11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Scored :thumbsup:

Missed a penalty :boo hoo:

Nearly got booked :boo hoo:

Then should've scored himself in the last second :boo hoo:

How frustrating :grr:

Hibbyradge
11-09-2010, 04:19 PM
He was poor today, second half in particular.

Devine
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM

Poor!? Granted he wasnt at the top of his game but he scored our ONLY goal and was our ONLY attacking threat. There were A LOT LOT worse out there

3pm
11-09-2010, 04:21 PM
If he was poor, I dread to think what you think of the rest.

Elephant Stone
11-09-2010, 04:38 PM
He was our best player by a mile.

Beefster
11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
He was our best player by a mile.

That was Bamba. Again.

Riordan was great for the first 10 minutes.

Keith_M
11-09-2010, 04:45 PM

Sorry but that's total Colin Nish. Of course it's bad he missed the penalty but as mentioned already, at least he was an attacking force... and he scored. How the aforementioned Mr Nish stayed on the park for the whole game I'll never know. The sooner Yogi signs a strike partner for Deek the better.

I lost count of the times that good moves broke down as soon as they reached Nish. In his defence, he had a good 15 minute spell in the second half but that's hardly enough, is it?

Ritchie
11-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Deek was good today.

He was dropping back looking for the ball.

The penalty was a bad miss but at least he brought something to the game today unlike some players.

How Galbraith doesn't start is beyond me.

Also, there was no shape today what so ever.

SneakersO'Toole
11-09-2010, 05:06 PM

Deek was decent in a team that included dreadful performances from the likes of De Graff, Nish, Miller, Wotherspoon.

No way was he poor IMO. He was the only person that even looked like scoring. Although granted his penalty miss wasn't great.

Bayern Bru
11-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Scored :thumbsup:

Missed a penalty :boo hoo:

Nearly got booked :boo hoo:

Then should've scored himself in the last second :boo hoo:

How frustrating :grr:

Ludicrously he WAS booked. Total nonsense if you ask me - not that he was booked, but that the wee fat instigator on the Caley team got away without so much as a talking to. Seems as though Deek still attracts unwarranted 'hardline' tactics from some refs because of his once-reputation. :bitchy:

Seanair
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Bad penalty miss, but some people seem to miss that he is the best passer of a ball in the Hibs team, and has more vision of the game than the rest of the team put together.
Oh and he scores goals too---who else would have scored the one he did?:grr:

Bookkeeper
12-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Thought he had a good game today and looks an allround better and more mature player.

truehibernian
12-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Could do no worse than putting young Danny up alongside Derek. Then introduce Lee Currie at left mid (or Rankin/Murray). Galbraith simply has to be a first pick for the next few games. He changes things and gives pace/energy. Colin Nish for me is a good player to have on the bench at present. Some nice passages of play today and the players let the manager down. Not prepared to chase and get the ball back and put tackles in. Gifted possession and looked unfit to be brutally honest. A second goal would have indeed killed the game but we are playing on our nerves at the moment and allowing teams to feed off the collective fear of losing (or losing a goal) - if that makes sense.

Riordans Boots
12-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Thought he had a good game today and looks an allround better and more mature player.

I was never at any point giving DR a slagging off - far from ......

And yes - I agree with you 100% mate :agree:

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Could do no worse than putting young Danny up alongside Derek. Then introduce Lee Currie at left mid (or Rankin/Murray). Galbraith simply has to be a first pick for the next few games. He changes things and gives pace/energy. Colin Nish for me is a good player to have on the bench at present. Some nice passages of play today and the players let the manager down. Not prepared to chase and get the ball back and put tackles in. Gifted possession and looked unfit to be brutally honest. A second goal would have indeed killed the game but we are playing on our nerves at the moment and allowing teams to feed off the collective fear of losing (or losing a goal) - if that makes sense.

Galbraith and Riordan up front??? What would happen if someone passed a ball to them in the air - what do you think there ariel challenge rate / success rate would be?

Fact of the matter for me is that we have only one CF now - nish he will at least go for these balls and whilst we may want to play on the ground no team opperates with two small players up front who cant jump.

Yogi - well done for building a squad of centre halfs and full backs :grr:

truehibernian
12-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Sorry mate but where in the football manuals does it say we must always play with a target man, tall striker or play balls in the air ? Nish as I said is an option, and for me, an option to have on the bench. He is hardly the greatest at keeping on his feet, staying onside, or indeed putting in 90 minutes of graft and quality. If you play the ball on the deck, with zip and pace, and have a midfield prepared to drive at the opposition and draw them out, then there is nothing wrong with having smaller strikers who are either quick or football-intelligent to exploit the space. You should also have your midfielders pushing into the box, so if the cross is good enough and the player quick enough to anticipate, a player who is 5'7 can get onto a ball just as much as one who is 6'2. It is about precision and getting in front of your man. You have a point though if it someone like Chris "float one in" Hoggenbauer putting in the high balls :greengrin

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Sorry mate but where in the football manuals does it say we must always play with a target man, tall striker or play balls in the air ? Nish as I said is an option, and for me, an option to have on the bench. He is hardly the greatest at keeping on his feet, staying onside, or indeed putting in 90 minutes of graft and quality. If you play the ball on the deck, with zip and pace, and have a midfield prepared to drive at the opposition and draw them out, then there is nothing wrong with having smaller strikers who are either quick or football-intelligent to exploit the space. You should also have your midfielders pushing into the box, so if the cross is good enough and the player quick enough to anticipate, a player who is 5'7 can get onto a ball just as much as one who is 6'2. It is about precision and getting in front of your man. You have a point though if it someone like Chris "float one in" Hoggenbauer putting in the high balls :greengrin

To play the ball on the deck and "zip" it about you have to have the players, and we dont. Those to up front alone would disappear. Deek alongside someone, yes. Galbraith out wide yes. Remember this is the SPL so regardless of how you play you will get dragged into someone elses game.

How often do you see the ball going back to the keeper from a midfield / defense under pressure then going right up the field - all of the time. On the basis of the above, it would go up and come straight back down. I am sure every team in this league would like to play against those two up front!

matty_f
12-09-2010, 12:56 AM
I thought Deek had a good game today, though given his recent record with penalties he should have left it well alone. Credit to him for stepping up to the plate though.

IMHO, Riordan is becoming a more complete footballer with age. I definitely think he's better now than he was pre-Celtc.

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 01:01 AM
I thought Deek had a good game today, though given his recent record with penalties he should have left it well alone. Credit to him for stepping up to the plate though.

IMHO, Riordan is becoming a more complete footballer with age. I definitely think he's better now than he was pre-Celtc.

Agreed, think he maybe realises this is the final shot! Would still like to see an O'Conner style striker up front with him - I can see an emergency loan with Duffy being out or the recent trialists getting a recall!!

greenlex
12-09-2010, 08:38 AM
The booking was justified. He reacted to a challenge from the guy by trying to launch him and from behind too. The only mystery is why the other guy wasn't booked fir his reaction to that.

H18sry
12-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Galbraith and Riordan up front??? What would happen if someone passed a ball to them in the air - what do you think there ariel challenge rate / success rate would be?

Fact of the matter for me is that we have only one CF now - nish he will at least go for these balls and whilst we may want to play on the ground no team opperates with two small players up front who cant jump.

Yogi - well done for building a squad of centre halfs and full backs :grr:

That cannot keep a clean sheet. :grr:

Barney McGrew
12-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Bad penalty miss

Just as bad as the others he's missed :cool2:

Time for him to take a step back from spot kick duties for a while