PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh or Boom !

FromTheCapital
09-09-2010, 08:03 PM
We are either going to snap up Lithuanian foward, Valdas Trakys from Hearts (Joking) on a free transfer or Denneboom on a free transfer !

Who would you pick ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8985544.stm

HibbyAndy
09-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Id take Denneboom.

Woody70x2
09-09-2010, 08:08 PM
It will be the Lith.

BEEJ
09-09-2010, 08:11 PM
I'd go for Denneboom and, reading between the lines, I think that would be the club's preference as well.

But if he doesn't agree to our terms it will be the Lithuanian fellow. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
I would opt for either but is he doesn't sign then it will be Boom Boom or the Lithuanian.

El Gubbz
09-09-2010, 09:28 PM
The yam

Ed De Gramo
09-09-2010, 09:45 PM
The yam seems to have bit more about him than Denneboom.....

Diclonius
09-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Why don't we sign both? Would be good to have options up front.

Captain Trips
09-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Not impressed with the potential for any deal to be only 1 year, I understand having 1 or 2 in but 4 plus all our players whom have a contract due to expire is far to many. If Yogi thinks they are good enough get some commitment, if not move on.

GloryGlory
10-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Not impressed with the potential for any deal to be only 1 year, I understand having 1 or 2 in but 4 plus all our players whom have a contract due to expire is far to many. If Yogi thinks they are good enough get some commitment, if not move on.

I would think the short term deals are to do with the financial position of the club. The wages:turnover ratio is already too high, so my guess is the club is waiting to see how the season and attendances pan out before committing to longer deals. Also waiting to see if we have good cup runs, plus early payments ofnext season's season tickets.

Ritchie
10-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Dene-boom boom boom..... Let me here you say whey-o...... WHEY-O!!!!

HFC07
10-09-2010, 10:22 AM
I would like to see both of them come to hibs.

Captain Trips
10-09-2010, 10:34 AM
I would think the short term deals are to do with the financial position of the club. The wages:turnover ratio is already too high, so my guess is the club is waiting to see how the season and attendances pan out before committing to longer deals. Also waiting to see if we have good cup runs, plus early payments ofnext season's season tickets.

That doesn really make sense, how can we afford to pay them for 1 year then? At end of season if any are good then we cannot keep them? No, we will let other people go I am sure also few players have contracts about to run out. I do not see how our wage turnover can stop us signing any of the players for longer.

CmoantheHibs
10-09-2010, 11:04 AM
They are both apparently big target men which is something we havent had and have needed.Would be fantastic if they had pace too.It does seem like Denneboom is the preferred option but knowing very little about either I will place my faith in the judgement of our management.Im sure whichever it is will come in and do well.

GloryGlory
10-09-2010, 11:15 AM
That doesn really make sense, how can we afford to pay them for 1 year then? At end of season if any are good then we cannot keep them? No, we will let other people go I am sure also few players have contracts about to run out. I do not see how our wage turnover can stop us signing any of the players for longer.

This year's season ticket money. The club announced yesterday that the wages:turnover ratio is currently too high and needs to be reduced. Does anybody doubt that the Board is actively planning to do just that, given their track record? The better option would be to increase turnover rather than cut the salary budget - however, in a recession that may not be possible. Hence my view that the club is not committing at the moment to longer contracts until it sees the lie of the (financial) land a bit better - it maybe sees it as too risky at the moment to give players contracts for two or three years at current salary levels.

ahibby
10-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I think Hibs are keeping both interested in order to have their way with one of them (ooh aaah missus). It's like well if you don't take this offer then we will take the other guy. I think Deneboom is being used to make the Lith sign, of course I could be wrong, cynical me. The Lith is fit Deneboom isn't. I think the more players we have playing for a contract the better the effort. We can't afford high wages as an incentive so the next best thing is play for a contract. Just look at the difference in Ian Murray's performance in the season leading up to a new contract compared to after he got it. It's for the best I'm sure. I wonder also though how much Hibs are thinking about Byrne being ready next season, anyone heard. He might be another that we let go or not, I don't know.

Spike Mandela
10-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Does anyone else feel all the recent signings smack of desperation a little bit and come across a wee bit John Collins'esque'.?

flash
10-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Does anyone else feel all the recent signings smack of desperation a little bit and come across a wee bit John Collins'esque'.?

Yes. You do. Personally i will at least wait until i see them.

easty
10-09-2010, 11:30 AM

Not me. I think Duffy is a good signing and the lad Grounds can play at LB(and has done so at a good level), which is a position we were looking for someone.

Dont know anything about Dickoh yet like.

Andy74
10-09-2010, 11:39 AM

In what way?

ahibby
10-09-2010, 11:45 AM

No I don't feel that way.

KWJ
10-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I want Trakys

Jones28
10-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Not me. I think Duffy is a good signing and the lad Grounds can play at LB(and has done so at a good level), which is a position we were looking for someone.

Dont know anything about Dickoh yet like.

Hes brilliant on fifa :greengrin

--------
10-09-2010, 11:57 AM

Not really.

For one thing, none of them have been recommended by Uncle Toamy.

ahibby
10-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Not really.

For one thing, none of them have been recommended by Uncle Toamy.

Good point and well phrased:agree:

Captain Trips
10-09-2010, 12:10 PM
This year's season ticket money. The club announced yesterday that the wages:turnover ratio is currently too high and needs to be reduced. Does anybody doubt that the Board is actively planning to do just that, given their track record? The better option would be to increase turnover rather than cut the salary budget - however, in a recession that may not be possible. Hence my view that the club is not committing at the moment to longer contracts until it sees the lie of the (financial) land a bit better - it maybe sees it as too risky at the moment to give players contracts for two or three years at current salary levels.

The players have signed for 1 year as you say based on Season ticket money, so therefore we must be able to afford the wages this season which has no effect for seasons 2 and 3 where we will again get new season ticket money and also realese some players who will have a contract ending. IMO to much of a shop window going on here we need to start stabilising this squad 3 and now possibly 4 short term deals plus other players who have a contract ending is to much IMO.

If any of these players were deemed good enough we should have been looking to get them in for the present and future.

Stevie Reid
10-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I like the sound of the Lithuanian and he seems much closer to match fitness than Denneboom, and for that reason I think we will sign him.

One year deal seems to make perfect sense to me, he's 31 meaning good experience and not far from his peak, but we also don't know how he will cope with the SPL or whether injuries may start to taking longer for him to recover from - a one year deal also keeps him hungry and is a great motivational factor. Given his age I doubt we'd risk losing him to any bigger rivals if he performs well.

Spike Mandela
10-09-2010, 12:39 PM
In what way?

Just the late nature of the deals and the mixed bag of loans and short term deals.

They don't seem the kind of deals that Yogi has been working on and researching for months or in his words 'class 'a' players to take the club forward.

Hopefully these players do bring quality and a more resolute team in the short term but can't comment till we've seen them play.

GloryGlory
10-09-2010, 01:25 PM
The players have signed for 1 year as you say based on Season ticket money, so therefore we must be able to afford the wages this season which has no effect for seasons 2 and 3 where we will again get new season ticket money and also realese some players who will have a contract ending. IMO to much of a shop window going on here we need to start stabilising this squad 3 and now possibly 4 short term deals plus other players who have a contract ending is to much IMO.

If any of these players were deemed good enough we should have been looking to get them in for the present and future.

Yes, but unless season ticket money next year goes up substantially, the club are still looking at cutting the salary budget to get the wages:turnover ratio down. If we don't do well in the cups/league and attendances continue to fall, that's a double whammy to the salary budget next year. Plus there probably isn't going to be the transfer income to cushion the blow.

Hence my contention that the club are playing ultra safe and could even be preparing a worst-case scenario of cutting the size of the playing squad next year if things go badly this season. Easier to do if you have short deals/loans.

Andy74
10-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Just the late nature of the deals and the mixed bag of loans and short term deals.

They don't seem the kind of deals that Yogi has been working on and researching for months or in his words 'class 'a' players to take the club forward.

Hopefully these players do bring quality and a more resolute team in the short term but can't comment till we've seen them play.

So we've got Duffy who Hughes knows inside out and has kept in touch with since he last worked with him. We needed pace and a different option and that doesn't seem like any sort of panic to me. The conscious decision not to take Gow back shows that this was thought through allright.

Grounds, again Hughes has sadi he has been watching sine he was a youth player. he fits exactly into the type of player he sadi he was looking at adding with a physical presence and ability on the ball.

Dickoh - people had been asking for a centre half since Hughes arrived. He's taken his time, he's done is homework and got a player with presence, experience and a good pedigree.

He's explained that he has taken Grounds for as long as he can get him at this stage.

Dickoh he's said that he wants him to earn a new deal and same with Duffy.

There's been criticism here that we haven't been using loan deals, then when we do it's too short term thinking!

In terms of the strikers he is doing the opposite of panicking. He's had a few in, talked to a few about deals, sent most away again and is looking to get the right type in with the right atitude and fitness. He didn't rush in fo the end of the window and was happy to look at out of contract players.

Going back I think Stephens, De Graaf and Hart were also all addressing things we needed and again we took our time with them when people had been saying at previous windows that we needed those type of players.

When he talked about quality players what were you expecting? International players? Players who have played 90 odd times in the Dutch Premier league? Captain of a Dutch premier league team? Players with recent EPL experience?

Phil D. Rolls
10-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Quite frankly I'd rather have Oranjeboom.

Verdict: Hughes guilty of pandering to base elements of Hibs support by suggesting that they are getting a free case of lager.

BEEJ
10-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I want Trakys
I'm a bit uneasy about:

a) the number of clubs he's had;
b) tales of 'contract issues' with his previous club bringing that arrangement to an abrupt end.

However, I'm sure the club is taking all that into consideration.

Spike Mandela
10-09-2010, 03:44 PM
So we've got Duffy who Hughes knows inside out and has kept in touch with since he last worked with him. We needed pace and a different option and that doesn't seem like any sort of panic to me. The conscious decision not to take Gow back shows that this was thought through allright.
in other words ex Falkirk player again

Grounds, again Hughes has sadi he has been watching sine he was a youth player. he fits exactly into the type of player he sadi he was looking at adding with a physical presence and ability on the ball. till January and he seen him once in a friendly

Dickoh - people had been asking for a centre half since Hughes arrived. He's taken his time, he's done is homework and got a player with presence, experience and a good pedigree. ability remains to be seen

He's explained that he has taken Grounds for as long as he can get him at this stage.a more permanent solution is what Hibs need IMO

Dickoh he's said that he wants him to earn a new deal and same with Duffy. or if any good free to join any club next season

There's been criticism here that we haven't been using loan deals, then when we do it's too short term thinking!short term deals are by definition short term thinking

In terms of the strikers he is doing the opposite of panicking. He's had a few in, talked to a few about deals, sent most away again and is looking to get the right type in with the right atitude and fitness. He didn't rush in fo the end of the window and was happy to look at out of contract players. or lost Stokes when he hoped to hold on to him

Going back I think Stephens, De Graaf and Hart were also all addressing things we needed and again we took our time with them when people had been saying at previous windows that we needed those type of players. I was talking about the recent signings

When he talked about quality players what were you expecting? International players? Players who have played 90 odd times in the Dutch Premier league? Captain of a Dutch premier league team? Players with recent EPL experience?Players like Miller, Riordan, Stokes or say Stephens on long term deals

Time will tell I suppose Andy

blairwallace
10-09-2010, 05:15 PM
the lith, as i can see a song similar to the nade song coming from the yams being aimed at denneboom

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e1/Romano_Denneboom.jpg