PDA

View Full Version : Wishes For The Season

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Here are my fairly modest wishes both general and specific ...

1) The new signings to bolster our defence and midfield and make us hard to beat.

2) Mark Brown to be the elusive goalkeeping solution.

3) Duffy to confound my expectations and be a decent SPL striker.

4) No personal offense to them but the likes of Hogg, Rankin etc to be replaced by more quality personnel.

5) The emergence of genuine class in the form of Welsh, Booth, Byrne etc and the continued development of Hanlon, Wotherspoon and Galbraith.

6) Riordan making it impossible for Potter not to select him, then telling the four-eyed Yam clown to **** off.

7) Derby victories galore versus the Yams.

8) European qualification.

9) Winning either of the domestic cups.

10) At least two Hampden semis.

11) Crowds to increase.

12) Better football.

All perfectly do-able.

M11BMO
08-09-2010, 02:41 PM

1) The new signings to bolster our defence and midfield and make us hard to beat.

4) No personal offense to them but the likes of Hogg, Rankin etc to be replaced by more quality personnel.

5) The emergence of genuine class in the form of Welsh, Booth, Byrne etc and the continued development of Hanlon, Wotherspoon and Galbraith.

6) Riordan making it impossible for Potter not to select him, then telling the four-eyed Yam clown to **** off.

11) Crowds to increase.

12) Better football.

All perfectly do-able.

Now, which of these wishes do you think will actually happen? :devil:

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Now, which of these wishes do you think will actually happen? :devil:

You can't really go on rationality. It's about faith, sadly. It would be nice if they all did, but i'd settle for half-a-dozen.

M11BMO
08-09-2010, 03:01 PM
You can't really go on rationality. It's about faith, sadly. It would be nice if they all did, but i'd settle for half-a-dozen.

Indeed, we can't have everything at once.

I particularly liked wish number 6. :tee hee:

As for number 2. We could bring Van Der Sar to Easter Road and manage to turn him into one of the worlds worst 'keepers in the matter of 3 training sessions and a league match.

blairwallace
08-09-2010, 04:02 PM

11) Crowds to increase.

12) Better football.

All perfectly do-able.

don't think they will be offended by that:greengrin

CyberSauzee
08-09-2010, 04:19 PM

That statement should be qualified as better quality personnel, as opposed to Yogi quality personnel. :wink:

calumhibee1
08-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Top four, a good run in both cups and some great football and goals will do me. :agree:

Twiglet
08-09-2010, 04:56 PM
My wishes are few.

Top 4 finish
Scottish Cup (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeee eeeeeeeeee)

The_Todd
08-09-2010, 06:57 PM
1: To beat ICT, every time. Please. We can do it.

2: An unbeaten season v the Yams

3: About those South and FF stands: They're getting a bit old. Let's replace them.

Betty Boop
08-09-2010, 07:05 PM
I would like to see Zemmamma back in the team, and Deek to sign a new contract. :greengrin

Riordans Boots
08-09-2010, 11:10 PM

11) Crowds to increase.

12) Better football.

All perfectly do-able.

:tee hee: :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
08-09-2010, 11:32 PM

All perfectly do-able.

Unless you're watching Scotland. :wink:

yekimevol
09-09-2010, 01:44 AM
dont want to be mr downer but 4 me top 6 would make me happy just now

Expecting Rain
09-09-2010, 08:14 AM
I`d like Yogi to cut back on the cliches and references to Barcelona, play players in their proper position, stop substituting our top goalscorer when we`re losing, give an extended run to certain guys in the team notably in the goalkeeping position (Brown) and outfield Galbraith especially now that we have a big wide pitch and to stick with a formation that suits the personel in the team.Is this too much to ask?:boo hoo:

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2010, 08:18 AM

11) Crowds to increase.

12) Better football.

All perfectly do-able.

Whoops - forgot (13 -unlucky for some) Yams to weakened both on and off the park by having a key asset crocked.

basehibby
09-09-2010, 08:31 AM

11) Crowds to increase.

12) Better football.

All perfectly do-able.

That's a pretty comprehensive wish list - like you say though, all perfectly do-able. I'd pretty much concur with the exception that, having forced his way into the reckoning I'd like to see Deeks graciously accept Scotland recognition and bang away a few goals just to show everyone what they've been missing.

My overriding and quite humble wish for Hibs is for them to at least emulate last season by clinching a Euro spot - having started the season by building a new stand, standing still would still be progress if that makes any sense.

Obviously winning the Scottish Cup would be another wish, but I wish that every year so I'll file that one away under long shots along with magic carpets and an extra six inches on my todger!

bawheid
09-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Whoops - forgot (13 -unlucky for some) Yams to weakened both on and off the park by having a key asset crocked.

I fear with the new main stand at Tynecastle nearing completion, the Yams will finally cement their place in the "new level" alongside Celtic, Rangers, Manchester United, Barcelona and AC Milan.

Just look at how they're progressing.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/doingthe116/Hearts%20Main%20Stand%20I.jpg

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2010, 08:41 AM
I fear with the new main stand at Tynecastle nearing completion, the Yams will finally cement their place in the "new level" alongside Celtic, Rangers, Manchester United, Barcelona and AC Milan.

Just look at how they're progressing.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/doingthe116/Hearts%20Main%20Stand%20I.jpg

That boy looks better every time. Admins -can we get a timelapse camera going back to pre-WW1 documenting the changes that have taken place in the big team's showpiece stand?

Aldo
09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Consistency on the park and making us hard to beat.

Would agree with the top 4 finish and good cup runs though but remember we are hibs and do things the hard way (do we not).

euro Hibby
09-09-2010, 10:37 AM
- a 20 goal striker

- a defence that lets in 20 goals less.