PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis Byrne

Diclonius
10-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Good interview with Byrne on the SFL site.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/byrne-out-to-prove-how-hot-he-is/

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Just reading that makes me realize that if he comes back to ER and hits it off he will be yet another one heading up the M8 to the ROI family at darkheid

:yawn:

IndieHibby
10-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Just reading that makes me realize that if he comes back to ER and hits it off he will be yet another one heading up the M8 to the ROI family at darkheid

Who will pay top dollar, allowing us to invest in the team and re-inforce our reputation for being the best place in Scotland for promising talent to progress in the game.

It may not be the strategy that bigger clubs follow, but then they are bigger clubs and can afford that luxury.

Failure on our part will be fining ourselves being outshone by clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts, Utd, Motherwell.

At the moment, things aren't looking too bad, imo.

marinello59
10-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Good interview with Byrne on the SFL site.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/byrne-out-to-prove-how-hot-he-is/

What a boost it would be to get a fired up Byrne back in January. Fingers crossed.:thumbsup:

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Who will pay top dollar, allowing us to invest in the team and re-inforce our reputation for being the best place in Scotland for promising talent to progress in the game.

It may not be the strategy that bigger clubs follow, but then they are bigger clubs and can afford that luxury.

Failure on our part will be fining ourselves being outshone by clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts, Utd, Motherwell.

At the moment, things aren't looking too bad, imo.

Well if you are happy enough for us to sell our hottest properties to the OF all the time then fine, true we have done it for many years and we will always be a selling club instead of paying decent wages to at least keep a player reasonably happy for two or three seasons, not one season then offski

marinello59
10-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Well if you are happy enough for us to sell our hottest properties to the OF all the time then fine, true we have done it for many years and we will always be a selling club instead of paying decent wages to at least keep a player reasonably happy for two or three seasons, not one season then offski

So are you complaining about a deal that might possibly be done in the future for a player who hasn't even properly broken in to the first team yet?
Byrne doing well whilst out in loan is good news surely. Relax, plenty of time to worry later about what happens if he comes back to us and starts scoring for fun.:greengrin

Peevemor
10-09-2010, 09:14 AM
So are you complaining about a deal that might possibly be done in the future for a player who hasn't even properly broken in to the first team yet?
Byrne doing well whilst out in loan is good news surely. Relax, plenty of time to worry later about what happens if he comes back to us and starts scoring for fun.:greengrin

:agree: From the interviews he seems to have the right attitude and remembers every ball he's kicked for Hibs. Can only be good.

--------
10-09-2010, 09:33 AM

Sorry - where does he say anything about that? He seems to me to be focussed on doing as well as he can for East Fife, then getting back to ER and getting himself into the Hibs first team in January.

He does mention the fact that his father's career didn't go as far as it should have, but my reading is that he's determined that his won't go the same way.

If he hits it off at ER, it's as possible surely that he may follow Fletch to England as his dad to the Soapies.

Of course, his dad certainly wants him at the Cesspit, but so far Kurtis seems to have his own mind and his own plans for himself. Seems a sensible, focussed laddie.

Sounds to me as if he's very nearly ready for our first team right now.

oconnors_strip
10-09-2010, 08:35 PM
What a boost it would be to get a fired up Byrne back in January. Fingers crossed.:thumbsup:

i dont see it happening if hughes is still in charge. :grr:

:agree: From the interviews he seems to have the right attitude and remembers every ball he's kicked for Hibs. Can only be good.

kurtis has the correct attitude and work rate to make it at hibs, just sadly we dont have the manager who can make him the player he could be:boo hoo:

Andy74
10-09-2010, 09:01 PM
This is getting silly now. Hughes had done wonders for the likes of barr and arfield and he's suddenly going to ruin byrne's career? Not convinced by byrne yet. Is he the next mythical hero who the manager is just holding back from helping us to world domination just for the hell of it?

oconnors_strip
10-09-2010, 09:27 PM
This is getting silly now. Hughes had done wonders for the likes of barr and arfield and he's suddenly going to ruin byrne's career? Not convinced by byrne yet. Is he the next mythical hero who the manager is just holding back from helping us to world domination just for the hell of it?

hughes doesnt like byrne so cant see him getting to further his career at hibs.

marinello59
10-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Brilliant, a feel good story turned round to a feel bad story in ten posts. Only on hibs.net.:bitchy:

oconnors_strip
10-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Brillianbt, a feel good story turned round to a feel bad story in ten posts. Only on hibs.net.:bitchy:

im sorry if ive turned it into a bad HIBS story, just stating the truth!

but its a great article and story about kurtis as a player.

truehibernian
10-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Nikki, without going into too much detail, is it Kurtis' perceived arrogance that is the problem for Hughes. Always found KB to be full of confidence in his ability but not arrogant. I could see however it being read as that if he has a "personality clash"

oconnors_strip
10-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Nikki, without going into too much detail, is it Kurtis' perceived arrogance that is the problem for Hughes. Always found KB to be full of confidence in his ability but not arrogant. I could see however it being read as that if he has a "personality clash"

you could say that.

marinello59
11-09-2010, 07:31 AM
im sorry if ive turned it into a bad HIBS story, just stating the truth!

but its a great article and story about kurtis as a player.

Sorry, wasn't meant as a dig at yourself. Just me being depressed about being depressed. (It makes sense to me.:greengrin)