PDA

View Full Version : NHC 987 minutes without a Scotland goal

scott7_0(Prague)
07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Now whilst i fully support my nation and Scotland football team, why is Miller still being selected..... 987 minutes without a goal for the country ( I know the reason ((IBROX PLAYER)).

I really hope he breaks that tonight for the nation not for him,

Come on Scotland, give us a goal!

JE89
07-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Its a joke he is starting with that record. Get Boyd in - aye he is a prick but will do a job.

JE89
07-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Edit: just read Boyd is also starting. Good news.

BoltonHibee
07-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Now whilst i fully support my nation and Scotland football team, why is Miller still being selected..... 987 minutes without a goal for the country ( I know the reason ((IBROX PLAYER)).

How many of those minutes has he played up front on his own?

borstalboy
07-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Boyd and Miller Scored how many goals between them last year?!?! I'm happy both are playing. Plus you need someone who's going to work the socks off up front (and Miller does that) and you need someone who can stick the ball in the back of the net (Boyd can do that)........I HOPE!

Cabbage East
07-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah but he runs about a lot.

Big Frank
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm going to watch England.

I will see a game of football.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-09-2010, 10:45 AM

Right, thanks for that info!

BoltonHibee
07-09-2010, 10:47 AM

Hope you get horsed

Big Frank
07-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Hope you get horsed

You hope I get horsed?

WTF does that mean?

scott7_0(Prague)
07-09-2010, 11:09 AM
You hope I get horsed?

WTF does that mean?

You know, stop looking for THE reaction.

matty_f
07-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Kenny Miller's greatest achievement in international football is convincing people that an international team needs a striker who will run about a lot and never score goals.

500miles
07-09-2010, 11:20 AM
I'd rather Kenny Miller got 90 minutes in every Scotland game for the entire campaign, than Kris Boyd get one single minute.

--------
07-09-2010, 11:23 AM

I believe he does a lot of unseen work off the ball....

(Shining the manager's shoes, driving the team bus, washing the strips, cooking breakfast....)

iwasthere1972
07-09-2010, 11:25 AM

So they're back on track to be World Champions then. That was quick.

:bye:

Franck is God
07-09-2010, 11:29 AM
I would generally support any argument for Kenny Miller being dropped but the facts are that he is currently the most in form Scotland forward.

He also did have a great partnership with Boyd last year, I'd rather see Fletch play alongside Boyd but he hasn't played since the opening day and even if he is fit the last half hour is probably all he should get.

I am more concerned that Lee McCulloch is still playing, Darren Fletcher should be the holding player and either Dorrans or Morrison should be playing as the extra bit of creativity from the middle.

allezsauzee
07-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Boyd is much better finisher but there's not much point in playing him unless we're spending a lot of time in the opposition box as he does little apart from apply the finishing touch .That counts him out of most away games and any home games against decent teams. Miller's finishing is pi$$ poor (apart from at Easter Road) but the guy puts in a shift and doesn't take a tantrum if he doesn't get to play in the games he wants to. Liechtenstein is the sort of game Boyd should play in although personally I wouldn't have him in the squad after the cretin 'retired' from international duty.

_hucks_
07-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Miller is a form striker right now, as much as it pains me to say it. He has scored 5 goals in a season 3 games old. Granted, his Scotland record is painful, but players need to be judged also and mostly on the form they are showing for their club at the time a match is approaching. Miller not scoring many months ago doesn't reflect the way he's playing now.

Diclonius
07-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Kenny Miller's greatest achievement in international football is convincing people that an international team needs a striker who will run about a lot and never score goals.

This.

Antifa Hibs
07-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Is Big Frank said I'm going to watch Spain would everyone be greeting like that? Doubt it. I watched the England as opposed to 'our' second half on Friday cos it was *** gash.

Re: Miller, who needs goals up front when you've got some ejjit who will run about for 87 minutes. This is Scotland we are talking about.

(((Fergus)))
07-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Is Big Frank said I'm going to watch Spain would everyone be greeting like that? Doubt it. I watched the England as opposed to 'our' second half on Friday cos it was *** gash.

Re: Miller, who needs goals up front when you've got some ejjit who will run about for 87 minutes. This is Scotland we are talking about.

Who would you have played as the lone striker against the Liths?

iwasthere1972
07-09-2010, 11:58 AM
If Big Frank said I'm going to watch Spain would everyone be greeting like that? Doubt it. I watched the England as opposed to 'our' second half on Friday cos it was *** gash.

Nobody's greeting although couple of remarks uncalled for.

Just hoping that Scotland turn in a world class performance tonight and score at least 4 or 5 while England play out a drab 0-0 or even go down by the odd goal.

Time will tell.

Craig_in_Prague
07-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Who would you have played as the lone striker against the Liths?

I would not have played a lone striker full stop.

Why not McFadden playing off Miller, or even a 4-4-2 with McFadden or boyd.

Lithuania away isn't the hardest of trips, we beat them last time there.... And we won't qualify if we think nicking a point away to them is decent.

Christ, what will we play in Prague or next year away to Spain. a 8-2-0?

Big Frank
07-09-2010, 12:34 PM
REMOVED

You should be punted.

Big Frank
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
You know, stop looking for THE reaction.

What do you mean?

Scotland are gash. They honk. Whats "THE" meant to mean?

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-09-2010, 12:39 PM

:blah::blah::no way::asshole::zzzzz!::slipper:

Judas Iscariot
07-09-2010, 12:52 PM
QUOTED POST REMOVED

That's a ****in belter :faf:

Can I get the same treatment as I'll either be watching England or watching the Scotland game cheering on the team that contains the least huns :agree:

--------
07-09-2010, 01:13 PM
That's a ****in belter :faf:

Can I get the same treatment as I'll either be watching England or watching the Scotland game cheering on the team that contains the least huns :agree:

I'm proud to be a Scot, but my patriotism doesn't consist in dressing up as an Andy Stewart lookalike and jumping up and down yelling incoherently over the 'national' football or rugby team.

I believe Alec Salmond once referred to those who do as "90-minute patriots".

I won't bother watching any game tonight - one, I'm working, and two, international football doesn't interest me very much these days.

There does seem to be a fair number of people with some serious anger issues posting on this thread.... :rolleyes:

scott7_0(Prague)
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
What do you mean?

a joke aint that funny if you have to explain it...... :wink: and in my opinion you know exactly what i was getting at.... :agree:

anyways back to the thread.

hopefully with the team that is put out tonight we will get the desired result, by that i mean goals a barrow load of them!

basehibby
07-09-2010, 02:22 PM
What do you mean?

So - on the basis of form displayed since February - why are you still interested in Hibs exactly?!?

Going by your posts on this thread I'm surprised you haven't started watching some other team who win more often :dunno:

basehibby
07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Re Miller - dreadful record it's got to be said - but right now Levein would be mad to leave a fully fit Miller out. He's actually an excellent player WHEN on form in front of goal and that certainly seems to be the case at the moment.

Re the game tonight - anything less than 3-0 Scotland will be a bit embarassing - I'd hope and expect that total to be exceeded tonight and Miller to be amongst the goals.

Still room for Deek in that squad though - if he can maintain his current level of performance then Levein will be a fool to leave him out also.

Hainan Hibs
07-09-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll cry if I see the "he runs aboot a lot" argument once more:boo hoo:. He doesn't score at international level now, he misses so many crucial 1-on-1's it's a joke. It's depressing that running about like a heidless chicken is more important than scoring a goal.

Danderhall Hibs
07-09-2010, 07:05 PM
I'll cry if I see the "he runs aboot a lot" argument once more:boo hoo:. He doesn't score at international level now, he misses so many crucial 1-on-1's it's a joke. It's depressing that running about like a heidless chicken is more important than scoring a goal.

You're right but that argument is believed right to the highest level now. Teams are based on being able to run about a lot - that's why players like McFadden and Riordan miss out.

Wotherspiniesta
07-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Congratulations Kenny, you have now gone 1,000 minutes on the international playing field without scoring a goal for your country.

:applause:

Dashing Bob S
07-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Under Levien I'm convinced KM can get into five figures.

EasterRoad4Ever
07-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Ok to blame Miller and Boyd but its not as if they are missing chances. The obvious problem is that the midfield have zero creativity and are providing nothing but long balls.

Scott Brown - what happened to that guy ? How on earth does he get a game for Scotland ????

Zero creativity.

Alfred E Newman
07-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Ok to blame Miller and Boyd but its not as if they are missing chances. The obvious problem is that the midfield have zero creativity and are providing nothing but long balls.

Scott Brown - what happened to that guy ? How on earth does he get a game for Scotland ????

Zero creativity.

What we need is a creative player who doesn`t necessarily do a lot of defensive work but is a natural goalscorer. :wink:

Cropley10
07-09-2010, 08:11 PM

Zero creativity.

Soooooo slowwwwwww, or so poor from all the MF.

And what was McmANUS thinking about?

Thecat23
07-09-2010, 08:23 PM

Happy now? :greengrin Cracking finish!

Andy74
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Miller has now gone a couple of minutes without a Scotland goal. WTF!