PDA

View Full Version : The Carrick on Loch Lomond Membership Offer

Godsahibby
09-09-2010, 10:37 AM
I got an email through earlier with a deal for annual membership at the Carrick on Loch Lomond.

A years membership for £295, no joining fee!

There was no link on the email but you can get more info by phoning 01389 713 666.

Houchy
09-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I got an email through earlier with a deal for annual membership at the Carrick on Loch Lomond.

A years membership for £295, no joining fee!

There was no link on the email but you can get more info by phoning 01389 713 666.

Thats a fantastic deal. Sure it's £100+ per round. If I was able to drive, i'd be up for that.

Godsahibby
09-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I think it's closer to the £200 mark for a round.

Sylar
09-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Anyone fancy a trial round? I have a free pass I need to use for the Carrick!

Houchy
09-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Anyone fancy a trial round? I have a free pass I need to use for the Carrick!

I would do but feel it would be wasted on me as I'm 3 months into a 6-9 month break from the game. Not even looked at a club for 3 months never mind swing one.

Houchy
09-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I think it's closer to the £200 mark for a round.

It's surely not more than the Old Course?

Just looked here: http://www.cameronhouse.co.uk/cameron-house/golf/green-fees.html

£125

3 rounds over the year and you've got your money back:agree:

I looked at joining before I joined Bathgate as it's a course I've always wanted to play but it was over £1000 IIRC and when its that far away, I thought "how often would you really play it". I'm sure i'd manage more than 3 rounds though:agree:.

Sylar
09-09-2010, 01:48 PM
In all honesty, having played it once before, it's nothing special. A course of 2 halves really - the back 9 is fairly beautiful, but the front looks very new and still wasn't set in properly.

Lots of wasteland areas (I mean like dumping area for excess ground/materials) and not brilliantly maintained.

Houchy
09-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Also from the site:

The Carrick is just one of the courses you can use as part of the new De Vere Club golf membership. When you join, you can pick Cameron House as your ‘home’ club. And for a Membership fee of just £295 you not only get to play here, but also at any of our other De Vere golf clubs throughout the UK.

Isn't the belfry also a De Vere golf club?

Houchy
09-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Just looked into this a bit more and it's not as straight forward as it would first seem:confused:

The £295 gets you membership to the "De Vere golf club" plus 100 points which you use to pay for your green fees. "Rounds of golf start at 2 points" (I don't know how many you need for each course).

It states that you nominate your "Home course" ie the Carrick, but it doesn't state if you need to use any of your 100 points to play your home course or if your home course is like any other golf membership ie unlimited golf included (I can't see it somehow) so that would have to be looked at further before jumping in.

H18sry
09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I e-mailed them this morning asking what a membership entitled you to, but I have yet to receive an answer,:greengrin if I do I will post the reply on here :wink:

Houchy
10-09-2010, 12:40 PM
I e-mailed them this morning asking what a membership entitled you to, but I have yet to receive an answer,:greengrin if I do I will post the reply on here :wink:

Nice one RY.:agree:

Godsahibby
10-09-2010, 01:45 PM
I emailed the guy yesterday, dont have access to my personal email now but from memory, the membership entitled you to a number of Credits, from what he said you should get between 10 and 18 rounds for your money, I'm guessing it costs more Credits to play at more popular times.

It did also give you access to any other De Vere course where you could use your Credits.

Still a goodish deal if you can be flexible on the times you play.

H18sry
21-09-2010, 04:58 PM

Amswer :greengrin

Greetings,

Many thanks for your interest in our special membership offering for just £295. If you take the membership option of £295 and join the Carrick by 30th September you will receive a free four ball worth £199. The four ball can be used at anytime but, must be played by the 31st October 2010. The membership details and benefits are also listed below:

Individual Membership

£295.00 you receive 100 points (10-16 rounds)
Every time you play points are deducted (The Carrick averages 8 points per round)
There is an 11 day booking window to book your golf.
There are no restrictions on the amount of golf you wish to play.
You can bring up to 9 guests at one time.
You can top your points up anytime.
You receive 20% discount in the Claret Jug (Mon-Thur)
You receive 20% discount in the Spa
You receive 10% discount in the Golf Shop
You can use your card at any of our other 16 De Vere golf courses.
You receive a members start up pack
Any friend referrals you will receive 20 points per person that joins
You can play in member’s competitions and hold a handicap at the club.
There are limited spaces with this membership

Sylar
21-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Does anyone fancy a hit around this in October sometime?

I have a voucher to use from my Bunkered subscription - there's no expiry date on the voucher, but from October 1st, it's £75 a round, and I don't mind paying for half of whoever fancies tagging along?

H18sry
22-09-2010, 01:33 PM
6813 this aint a bad offer either, :wink:

Houchy
22-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Does anyone fancy a hit around this in October sometime?

I have a voucher to use from my Bunkered subscription - there's no expiry date on the voucher, but from October 1st, it's £75 a round, and I don't mind paying for half of whoever fancies tagging along?

When is that though to Scott as I'm back in hospital on 11th October so it'll be a few months after that before i'm able to play again and given that i've not picked up a club since the longest day challenge, I don't think rushing onto The Carrick would be a great idea for me (or anyone else playing with me to be fair:greengrin).

I'm getting a net installed in my garage so that I have somewhere I can just nip out during the winter and hit balls for a few hours though so I'll hopefully not be out for as long as I first thought.

Godsahibby
23-09-2010, 02:48 PM
When is that though to Scott as I'm back in hospital on 11th October so it'll be a few months after that before i'm able to play again and given that i've not picked up a club since the longest day challenge, I don't think rushing onto The Carrick would be a great idea for me (or anyone else playing with me to be fair:greengrin).

I'm getting a net installed in my garage so that I have somewhere I can just nip out during the winter and hit balls for a few hours though so I'll hopefully not be out for as long as I first thought.

Nets in your garage, loving your work big man...... pimp my garage!

Houchy
23-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Nets in your garage, loving your work big man...... pimp my garage!

:faf::faf:

greenlex
24-09-2010, 01:27 AM
I've heard about his nets in his garage. Fishnets I believe and there a whole lot more than balls getting chipped into them.