PDA

View Full Version : Question scotland line up (Berra)

suavegav
10-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Ever since i watched that performance on Tuesday night, my mates and i had a little chat about whats wrong with Scotland and ways in which we can improve. One of the things that was brought up, the defence of Weir and McManus. They play for a Scottish Prem side and Championship side respectivley. My Question is, how can a player who plays at a higher level, such as Christophe Berra, who plays for Wolves in the Premiership, not get in that side before those two.
Ther where lots of other points i could mention, but this was the most interesting.

Im no a hertz fan by the way, just fed up with the same old, same old. :confused:

PISTOL1875
10-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Ever since i watched that performance on Tuesday night, my mates and i had a little chat about whats wrong with Scotland and ways in which we can improve. One of the things that was brought up, the defence of Weir and McManus. They play for a Scottish Prem side and Championship side respectivley. My Question is, how can a player who plays at a higher level, such as Christophe Berra, who plays for Wolves in the Premiership, not get in that side before those two.
Ther where lots of other points i could mention, but this was the most interesting.

Im no a hertz fan by the way, just fed up with the same old, same old. :confused:

The reason is that McManus has had experience at International level and Champions League level... Berra has had hee haw...

Franck is God
10-09-2010, 08:24 PM
The reason is that McManus has had experience at International level and Champions League level... Berra has had hee haw...

That argument to me is not a good one considering the calibre of player and team Berra plays against each week.

Experience did bugger all for McManus when he stood yards off the player the other night and gave him a free shot at goal. You wouldn't be given that amount of time and space playing 5's at Powerleague.

suavegav
10-09-2010, 08:47 PM
That argument to me is not a good one considering the calibre of player and team Berra plays against each week.

Experience did bugger all for McManus when he stood yards off the player the other night and gave him a free shot at goal. You wouldn't be given that amount of time and space playing 5's at Powerleague.

That is precisely my point, How can a player like Berra be expecterd to get the necassary experience if hes not picked in front of Weir and McManus. :top marks

Part/Time Supporter
10-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Because Berra played against Sweden and was rank rotten?

iwasthere1972
10-09-2010, 09:00 PM
That is precisely my point, How can a player like Berra be expecterd to get the necassary experience if hes not picked in front of Weir and McManus. :top marks

By the same token Fletch (when fit) and Iwelumo should be picked ahead of Miller and Boyd, Adam ahead of Robson etc etc. If that was the case then the team would pick itself and there would be no need for Levein. Now that might just work. :wink:

ronaldo7
10-09-2010, 09:21 PM
I've made a point of trying to watch how Berra has developed since his move from Hawrts. He has stood still imo. He was over rated in the first place and is not a commanding centre half whatsoever. He's a 3rd rate central defender whom we would do well to keep clear of the Scotland team for a long time.

PISTOL1875
10-09-2010, 10:14 PM

Did you see Berra playing against Sweden ??? Levien gave the younger players a chance to stake a claim for a place for the Qualifiers but they blew it...

bob12345
11-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Berra had a mare against Sweden but to be fair was part of a defence which was shocking all round. It's hard for one guy to look any good when the whole unit is being sliced open at will.

He was pretty excellent for Wolves on the whole last year, tipped by quite a few for their POTY and when the BBC had.a poll for most improved player, he was up there.

Leichtenstein was the chance to try him alongside the regular defence. What's for sure is that we can't play two slow centre halves against Spain or we will be sitting on the edge of our own box.

H18sry
11-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Because Berra played against Sweden and was rank rotten?

Aye but he was playing alongside Gary Kenneth, so cut him some slack :wink: