PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Grounds

HFC 0-7
10-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Whats the chances of us being able to hold onto this guy if he turns out good? Is there anything in the loan deal that says we have an option to buy him? Is he still very much in Middlesboro plans?

MSK
10-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Whats the chances of us being able to hold onto this guy if he turns out good? Is there anything in the loan deal that says we have an option to buy him? Is he still very much in Middlesboro plans?Recently signed a new 2 year deal wi Boro so i would say our chances are pretty much nil ..:agree:

BEEJ
10-09-2010, 05:17 PM
How would anyone on this board be expected to answer any of those questions definitively? And you've missed out another unfathomable mystery - would Grounds want to play in the SPL in the next few years?

I would suggest that:

a) We couldn't afford him even if he was available for sale.
b) On that basis, we might be able to extend the loan until next summer but little else.
c) Booth coming back into the fold in January 2011 will give us fresh options on the LB front.

scoopyboy
10-09-2010, 05:25 PM
If he's as good as I'm led to believe there's no chance he will be staying.

Better to enjoy whilst we can.

Andy74
10-09-2010, 05:39 PM
I'd imagine we would be able to extend to end of season. He's not suddenly going to end up in their plans.

silverhibee
10-09-2010, 05:43 PM
If he's as good as I'm led to believe there's no chance he will be staying.

Better to enjoy whilst we can.

:agree:

Hearing good things about the lad.

Hibby 2005
10-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I think a bit of perspective is needed. He may well be the bees knees but Strachan hasn't played him much by the looks of it and that's in a team that's struggling in the Championship.

Prof. Shaggy
10-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Strachan never played Riordan very much...

Frogga
10-09-2010, 09:34 PM
A Boro fan told me that he was more than capable of filling in to their first XI but can look out of his depth at times.

Sounds to them what Lewis Stevenson is to us, albeit a bit bigger!