PDA

View Full Version : Yogi should sign this lad!

Thecat23
07-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already just in and not looked through the threads.

He's a Hibs supporting lad as a kid and he looks a player! Prob cost a bomb though but always worth a cheeky bid.

Alfred Finnbogason

Team Apps† (Gls)† 2008- Breiđablik (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brei%C3%B0ablik_UBK) 39 (26)

MOTHERWELL'S Euro hopes are under threat from an Icelandic wonderkid with a secret Scottish background.

Breidablik hitman Alfred Finnbogason lived in Edinburgh as a kid and banged in the goals for top boys' club Hutchison Vale.
The gifted 21-year-old has been dubbed the new Eidur Gudjohnsen but revealed his football hero is Celtic legend Henrik Larsson.
Finnbogason is desperate to mark his return to Scotland by crushing Motherwell's Europa League hopes during Thursday's first leg.
He said: "Scotland has a special place in my heart and it will be fantastic to return.
"I moved over to Edinburgh when I was nine and lived there for two years between 1999 and 2000. My dad was studying at Edinburgh Uni and I had a great time.
"I joined Hutchison Vale and we seemed to win everything.
"My dad used to take me to watch Hearts and Hibs play.
"I supported Hibs but Larsson was my hero. He was playing the best football of his career for Celtic, I loved watching him. He was incredible.
"We left Scotland after two years but I made many friends and I have been back there since.
"It's great to now be returning there for a European tie."
Finnbogason, a star for his country's Under-21 side, has already won a full cap for Iceland and is tipped for the top.
He had a trial with Blackpool last season and is tipped to land a big move in the future.
Finnbogason admits he'd love to emulate the success of countryman Gudjohnsen.
He said: "Eidur is a role model for young players in Iceland. I look up to him. He's played with huge clubs like Chelsea and Barcelona and is a world-class striker.
"It will be hard, but I'd love to do what Eidur has achieved."
Finnbogason reckons Breidablik could shock Well.
He said: "We won the cup last season, we are top of the league for the first time in 25 years and now we have our first European tie as well.
"So much is happening and we're desperate to make the most of this chance against Motherwell."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3053283/Motherwell-threatened-by-Icelandic-wonderkid.html#ixzz0ysEPp0x1

Future17
07-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already just in and not looked through the threads.

He's a Hibs supporting lad as a kid and he looks a player! Prob cost a bomb though but always worth a cheeky bid.

Alfred Finnbogason

Team Apps† (Gls)† 2008- Breiđablik (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brei%C3%B0ablik_UBK) 39 (26)

MOTHERWELL'S Euro hopes are under threat from an Icelandic wonderkid with a secret Scottish background.

Breidablik hitman Alfred Finnbogason lived in Edinburgh as a kid and banged in the goals for top boys' club Hutchison Vale.
The gifted 21-year-old has been dubbed the new Eidur Gudjohnsen but revealed his football hero is Celtic legend Henrik Larsson.
Finnbogason is desperate to mark his return to Scotland by crushing Motherwell's Europa League hopes during Thursday's first leg.
He said: "Scotland has a special place in my heart and it will be fantastic to return.
"I moved over to Edinburgh when I was nine and lived there for two years between 1999 and 2000. My dad was studying at Edinburgh Uni and I had a great time.
"I joined Hutchison Vale and we seemed to win everything.
"My dad used to take me to watch Hearts and Hibs play.
"I supported Hibs but Larsson was my hero. He was playing the best football of his career for Celtic, I loved watching him. He was incredible.
"We left Scotland after two years but I made many friends and I have been back there since.
"It's great to now be returning there for a European tie."
Finnbogason, a star for his country's Under-21 side, has already won a full cap for Iceland and is tipped for the top.
He had a trial with Blackpool last season and is tipped to land a big move in the future.
Finnbogason admits he'd love to emulate the success of countryman Gudjohnsen.
He said: "Eidur is a role model for young players in Iceland. I look up to him. He's played with huge clubs like Chelsea and Barcelona and is a world-class striker.
"It will be hard, but I'd love to do what Eidur has achieved."
Finnbogason reckons Breidablik could shock Well.
He said: "We won the cup last season, we are top of the league for the first time in 25 years and now we have our first European tie as well.
"So much is happening and we're desperate to make the most of this chance against Motherwell."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3053283/Motherwell-threatened-by-Icelandic-wonderkid.html#ixzz0ysEPp0x1

I think his dad played for the Edinburgh Uni football team. It's the sort of name that sticks in your memory. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
07-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Did Celtc not have a player called Finnbogason at one point?

sundo1875
08-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Did Celtc not have a player called Finnbogason at one point?

I'm sure falkirk did

HIBEES 4 LIFE
08-09-2010, 07:35 AM
They both did, it was the same person but not this person!

Hibbyradge
08-09-2010, 07:42 AM
You should drop the head scout an email.

Ask Steve O for contact details.