PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Scotland statistic (and the winner)

Hibbyradge
08-09-2010, 08:05 AM
There were over 37000 people at Hampden last night.

That's more than the entire population of Liechtenstein.

Who said size matters?

For those of you who, like me, left after 91 minutes and missed the winner goal, here it is.

The only question is why would anyone still be filming the game on their TV after 96 minutes of that dross?

Saving the bacon. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Y2MSxCm3s)

HibeePaj
08-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Really is quite unbeleivable, said that fact to my mate who didnt beleive me,,, (probably didnt want to beleive it)

It was the winner by the way ;)

love the runnin commentary mate,

'ya f*"^+r'

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Here is my take on it:

The way the players and management acted after the goal was cringeworthy, and you would have thought it was the goal to win the World Cup Final, not just beat a tiny Nation....... Just goes to show how far Scottish Football has dropped in standards......

Everyone to a man, involved in that game, should be hanging their collective heads in shame..... Poor show..... No wonder the lethargy/apathy is shown towards the National side.....

MacBean
08-09-2010, 08:30 AM
There is Craig Levein's "Get out of Jail Free Card"

Hibbyradge
08-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Really is quite unbeleivable, said that fact to my mate who didnt beleive me,,, (probably didnt want to beleive it)

It was the winner by the way ;)

love the runnin commentary mate,

'ya f*"^+r'

So it was. :doh:

Thread title and post duly amended.

matty_f
08-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Here is my take on it:

The way the players and management acted after the goal was cringeworthy, and you would have thought it was the goal to win the World Cup Final, not just beat a tiny Nation....... Just goes to show how far Scottish Football has dropped in standards......

Everyone to a man, involved in that game, should be hanging their collective heads in shame..... Poor show..... No wonder the lethargy/apathy is shown towards the National side.....

:agree:

Glad we won, but to be in any way happy with that performance is a disgrace.

Mechanics and students, and a boy who couldnae make it because he couldn't get the time off work - and we were very, very lucky to beat them.

euro Hibby
08-09-2010, 09:04 AM
a win yes and we have many still complaining about the way they tackled !

We got 5minutes of extra time which became somehow 7 minutes and we got

really lucky. Honeymoon over for Potter , lets see if he has the metal.

matty_f
08-09-2010, 09:12 AM
For me, it showed how massively over-rated and over-paid Scottish footballers are (well, a good number of them, anyway).

Kenny Miller, for all he scored, was abysmal - his three touches before his goal gave the ball away, as for the rest of them - jeez, where to start?!

The trouble is, a good number of these players have a hugely inflated opinion of themselves.

They showed last night that they struggled to create, they struggled to keep possession and to win possession back, they couldn't keep a shape, couldn't defend especially effectively - all this against a team ranked over 100 places below us.

We don't have good footballers. And that is meant to be a standard above the SPL - putting that into context you have to ask how on earth any of the players we're watching week in/week out are justifying the salaries that they're picking up.

euro Hibby
08-09-2010, 09:55 AM
spot on - most are happy to swim in a goldfish bowl and don't know how lucky and priveledged they really are. Yesterday they should have got the message but I am not so sure judging by some of the comments in the press.

TrinityHibs
08-09-2010, 09:56 AM
a win yes and we have many still complaining about the way they tackled !

We got 5minutes of extra time which became somehow 7 minutes and we got

really lucky. Honeymoon over for Potter , lets see if he has the metal.

Think that was the substitution and time wasting.

Reaper
08-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Here is my take on it:

Couldn't agree more, what the **** was Levein laughing about, we were on the cusp of the countries biggest embarassment in Football, the fact we got a winner made it slightly less embarrassing but still Embarassing none the less. His tactics, as like Lithuania were all wrong, he's scared of the day he's never seen. I know we shouldn't bring club football into the international fold but.........................once an ambition lacking Hearts ******, ALWAYS an ambition lacking Hearts ****** :grr:

Disc O'Dave
08-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Think that was the substitution and time wasting.

Indeed, I think lots of people forget that the "5 minutes" held up by the fourth official indicates a minimum of 5 minutes should be played. It can go on longer if, say, lots of timewasting takes place in that 5 mins, or a lengthy injury, or if Celtic need a winner

johnbc70
08-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Hard to believe that guys like Naismith, Miller and McCulloch earn thousands of pounds week. Like someone said they don't know how lucky they are.

Speedy
08-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Indeed, I think lots of people forget that the "5 minutes" held up by the fourth official indicates a minimum of 5 minutes should be played. It can go on longer if, say, lots of timewasting takes place in that 5 mins, or a lengthy injury, or if Celtic need a winner

Aye. Nothing happened in the first 2 minutes of stoppage time.

jdships
08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
From Wednesdays EEN

By HP
"I know a lot of people will want to talk about the game and the fact that we didn't do this correctly, or that correctly, but the thing is, that is irrelevant for me.

"The result is all that matters."

What dies that tell us about the man ?
:bitchy:

Bristolhibby
08-09-2010, 12:00 PM
My two cents.

Morisson has to play, like having a new player on the left last night. Running at defenders (even if his delivery was a little suspect).

Dorrans - What does he need to do to get a game?

Miller - Sure he scored, but would like to see Fletcher playing in Prague, he will have had a month of playing Premiership games, think he is a better natural goalscorer and holds the ball up well. (Qualities that will be needed in Prague).

Oh and WTF is going on with Scott Brown? At Hibs I saw an attacking midfielder, who bossed games and drove on with the ball against opposition defences.
I now see a shadow of his former self, hacking around, not doing much.

J

cockneymike
08-09-2010, 12:02 PM
From Wednesdays EEN

By HP
"I know a lot of people will want to talk about the game and the fact that we didn't do this correctly, or that correctly, but the thing is, that is irrelevant for me.

"The result is all that matters."

What dies that tell us about the man ?
:bitchy:

I know what you mean, but, and tin hat on here, you have to agree to an extent. We played rubbish, but got the job done - which was get 3 points.

If, and this is still a HUGE if, we qualify or even just make the play offs again. We'll probably have forgotten how abject we were last night; and Levein is smart enough to know that.

Because at the end of the day, as Scotland football fans, we now recognise that our place in the world pecking order is pretty low, and that just getting to hang out with the big boys at a major tournament again will be a significant achievement. If we play like that last night occasionially but get there, none of us will really care.

dangermouse
08-09-2010, 12:36 PM
With the number of free kicks around the edge of the box in the last two games, the side has been crying out for a natural goal scorer from a dead ball situation but not one in the squad.

I'm sure there must be someone that fits the bill. :wink:

sundo1875
08-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Here is my take on it:

Give levien a break , we scored in the 97th minute to win the game and keep us in with a chance of qualifying of course he is going to celebrate he is under immense pressure

The_Todd
08-09-2010, 09:04 PM
My two cents.
Dorrans - What does he need to do to get a game?

Join one of the Old Firm for a chance, or both to be guaranteed a Cap for Life (a la Kenny Miller)

jdships
08-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Give levien a break , we scored in the 97th minute to win the game and keep us in with a chance of qualifying of course he is going to celebrate he is under immense pressure

Give Levin a break ?
Give us a break for having to suffer this rubbish !!!
Who created the "mmense" pressure he is under but himself. :rolleyes:
Baldy Foghorn tells it as it is :thumbsup:

euro Hibby
09-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Levin is well paid to do his job so don't feel anyone needs to give him and the team a break !