Thicot is evidently not a full-back and should not be played there. He is an OK central defender but not a full-back. McCann, if he was still at the club (Yogi decision), Wotherspoon (Yogi decision not to move back to this position) or a young full back from the U19s (Yogi decision not to include on the bench) would all have been better options than Thicot

My response is beside your comments.

Yogi decides on the formation, how they play and choice of substitutes and clearly doesn't have it. Like I said, all this passing along the back four into the central midfield pairing then back to the centre halfs who launch it up to the tall effective striker is really beginning to annoy me. What is that all about?

Ed De Gramo
12-09-2010, 10:25 PM
I blame the East. Where were they today?

The East died and its replacement, as elegant as it looks, isn't quite up to the challenge of bringing back the atmosphere :boo hoo:

J-C
13-09-2010, 12:25 AM
My response is beside your comments.

Yogi decides on the formation, how they play and choice of substitutes and clearly doesn't have it. Like I said, all this passing along the back four into the central midfield pairing then back to the centre halfs who launch it up to the tall effective striker is really beginning to annoy me. What is that all about?

So " Jeez mate have a word with yersel " is bad language, sorry did I miss something there.

Our only other natural RB has been hampered by serious injury for the past 2 years and Yogi felt it necessary to loan him out for much needed game time, seeing as there isn't a reserve league any more, he obviously thinks Thicot can play in several positions like Murray, obviously he can't but don't try and pit the blame on Thicot, it's like asking Riordan to play the strong tackling defensive midfield role.

sunshine1875
13-09-2010, 06:13 AM
So " Jeez mate have a word with yersel " is bad language, sorry did I miss something there.

Our only other natural RB has been hampered by serious injury for the past 2 years and Yogi felt it necessary to loan him out for much needed game time, seeing as there isn't a reserve league any more, he obviously thinks Thicot can play in several positions like Murray, obviously he can't but don't try and pit the blame on Thicot, it's like asking Riordan to play the strong tackling defensive midfield role.

Did I say it was bad language? I said "what is the point of using such language".

Hibs.net is a place that if someone disagrees with your point of view you get aggressive responses that range from your " Jeez mate have a word with yersel " to......well, I won't bother mentioning them.

If I was in a meeting or in a pub having a friendly discussion and I disagreed with your point of view, would you expect me to say " Jeez mate have a word with yersel ". I am sorry if my point of view offends you.

marinello59
13-09-2010, 08:47 AM
The East died and its replacement, as elegant as it looks, isn't quite up to the challenge of bringing back the atmosphere :boo hoo:

There was enough noise coming out of there during the Rangers match. Maybe the Eaststanders only turn it on during the big games in the hope of being snapped up to support one of the Old Firm.:greengrin

J-C
13-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Did I say it was bad language? I said "what is the point of using such language".

Hibs.net is a place that if someone disagrees with your point of view you get aggressive responses that range from your " Jeez mate have a word with yersel " to......well, I won't bother mentioning them.

If I was in a meeting or in a pub having a friendly discussion and I disagreed with your point of view, would you expect me to say " Jeez mate have a word with yersel ". I am sorry if my point of view offends you.

Yes I would say that to your face, it's called discussion and I like you have every right to express my opinions, even if they are different from yours, that's what makes the world go round.

You said in your post that everytime Yogi comes up against an experienced manager he gets found out but on saturday the formation was pretty much spot on and the game was in total control. He can't legislate for a missed penalty, a sitter being missed and a player having a rush of blood to the head, unfortunately once we get past the first 12-13 players we are still short of real decent players sitting on the bench and therein lies our problems.

I've read people saying Hogg should've came on instead of Thicot but I remember how Hogg has been found out everytime he's played there, Murray was another option but he seems to have lost a good yard+ of pace and is struggling to get back in the team. McCann is the obvious choice but he's been put on loan to get much needed playing time, oh how we now miss the reserve league.

So to summerise, Yogi got it pretty much spot on, the team played no too bad, things happen on the park outwith his control and we still lack depth in our squad to cover for ijuries and suspensions.

Speedway
13-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Petrie?

ahibby
13-09-2010, 02:59 PM
In response to the OP, I have to say Yogi wasn't to blame for the missed opportunities or the mistakes we made in defence/midfield which gave them opportunities. However, he is responsible for the type of football played which might have contributed to the loss of the goal and not making and taking better opportunities. Having said that I don't think we have anyone other than Riordan who can create and take a very good chance (penalties excepted) and make something happen out of nothing. I live in hope that Danny Galbraith is going to turn into a wonderful creator, fingers firmly crossed.

Dashing Bob S
14-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Disagree completely! On the contrary, it's ALL Yogi's fault. If he spoke in enunciated tones of Morningside like a proper Edinburgh gentleman, in preference to those coarse dockside grunts, we simply wouldn't be in the state we are now. If we MUST hire a local chap, let have a decent merchant school education, rather than one who was schooled in 'chibbing radges' on the mean streets of the port.

And if we have to employ a former painter, let his work be on a par with the restoration of the Sistine Chapel roof, rather than running to a couple of coats of watered-down emulsion on the walls of some tasteless Barratt development.

It's all about standards. I'm convinced Malcolm Rifkind could still do a job at ER.

Phil D. Rolls
14-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Disagree completely! On the contrary, it's ALL Yogi's fault. If he spoke in enunciated tones of Morningside like a proper Edinburgh gentleman, in preference to those coarse dockside grunts, we simply wouldn't be in the state we are now. If we MUST hire a local chap, let have a decent merchant school education, rather than one who was schooled in 'chibbing radges' on the mean streets of the port.

And if we have to employ a former painter, let his work be on a par with the restoration of the Sistine Chapel roof, rather than running to a couple of coats of watered-down emulsion on the walls of some tasteless Barratt development.

It's all about standards. I'm convinced Malcolm Rifkind could still do a job at ER.

:agree: I once knew a man who could speak six langauages and couldn't utter a word of sense in any of them. I don't know if that makes him better or worse than Yogi.

TrickyNicky
14-09-2010, 11:17 AM
:agree: I once knew a man who could speak six langauages and couldn't utter a word of sense in any of them. I don't know if that makes him better or worse than Yogi.

Uncanny... I once knew a man from Nantucket, who went to the bookies for a punt.

Well, I'm sure you all know him!

Bostonhibby
14-09-2010, 03:09 PM

One does agree DBS, ideally we would have our own Lord.