PDA

View Full Version : New strikers - who would you rather have

Diclonius
07-09-2010, 03:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romano_Denneboom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdas_Trakys

If it was a straight choice between the two, who would you rather have?

El Gubbz
07-09-2010, 03:28 PM
only me then?

Andy74
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romano_Denneboom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdas_Trakys

If it was a straight choice between the two, who would you rather have?

Denneboom, based on very little other than I quite like the sound of him. And I have a thing for big black guys.

Woody1985
07-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Purely looking at goalscoring records.

Denneboom has a 1 in 5/6 record. Not sure what his other assets are like but perhaps there's a reason he wasn't signed (yet).

The second guy has had 7/8 seasons of Nadeness since 2000 and has had a 1 in 2 rate at FK Ekranas (never heard of them (just checked and they're from lith land)).

Denneboom has a better pedigree so he's be the option of the two for me.

However, I'm sure we could find better target men (that's if they even are target men or assumptions are being made due to their stature i.e. Nish) out there with better goalscrorers. Don't ask me who though!

I never voted because they both look pish.

yekimevol
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
none are exactly stokes or deco when it come to scoring are they :\

basehibby
07-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Denneboom has scored about 60 in 300 appearances (inc subs)
Trakys has managed about 60 in 200.

However, Deneboom has spent most of his career in the Eiredivision while Trakys has scored the vast majority of his counters in the bankrupt environs of the Lithuanian League where he has not even done enough to get a spot on the never ending series of buses to Tynie for an extended loan period at the Pink Bus shelter :confused:

So, while pleading ignorance I would tend to favour Denneboom - would be interesting to know a bit more detail behind the Wiki stats though - 300 appearances could feasibly include 150 as a sub in which case 60 goals would look pretty good - same goes for the other guy.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
07-09-2010, 04:25 PM
The Lithuanian league A is very poor (Scottish Division 2 standard at best). Scoring 20-or-so goals over two seasons isn't that hard. So I'd take Denneboom instead.

frazeHFC
07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Denneboom because we have always slagged the Hearts Lithuanians and i hate them all as they are divers/hackers so i don't like Lithuanians.

Gettin' Auld
07-09-2010, 04:39 PM
None of them sound too great to be honest.

Dunbar Hibee
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Denneboom purely for song purposes.:wink:

totalfootball
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Can't believe people haven't cottoned on, Gary O'connor has only a 6 month deal at Birmingham and I can't see him signing a new one if he is stuck on the bench between now and then! I have a a feeling big Gary will be back leading the front line! I think Yogi and Petrie are more than aware of this and leaving the money aside to offer him a deal! hail hail the Hibs are here......................

lucky
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Can't believe people haven't cottoned on, Gary O'connor has only a 6 month deal at Birmingham and I can't see him signing a new one if he is stuck on the bench between now and then! I have a a feeling big Gary will be back leading the front line! I think Yogi and Petrie are more than aware of this and leaving the money aside to offer him a deal! hail hail the Hibs are here......................

Wishful thinking. GOC if leaves Brum will end up in Championship or a relegation threaten EPL. He must be on at £15k a week. So noway is coming to Hibs,

Back to the thread. Denneboom better pedigree

shamo9
07-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Purely looking at goalscoring records.

Denneboom has a 1 in 5/6 record. Not sure what his other assets are like but perhaps there's a reason he wasn't signed (yet).

The second guy has had 7/8 seasons of Nadeness since 2000 and has had a 1 in 2 rate at FK Ekranas (never heard of them (just checked and they're from lith land)).

Denneboom has a better pedigree so he's be the option of the two for me.

However, I'm sure we could find better target men (that's if they even are target men or assumptions are being made due to their stature i.e. Nish) out there with better goalscrorers. Don't ask me who though!

I never voted because they both look pish.

:tee hee: Honesty, I like that.

nickwhibs
07-09-2010, 06:51 PM
I thought Biscan seemed like a good option but Yogi seems to have dropped his interest in him. But yeah Denneboomboomboom out of those two.

Keith_M
07-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Kenny Miller

:offski: