PDA

View Full Version : Will We Have Three Debutants On Saturday?

Mikey
08-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Will Dickoh, Grounds and Duffy all play?

None of them played in the closed doors game against Dundee United yesterday so it looks like they might.

seanraff07
08-09-2010, 11:47 AM

None of them played in the closed doors game against Dundee United yesterday so it looks like they might.

Doubt all 3 will start but i think all 3 will play a part at some point.

cockneymike
08-09-2010, 11:52 AM

I'd expect so

Jack
08-09-2010, 11:54 AM

I would have thought the opposite :faf:

If they weren't playing, they're not part of the plans. Plenty time for a pro to recover Tuesday to Saturday.

M11BMO
08-09-2010, 12:02 PM
I think Duffy will start up top with Nish for sure.

Even though I've never seen him play I would like to see Dickoh starting at CH with Bamba, but will Hogg be dropped? He should be.

Unsure about Grounds, will he just walk into the team at LB or CH as it appears he can play.

I suppose it's like every new signing, you always have that little bit of optimism and excitement to see what they are like. So for that reason I would like to see them all play.

Seveno
08-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Duffy is a replacement for Stokes so he might start. Dickoh and Grounds on the bench and will come on when we are 3 up.

So that's their debut put back a week then.

HibeeB
08-09-2010, 12:07 PM
What a pity Hugh Dallas gave up refereeing.

If he'd been ref for Saturday and sent of the three new players we could have had the headline.....................

Dallas Does Debs.

I'll get my coat :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
08-09-2010, 12:12 PM
I think Duffy will start up top with Nish for sure.

Even though I've never seen him play I would like to see Dickoh starting at CH with Bamba, but will Hogg be dropped? He should be.

Unsure about Grounds, will he just walk into the team at LB or CH as it appears he can play.

I suppose it's like every new signing, you always have that little bit of optimism and excitement to see what they are like. So for that reason I would like to see them all play.

:confused:

Are you advocating pushing Riordan out to the left wing?

Are you Yogi??

(Or is Riordan injured/suspended and I've contrived to miss it??)

Westie1875
08-09-2010, 12:12 PM
I hope so

Mikey
08-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I would have thought the opposite :faf:

If they weren't playing, they're not part of the plans. Plenty time for a pro to recover Tuesday to Saturday.

Booth played in the Bounce game but he won't be playing for us on Saturday :greengrin

IFONLY
08-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Duffy is a replacement for Stokes so he might start. Dickoh and Grounds on the bench and will come on when we are 3 up.

So that's their debut put back a week then.

So you think they will play at some point but they wont be making their debut??

ahibby
08-09-2010, 01:37 PM

So you think we will go 3 -0 up on Sat?

JimBHibees
08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
No doubt Yogi will find a place for Hoggy.

IFONLY
08-09-2010, 03:20 PM
So you think we will go 3 -0 up on Sat?

Didnt say that, I was making comment on the fact that the poster thinks that the new players will come on at some point but they wont make their debuts till the week after:confused: What constitutes a debut????????:confused:

IndieHibby
08-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Didnt say that, I was making comment on the fact that the poster thinks that the new players will come on at some point but they wont make their debuts till the week after:confused: What constitutes a debut????????:confused:

I think he meant to infer that, as we are pish/don't get results against ICT, we won't go three up, hence they won't come on, hence they won't make their debut this week.

IMO.

blairwallace
08-09-2010, 03:56 PM
what was the score with dundee united last night?
wasn't allowed to the game you see :grr:

gringojoe
08-09-2010, 04:35 PM
what was the score with dundee united last night?
wasn't allowed to the game you see :grr:

1-1

ancienthibby
08-09-2010, 05:07 PM

I would be astounded if Duffy and Grounds do not start the game (thus making their debuts) otherwise why take them into the squad in the first place. Their respective roles are very clear and, in each case, fill a yawning gap in the first team!!:thumbsup:

Then, I would not be at all surprised to see Dickoh come on at some point in the pace of Hogg, but Yogi being Yogi Hoggy will start!:grr:

BT58
08-09-2010, 05:18 PM
As butcher will have a dossier on who plays& what formation hibs play,,I would put the 3 in, let's start the season now,,,,JH did state that it was gonna be a 3-5-2,it's gonna be a hard game whoever he plays

Skanko79
08-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I'd like to see the big chap Dickoh flung in right away at the back with Sol. Think Grounds and Duffy will start on the bench.

Hamish
08-09-2010, 05:44 PM

I was told that Dickoh played and looked useful??????

Big Frank
09-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Get them all on. Breathe some life into the team.