PDA

View Full Version : I ask all the Questions(Chick Young)

Kevvy1875
09-09-2010, 09:43 PM
'I ask all the questions'

To quote Chick Yhung on BBC Scotland's new 'flashy' advert for their football talk show.

Just wondered what people thought of these blatant lies?

I actually shouted at the telly when I seen it. Langauge not fit for a family forum:agree:

I was thinking of the recent post match interview with Walter Smith at ER and the complete and utter failure to press the questions that SHOULD have been asked regarding the McGsexpest/Riordan incedent.

Its a rant I know, but I bet someone else has seen it and been as annoyed as me(a bottle of wine or equivelant is a pre-requisite):wink:

Feel free to abuse the wee Hun twat....thoughts?

hibsdaft
09-09-2010, 10:41 PM
chick young brightens the scottish game and is great value for money.

don't respect him though.

oldbutdim
09-09-2010, 10:53 PM
chick young brightens the scottish game and is great value for money.

I actually shouted at my screen when I saw that.

:grr:

Geo_1875
10-09-2010, 05:13 AM
"great value for money" my erse. He's paid by the BBC out of our licence fee. He is without doubt the worst type of football hack. He was on the radio last night and mentioned that Jock Wallace once hit him. Not hard enough or often enough in my opinion.

Toaods
10-09-2010, 05:14 AM
The little turf believes he's a vital component of Scottish football when intact he's just another Old Firm butt kisser with the odd token story around one of the 'minnows'.

Broken Gnome
10-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Yep, that annoyed the hell out of me as well. Value for money? The BBC's Chief Football Writer for Scotland I believe he is. Which is embarrassing as it is as his blog is one of the most childish things you'll ever read. Any Premiership supporter stumbling on to it would rightly think our league is pathetic.

DCI Gene Hunt
10-09-2010, 07:13 AM
It could be worse. We could be stuck with that prat Stuart Cosgrove or that other fanny that does the crap "jokes" on the half 6 BBC Reporting Scotland Sports news... :doh:

Gene

Gettin' Auld
10-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Chick "i can exclusively reveal" Young, is a fud.

jdships
10-09-2010, 09:45 AM
'I ask all the questions'

To quote Chick Yhung on BBC Scotland's new 'flashy' advert for their football talk show.

Just wondered what people thought of these blatant lies?

I actually shouted at the telly when I seen it. Langauge not fit for a family forum:agree:

I was thinking of the recent post match interview with Walter Smith at ER and the complete and utter failure to press the questions that SHOULD have been asked regarding the McGsexpest/Riordan incedent.

Its a rant I know, but I bet someone else has seen it and been as annoyed as me(a bottle of wine or equivelant is a pre-requisite):wink:

Feel free to abuse the wee Hun twat....thoughts?

Wow ! BBC Scotland have now got a really class "back three"
Traynor, Smith and Young

IMO they equate to
[Hickup, Buckup and F..k.p
:bye:

Holmesdale Hibs
10-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Chick "i can exclusively reveal" Young, is a fud.

Totally agree. He uses 'I' far too much in his interviews, even more than Robert Peston. ‘I know Walter Smith well’ etc. His ego is massive and his style of journalism really grates.

A good interviewer will keep his questions short and concise but with him its like you’re watching the Chick Young show. To be fair he makes some decent points if you can be ersed dissecting his ridiculous metaphors but generally I can’t be and I change the channel. Give me Jim Traynor or Graham Spiers any day.

BEEJ
10-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Yep, that annoyed the hell out of me as well. Value for money? The BBC's Chief Football Writer for Scotland I believe he is. Which is embarrassing as it is as his blog is one of the most childish things you'll ever read. Any Premiership supporter stumbling on to it would rightly think our league is pathetic.
:agree:

Young is a nauseating little Gollum-like creature, that is incapable of stringing two sentences together, either in speech or on paper. He commands little or no respect in football circles, not even amongst his fellow pundits.

That this being should command such an apparently elevated position in BBC Scotland's sports department, and be foisted upon us continually on the radio, speaks volumes for our professional standards in this country.

:sick:

greenlex
10-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Prefer Spence.

ahibby
10-09-2010, 10:31 AM
but he loves this forum!

heretoday
10-09-2010, 10:59 AM
The history of BBC Sport Scotland is one involving a clique of second-rate Glesca hacks getting nice jobs through croneyism. I ceased to tune in a while ago.

Bob Crampsey........RIP.

Phil D. Rolls
10-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes, Chick asks the questions, and this is what happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKV88nEMu50

Verdict: manky wee ape that everyone detests.

Pretty Boy
10-09-2010, 03:02 PM
The history of BBC Sport Scotland is one involving a clique of second-rate Glesca hacks getting nice jobs through croneyism. I ceased to tune in a while ago.

Bob Crampsey........RIP.

I used to love listen to Crampsey put Chick Dung in his place every week on Sportsound.

Speedway
10-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Sick Pong has annoyed me before.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?177150-Chuck-Ying-s-Style-of-Writing&highlight=thick+dung

Prawn Sandwich
10-09-2010, 03:32 PM
BBC Radio Scotland or what they should really be called the "Old Firm PR Department."

New Corrie
10-09-2010, 10:50 PM
If he finally can get around to asking the McGregor question to Walter Smith, maybe, just maybe, he can then ask why Radio Scrotland persist in employing failed football people who are unable to string a sentence together unless it involves the terms "eh" "being brutally honest" "ah learnt him that" etc etc

Amazing that Scotland produced so many great things (including the BBC), yet our legacy is Turdo McFud, Thick Dung etc etc

It's only when you listen to Five Live that you actually get confirmation as to how stupid Scottish people actually are.

Moody Mulder
11-09-2010, 08:18 AM
chick dung kisses the manky ring of the old firm

Phil D. Rolls
11-09-2010, 10:31 AM
If he finally can get around to asking the McGregor question to Walter Smith, maybe, just maybe, he can then ask why Radio Scrotland persist in employing failed football people who are unable to string a sentence together unless it involves the terms "eh" "being brutally honest" "ah learnt him that" etc etc

Amazing that Scotland produced so many great things (including the BBC), yet our legacy is Turdo McFud, Thick Dung etc etc

It's only when you listen to Five Live that you actually get confirmation as to how stupid Scottish people actually are.

:agree:

Richard Gordon: Well Murdo that was an exciting first half, what are your thoughts on it?
Murder: It was certainly exciting, that's what I think.
RG: So, Mason Boyne, guest referee, what about that controversial spot kick to Hibs?
Masonintheblack: There can be no doubt that the referee was in no uncertainty about the necessity to award a goal kick there, the rules quite categorically state that if the ball crosses the line a spot kick will ensue.
RG: Aheh, yes, so Murdo any lighthearted moments in that half for you?
M&M: WTF are you talking about?
RG: Well, something interesting to lift the apathy over the football?
M&D: Am I getting paid or not?

Scotland is a nation of "yes men". Doesn't matter if you are any good - in fact it is a positive advantage if you are not - all you have to do is toe the line and you are set for life.

The malaise you highlighted in the sports department at the McBeeb extends throughout the organisation. I'm no Derren Brown, but I can tell you now that this year's Hogmanay show will be hosted by Jacqui Bird and will feature the music of Phil Cunningham and Ally Bain.

hibsdaft
11-09-2010, 11:23 AM
i don't understand how yous can get so wound up by him. the guy is a walking joke who nobody - particularly those he crawls to - respects. to hate him is to give him more credit than he deserves.

granted "value for money" was probably a bad choice of words, though for the record i didn't mean literally, given he's probably on a decent whack pay-wise.

bottom line is though the guy is funny, and Scottish football wouldn't be the same without his idiocy, tantrums, hysteria (can anyone else make Lee MacCulloch being out for a week with a toe injury sound exciting?) and outright bull****.