PDA

View Full Version : Birthday 3 points

jon paul jones
09-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Strange one

As it happens, my "21st" birthday:wink: falls this Saturday which I always believe creates the opportunity for the present only 11 players +1 manager can give.

I've knocked back the weekend away with the girlfriend and am heading to ER to receive my 3 points and a barnstorming display from Yogi boys.

Got me thinking.....has anyone experienced this random event and did it go right or more predictably Pete Tong.....

Im in the Persevere for lunch and Everton v Man U from 12 if there is a free pint going :greengrin

TamHibs
09-09-2010, 06:19 AM
My 18th birthday party (which was held in one of the function suites at Easter Road) fell the same day as the day we beat Hearts 2-0 the season they finished 2nd. Think it was Boozy & O'Connor who scored our goals that day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
09-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Strange one

As it happens, my "21st" birthday:wink: falls this Saturday which I always believe creates the opportunity for the present only 11 players +1 manager can give.

I've knocked back the weekend away with the girlfriend and am heading to ER to receive my 3 points and a barnstorming display from Yogi boys.

Got me thinking.....has anyone experienced this random event and did it go right or more predictably Pete Tong.....

Im in the Persevere for lunch and Everton v Man U from 12 if there is a free pint going :greengrin

That's what I call dedication. I'm doing nothing at the weekend. :cool2:

Sent from my laptop using my fingers

chrisski33
09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
its my bday too on sat so im hoping the boys win on sat!

aljo7-0
09-09-2010, 10:22 AM
My 40th birthday was the same day as an away game against St Mirren. My wife surprised me by taking me to the game (under the pretence we were going through to see her parents!) and all was well. Unfortunately we lost 1-0 in a dull game that turned out to be Mowbray's last.

It was a well intentioned present at least!

Stevie Reid
09-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Saturday reminds me of a couple of fixtures last season, St. Johnstone at home in September and Hamilton at home in January - two games where we needed to win after shaky spells to get our season right back on track. We won both well (albeit after a sticky patch at the start of the Saints game) - so hopefully we can reciprocate this year.

Two wins from the next two games and things will be looking good - 9 points from the first 5 fixtures. Won't be easy though.

JHanlon
09-09-2010, 11:00 AM
My 23rd looked like it was going to be unreal. It was the Hibs v Rangers game when we scored after 12.4 seconds. Went rapidly downhill after that though :/

Dav1986
09-09-2010, 11:15 AM
My 21st was the day before the cis cup final against killie. Safe to say I don't think i'll experience a weekend as good as that again...

MacBean
09-09-2010, 11:22 AM
I always wanted football manager to make a comment when it had the post match news about games that were played on your birthday as a manager.

My Birthday is always the weekend of International games so I've not had the 3 points birthday feeling for club for a while! Actually i think the last game was the 2-2 home draw with Aberdeen in 2008. We've had a few 2-2 draws with them lately eh!

Steve20
09-09-2010, 11:33 AM
On my 21st Birthday, we were away to Partick. We won 1-0 with a last minute winner, I think.

fat freddy
09-09-2010, 12:03 PM
for my 40th i was taken by a few mates to cardiff for a wales - scotland friendly....spookily enough wales won 4-0

also remember going to clydebank on my 23rd birthday for a scottish cup tie...roughie made a mess of a back pass and gerry mccabe scored the only goal of the game for the bankies.

cabbageandribs1875
09-09-2010, 12:03 PM
my birthday on saturday as well :thumbsup: