PDA

View Full Version : The Scotland line up for tomorrow...... is

scott7_0(Prague)
06-09-2010, 07:53 PM
McGregor, Hutton, Weir, McManus, Wallace, McCulloch, Brown, D Fletcher, McFadden, Miller, Boyd

That team has goals in it...... :-)

HONG KONG PHOOEY
06-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Hopefully they will have goals in them. Much more attacking than Fridays set up.
Its will not please the anti scotland brigade on here !!

HibbyAndy
06-09-2010, 07:55 PM
We are playing the equivelant of Penicuik Athletic, Any formation and any side Harry Potters picks will be enough to beat that mob.

Geo_1875
06-09-2010, 07:59 PM
If you listen to the players being interviewed Potter has already got them believing that a 1-0 is acceptable.:grr::grr::grr:

Hiber-nation
06-09-2010, 08:01 PM
McGregor, Hutton, Weir, McManus, Wallace, McCulloch, Brown, D Fletcher, McFadden, Miller, Boyd

No creators in there - surely we don't need that huddy McCulloch - Adam or Dorrans would have been perfect.

lyonhibs
06-09-2010, 08:04 PM
If you listen to the players being interviewed Potter has already got them believing that a 1-0 is acceptable.:grr::grr::grr:

1-0 = 3 points.

We have Craig Levein as a national manager - was anyone really ever expecting a different mentality??

Hainan Hibs
06-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Looks like two up front which I'm thankful about. I'm Miller's biggest critic but maybe with someone like Boyd up front with him he can get more chances to get behind the defence.

With Faddy on the wing I'm hopeful we can get a few goals, but a 1-0 win is 3 points which is all I ask for.

bingo70
06-09-2010, 08:14 PM

What do you expect them to say? we should be going out to win 10 nil, it's a bog standard cliche thats trotted out before anygame, if Brazil were playing Liechtenstein they'd be saying the same thing.

1-0 = 3 points.

We have Craig Levein as a national manager - was anyone really ever expecting a different mentality??

If we're ever going to qualify for tournaments again it'll be by playing negative boring football, obviously you'd hope that against Liechtenstein we could be more attacking but Levein doesn't have many games to work with the players and get them use to formations so it makes sense to use every game to help the players get used to how he wants them to play.

I don't actually see whats wrong with the team he's picked, would probably have picked Dorrans ahead of Mcculloch but other than that i'd say it's probably the right team.

bingo70
06-09-2010, 08:16 PM
No creators in there - surely we don't need that huddy McCulloch - Adam or Dorrans would have been perfect.

I'd say that Mcfadden will create things, i also think the movement of Miller and Boyd will cause them bother.

HibbyAndy
06-09-2010, 08:17 PM
If it was up to me id have Riordan and GOC upfront.

HibeeMcGinn1
06-09-2010, 09:16 PM

That'll do nicely, 3 up front or a 442 with McFadden another hitting the wings.
Glad hes starting Boyd, alot of people wernt happy he got back into the squad but hes in it now so hopefully he can bang the goals in like he did for "them".

1-0 = 3 points.

Exactly. Its this game that we should try to get as much goals as possible. IMO we will be going for 2nd with the Czechs and they could get a few at home to them aswell.

PISTOL1875
06-09-2010, 09:21 PM
1-0 = 3 points.

That's all that matters...

hibee62
06-09-2010, 09:26 PM

I can remember under Brown, we had San Marino in our group. Belgium beat them 10-0 or 10-1, while we beat them 4-0 I think and lost out on goal difference, think we had to beat Latvia by 6 in the final game.

We must go for the rout, between us and the Czechs it could easily come down to that!

AK86
06-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Weir AGAIN:grr: Its Lichtenstein FFS He must have another CH he can trust to keep them out. Then he moans we don't have enough experience in the squad:grr:
Brown :confused: what exactly did he do on Friday to justify getting picked again
Miller :boo hoo: nae goals in about a dozen games for Scotland:grr:

I gie up

500miles
06-09-2010, 09:45 PM
I actually get a knot in my chest to see Kris Boyd in that team. I can only imagine what it must be like to be a player on the fringes of the Scotland team, and see that arrogant, self important prick in the team ahead of you.

If i was in training with him, I'd go through him the day before the game.

Albion Hibs
06-09-2010, 09:48 PM
If Wallace gets a game we may be in for a hiding - just cant take the boy, last time I saw him in a Scotland jersey he was getting spoon fed his backside - not just because he is a rancid little yam, but lets be honest do think it is wise to leave our good old davie weir with him for protection?!

Mr Potter just because he plays for hertz does not mean you have to play him - lets be honest, if he was that good he would have been away long before now - selick have been chocking on and LB for a long time.

booshsutton
06-09-2010, 09:48 PM
I would seriously drop Brown, as much as I rated him when he was at Hibs he has gone seriously down hill since he went along the M8. he looked poor the other night and the only impact he looked like making on the team was to potentially get sent off. I would have Dorrans in the team before Brown at the min, with Fletcher and McCulloch in there, no need for another holding midfielder (which is unfortunately what Scott has been moulded into now) so someone who can create would be the priority and Dorrans would fit the bill. Was speaking about this at work today and I really think Brown needs to move out of Celtic and down south ASAP if he wants to have any chance of living up to his potential

It's also about the most attack minded Scotland line up I have seen in a long time, McFadden plus 2 strikers (one of which will put in a shift without being much of a goal threat, the other who is a goal threat but not much else)

Albion Hibs
06-09-2010, 09:53 PM
I would seriously drop Brown, as much as I rated him when he was at Hibs he has gone seriously down hill since he went along the M8. he looked poor the other night and the only impact he looked like making on the team was to potentially get sent off. I would have Dorrans in the team before Brown at the min, with Fletcher and McCulloch in there, no need for another holding midfielder (which is unfortunately what Scott has been moulded into now) so someone who can create would be the priority and Dorrans would fit the bill. Was speaking about this at work today and I really think Brown needs to move out of Celtic and down south ASAP if he wants to have any chance of living up to his potential

It's also about the most attack minded Scotland line up I have seen in a long time, McFadden plus 2 strikers (one of which will put in a shift without being much of a goal threat, the other who is a goal threat but not much else)

Agreed as much as I think it is a huge same his play has gone the way it has I do think Dorrans deserves a chance, albeit would love Brownie to prove us all wrong - in a scotland jersey only.

But lets be honest do you think Harry Potter has the guts to drop and old firm captain?

PeterboroHibee
06-09-2010, 10:27 PM
If Wallace gets a game we may be in for a hiding - just cant take the boy, last time I saw him in a Scotland jersey he was getting spoon fed his backside - not just because he is a rancid little yam, but lets be honest do think it is wise to leave our good old davie weir with him for protection?!

Mr Potter just because he plays for hertz does not mean you have to play him - lets be honest, if he was that good he would have been away long before now - selick have been chocking on and LB for a long time.

Thats ridiculous, apart from the last game when the whole team had a shocker, Wallace has been pretty good the other few times hes played for Scotland. By far the best LB Scotland has available.

Westie1875
06-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Whittaker is better at left back than Wallace is, I assume he is injured?

lucky
06-09-2010, 11:26 PM

That team has 6 huns and a Yam in it

Albanian Hibs
06-09-2010, 11:46 PM

:agree:

rossi
07-09-2010, 01:43 AM
I find the cosy relationship between the SFA/Scotland footy team and Rangers distasteful and worrying. Levein's main priority as Scotland boss seems to be to give himself a good chance of being Rangers boss one day. However, taking off the green tinted specs; Wallace is the best left back we've got by a long way and Kenny Miller looked pretty good to me at ER a couple of weeks ago.

1875godsgift
07-09-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that one of their best players won't be playing, because he couldn't get the day off his work. I think he was an accountant, or that.
Sums it up really doesn't it?

PeterboroHibee
07-09-2010, 07:45 AM
I find the cosy relationship between the SFA/Scotland footy team and Rangers distasteful and worrying. Levein's main priority as Scotland boss seems to be to give himself a good chance of being Rangers boss one day. However, taking off the green tinted specs; Wallace is the best left back we've got by a long way and Kenny Miller looked pretty good to me at ER a couple of weeks ago.

Kenny Miller usually looks quite good in the SPL though imo, its when he gets to international level that he starts missing chance after chance.

Danderhall Hibs
07-09-2010, 09:39 AM
I actually get a knot in my chest to see Kris Boyd in that team. I can only imagine what it must be like to be a player on the fringes of the Scotland team, and see that arrogant, self important prick in the team ahead of you.

If i was in training with him, I'd go through him the day before the game.

:agree: Same goes for McCulloch and Weir. They've all walked out on Scotland in the past.

southfieldhibby
07-09-2010, 09:49 AM

Take the green tinted specs of.Wallace is the best left back Scotland has, he'll be playing there for Scotland for the next 8 years or so.It's unfortunate for whittaker that Hutton is about as he's a decent right back, but not as good or better than either Hutton or Wallace.

Gettin' Auld
07-09-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that one of their best players won't be playing, because he couldn't get the day off his work. I think he was an accountant, or that.
Sums it up really doesn't it?
The bold parts made me laugh.

:greengrin

M11BMO
07-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Take the green tinted specs of.Wallace is the best left back Scotland has, he'll be playing there for Scotland for the next 8 years or so.It's unfortunate for whittaker that Hutton is about as he's a decent right back, but not as good or better than either Hutton or Wallace.

:top marks

I'm still reeling from Friday tbh. The team he is playing against Liechtenstein is more like the team he should have played against Lithuania. Still totally confused as to why Dorrans isn't getting a start. :bitchy:

Hibby Bairn
07-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm no expert on the Liechies but they very rarely get hammered. Seem to be better class than the San Marinos and Andorras of this world. Wales only beat them 2-0 in the WC qualifying and they drew 1-1 with Iceland last month in a friendly.

--------
07-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm no expert on the Liechies but they very rarely get hammered. Seem to be better class than the San Marinos and Andorras of this world. Wales only beat them 2-0 in the WC qualifying and they drew 1-1 with Iceland last month in a friendly.

Liechtenstein ARE much better than San Marino and Andorra.

At the same time they're a team Scotland really shouldn't be too worried about.

Potter certainly shouldn't be talking about 1-0 being good enough, and that 3 points are all that matters. The Czechs won't be thinking that way.

Scotland should win by 2 or 3 clear goals tonight at least, without conceding. Liechtenstein are a team we need to beat home and away - Spain and the Czech Republic will be expecting to do so.

SidBurns
07-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I can remember under Brown, we had San Marino in our group. Belgium beat them 10-0 or 10-1, while we beat them 4-0 I think and lost out on goal difference, think we had to beat Latvia by 6 in the final game.

We must go for the rout, between us and the Czechs it could easily come down to that!

In recent times it has always been the results between the two teams that decided who was 2nd, 3rd etc but looks like GD does make a difference:-

a) higher number of points obtained in matches against all teams
b) superior goal difference from these matches
c) higher number of goals scored in these matches
d) higher number of away goals scored in these matches
e) position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system (see Annex I,
paragraph 1.2.2)
f) fair play ranking in these matches
g) drawing of lots

Keith_M
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM

That looks a better line up than Friday's debacle, simply because of the last three. OK, Miller hasn't scored a lot for Scotland but he did have a good partnership with Boyd at Rangers. Also good to see McFadden in from the start.

There may be certain players we'd all like to see given a chance but, face facts, Harry Potter is never going to be an experimental style manager so it's a reasonable choice under the circumstances.

I might even watch some of the game on the telly :wink:

500miles
07-09-2010, 11:36 AM
:agree: Same goes for McCulloch and Weir. They've all walked out on Scotland in the past.

I would suggest that Weir was in his 30's at the time, and it could be argued was considering retirement from international football anyway. I don't buy it, but it's plausable, so I can't get too much on my high horse about it.

McCulloch too has a similar arguement, and assured Burley that it was nothing to do with him, rather with fitness issues which were effecting him at club level at the time.

Boyd has issued no apology, came out on the eve of an international game and blasted the set up, and generally was a hinderence. I'm not wishing it on him, as a know that it would be wrong to, but I would be far from upset if a pair of size 12s goes studs up into the side of his knee, and he makes his football comeback at junior level in 3 years time.

in-me-pocket
07-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Boyd has issued no apology, came out on the eve of an international game and blasted the set up, and generally was a hinderence. I'm not wishing it on him, as a know that it would be wrong to, but I would be far from upset if a pair of size 12s goes studs up into the side of his knee, and he makes his football comeback at junior level in 3 years time.

well said

in-me-pocket
07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
so ... the team make up is

6 Huns or EX
2 Celtic or EX
1 yam
1 man ure
1 brummie

Come on the Lichties !!!!!!!

--------
07-09-2010, 12:22 PM
so ... the team make up is

6 Huns or EX
2 Celtic or EX
1 yam
1 man ure
1 brummie

Come on the Lichties !!!!!!

TBF, I think most if not all of them were actually born in Scotland. This makes a change for the better, IMO.

I wasn't aware you were an Arbroath supporter, though? :cool2:

monktonharp
07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
That looks a better line up than Friday's debacle, simply because of the last three. OK, Miller hasn't scored a lot for Scotland but he did have a good partnership with Boyd at Rangers. Also good to see McFadden in from the start.

There may be certain players we'd all like to see given a chance but, face facts, Harry Potter is never going to be an experimental style manager so it's a reasonable choice under the circumstances.

I might even watch some of the game on the telly :wink:it is good to see Faddy getting a start, but he never gets a full game,Deeks would have been a good replacement for him,when he gets hooked

blairwallace
07-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Scotland: McGregor, Hutton, Weir, McManus, Wallace, Brown, Darren Fletcher, McCulloch, McFadden, Miller, Boyd. Subs: Gilks, Adam, Berra, Morrison, Robson, Hartley, Naismith.

Liechtenstein: Jehle, Oehri, Martin Stocklasa, Michael Stocklasa, Rechsteiner, Polverino, Wieser, Erne, Frick, Burgmeier, David Hasler. Subs: Bicer, Eberle, Ronny Buchel, Hanselmann, Nicolas Hasler, D'Elia, Vogt.

the one in bold..... anyone care to explain WHAT THE F*** :confused:

hibee62
07-09-2010, 07:31 PM
In recent times it has always been the results between the two teams that decided who was 2nd, 3rd etc but looks like GD does make a difference:-

a) higher number of points obtained in matches against all teams
b) superior goal difference from these matches
c) higher number of goals scored in these matches
d) higher number of away goals scored in these matches
e) position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system (see Annex I,
paragraph 1.2.2)
f) fair play ranking in these matches
g) drawing of lots

I forgot they'd changed to head to head record, but is that still the case, what you say suggests they have reverted back to goal difference again.

Also, when it comes to getting one of the best runners up spots could it make a difference?

Geo_1875
07-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Goal difference won't come into it. We're pish.

The_Todd
07-09-2010, 08:21 PM
The Scotland line up for tomorrow...... is

....pish.