PDA

View Full Version : De Graaf

HIBERNIAN 1875
11-09-2010, 04:37 PM
The guy is garbage. Took me 30 minutes to realise he was even on the pitch :grr:

SneakersO'Toole
11-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Not his best game. But Miller was just as bad.

Although De Graff's miss was truly shocking.

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2010, 04:40 PM
The guy is garbage. Took me 30 minutes to realise he was even on the pitch :grr:

He's not done enough to impress me so far. We looked a far better team with Galbraith on the pitch. Just a shame we had that muppet Thicot on as well. 3 points that clown has cost us in the last 2 games :grr:

HIBERNIAN 1875

Haven't seen him have one good game yet...

Hibs Class

:agree: Two home SPL matches, twoopen goals missed, each of which could have made a big difference to the result.

Beefster
11-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I thought the fans booing him were worse.

Devine
11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
I gave him a chance as I thought his touch and sluggishness was due to lack of fitness.

Hes had 6 games now and hes still not found a first touch, sharpness or any of this box to box type fitness we were told he had. Garbage!

Matty_Jack04
11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
so lets boo him and heckle him untill he comes good! :yawn:

christiano ronaldo was tom kite his first year for man yoo just aswell you lot dinnae support them.....

Phil D. Rolls
11-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Wage thief - well played Yogi, you sucker.

sauzee
11-09-2010, 04:47 PM

have seen enough of him in the the games so far to say he is of very poor standard and it is these type of imports that are stunting the growth of young scottish players from breaking into the first team,hence the reason our national team struggles so badly

CraigK
11-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I thought the fans booing him were worse.

Exactly.

MussyHibby
Looks cumbersome, he's all wavy arms, haven't seen anything that suggests he's good enough for Hibs.........yet! Does do some fine runs mind, so jury still out, still too early.

Skanko79
He is totally gash. Yogi's keen eye for a cracking player trully in full effect here. I've no doubt Hughes will persist in playing him untill he has one good game then say he told us so.

sauzee
11-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I gave him a chance as I thought his touch and sluggishness was due to lack of fitness.

Hes had 6 games now and hes still not found a first touch, sharpness or any of this box to box type fitness we were told he had. Garbage!

100% you either have a first touch or you don't,you can't teach a player to have a first touch, fact.

Devine
11-09-2010, 04:55 PM
so lets boo him and heckle him untill he comes good! :yawn:

christiano ronaldo was tom kite his first year for man yoo just aswell you lot dinnae support them.....

No I dont agree with booing him. I did however, give Yogi a bit of stick for leaving him on that long.

Ronaldo was a youngster this guy is 30 so lets not use stupid arguments!

GloryGlory
11-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Looks cumbersome, he's all wavy arms, haven't seen anything that suggests he's good enough for Hibs.........yet! Does do some fine runs mind, so jury still out, still too early.

Sort of agree with this - he does make runs from midfield and gets ahead of the strikers, which is what you expect "goal-scoring, box-to-box" midfielders to do. Haven't seen any evidence of great technical ability, a bit surprising for a guy that had 10 seasons in Holland's top league, TBH.

However, his reactions to situations seem quite slow (gets dispossessed very easily) - maybe needs some time to settle into the frenetic pace of SPL football. We're only 4 games in, I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. However, he really needs a performance soon - and hopefully a goal or two to restore his confidence.

Disco Dave
11-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Wage thief - well played Yogi, you sucker.

Get a grip, your constant posting of drivel is really starting to grate on me.

Andy74
11-09-2010, 04:58 PM
It's a very different game he is having to get used to. I reckon he'll be fine. As for the miss. Riordan missed from 12 yards. He's unlucky he's had two misses now though!

For me we are getting there. Nish next but we are getting the right sorts in. De graaf included.

The_Todd
11-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I didn't notice him until the start of the second half when he was getting ready for kickoff. I was genuinly suprised he was on the pitch and thought he had come on as a sub.

sauzee
11-09-2010, 04:59 PM
to try and get a player at 30 to change his style of play,from the dutch league to the spl,is like trying to stop an old greyhound running in circles.

CallumLaidlaw
11-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Thought he made a couple of cracking through balls in the first half, and does have good vision. He has played in the same league for his whole career so have no doubt he is still adapting. Don't remember anyone criticising his finishing in the Maribor game.
And he hardly missed a sitter against rangers! Bougherra made an excellent challenge.
But hey, with no rankin or Hogg in the team we need to find new boo boys eh!!!
We hardly have a huge squad. Let's get behind what we have and spur these guys on!!!

Cropley10
11-09-2010, 05:16 PM
He seems to like up a position which involves an opposition player being between him and the ball.

If he does receive a pass - he tends to then either lose possession immediately OR he passes it straight back to the same player. In many ways he's like Brian Kerr.

I can't believe this is the standard of player we've sunk to frankly...

Gala Foxes
11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
2nd half, a Caley player, smaller build than De Graaf, brushed him aside like he wasn't there.

Not good enough on showing so far

lucky
11-09-2010, 05:21 PM
De Gash is not up to standards. Two of my mates both thought he came on as a sub at HT.

EasterRoad4Ever
11-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Too slow and technically worse than most of the other poor ineffective midfielders we have at the club. You can't blame the player for that, as "someone" at the club clearly thought he was good enough for Hibs.

sahib
11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
De Gash is not up to standards. Two of my mates both thought he came on as a sub at HT.

We are expected to accept the verdict of a lot of unobservant people who don't even know who is on the pitch.:bitchy: He may not be same class as the top dutch players to come to these shores in the past but I think we lost control of the game when he went off.

snooky
11-09-2010, 05:37 PM
have seen enough of him in the the games so far to say he is of very poor standard and it is these type of imports that are stunting the growth of young scottish players from breaking into the first team,hence the reason our national team struggles so badly

You're right on the button. :agree:

hibee62
11-09-2010, 05:41 PM
It's a very different game he is having to get used to. I reckon he'll be fine. As for the miss. Riordan missed from 12 yards. He's unlucky he's had two misses now though!

For me we are getting there. Nish next but we are getting the right sorts in. De graaf included.

Played very well against Maribor, for me it just seems to be the style of play... There is hope with him!

DBHibs
11-09-2010, 05:45 PM
I've been really disappointed with De Graaf so far.

The team looked much better when Galbraith came on and I can't understand why he doesn't get a start rather than Yogi continually picking De Graaf.

If he's been strong enough to drop the underperforming trio of Hogg, Murray and Hanlon then why can he not see what everyone else seems to and drop De Graaf too??:confused:

lucky
11-09-2010, 05:50 PM
We are expected to accept the verdict of a lot of unobservant people who don't even know who is on the pitch.:bitchy: He may not be same class as the top dutch players to come to these shores in the past but I think we lost control of the game when he went off.

I dont think we were ever in control of the game. He is too slow for the SPL and want more time on the ball than he is ever going to get. He is not in the same class as most SPL players. He is just not good enough. I think the point people beliveing he was a sub was them being sacarstic. De Gash is actually worse than Nish.

Phil D. Rolls
11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Get a grip, your constant posting of drivel is really starting to grate on me.

Oh well, we can't have that. Why do you disagree, or am I just supposed to change my mind because you say so?

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-09-2010, 06:15 PM

TBH I can't remember having control of the game at all during the 90 minutes. De Graf was sold to the fans as the type of box to box midfielder that we were missing. IMO we are still missing that cos so far he has not been that type of player. Also, I am not sure that I have seen enough to say that he is just mis-firing or just needs to get up to speed. Today wasn't all down to him though.

TornadoHibby
11-09-2010, 06:22 PM

I agree with you in the main but believe that he will come good for Hibs as he gets used to the way SPL teams play which is different from what he will have been used to in Holland! :agree:

The two sitters he has missed were actually one, i.e. today's as Boughera brought off a fantastic block on the "chance" he had in the Huns game IMO! :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
11-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Played very well against Maribor, for me it just seems to be the style of play... There is hope with him!

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with that.

Yes he scored 2 gaals against Maribor (the first was a deflection and the second was a decent volley), but in that game he looked slow and his touch was very poor (often his 2nd touch was a tackle!)

His 2 goals papered over the cracks. He looks slightly better now than he did against Maribor, but still looks average at best IMHO.

Seanair
11-09-2010, 06:29 PM
He seems to like up a position which involves an opposition player being between him and the ball.

If he does receive a pass - he tends to then either lose possession immediately OR he passes it straight back to the same player. In many ways he's like Brian Kerr.

I can't believe this is the standard of player we've sunk to frankly...

De Graaf IS the new Brian Kerr, John Rankin, Joe Keenan, Patrick Cregg (pick your own over-rated players).

Losing possession (falling over the ball) halfway between the centre circle and our penalty area in the second half was the final straw for me, and I hope Mr. Hughes.

bingo70
11-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm going to go against the grain here, i think he'll come good, i know it's not much consolation but he's getting into the right areas to score goals, with a bit of confidence he could have scored in the last 3 games and i didn't see the motherwell game as was flying at the time.

I can't remember the last midfielder that regularly got into positions like that, possibly pat mcginlay? there's no question he's got the ability to put the ball in an empty net from six yards out, things just aren't going his way just now.

Although TBF i wouldn't blame him if he just jacked it in right now due to the twats in the crowd booing him, if i was him i'd be wondering what sort of club i'd just joined when thats the sort of stick new signings get, unbelievable stuff.

Phil D. Rolls
11-09-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm going to go against the grain here, i think he'll come good, i know it's not much consolation but he's getting into the right areas to score goals, with a bit of confidence he could have scored in the last 3 games and i didn't see the motherwell game as was flying at the time.

I can't remember the last midfielder that regularly got into positions like that, possibly pat mcginlay? there's no question he's got the ability to put the ball in an empty net from six yards out, things just aren't going his way just now.

Although TBF i wouldn't blame him if he just jacked it in right now due to the twats in the crowd booing him, if i was him i'd be wondering what sort of club i'd just joined when thats the sort of stick new signings get, unbelievable stuff.

I think he could come good. I just question whether his heart is in it, and what motivation he has at this stage in his career to bust a gut.

TowerHibs
11-09-2010, 06:48 PM

best post in a stupid thread

Wenger says at Arsenal, he doesn't judge a new foreign player within the first 6 months, let them settle in etc

a few daft idiots on here seem to think after 4 games the guy is crap. give the guy a chance, if he's still crap then slaughter him. Can't remeber anyone since we got rid of Shiels who breaks beyond the midfield to get on the end of chances.

Never hear Rankin should have score, McBride, Cregg, Miller - think the whole team are playing flat just now. Desperately need a few wins with good performances

pacorosssco
11-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I think he could come good. I just question whether his heart is in it, and what motivation he has at this stage in his career to bust a gut.

I had the privilege of meeting Ed de Graaf the week before last on a flight back to Holland and spent an hour in his company. I can say his heart is most definatley in it and he was very interested to hear about all things Hibs . He was aware himself that he had strugled with form since he arrived and was carrying a slight injury.

A thoroughly nice geezer who was looking forward to his family coming to live in Edinburgh and doing the best he could for Hibernian. He was gutted he didnt take his chance against Rangers and was disappointed at his and the teams start to the season.

It will take him time to settle in team and should be given more of a chance than he has before being written off. Booing him will not give him confidence

Iggy Pope
11-09-2010, 07:36 PM
I had the privilege of meeting Ed de Graaf the week before last on a flight back to Holland and spent an hour in his company. I can say his heart is most definatley in it and he was very interested to hear about all things Hibs . He was aware himself that he had strugled with form since he arrived and was carrying a slight injury.

A thoroughly nice geezer who was looking forward to his family coming to live in Edinburgh and doing the best he could for Hibernian. He was gutted he didnt take his chance against Rangers and was disappointed at his and the teams start to the season.

It will take him time to settle in team and should be given more of a chance than he has before being written off. Booing him will not give him confidence

I'm gutted he never tapped the ball in against the huns from half a yard or less as well.
He will be twice as disappointed tonight after his miss today then and why to christ are his family not already here?
He signed months ago.
Bollox to hiim being a nice guy - time he won a tackle like we were told he would. Box to box my erse.

greenlex
11-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Poor mans Rankin. :rolleyes:

Ritchie
11-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Give him time.... He'll come good. :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
11-09-2010, 07:47 PM

:agree: Agreed. PLEASE read my post earlier in this thread. There is something about De Graaf that makes me think he is gonna be good for us. There is no denying his history.

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Welcome to Edinburgh, Eddie baby! You're now officially in an exclusive club that includes Hogg, Rankin, Nish and Thicot.

DH1875
11-09-2010, 08:08 PM

He didn't miss another one did he? Wasn't at the game the day so never saw it. Was it worse than his miss against the huns?

EasterRoad4Ever
11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I've been really disappointed with De Graaf so far.

The team looked much better when Galbraith came on and I can't understand why he doesn't get a start rather than Yogi continually picking De Graaf.

If he's been strong enough to drop the underperforming trio of Hogg, Murray and Hanlon then why can he not see what everyone else seems to and drop De Graaf too??:confused:

Cause he didn't buy them. Hughes is blameless in all of this, don't you know.

JimBHibees
11-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Think he is struggling but the guy is trying to adapt to a different style of football in a new country. Dont think he is suited to a wide right position, pity about his miss but these things happen. Needs time and patience not fans getting on his case.

Ferryhibby
11-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Funny thing about this guy and a lot of foreigners that come over here thinking that the scottish game is that bad that they will b able to stroll around and just turn up. Reality being that especially degraff has now got to rethink his ideas on our game and start getting up to speed, sadly for him i think even after 4 games and 2 of the worst misses ive seen at ER, it might b too late

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Perhaps a little unfortunate that the two sitters fallen his way have then gone on to be huge misses in the context of the games.

If the Huns game had ended 0-0 and ICT hadn't scored today, not so much would have been made about his misses. But they are HUGE moments in both games. Gven that he scored both goals at home to Maribor I for one was hoping to see him getting into double figures this season. Plenty of time for him to improve, but the the jury's certainly out here.

fat freddy
11-09-2010, 11:33 PM
theres something about his running style that reminds me of gazza...i wish he played like him but give the guy some time, i remember michael o'neil being slaughtered after half a dozen games but he went on to do well for the team

Hibby 2005
11-09-2010, 11:37 PM
I think he's just adjusting to coming from a good footballling country!

Bookkeeper
11-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Give the man a chance! The kneejerk reactions on this forum are starting to get ridiculous. He's no' the first player thats has a bad miss and he'll no be the last, so hows about givin' him some support instead of writin' him off so quick! :grr:

Captain Trips
11-09-2010, 11:58 PM
There is no way I will judge a player so soon, not been great but also there has been worse. I have already stated my concerns over Hibs are all the new players on short deals among the other players who's contracts are up soon.

No continuity in this team and no real way you can look forward, all short termers have to hit ground runing for there to even be a point. I am concerened about the deals we have done of late, I hope and think De Graaf will come good.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
12-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Though he was bad today - really bad. But give the guy a break. I think he will be a player, but looks nervous and on edge at the moment. Our support do not help when they get on his back for everything (when Miller should have jumped in for a 50/50 they still blames him).

1875godsgift
12-09-2010, 01:56 AM
De Graaf IS the new Brian Kerr, John Rankin, Joe Keenan, Patrick Cregg (pick your own over-rated players).

Losing possession (falling over the ball) halfway between the centre circle and our penalty area in the second half was the final straw for me, and I hope Mr. Hughes.
Maybe it's just me, but I'm always suspicious of the " Mr."
" We'll touch our forelocks to our caps for you, Mr Romanov."
Bending over backwards as every yam knows how!
Yoga masters as they are.

1875godsgift
12-09-2010, 02:06 AM
Perhaps a little unfortunate that the two sitters fallen his way have then gone on to be huge misses in the context of the games.

If the Huns game had ended 0-0 and ICT hadn't scored today, not so much would have been made about his misses. But they are HUGE moments in both games. Gven that he scored both goals at home to Maribor I for one was hoping to see him getting into double figures this season. Plenty of time for him to improve, but the the jury's certainly out here.
Exactly! I think he'll come good, I reckon we'll get 8 - 10 goals out him this season, but he needs to be played in a central midfield position. He's not a winger, or a right midfielder, he's just straight up n down the middle and I think can look comfortable attacking and defending.
Give the boy a chance for bux sake!

hfc1875x
12-09-2010, 02:21 AM
De Graff was utter garbage today and TBH I did half heartedly boo him when he went off out of sheer frustration . The gentleman sitting next to me made remark about booing a Hibs player and fair play I was out of order.

hfc1875x
12-09-2010, 02:42 AM
How the f... has Hanlon underperformed? The worst thing about going to ER these days is having to listen to all the "fantasy footballers" moaning about how we're sh... because they're used to watching Barca or Arsenal on TV. Or the old gets telling you what O'Rourke would have done if he'd got the ball that Nish did. (not nocking J.O. but if he played for us now a bigger club would buy him).
Hanlon is still learning his trade as is Wotherspoon, destroying their confidence does Hibs no good at all.:bye:

I thought we were talking about De Graff lol. While we are here did you see any 1v1 today were a hibs player tried to skin someone ? I was in the EAST TODAY AND THE SPACE hART HAD WAS FRIGHTENING , WHY THE **** was he not utilising it ? Bomb on son get up the pitch obv Yogi wants him to play the possession game but what's the point of having a big shiny new wide pitch if we aint using it.

Alfred E Newman
12-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Exactly! I think he'll come good, I reckon we'll get 8 - 10 goals out him this season, but he needs to be played in a central midfield position. He's not a winger, or a right midfielder, he's just straight up n down the middle and I think can look comfortable attacking and defending.
Give the boy a chance for bux sake!

I think you have had too much to drink last night. This guy is a carthorse and I seriously wonder if Yogi actually watched him play before signing him.

SHOTTS SHAMROCK
12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
I think Yogi brought him in to win balls but he is too slow & clumsy i am hoping it's a fitness issue & he will improve as he plays more matches but not convinced i thought Galbraith made a difference when he came on he played at a better tempo challenging & running at the ICT defence should have be on from the start.

degenerated
12-09-2010, 07:59 AM
I think you have had too much to drink last night. This guy is a carthorse and I seriously wonder if Yogi actually watched him play before signing him.

are we beyond giving people a chance to settle in and adapt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFRcrjspwi0

also, given that he has already scored 2 and is our top scorer so far it's fairly likely he will score between 8 - 10 this season.

Andy74
12-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Yep he's getting in the right areas and he's just had two bits of bad luck. I think the rangers miss contributed to the one yesterday. He was over keen to take it early.

Jack
12-09-2010, 09:10 AM
I think its always been accepted that its frustrating being a Hibs supporter. In this cyber world its becoming more frustrating being a Hibs supporter among all this half witted negatively.
As has already been said there are many great players for Hibs and other clubs who took a while to settle in.
As for booing our own players maybe those in the antisupport could get tickets for the South next week.

Ernie Cobra
12-09-2010, 09:19 AM
No I dont agree with booing him. I did however, give Yogi a bit of stick for leaving him on that long.

Ronaldo was a youngster this guy is 30 so lets not use stupid arguments!

:top marks

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 09:34 AM
best post in a stupid thread

Wenger says at Arsenal, he doesn't judge a new foreign player within the first 6 months, let them settle in etc

a few daft idiots on here seem to think after 4 games the guy is crap. give the guy a chance, if he's still crap then slaughter him. Can't remeber anyone since we got rid of Shiels who breaks beyond the midfield to get on the end of chances.

Never hear Rankin should have score, McBride, Cregg, Miller - think the whole team are playing flat just now. Desperately need a few wins with good performances

:top marks

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 09:39 AM

also, given that he has already scored 2 and is our top scorer so far it's fairly likely he will score between 8 - 10 this season.

Watched it, not Hibs class, lets keep booing him, its the only answer and bound to help :crazy::wink:

Phil D. Rolls
12-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I'm always suspicious of the " Mr."
" We'll touch our forelocks to our caps for you, Mr Romanov."
Bending over backwards as every yam knows how!
Yoga masters as they are.

It's a matter of time till we start getting open letters on here. :agree:

tamig
12-09-2010, 11:57 AM

Think it's yet another example of Hughes playing a player out of position. From what I've read, he's a central midfield player and until we see him in his true position, I don't think we should be too harsh on him. He does get into good positions and I'm hoping he'll come good - soon.

The_Horde
12-09-2010, 01:19 PM

:agree:

Eddie is suffering because people are raging with Hughes.

I saw enough in the Maribor game to suggest we have a player on our hands. His timing just looks a bit off at the moment allied a little bit with Yogi's slowwww tactics.

He looks like a direct player who likes to run into space, play quick 1-2's so quite why Yogi has him playing so deep at times i don't know.

For me he was thinking about the Hun miss and perhaps panicked and tried to take it too early.

Is patience too hard to ask from the hibs fans? Who by the way were silent again. :yawn: Maybe if we were to get behind the team a bit more the players won't feel as nervous and chances like Eddie's will be put away?

Spike Mandela
12-09-2010, 03:23 PM

I want the player in the video.

Alfred E Newman
12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I want the player in the video.

I am sure some smart agent could make a cracking compilation of Colin Nish goals.

murraymckirdy
12-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Is is just me or is De Graaf a waste of money?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

PaulSmith
12-09-2010, 06:33 PM

Ask yourself the same question after 20 odd games.

Beefster
12-09-2010, 06:35 PM

He's our top scorer. What does that make the rest of them?

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Too early for me to say and I have seen a few, what's your logic?:wink:

murraymckirdy
12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
:agree: Two home SPL matches, twoopen goals missed, each of which could have made a big difference to the result.

Could not have said it better myself:top marks

CallumLaidlaw
12-09-2010, 06:48 PM
theres already one thread slagging him that you've posted on. Not sure the need to start another :confused:

The_Todd
12-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Rankin will be delighted. The Boo Boys have found a new target.

oldbutdim
12-09-2010, 06:50 PM
So far he has been pretty abysmal. But apparently thinking that puts me in the "bandwagon jumping" category.
Granted that's after only a few games, so hopefully in the long term I'll be wrong. I was wrong about yon Soapie fella Larson who I adjudged "a waste of money ha ha" after his first game.
However, I can only comment on the present - and De Graff presently is gash.
As for the future? Well, I don't make forecasts. Never have and never will.

LeithBoozy
12-09-2010, 07:03 PM
He will be fine once he gets the winner against Hearts. :greengrin

marinello59
12-09-2010, 07:05 PM
He was one of our better players against Rangers. But let's just add him to the not good enough for Hibs list.:bitchy:

HibbyAndy
12-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Im defo not gonna slag the guy after 4 games...BUT The reputation he came with made me very excited, Box to box player with European experience. To say im underwhelmed is a mega understatement.

marinello59
12-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Im defo not gonna slag the guy after 4 games...BUT The reputation he came with made me very excited, Box to box player with European experience. To say im underwhelmed is a mega understatement.

Imagine how he feels. Yogi probably never mentioned that the SPl is a league where technique and style comes second, third, fourth or fifth to huff 'n puff. He really should study the ''get the ball forwards FFS'' manual that the fans all spout at the team. I would guess that he has some sort of inkling now just why Scotland is a footballing backwater.

Jonnyboy
12-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Having just watched the BBC highlights it was interesting to see how many good things De Graaf and Nish did during the game but hey lets ignore the evidence and slag them both off. It's the Hibs way after all :rolleyes:

skipster7
12-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Having just watched the BBC highlights it was interesting to see how many good things De Graaf and Nish did during the game but hey lets ignore the evidence and slag them both off. It's the Hibs way after all :rolleyes:
just said the same on the sportscene thread, madness i tell you:bitchy:

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2010, 09:32 PM
De Graff so far has been a major disappointment, however I would never boo a player coz I just cant see that sort of treatment being of any help to him or the team.

However having said that I dont go along with the he is adjusting to the SPL theory. Anybody you ask cant wait to tell you how poor the standard of our game is so to my mind a guy with his background should be a stand out and be able to stroll through a game even at this relatively early stage.

I dont include his misses against Rankgers or ICT in this, any player can make a balls up from a few yards I just base this on the growing number of times I have seen the guy play live and make no impact whatsoever.

hibbiedon
12-09-2010, 10:03 PM

sad but true,

Dr Jimmy
13-09-2010, 07:57 AM
De Graff so far has been a major disappointment, however I would never boo a player coz I just cant see that sort of treatment being of any help to him or the team.

However having said that I dont go along with the he is adjusting to the SPL theory. Anybody you ask cant wait to tell you how poor the standard of our game is so to my mind a guy with his background should be a stand out and be able to stroll through a game even at this relatively early stage.

I dont include his misses against Rankgers or ICT in this, any player can make a balls up from a few yards I just base this on the growing number of times I have seen the guy play live and make no impact whatsoever.

I couldn't agree more and that is why he has been so disappointing for me. If he has the technical ability we were led to believe, and to be fair having looked at some of his youtube performances it looks like he does, he should be strolling through games and the cloggers he comes up against should not effect him.

Phil MaGlass
13-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Gie the guy time FFS, he has played Dutch fitba, there he had technique and a bit of skill, in Scotland he has to come down to our level of second touch is a tackle fitba and hoofing it up the park, it takes time to learn that, its difficult for foreign players to adapt to and settle. Im sure once he has mastered the art of giving out dead legs, climbing all over attackers backs, standing on feet behind the refs back and wellying the baw oot the park you will appreciate him more. :greengrin.

Oh aye and it might help not to play him in the position he is supposed to play in, mind you that goes for almost the whole team eh?

flash
13-09-2010, 09:20 AM
I couldn't agree more and that is why he has been so disappointing for me. If he has the technical ability we were led to believe, and to be fair having looked at some of his youtube performances it looks like he does, he should be strolling through games and the cloggers he comes up against should not effect him.

I couldn't agree less. Every manager ever quoted on the subject says it takes a while to adjust to the pace of our fitba poor as it may be.

There is no doubt he should have scored on Saturday regardless of that but it's one thing to get upset at a player in the heat of the moment but to come home calm down and still single him out for stick says more about the class of poster we have than De Graaf's ability.

Hibernia Na Eir
13-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Like Yogi, can the board not give this guy until xams then bin him? useless huddy

Dr Jimmy
13-09-2010, 09:45 AM
I couldn't agree less. Every manager ever quoted on the subject says it takes a while to adjust to the pace of our fitba poor as it may be.

There is no doubt he should have scored on Saturday regardless of that but it's one thing to get upset at a player in the heat of the moment but to come home calm down and still single him out for stick says more about the class of poster we have than De Graaf's ability.

Where have I given him stick??????
If you read my post I said he has been disappointing and the player himself would probably agree he has not had the start he hoped for. He came to us with a decent pedigree and after 8 games he has not exactly set the heather alight. I accept he may need time to settle in, but with his experience and undoubted ability he should have done so by now. I also don't buy this crap about time to settle in our league, if he is a good player he should be able to play in the SPL from the off, cos lets face it, it's a very poor league with poor players!
As for your comment about class, you need to get a grip and stick to the content of the thread instead of taking cheap shots..........!

Cropley10
13-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Like Yogi, can the board not give this guy until xams then bin him? useless huddy

Unlikely - he has a legally binding contract.

flash
13-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Where have I given him stick??????
If you read my post I said he has been disappointing and the player himself would probably agree he has not had the start he hoped for. He came to us with a decent pedigree and after 8 games he has not exactly set the heather alight. I accept he may need time to settle in, but with his experience and undoubted ability he should have done so by now. I also don't buy this crap about time to settle in our league, if he is a good player he should be able to play in the SPL from the off, cos lets face it, it's a very poor league with poor players!
As for your comment about class, you need to get a grip and stick to the content of the thread instead of taking cheap shots..........!

You couldn't agree more that he shouldn't need time to adjust to our game. I 100% disagree hence my post.

As for the class of poster that was more directed at others who change his name in a completely unsuccessful attempt at humour like they do with Nish too.

This forum is a horrible place these days.

Dr Jimmy
13-09-2010, 10:24 AM
You couldn't agree more that he shouldn't need time to adjust to our game. I 100% disagree hence my post.

As for the class of poster that was more directed at others who change his name in a completely unsuccessful attempt at humour like they do with Nish too.

This forum is a horrible place these days.

:bye:

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2010, 10:27 AM

:rolleyes:

bawheid
13-09-2010, 10:34 AM

Fabulous response. Game set and match Max.

PaulSmith
13-09-2010, 10:37 AM
If De Graaf keeps getting into the positions that he has founds himself in against Rangers and ICT then he'll score between 10 and 15 goals this season. We've been crying out for a midfielder for the last 10 years that gets into the box, beyond the strikers and into a position to score. It'll come.

The_Horde
13-09-2010, 10:50 AM
The person who brought up the Stokes point - (He was pish for his first 6 games) is spot on. And Stokes didn't score a double against GOOD european opposition either.

EDDDIEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATEEEEEEELYYY!

Dr Jimmy
13-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Fabulous response. Game set and match Max.

It was in response to the "This forum is a horrible place these days" comment and after the class comment earlier....defence over.
Sorry if it upset all the sensitive little wall flowers. :boo hoo:

flash
13-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Not half as much as the vitriol on here would hack me off if i was one of the targets.

MSK
13-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Not half as much as the vitriol on here would hack me off if i was one of the targets.Flash, it probably happens on every forum of every club the length of the country, it aint a new thing, however on here it is becoming all the more predictable. If it aint Hogg its Nish ..if it aint Nish its one o the keepers ..if it aint one of the keepers its yogi ..if it aint yogi its the board ..if it aint the board its the fans ...if it aint the fans its hibs.net ..if it aint hibs.net its ...

Yip ..just waiting on one o the new lads making a **** up then the keyboard drama Queen's will be tapping away frantically to get their point's over ..

Maybe ..just maybe.. one day we may see the apathy easing off on these forums ..

And pigs can fly ...

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2010, 11:30 AM
De Graaf didn't become a bad player overnight. I think he thought he was on an easy ride when he got here, and has found there is more to the game than he first thought.

I am embarassed about writing him off too early though. I think he is a good player, and given time to settle he could come good. I think Easter Road must be a difficult place to be a player just now, and it must be even harder for someone settling into a new country.

Yogi made out we had signed a Davids or Schneijder, and maybe expectations were too high, and he had too much to live up to.

MSK
13-09-2010, 11:43 AM
De Graaf didn't become a bad player overnight. I think he thought he was on an easy ride when he got here, and has found there is more to the game than he first thought.

I am embarassed about writing him off too early though. I think he is a good player, and given time to settle he could come good. I think Easter Road must be a difficult place to be a player just now, and it must be even harder for someone settling into a new country.

Yogi made out we had signed a Davids or Schneijder, and maybe expectations were too high, and he had too much to live up to.:agree:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
13-09-2010, 12:39 PM

To me this is oe of the pitfalls of messageboards like these...

You say the reputation he came with - from who exactly? It seems to me that people read about him and decided he was really good, and once 'he looks like a good player' is seen in enough posts and repeated by enough people down the pub, it become accepted truth.

The fact is none of us knew about him before hand, so he had very little reputation, other than what over-excited hibbies gave him on messageboards like this - and as we can see from 60-70% of the posts on this messageboard, it is either full of daft wee laddies looking for a response or idiots who have nothing to say and say it too loud (and too often).

Give the guy a break, and fans that boo players at games, really what is that about eh?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
13-09-2010, 12:42 PM

Yogi made out we had signed a Davids or Schneijder, and maybe expectations were too high, and he had too much to live up to.

Come on mate, where did he say that?

I read Yogi comparing him to Pat McGinley - if you took that as Yogi really meaning he is a cross between Davids and Sneijder, then you must really have rated Pat McGinley!

Peevemor
13-09-2010, 12:44 PM
To me this is oe of the pitfalls of messageboards like these...

You say the reputation he came with - from who exactly? It seems to me that people read about him and decided he was really good, and once 'he looks like a good player' is seen in enough posts and repeated by enough people down the pub, it become accepted truth.

The fact is none of us knew about him before hand, so he had very little reputation, other than what over-excited hibbies gave him on messageboards like this - and as we can see from 60-70% of the posts on this messageboard, it is either full of daft wee laddies looking for a response or idiots who have nothing to say and say it too loud (and too often).

Give the guy a break, and fans that boo players at games, really what is that about eh?

:agree:

The script normally goes -

Someone we've heard of - not good enough

Anyone else - must be good because they came through a big club's youth system, or they played for an average team in a league better than the SPL (which is basically any league that isn't the SPL).

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2010, 12:45 PM

I read Yogi comparing him to Pat McGinley - if you took that as Yogi really meaning he is a cross between Davids and Sneijder, then you must really have rated Pat McGinley!

Bit of poetic licence. Yes I did rate Pat McGinley.

bawheid
13-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Yes, but why let the facts get in the way of another pop at the Hibernian manager?

Speedway
13-09-2010, 02:20 PM
If you're captain at NAC Brada, you've only ever played in the top division in Holland, you've led your side in the Europa League and you've got the scoring record that he has from midfield - you're not crap.

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Yes, but why let the facts get in the way of another pop at the Hibernian manager?

You're right, there is absolutely no need to make up stupid things the Hibernian manager has said. :agree:

I sense an uber fan angle in your post.

ahibby
13-09-2010, 02:28 PM
A guy behind me in the FF said he is the Dutch Brian Kerr. I haven't seen anything to convince me that he is going to be a great asset. He went down on his pants too easily in a challenge in front of our box and didn't take a chance with an empty goal in front of him; although the bounce of the ball might have made things a bit more difficult for him than it first looked.

Spike Mandela
13-09-2010, 02:33 PM
I know if is a big word but If Boughera hadn't made a great tackle and the bounce hadn't been so high on Saturday De Graaf would have been on 4 goals and we would be raving about his runs in to the box.

I have been disappointed with his contribution to the team so far but have a gut feeling he is going to be a big player for us, don't know why:cool2:

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2010, 02:34 PM
We should have kept Joe Keenan and saved a fortune.

bawheid
13-09-2010, 02:41 PM
You're right, there is absolutely no need to make up stupid things the Hibernian manager has said. :agree:

I sense an uber fan angle in your post.

No uber fan. Just growing a bit weary of logging on here to see yet another anti-Hughes post. Hearing the message loud and clear...

As you suggest, there's enough to be getting on with to be criticising Hughes over without resorting to making stuff up.

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2010, 03:02 PM
No uber fan. Just growing a bit weary of logging on here to see yet another anti-Hughes post. Hearing the message loud and clear...

As you suggest, there's enough to be getting on with to be criticising Hughes over without resorting to making stuff up.

Fair dos, it was below the belt, and not necessary. It's in his own hands, and slagging him for the sake of it isn't helping at all.

CmoantheHibs
13-09-2010, 03:07 PM
I think that as a midfielder it is harder to adjust to our game than any other position.He comes from a technically gifted league where they tend to get more time on the ball.Defenders only have to learn to become more physical and clear a ball quicker.Strikers/forwards have to adjust to a more physical approach(which they can "earn more fouls from") and a lower quality of service.A midfielder has to adjust most aspects of their game due to the franetic nature of the Scottish game.I know I have probably simplified it too much but the fact is that the midfield is the hub of the team and the area that the ball is in most often so any problems in adjusting are highlighted more.4 league games isnt a lot of time to adjust to a new league,culture country etc.A bit of patience and support is required.

Hamish
13-09-2010, 03:10 PM
If you're captain at NAC Brada, you've only ever played in the top division in Holland, you've led your side in the Europa League and you've got the scoring record that he has from midfield - you're not crap.

Today's sensible post. 4 games in and the guy is getting pelters from a sizable section of our so called support. :bitchy:

Maybe its just me and/or the advent of forums such as this, but I can't remember this almost longing for somebody to make a mistake happening in the past. Yes we got on to players but the extent and frequency now is quite absurd

bawheid
13-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Today's sensible post. 4 games in and the guy is getting pelters from a sizable section of our so called support. :bitchy:

Maybe its just me and/or the advent of forums such as this, but I can't remember this almost longing for somebody to make a mistake happening in the past. Yes we got on to players but the extent and frequency now is quite absurd

You have to remember that in the past, everyone just ignored the annoying **** standing at the bar talking rubbish.

That guy now has a computer and can spout drivel to their heart's content on Hibs.net.

Peevemor
13-09-2010, 04:52 PM
You have to remember that in the past, everyone just ignored the annoying **** standing at the bar talking rubbish.

That guy now has a computer and can spout drivel to their heart's content on Hibs.net.

You rang... :thumbsup:

Jones28
13-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Remember how poor David Murphy was in his first couple of months for Hibs? He needed time to adjust to the pace of the game, De Graaf needs to realise he doesnt have infinite time to turn and play a pass, he needs to be quicker. Once he learns this, he will be excellent :agree:

heidtheba
13-09-2010, 04:57 PM

I haven't seen the YouTube videos of De Graff but surely he must have some ability to have played in the league he did for as long as he did. Maybe some players just find that transition (down) to SPL standards harder than others. Juninho at Celtic has to be a player who had just that problem?

Brads Laing
13-09-2010, 07:14 PM
To be fair, if you watched him on saturday you could see he was a box to box player, getting up to support the strikers as well as helping out at the back. Unfortunately he isn't good at either. Can't really blame yogi for this one, cause if you were offered a player who came through the youth ranks at feyenoord, captained an eredivisie side for 4 years and scored about 8 goals a season from midfield you would have taken him.

Speedway
13-09-2010, 07:44 PM
For example:

tamig
13-09-2010, 08:34 PM
A guy behind me in the FF said he is the Dutch Brian Kerr. I haven't seen anything to convince me that he is going to be a great asset. He went down on his pants too easily in a challenge in front of our box and didn't take a chance with an empty goal in front of him; although the bounce of the ball might have made things a bit more difficult for him than it first looked.

The guy behind you sounds like a right bundle of knowledge. Was he booing de Graaf loudly by any chance? :bitchy:

sahib
13-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Remember how poor David Murphy was in his first couple of months for Hibs? He needed time to adjust to the pace of the game, De Graaf needs to realise he doesnt have infinite time to turn and play a pass, he needs to be quicker. Once he learns this, he will be excellent :agree:

I don't remember him being that poor. There is always a lag before people who can't tell for themselves find out from friends and the press that a player is quite good.