PDA

View Full Version : Glen Hoddle soccer academy (Fergus Bell)

RoslinInstHibby
09-09-2010, 08:23 AM
anyone see the article on ssn this morning on Glen Hoddle's sports academy in Spain? basically its for guys who have slipped thru the net or for one reason or another didnt make it at other clubs.

they were talking to a young striker who had recently knocked back a contract from hibs??? apparently he felt if he stayed in the acadmey he could get a bigger club.....

WellingtonHibby
09-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Fergus Bell, is it not?

micksoo
09-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Fergus Bell, is it not?

Yes

RoslinInstHibby
09-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Fergus Bell, is it not?

thats him, cheers couldnt remember the guys name:agree:

Borders Hibby
09-09-2010, 09:16 AM
anyone see the article on ssn this morning on Glen Hoddle's sports academy in Spain? basically its for guys who have slipped thru the net or for one reason or another didnt make it at other clubs.

they were talking to a young striker who had recently knocked back a contract from hibs??? apparently he felt if he stayed in the acadmey he could get a bigger club.....

He was at Hibs, I am confused???

iwasthere1972
09-09-2010, 09:21 AM

Well he obviously doesn't know much about Hibs. A season with us and he would almost be guaranteed a move to Rangers or Celtic. You can't get much bigger than that.

RoslinInstHibby
09-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Well he obviously doesn't know much about Hibs. A season with us and he would almost be guaranteed a move to Rangers or Celtic. You can't get much bigger than that.

it was the 1st i had heard about the offer or the guys name tbh,

iwasthere1972
09-09-2010, 09:37 AM
it was the 1st i had heard about the offer or the guys name tbh,

Me too. Maybe he just said that to whip up some interest because if Hibs were looking at him then he must be good. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
09-09-2010, 09:38 AM
He was at Hibs, I am confused???

Maybe you're not the one who is confused.

WellingtonHibby
09-09-2010, 09:39 AM
He was with the U-19s last season, i believe and rejected a pro contract with the bigger boys. Instead he sought a place at Glen Hoddles school for non disabled boys. ( both he and Jesus hate any other kind...)

LancashireHibby
09-09-2010, 12:20 PM
There was an article in the paper this morning about the Glenn Hoddle Academy - think they've basically taken over a Spanish third division team so that the players get a competitive edge? Believe Dave Beasant and a certain Graham Rix are on the coaching staff.

iwasthere1972
09-09-2010, 12:28 PM
There was an article in the paper this morning about the Glenn Hoddle Academy - think they've basically taken over a Spanish third division team so that the players get a competitive edge? Believe Dave Beasant and a certain Graham Rix are on the coaching staff.

:agree: He was interviewed but I've no idea what he said as I had the volume turned down at the time.

easty
09-09-2010, 12:35 PM
:agree: He was interviewed but I've no idea what he said as I had the volume turned down at the time.

At protest of Rix being on telly?? I'm not in his fan-club or anything but that seems extreme..

iwasthere1972
09-09-2010, 12:43 PM
At protest of Rix being on telly?? I'm not in his fan-club or anything but that seems extreme..

I'm no a bad lip reader mind you and I would swear that he said something along the lines of "Duck........Darts". Thought another protester was out to get him but he came to nothing. Didn't see any flying missiles.

capi
09-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Me too. Maybe he just said that to whip up some interest because if Hibs were looking at him then he must be good. :greengrin

He'd been at Hibs for at least a couple of seasons. Another one picked up from the north-east of England. Scored a few goals and looked one for the future, but was injured for a large part of last season. This might have played some part in Hibs releasing him.

O'Connors Strip will know more. Over to you Nikki.

MyJo
09-09-2010, 01:10 PM
The Glenn Hoddle Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too? :dunno:

hibee92
09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
The Glenn Hoddle Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too? :dunno:

:top marks

anyone who has experience with football manager will know that this academy is the single most annoying thing in the world :agree: maybe an exaggeration but aye :agree:

Skanko79
09-09-2010, 03:23 PM
:top marks

anyone who has experience with football manager will know that this academy is the single most annoying thing in the world :agree: maybe an exaggeration but aye :agree:

couldnt agree more. constant freindly requests :thumbsup:

can you actually go them on FM? never checked.

LancashireHibby
09-09-2010, 03:29 PM
couldnt sgree more. constant freindly requests :thumbsup:

can you actually go them on FM? never checked.

You should do in the new one as they've now linked up with a club in the Spanish league system.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-09-2010, 03:36 PM

:tee hee: :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-09-2010, 04:10 PM

Was something about his main interest will be with the under 16's.:rolleyes:

oconnors_strip
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
He'd been at Hibs for at least a couple of seasons. Another one picked up from the north-east of England. Scored a few goals and looked one for the future, but was injured for a large part of last season. This might have played some part in Hibs releasing him.

O'Connors Strip will know more. Over to you Nikki.

fergus is from durham, an attacking midfielder and came to hibs in 2007 and was a regular used sub for 2 seasons until last season when he was in the starting eleven every week. sadly he broke his leg in decemeber and was out for a few months but he finished joint top goal scorer for the year with 8 goals in 20 games. he then got injured before the end of the season and contract talks stalled even more. fergus really wanted to stay here but with no reserve league he couldnt see himself getting a chance under yogi so decided to move elsewhere. personally i think its been a very good move for him and i can see him finding a team next summer and will be banging the goals in again!

here is a good article with him talking about why he signed for hibs and talking about the cup http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Stevenson39s-rocket-to-fame-with.4981427.jp

Bishop Hibee
09-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Fergus Bell leaving shows the folly of scrapping the reserve league. Another stroke of genius from the SPL. Instead we're left with players farmed out to the SFL and unable to be drafted in to the first team when necessary. We were able to afford the reserve league in the 80's on poor gates, why not now?