PDA

View Full Version : Grow up.

Liam89
10-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Trawling through the threads of .net and reading constant negativity is shocking. Now i'm not sure how many of the posters on here are actually Hibs fans but try getting behind the team eh? We are 1 game into the season and we don't want to be a team that changes manager every season, Yogi still has a chance to get this right and build a new team but without any support behind the team he will get nowhere.

The next 2/3 games will show what kind of manager Yogi is this season and how the new signings will be. Fair enough if we lose or get minimal points in these games and the team shows no desire to win then by all means sack him but lets just try and get behind him for these games, please?

Inb4uberfan.

Phil D. Rolls
10-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Trawling through the threads of .net and reading constant negativity is shocking. Now i'm not sure how many of the posters on here are actually Hibs fans but try getting behind the team eh? We are 1 game into the season and we don't want to be a team that changes manager every season, Yogi still has a chance to get this right and build a new team but without any support behind the team he will get nowhere.

The next 2/3 games will show what kind of manager Yogi is this season and how the new signings will be. Fair enough if we lose or get minimal points in these games and the team shows no desire to win then by all means sack him but lets just try and get behind him for these games, please?

Inb4uberfan.

Fair play, it's just getting harder all the time. He doesn't have many more "get out of jail" cards.

Ritchie
10-09-2010, 03:53 PM
The next two games are massive.

Anything but 6 points is unacceptable!!

Dirkster23
10-09-2010, 03:54 PM

Inb4uberfan.

2 defeats to Maribor

Win at Motherwell

lost to Rangers

lost to St Mirren.

a bit more than one game into the season.

iwasthere1972
10-09-2010, 04:00 PM

Inb4uberfan.

Not only do we need a win tomorrow but we have to get the points by playing decent and entertaining football. Something that the fans can get excited about. We saw glimpses of this in the second half at Motherwell so more of the same please but over the full 90 minutes.

Signed

Uberfan.

Liam89
10-09-2010, 04:06 PM
2 defeats to Maribor

Win at Motherwell

lost to Rangers

lost to St Mirren.

a bit more than one game into the season.

Sorry, typo. Was in a rush, was meant to be 3 - i wrote off the defeats to Maribor they were a different class to us.

iwasthere1972
10-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Sorry, typo. Was in a rush, was meant to be 3 - i wrote off the defeats to Maribor they were a different class to us.

:faf: You can't do that.

Mikey
10-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Now i'm not sure how many of the posters on here are actually Hibs fans

As I always say, if someone points them out we'll remove them. No-one's found one for a while though.

Most of the "negative" (your words, not mine :wink:) posters are Hibs fans I've met and shared a laugh with. I don't think they'd be too chuffed if I tipped them out the door :greengrin

skipster7
10-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Not only do we need a win tomorrow but we have to get the points by playing decent and entertaining football.
Something that the fans can get excited about. We saw glimpses of this in the second half at Motherwell so more of the same please but over the full 90 minutes.

Signed

Uberfan.

yes we should refuse the 3 points unless these standards are met:confused: if any team in scotland played like that over 90 mins they would romp the league. win first and performance second:agree:

Liam89
10-09-2010, 04:24 PM
:faf: You can't do that.

I can and I did. :greengrin

Wilson
10-09-2010, 04:57 PM

Inb4uberfan.

How can you go on about building a team and not changing manager every season and then talk about the next 2 or 3 games being the timescale on which to judge him? Crazy.

As it happens I don't subscribe to the theory that you can't keep changing manager. If that manager is incompetent or at least doing a bad job then you get one in who isn't. At some point someone will have to ask the hard questions about whether we are getting the performances and results that our outlay merits. As far as I am concerned we are not.

Removing the manager shouldn't be done lightly though. We have had a succession of cheapo up and coming managers and the revolving door of like for like types is not working.

Beefster
10-09-2010, 04:59 PM

Inb4uberfan.

Apart from the fact that you seem to be missing the fact that most folk moaning on here will be backing the team 100% at the games, if we're allowed to judge Hughes after the ICT, Hamilton and Kille games then why not after the St Mirren (0-1), Ross Country(2-2, 1-2), Hamilton away (1-4) and St Johnstone (1-5) games of the last 6 months?

iwasthere1972
10-09-2010, 05:03 PM
yes we should refuse the 3 points unless these standards are met:confused: if any team in scotland played like that over 90 mins they would romp the league. win first and performance second:agree:

Didn't say that. :wink: Be a bonus if we can collect the points and at the same time play some sexy football.

Liam89
10-09-2010, 05:15 PM
How can you go on about building a team and not changing manager every season and then talk about the next 2 or 3 games being the timescale on which to judge him? Crazy.

As it happens I don't subscribe to the theory that you can't keep changing manager. If that manager is incompetent or at least doing a bad job then you get one in who isn't. At some point someone will have to ask the hard questions about whether we are getting the performances and results that our outlay merits. As far as I am concerned we are not.

Removing the manager shouldn't be done lightly though. We have had a succession of cheapo up and coming managers and the revolving door of like for like types is not working.

Fair point although I was more trying to point out that we should get behind Yogi for the next couple of games and see if he can get some good results. I still believe John can build a decent team as long as we can get those crucial points in the next few games.

zlatan
10-09-2010, 05:15 PM
You grow up.

Liam89
10-09-2010, 05:16 PM
You grow up.

Thanks for your reply! :wink:

Toaods
10-09-2010, 06:14 PM
You've omitted a t in your username.

bighairyfaeleith
10-09-2010, 07:30 PM
come 3pm tomorrow I'll be supporting the hibees 100%

However, i'm no believing yogi is the man anymore. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Dashing Bob S
10-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Can I stay immature yet still be positive?

iwasthere1972
10-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Can I stay immature yet still be positive?

Oh grow up.

MrSmith
10-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Next amount of games does not matter at all! Grow up? **** off! Most of us here have been there, done that, read the book, wore the t-shirt, got the tatoo, have the scars, got the Police record, been on the tube, got the bus, ran the line, deflected the spiked golf balls, been beaten up by both the Glasgow faithful and Strathclyde Police (add as you see fit)..so why don't you just: GET INTO THE GROOVE!

Nothing new here to see, move along please...

TrickyNicky
11-09-2010, 04:31 AM
Next amount of games does not matter at all! Grow up? **** off! Most of us here have been there, done that, read the book, wore the t-shirt, got the tatoo, have the scars, got the Police record, been on the tube, got the bus, ran the line, deflected the spiked golf balls, been beaten up by both the Glasgow faithful and Strathclyde Police (add as you see fit)..so why don't you just: GET INTO THE GROOVE!

Nothing new here to see, move along please...

And ye could do all that, fit a game in and still be hame for yer tea !:party::partyhibb:party:

J-C
11-09-2010, 08:16 AM
From what I've seen, he's taken us to 4th and Europa football, granted we came up against a decent side, he's spotted weaknesses in the team and during the window has attempted to bring in players who he feels are good enough to toughen up the weaknesses. Surely we have to allow him time to now gel these new players together, by all reports the big Lithuanian striker will probably sign and we have the added bonus of Zouma coming back in a month or so. Please for the love of God( and me being a good Athiest and all :greengrin ) lets try to be a wee bit more positive and lets see what the next 3-4 months bring, we must be the most fickle fans in Scotland, not a lot of money to through around, yet expect greatness from every manager that takes over at ER.

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Oh grow up.

But how?

HenryMonk
11-09-2010, 08:31 AM

I consider rangers and hamilton to be in a different class from us, so can i write those results off tae?

MrSmith
11-09-2010, 10:30 AM
And ye could do all that, fit a game in and still be hame for yer tea !:party::partyhibb:party:

And get back oot to the pub for a real session!