PDA

View Full Version : Question Hibs Pubs in New York

rcarter1
10-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Excuse me fellow Hibs fans!

Im off to New York, and if anyone were to know of a pub linked to the Hibees, then it will make my journey all the more memorable.

Thanks in advance for any information!

GGTTH

Mikey
10-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Im off to New York,

You have my deepest sympathies.

Pretty sure there aren't any Hibs pubs there now.

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2010, 09:39 AM
There used to be an Irish bar about 5 mins from Maddison Sq Gdns that had loads of Hibs stuff in it. Cant rememebr the name or exactly where it. That was about 9 years ago too so no idea if still there.

Vini1875
11-09-2010, 09:51 AM
The Blarney Stone

Hillsidehibby
11-09-2010, 10:59 AM
The Pub with all the Hibs stuff behind the bar was knocked down a couple of years ago.

Spent a delightful time walking around Manhattan in the pouring rain trying to find it only to find it was bulldozed a year earlier.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-09-2010, 11:48 AM
There are a few Blarney Stone's in Manhattan. but the one that I was in recently, across from the old Ramada Jarivs has a huge hoops huddle poster on the wall, right next to a NY Rangers top in red, white and blue. The say that Yanks don't do irony.:rolleyes:

Mon1875
11-09-2010, 12:04 PM
I couldn't find one either last year. You can Google sports bars in New York and you can see the TV schedule. Saves a bit of leg work.

Moulin Yarns
11-09-2010, 12:14 PM
The Pub with all the Hibs stuff behind the bar was knocked down a couple of years ago.

Spent a delightful time walking around Manhattan in the pouring rain trying to find it only to find it was bulldozed a year earlier.

west 32nd street by Manhattan Mall.

Alternatives might be

http://www.manchesterpubnyc.com/

or
http://www.madhattersaloonnyc.com/

I'm going at the end of November, so might try these

trev the hat
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
i was unlucky enough to be there in 2007 when we won the cis. was there for paddys day and had booked months before.
i did manage to find somewhere called irish pub. (original) on 7th ave just up from sheraton hotel and time square.(towards central park)
cracking long bar type boozer, reminded me of cheers.
all the sport you could ask for and was open at half 8 in the morning on paddys day.
well worth a visit. Enjoy!!!!