PDA

View Full Version : Crowd expected for saturday? and seating help

RickyS
08-09-2010, 03:09 PM
What size of crowd do we think there will be on saturday? I was thinking 10-11k, but I have a wee issue. I'm a season ticket holder in the middle of the East, my two boys have never liked the footy before despite several attempts, but they have said they are willing to try again (goals please Hibs:greengrin) but I tried the online ticketing and there seems to be no availability for 2 tickets near me. so I was wondering what everyones thoughts would be on

(A) if there will be a cash gate as normal for the East?

and

(B) if it will be quiet enough that I could go and sit with them at the FF end of the stand were it used to be a bit quieter?

they are 8 and 6 and I don't think I could trust them to set by themselves, thoughts appreciated :notworthy:

JimBHibees
08-09-2010, 03:14 PM
What size of crowd do we think there will be on saturday? I was thinking 10-11k, but I have a wee issue. I'm a season ticket holder in the middle of the East, my two boys have never liked the footy before despite several attempts, but they have said they are willing to try again (goals please Hibs:greengrin) but I tried the online ticketing and there seems to be no availability for 2 tickets near me. so I was wondering what everyones thoughts would be on

and

(B) if it will be quiet enough that I could go and sit with them at the FF end of the stand were it used to be a bit quieter?

they are 8 and 6 and I don't think I could trust them to set by themselves, thoughts appreciated :notworthy:

I would be amazed if you werent able to get 3 seats together on Saturday and there is bound to be a cash gate also.

micksoo
08-09-2010, 03:14 PM
if you go to the ticket office they will allow you to move your seat and get 3 together

RickyS
08-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I would be amazed if you werent able to get 3 seats together on Saturday and there is bound to be a cash gate also.

i thought so to but wondered if the East's new found popularity would hinder me!

RickyS
08-09-2010, 03:34 PM
if you go to the ticket office they will allow you to move your seat and get 3 together

will give that a try tomorrow:thumbsup:

KdyHby
08-09-2010, 04:26 PM
will give that a try tomorrow:thumbsup:

Did it today, no bother

SloopJB
08-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Checked the information on the official website. You can buy a ticket in person from the ticket office during normal opening hours, hopefully you know what they are.
Doesn't mention anything about cash at the gate so do you assume that it is not taken as it isn't mentioned or do you assume that it is taken as it doesn't mention that you can't pay cash at the gate.

fat freddy
08-09-2010, 07:49 PM
if you'd got them hibs kids membership for a tenner each you would have got each of them a free ticket for the i.c.t. match...and the motherwell match on the 13th november, st.mirren, 4th december and killie on the 12th of feb.

down-the-slope
08-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Just as well I read this..I thought match was Sunday @ 2.15pm :rolleyes:

Jones28
08-09-2010, 08:35 PM

and

There will plenty spare seats, just go and sit in a spare 3 :agree:

Alfred E Newman
08-09-2010, 09:10 PM
As an established doom and gloomer I predict our newly completed stadium will be half empty. :agree:

mcaitchi
08-09-2010, 09:21 PM
There will plenty spare seats, just go and sit in a spare 3 :agree:

yeah, its not nice - but there will be plenty of seats to sit in !!!

you could probably take a bus load - and all sit together ???

yes il be there - but football ticket prices need to come down !!!!!! :grr:

i was going to go to weegieland last night to watch the scotland game - and for me and the wife - it was £50 quid at least - and thats just two tickets !!!!

before the cost of petrol, pies and bovril and pint before the game !!!

so we went to local pub, spent just over 20 quid on 4 pints each, and had a great night !! apart from the fitba, and maybe the result - it was a great night..

but i feel for clubs and even country when we seeing empty stadiums !!!

i remember my papa - telling how he couldnt get into hamden - because it was already full - with the likes of 98k and he couldnt get into easter rd cos he was in the pub and by the time he got there - at 2.35pm it was full with like 65k...

wow - dont it make you think that football has priced the worker out off the place !! and some may call it " Social Cleansing " ???

look at killie - begging for funds, hearts are a fax away from closing ??

motherwell are no far away,

cmon - lets get back to charging a fiver or something ???

more crowds, more atmosphere, more pies sold etc etc !!!!

sorry folks - rant over.. and so is scottish fitba...

:bye:

Ed De Gramo
08-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Just as well I read this..I thought match was Sunday @ 2.15pm :rolleyes:

:tee hee:

Saturday football won't catch on....mark my words

RickyS
08-09-2010, 10:30 PM
if you'd got them hibs kids membership for a tenner each you would have got each of them a free ticket for the i.c.t. match...and the motherwell match on the 13th november, st.mirren, 4th december and killie on the 12th of feb.

was going to ask about that tomorrow but when I read the article on the fishul site it seemed to indicate the free kids places were in the FF only?

fat freddy
08-09-2010, 10:58 PM
was going to ask about that tomorrow but when I read the article on the fishul site it seemed to indicate the free kids places were in the FF only?

no,you can get your hibs kids tickets for any part of the ground where seats are available...i was down at the office on tuesday and got two kids tickets for the east for free...the only stipulation is you buy an adult ticket so that the kids are supervised.

Criswell
09-09-2010, 07:55 PM
no,you can get your hibs kids tickets for any part of the ground where seats are available...i was down at the office on tuesday and got two kids tickets for the east for free...the only stipulation is you buy an adult ticket so that the kids are supervised.

Is that a "family" ticket

marinello59
09-09-2010, 08:16 PM

i was going to go to weegieland last night to watch the scotland game - and for me and the wife - it was £50 quid at least - and thats just two tickets !!!!

so we went to local pub, spent just over 20 quid on 4 pints each, and had a great night !! apart from the fitba, and maybe the result - it was a great night..

i remember my papa - telling how he couldnt get into hamden - because it was already full - with the likes of 98k and he couldnt get into easter rd cos he was in the pub and by the time he got there - at 2.35pm it was full with like 65k...

wow - dont it make you think that football has priced the worker out off the place !! and some may call it " Social Cleansing " ???

:faf:

Gettin' Auld
10-09-2010, 09:28 AM

You could always reduce your costs by 50%............Leave the wife at home!! :greengrin

DaveSo
10-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Will Behind The Goals be open tomorrow from 12.30 pm ?