PDA

View Full Version : NHC Brian Laudrup diagnosed with cancer

lyonhibs
07-09-2010, 02:52 PM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07092010/58/spl-brian-laudrup-cancer-battle.html

What a blow for him - hope he gets better and recovers fully.

An absolutely fantastic player, irrespective of what team he played for. One of the few genuinely class players I've had the pleasure to watch in the SPL.

:agree: :agree:

M11BMO
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07092010/58/spl-brian-laudrup-cancer-battle.html

What a blow for him - hope he gets better and recovers fully.

An absolutely fantastic player, irrespective of what team he played for. One of the few genuinely class players I've had the pleasure to watch in the SPL.

:agree: :agree:

He really was immense. :agree:

Pretty Boy
07-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Best of luck to him. Great player and seemed a really nice guy on the one occasion i met him.

It's in situations like this that football rivalry goes out the window.

jdships
07-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Best of luck to him. Great player and seemed a really nice guy on the one occasion i met him.

It's in situations like this that football rivalry goes out the window.

Your post says it all :thumbsup:

Stevie Reid
07-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Agree with all the sentiments above.

As much as the OF being weaker nowadays is good in a number of ways, it was a real privilege seeing the likes of Laudrup ER in the past.

Groathillgrump
07-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Good luck, Brian.

Without question one of the best players ever to grace Scottish Football.

lyonhibs
07-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Agree with all the sentiments above.

As much as the OF being weaker nowadays is good in a number of ways, it was a real privilege seeing the likes of Laudrup ER in the past.

Thing is, they are still winning 3-0 at ER and finishing 15-20 (and the rest) points ahead of us these days anyway, and that's with teams crammed full of relative huddies.

It's a sad indictement on the health of the Scottish game, and the OF are paying - financially - for those days now, but if the OF are going to skoosh the league, I'd sooner they did so with players like Laudrup, Albertz, Larsson and Moravcik lighting up the game, as opposed to Lafferty, McGregor, McCulloch etc etc etc bringing it into disrepute.

Jack
07-09-2010, 03:25 PM
There was a time when I saw all these signings as a glimmer of hope that with the introduction of multi-culturalism to Ibrox it was the thin edge of the weege to better things all round. BL was one of those signs.

Silly me! :rolleyes:

But best wishes for a recovery to BL. :agree:

Leithenhibby
07-09-2010, 03:44 PM
As many have said already, this is when rivalry goes out the window :agree:

Having already lost someone close to me with this horrid disease I hope it all works out for you Brian.

Good luck :wink:

basehibby
07-09-2010, 03:50 PM
What a shock for a young healthy guy like him! Gald he's caught it early as that will improve the chances greatly - Best of luck brian :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
No disrespect to other posts but
Good luck to Everyone with cancer

Hainan Hibs
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM
One shining light is that it was found at a very early stage. Good luck Brian.

Skanko79
07-09-2010, 04:42 PM
All the best to him. Fanstastic football player.

Hibs On Tour
07-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Good that he's sounding positive about winning his battle - its always an important factor they say. Best of British Brian [and to everyone else fighting - and hopefully winning - their battles with cancer]

:agree:

Kevvy1875
07-09-2010, 11:13 PM
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=brian+laudrup+brazil&docid=172385239482&mid=C8AE5466A4141C9E9D92C8AE5466A4141C9E9D92&FORM=LKVR11#

First of all I hope he beats the Cancer and makes a full recovery.

Although a Ger it was a privelege and a credit to the Scottish game he played here. A genuine World Class player, model proffesional, good example to young Scots and a Hero for his Nation.

Wouldn't reserve this praise for many rival clubs players but the likes of Laudrup are ones that rise above all the sh*te and class shines through.

Good luck BL.

persevere1875
08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Lost My father in law to Cancer last year and wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, as a tribute to him, the youth team I coach changed there traditional colours to Pink and Black last year and we encouraged local businesses to sponsor us for every goal we scored during the season.

Played 18. won 18. Goals for 127. Goals against 12. and just over £3500 raised for the local cancer hospice.

Good luck with your battle Brian.

Exiled Hibby
08-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Good luck Brian - one of the best players to grace Scottish Football, and in my opinion, the best in modern era. A man who didnt run - he just glided over the pitch.

The_Todd
08-09-2010, 05:59 PM
One of the best the SPL has ever seen. I wish him a speedy recovery.

The Silver Fox
08-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Good luck to him and a speedy recovery. I am 44 and have seen a lot of players coming and going over the years. Gazza, Cooper, Larsson and others were all rated as being the best player.

There has never been any doubt in my mind the best player to have graced the game in Scotland during my years has been Brian Laudrup. Consistently brilliant, if he had been Scottish he would have been right up there with Dalglish. at his peak he would have got into any team in the world. He always came across as a right decent bloke as well. Maybe he went to the wrong club in Chelsea, for some reason he seemed to lose his appetite after he left that Glasgow team.

Flo1898
08-09-2010, 10:21 PM
OMG, good luck Brian....

IWasThere2016
08-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Good luck to him.

DoonTheSlope
09-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Best of luck to Brian, easily one of the finest footballers ever to play in Scotland.
I was diagnosed with cancer back in 2006 and after heavy treatment I am now back to normal. There is hope for everyone unlucky enough to get this dreadful disease.

judas
09-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Best of luck to Brian, easily one of the finest footballers ever to play in Scotland.
I was diagnosed with cancer back in 2006 and after heavy treatment I am now back to normal. There is hope for everyone unlucky enough to get this dreadful disease.

Agreed.

Well done and well said mate.:agree:

Sick Boy
10-09-2010, 04:18 AM

:agree: He was always one of my favourite players from that time even though he played for the Hun.

He will get through it. It's one of the most easily treated forms of the disease so he'll be back to normal in no time.

CmoantheHibs
10-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Played in that cauldron of hate and bigotry and rose above it all.Shone brightly like the star he was and never a bit of scandal.It speaks volumes of the man and I wish him every success in his battle.

capitals_finest
10-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Best of luck to him, a very nice person and one of the greatest players i have ever seen with my own eyes...

apart from the double pen miss at E.R. a long time ago.:greengrin