PDA

View Full Version : NHC Lee Wallace - Out For 5-6 months - Ligament Damage

Chuck Rhoades
08-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Didn't think the tackle look too bad at first...

Jonnyboy
08-09-2010, 06:06 PM

I feel sorry for the guy TBH. When you look at the tackle the defender makes no attempt to win the ball and swings his boot at mid shin level. Should have been a red card IMO

Twa Cairpets
08-09-2010, 06:07 PM

Och now there's a wee shame.

Nothing against the laddie personally, but a non-serious injury that weakens the yams is always acceptable.

steakbake
08-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Sair yin. Some a-hole did my ligaments in nearly 2 years ago and they still hurt.

Hope he makes a good recovery. Never good to see someone getting an injury which could affect their ability to make their living... even a yam huddy.

Pretty Boy
08-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Shame for the guy. Hope he makes a speedy recovery as it's never nice to see a player pick up a serious injury. I've had ligament damage and i know the pain it causes.

Oh and shotgun i get to make the first joke about shooting pains.:wink:

Albanian Hibs
08-09-2010, 06:12 PM
It was a ridiculous tackle. But if it weakens the yams then thats a good thing.

3pm
08-09-2010, 06:15 PM
I am not that fussed about the national team and I dislike Hearts. However, you don't want that to happen to anyone. Hope he makes a swift recovery.

Jack
08-09-2010, 06:22 PM
It wasn’t the only shocking tackle, Hutton got booked for the one he got and whatshisname got booked for having the cheek to have his face slapped by the keeper! :grr:

Worst refereeing I’ve seen for a long, long time – roll on Saturday I might change my mind. :greengrin

Oh aye, he’s a hearts player. Shame it happened to him in a Scotland jersey, no real shame he’ll not be able to play for them for a while. :cool2:

Should he have been in a Scotland jersey in the first place or was that a Harry Potter bigging up the yams? :confused:

PC Stamp
08-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Sair yin for the laddie. I don't subscribe to this "if it weakens Hearts it's good" business. I'd rather play them every time with their full team out on the park. Far more satisfaction IMHO when the result goes your way knowing they had a full team out.

Alfred E Newman
08-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Sair yin for the laddie. I don't subscribe to this "if it weakens Hearts it's good" business. I'd rather play them every time with their full team out on the park. Far more satisfaction IMHO when the result goes your way knowing they had a full team out.

Hard lines on the laddie. It underlines why clubs are sometimes reluctant to have
high value players away on international duty.
Not a problem we are likely to have as long as Potter is in charge :wink:

Hanny
08-09-2010, 06:35 PM
From the Hearts Official Site:

Hearts were tonight dealt a hammer blow with the news that vice-captain Lee Wallace is set to miss the rest of the season with a torn cruciate ligament.

Manager Jim Jefferies gave his reaction to Hearts News, just minutes after been told the devastating news from the hospital.

"Lee has torn his cruciate ligament, the posterior, and we are looking at six months out of action," he said.

"It appears his season is all but over and that is a hammer blow

Sprouleflyer
08-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Shame for the guy, he is a very good left back.

You've got to feel it for the Hearts support........................................NOT !!!!!!

Oh dear, whats Vlad gonna do, no money received in the last transfer window and likely no money for January as Driver no doubt will be along side Wallace on the treatment table.

How much were Hearts to bring in on transfers evey season to have any hope of reducing the debt?????

Mikey
08-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Ouch! It's never nice to hear of a fellow Hibs fan being injured like that.

I wonder if Hearts will bring Zaliukas back into the fold.

I wonder of Vlad will kick up a fuss and go looking for compensation.

Either way, that's a major blow for Hearts. He's pretty much their only good player.

Barney McGrew
08-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Driver no doubt will be along side Wallace on the treatment table.

...and Kyle, and Elliott..............

Andy74
08-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Ah well. False sympathy for guys making a great deal of cash who could also get a real job if it comes to it isn't my thing!

Good player who will be missed by Hearts so that can only be good.

essexhibee
08-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Was a disgraceful challenge, as was the treatment handed out to to Hutton.

Feel every sympathy for the guy hope he recovers quickly.

Sergey
08-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Ouch! It's never nice to hear of a fellow Hibs fan being injured like that.

I wonder if Hearts will bring Zaliukas back into the fold.

I wonder of Vlad will kick up a fuss and go looking for compensation.

Either way, that's a major blow for Hearts. He's pretty much their only good player.

Agree, Mikey.

Ironically, they've a Lith on loan by the apt name of Snapkauskas as a replacement :agree:

PaulSmith
08-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Sympathy for Wallace but for the arse holes who frequent kickback etc who took great delight in Zemamma's injury, karma.

sixtwo
08-09-2010, 07:27 PM
when i take of my green tinted specs, I can see he is a cracking player. He is always a threat going forward and i've never seen him have a bad game against us. That said, it's good news for us that he is out for a fair bit. Any bad news from tynie is good news for me!

Hibernia Na Eir
08-09-2010, 07:29 PM
its a win-win situation:thumbsup:

Saorsa
08-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Hard cheese :bye:

Chuck Rhoades
08-09-2010, 07:32 PM
its a win-win situation:thumbsup:

Explain?

Davy Mac
08-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Sair yin. Some a-hole did my ligaments in nearly 2 years ago and they still hurt.

Hope he makes a good recovery. Never good to see someone getting an injury which could affect their ability to make their living... even a yam huddy.

I have to say I agree with you.

Did my ligiaments 3 years ago now and have all sorts of other complications with other parts of my leg, ankle, feet etc.

Still playing but you're right, it still hurts.

Slow recovery for him but I wish him well.

Riordans Boots
08-09-2010, 07:45 PM
:
I feel sorry for the guy TBH. When you look at the tackle the defender makes no attempt to win the ball and swings his boot at mid shin level. Should have been a red card IMO

:agree: A shocking tackle with studs :bitchy: I feel sorry for LW. (A good Hibby tae :agree:)

Broken Gnome
08-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Not good for Scotland, much rather have him there, he's a lot better than he's shown for the national side in his fleeting appearances so far. Of course, if his initial touch wasn't so rubbish to make the defender even think a challenge was worthwhile.... Totally avoidable.

Woody1985
08-09-2010, 07:54 PM
My mate on facebook.

My mate Gutted about wallace. I hope Romanov sues the SFA . Sfa **** **** ****
about an hour ago via Facebook for iPhone · Comment · Like

Woody How long is he out for?

My mate Rest of season.

Woody Likes this. :faf:

I just done it to wind him up, I'm not fussed about Wallace either way. Occupational hazard unfortunately.

Kaiser1962
08-09-2010, 08:03 PM

Yip. Thought it was a fairly innocuous challenge, a bit clumsy but the kind you see most weeks in the league. If thats the case I fear he may a bit injury prone which is a pity. I take no pleasure from this.

Kaiser1962
08-09-2010, 08:05 PM

and Driver.............

lapsedhibee
08-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Driver no doubt will be along side Wallace on the treatment table.

and Driver.............

and Wallace ......

Toaods
08-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Not remotely interested in the guy but delighted a potential bailout for the Yams has gone.

Iggy Pope
08-09-2010, 08:25 PM
:

:agree: A shocking tackle with studs :bitchy: I feel sorry for LW. (A good Hibby tae :agree:)

He might welll be a Hibby but he's hardly what you could describe as a good one, cutting about in a ****ing Hertz strip every week.

Not high on the Uberhibby-o-meter that one, really.

It was a poor touch followed by a poorer tackle, but I'm surprised there's many bothered an erse about it on here.
The tackle on Hutton was much, much worse but I doubt he'd have got much sympathy if it had seriously hurt him.

col02
08-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Wish the guy well as unlike quite a few Hibs fans I follow Scotland with more passion and think he will be a big loss with Whittaker likely to cover for him at left back unless Levein goes with Robson there.

Skanko79
08-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Should give him plenty time to improve on his gunslinging skills...............

Cabbage East
08-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Nae luck :greengrin

Iggy Pope
08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Wish the guy well as unlike quite a few Hibs fans I follow Scotland with more passion and think he will be a big loss with Whittaker likely to cover for him at left back unless Levein goes with Robson there.

I'm finding a lot of the outpouring sympathy a wee bit patronising, sanctimonious even.
All this 'hard luck on the laddie' rings a bit hollow.
Fair enough if you follow Scotland with more passion (than you do Hibs?) but if he had got stretchered off in a derby at ER the stretcher bearers would have got cheered off the pitch with him, the vast majority chuffed at the fact that the plums were their best man down.

delbert
08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
However every cloud has a silver lining, he can sit on his couch each day and practice shooting pigeons out his living room window with his airgun. Also there's a vacancy now for a left sided player in the Scotland squad, so lets get the 'Derek Riordan Scotlands new left back' campaign kicked off, because it may well be the only way that w*nk harry Potter will consider picking him for the Scotland squad, complete t0$$er that he is.

bighairyfaeleith
08-09-2010, 08:37 PM
immature I know but.....
:lolyam:

Riordans Boots
08-09-2010, 08:39 PM
He might welll be a Hibby but he's hardly what you could describe as a good one, cutting about in a ****ing Hertz strip every week.

Not high on the Uberhibby-o-meter that one, really.

It was a poor touch followed by a poorer tackle, but I'm surprised there's many bothered an erse about it on here.
The tackle on Hutton was much, much worse but I doubt he'd have got much sympathy if it had seriously hurt him.

Any player being tackled in that way - especially when playing for the National Team has to be stretchered off the pitch .... that's not to feel sorry for :confused: ... get a grip.

And as for Hertz, I couldn't give a flying one actually.

Hardly a Hibby - a Good Hibby - The Biggest Hibby :rolleyes:

col02
08-09-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm finding a lot of the outpouring sympathy a wee bit patronising, sanctimonious even.
All this 'hard luck on the laddie' rings a bit hollow.
Fair enough if you follow Scotland with more passion (than you do Hibs?) but if he had got stretchered off in a derby at ER the stretcher bearers would have got cheered off the pitch with him, the vast majority chuffed at the fact that the plums were their best man down.

You honestly think it is a moral thing to cheer a player being injured because he happens to play for a rival team? I know that we have some ****bags in our support but to wish any ill on a football player because they play for a rival side is just plain sad imho!

Wembley67
08-09-2010, 08:45 PM
You honestly think it is a moral thing to cheer a player being injured because he happens to play for a rival team? I know that we have some ****bags in our support but to wish any ill on a football player because they play for a rival side is just plain sad imho!

Each to their own Col, personally I couldn't give a **** what happens to him - sad? Probably in some eyes but not really bothered about what others think.

I feel sorry for the national team as he is a decent player but outwith that I'm not bothered in the slightest.

frazeHFC
08-09-2010, 08:46 PM

I feel sorry for him, but not sorry for Hearts losing their best player for most of the season.

Plus never mind ill, Hertz fans were slagging Scott Browns sister who died i tihnk? Singing abuse directly at him. That is sick.

bighairyfaeleith
08-09-2010, 08:46 PM

your right it is wrong to wish injury on someone, however it's also ridiculous to offer pretend sympathy when you clearly don't mean it.

Not suggesting thats you, I'm sure your sympathy is entirely real. However while not wishing him any injury I couldn't care less if he does get injured.

Carheenlea
08-09-2010, 08:48 PM
but if he had got stretchered off in a derby at ER the stretcher bearers would have got cheered off the pitch with him

I find the vast majority of Hibs fans usually respond with a sympathetic round of applause when any opposing players are stretchered off the park.

Fair enough, nobody on here is a lover of Hearts, but while there are plenty of reasons for us to laugh at them, bad injuries to one of their players should not really be one of them (at least not by anyone over the age of 20).

Andy74
08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
See when they all start the crap about vlad suing the sfa. I hope a few of the fans do their knees on the stairs too.

CropleyWasGod
08-09-2010, 08:56 PM
I find the vast majority of Hibs fans usually respond with a sympathetic round of applause when any opposing players are stretchered off the park.

).

:agree: it happened in THAT game at H*mpden when Goncalves got a nasty one.

scotia44
08-09-2010, 09:01 PM
:

Hope the lad makes a full recovery, type of injury the can affect careers

anyway riordans boots seen yer man at the maribor game not seen you yet the auld dears has been quiet afore the game:greengrin

Toaods
08-09-2010, 09:02 PM
:agree: it happened in THAT game at H*mpden when Goncalves got a nasty one.

another piece of Konte magic that goes without due credit...:greengrin

Riordans Boots
08-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Hope the lad makes a full recovery, type of injury the can affect careers

anyway riordans boots seen yer man at the maribor game not seen you yet the auld dears has been quiet afore the game:greengrin

:agree:

Yae missin me :greengrin

Mikey
08-09-2010, 09:32 PM
This also means that FJK is going to have to appoint another captain. How many is that this week? :greengrin

Stevie Reid
08-09-2010, 09:35 PM
He is probably their best attacker as well as their best defender. Very good left sided centre half when required too.

since90plustwo
08-09-2010, 10:12 PM
it shouldn't matter who he playes for or who he supports tbh, its just plain wrong and disrespectful laughing at someone with such a bad injury and just cause the **** laughed at us doesnt mean we laugh at them which makes us just as bad, hope he makes a quick recovery

Albanian Hibs
09-09-2010, 12:27 AM
I couldn't give a flying one tbh. He will still be able to pick up his massive pay cheque at the end of the week .....(I forgot, it's hertz we are talking about, so maybe not :wink:)

Andy74
09-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Why is it wrong laughing at an injury? In what way is it a tragedy? He misses a few months of a career others can only dream of. So what really? It'll be a bit sore and all that but big deal, occupational hazard. I'm sure he really gives a toss about my work problems.

Toaods
09-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Why is it wrong laughing at an injury? In what way is it a tragedy? He misses a few months of a career others can only dream of. So what really? It'll be a bit sore and all that but big deal, occupational hazard. I'm sure he really gives a toss about my work problems.

I suspect all the needless concern is due to the fact that he's such a fine, upstanding citizen in the community.

bighairyfaeleith
09-09-2010, 06:33 AM

would you like to tell us all your work issues, would that make you feel better?:greengrin

Steve-O
09-09-2010, 07:00 AM
I'll no sleep the night worrying aboot the poor laddie :boo hoo:

hibby al
09-09-2010, 07:09 AM
hope he recovers well and eventually gets his move away from them
on a side note do the sfa/eufa not have a pot of money/insurance that
pay players medical bills when injured on national duty so no need for the
mad one to even think about suing the sfa

bawheid
09-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Lee who?

in-me-pocket
09-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Surprised there's been no mention of the fact that it was his own stupid fault for not controlling the ball properly in the first place. If an international player can't even trap an easy ball then he deserves to have a 6 month break in my opinion.

Judas Iscariot
09-09-2010, 08:02 AM
**** him..

He plays for they manky *******s so nae joy..

I really don't get this "oh I wouldn't wish that injury on anyone" pish..

I've had a fair few dull yins in my time and I can guarantee that the folk who played against me couldn't of cared any less..

It's football, it happens, he's a Hertz prick..

See you efter Xmas Gun :bye:

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Gutted for the lad.:fibber:

Gutted for his country.:fibber::fibber:

But most of all, gutted for his club.:fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibb er::fibber::

Judas Iscariot
09-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Gutted for the lad.:fibber:

Gutted for his country.:fibber::fibber:

But most of all, gutted for his club.:fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibb er::

:top marks

basehibby
09-09-2010, 08:38 AM
That's a shocker and goes to show how weak the ref was in letting all eleven of these Litchenstein cloggers stay on the park for 90mins :grr::grr::grr:

I've every sympathy for Wallace himself - but every cloud has a silver lining - the Yams are spewin' and will be without a key player for the rest of the season :cool2:

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2010, 08:58 AM
What a disappointing thread. There is a distinct lack of posters taking the sanctimonious, self-righteous route of bigging themselves up as superiour human beings by taking to task posters who use a football fans forum to abstractly celebrate bad news for their rivals.

So it looks like it falls on poor ole Bobby here to sprint like a lemming to that moral high ground we all secretly covet.

"Disgusted that anybody could laugh at an injury to another human being. What sort of homes do those people come from? Have they never seen or experienced pain and suffering? I've never yet seen a thread that makes me ashamed of my club, my country, and yes, my status as a member of the human race, but this one certainly hits that button. Admins, I besiege thee: remove this foul travesty forthwith!"

-Roberto Stewartado

Hibernia Na Eir
09-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Explain?

He plays for Hearts.

He's bust his leg.

Win Win.:greengrin

HibbyAndy
09-09-2010, 10:45 AM
That is a serious hammer blow to Hearts:agree:

There best player by a mile and he's out for the season.

Wouldnt exactly say i couldnt sleep last night upon hearing the news that Hearts best player is OUT for the whole season.

MB62
09-09-2010, 11:02 AM
hope he recovers well and eventually gets his move away from them
on a side note do the sfa/eufa not have a pot of money/insurance that
pay players medical bills when injured on national duty so no need for the
mad one to even think about suing the sfa

That is my belief also.

LW's heavy touch on the ball brought the tackle out but it was the way he fell rather than the actual tackle that caused the problem. It reminded me a bit of Erich Schaedler when bombed down the left, got involved in a similar tackle, but he just rolled over, got up and crossed for Gordon to head home number SEVEN :thumbsup:

The tackle on Hutton was a lot worse, a shocker, and he was a lucky man. Wallace was unlucky and I feel a bit sorry for the laddie. If our level of ambition is to take delight at a serious injury to one of rivals then we are really are in a worse state than even I imagined.

New stand, new pitch, good accounts, but dodgy team = delight at injury to rivals - get a life.

bawheid
09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
That is a serious hammer blow to Hearts:agree:

There best player by a mile and he's out for the season.

Wouldnt exactly say i couldnt sleep last night upon hearing the news that Hearts best player is OUT for the whole season.

What's that Andy? Did you say Hearts best player is out for the whole season?

My goodness, that is a blow. Their best player?

What a shame. :agree:

HibbyAndy
09-09-2010, 11:14 AM
What's that Andy? Did you say Hearts best player is out for the whole season?

My goodness, that is a blow. Their best player?

What a shame. :agree:

Their best player by a mile, What an engine oan the laddie, Patrols up and down that left flank like he's oan steroids.

Mega mega blow for the Pubteamers

bawheid
09-09-2010, 11:17 AM

Their best player by a mile, What an engine oan the laddie, Patrols up and down that left flank like he's oan steroids.

Mega mega blow for the Pubteamers

Such a shame for them. That could really harm their season.

I wonder if the manager will be allocated funds to bring in a replacement?

HibbyAndy
09-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Such a shame for them. That could really harm their season.

I wonder if the manager will be allocated funds to bring in a replacement?

Bigtime :agree:

Maybe they could bring in Zalukias from the cold and forget about him wanting in excess of 20K plus to play for the team that gave him his break in football and made him club captain once upon a time. :dunno:

bawheid
09-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Bigtime :agree:

Maybe they could bring in Zalukias from the cold and forget about him wanting in excess of 20K plus to play for the team that gave him his break in football and made him club captain once upon a time. :dunno:

Whatever happens Andy, I'm sure it'll be the manager's decision. :agree:

heretoday
09-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Just heard about the Wallace injury. Too bad, pal. Get some beers and DvDs in and put your feet up.

These occasions are rare but rewarding opportunities to glimpse the depressive side of Jim Jefferies nature. He's usually such a cheery chap too!

On the news he sounded like Caruso about to go into the really sad number from Pagliacci.

Danny_Hibee
09-09-2010, 03:15 PM
That is my belief also.

LW's heavy touch on the ball brought the tackle out but it was the way he fell rather than the actual tackle that caused the problem. It reminded me a bit of Erich Schaedler when bombed down the left, got involved in a similar tackle, but he just rolled over, got up and crossed for Gordon to head home number SEVEN :thumbsup:

The tackle on Hutton was a lot worse, a shocker, and he was a lucky man. Wallace was unlucky and I feel a bit sorry for the laddie. If our level of ambition is to take delight at a serious injury to one of rivals then we are really are in a worse state than even I imagined.

New stand, new pitch, good accounts, but dodgy team = delight at injury to rivals - get a life.

It was the tackle that caused the problem, damage to the PCL is caused when the knee is bent and an object forcefully hits the shin which is where the defenders boot connected with Wallace.

Thankfully for him he doesnt need an op and will be back in 10 weeks

Geo_1875
09-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Wasn't the boot that made contact. It was shin to shin.

Danny_Hibee
09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Wasn't the boot that made contact. It was shin to shin.

Sorry about getting that wrong. My point was it was the tackle, not the way he landed that injured him

hibee_nation
09-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Positives from this are that .22 slug makers will get an upsurge in sales.
Downside well there ain't any unless you are a pigeon so good result all round.

PaulSmith
09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
It was the tackle that caused the problem, damage to the PCL is caused when the knee is bent and an object forcefully hits the shin which is where the defenders boot connected with Wallace.

Thankfully for him he doesnt need an op and will be back in 10 weeks

Wallace?

Danny_Hibee
09-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Wallace?

Yep

Diclonius
09-09-2010, 04:42 PM
So who's their captain now?

HibbyAndy
09-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Yep

Thought he was rules out for at least 6 months?

Edit : Oan the news.

Iggy Pope
09-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Any player being tackled in that way - especially when playing for the National Team has to be stretchered off the pitch .... that's not to feel sorry for :confused: ... get a grip.

And as for Hertz, I couldn't give a flying one actually.

Hardly a Hibby - a Good Hibby - The Biggest Hibby :rolleyes:

What?

Sad it might be, but it won't stop happening. As Hibbbies we wish nothing but 'ill' on Hertz, their players and their fans on a monotounously regular basis on these very boards.
I never said I approved or found it morally sound to cheer off an injured player. I was questioning the morals of those grieving 'the laddie' for getting a sair leg.

Big deal IMHO.
No-one died.

I for one would be glad to see the back of him early on in any Derby, so would all Hibbies I know who attend games and none, as gar as I know, are ****bags.

The Voice Of Reason
09-09-2010, 06:42 PM
I think it is despicable that there are so called Hibs "fans" on here gloating over Lee Wallace's injury. A sad state of affairs when we stoop to that level gentlemen.

If you believe that you will believe anything......all together now :-

"LETS ALL LAUGH AT JAM TARTS, LETS ALL LAUGH AT JAM TARTS, HA HA HA HA, HA HA HA HA" :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
So who's their captain now?

That all depends on what Vlad tells FJK.

Riordans Boots
10-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Thought he was rules out for at least 6 months?

Edit : Oan the news.

Apparently not as bad as originally thought http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Lee-Wallace-could-be-back.6523900.jp

He'll no be playin the Derby tho :greengrin

hibeesdude
10-09-2010, 11:53 AM
So the sfa will cover the costs of his wages and medical bills.... What's the chances of him becoming the jambos highest paid player on say £1.95m a week.... Out for 5 mths ;0)

allezsauzee
10-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Is there any truth to the rumour he calls his favourite air gun Gromit?

Green_one
10-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Whilst I am glad for the guy at a personal level, is this not the second Hearts player that has been 'out for most of the season' but then coming back much quicker? This seems to be a trend in football to report the injuries overly negatively. Our own Hart and Riordan was initially out for a long spell after the Rangers game.

I seldon listen too them now, especially the early 'analysis'. People like Charlie Nicholas make themselves sound like Senior Hospital Consultants. :confused: