PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Charity Game 2011 (Rivals4Charity) - Hearts Fans v Hibs Fans

Moncs
06-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone,

The annual Edinburgh Charity Game between Hearts and Hibs fans has been organised for Sunday 27th March 2011 at Tynecastle.

As most of you will know this has been on going since 2006 and to date raised more than £40,000 for local charities within the Edinburgh area.

The trials/training for the Hibs squad will commence around December time and for those of you interested in coming along simply fill in the relevant form on the front page of the website (www.rivals4charity.co.uk)

Any questions please ask and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers
Scott Moncrieff
Rivals4Charity Organiser
www.rivals4charity.co.uk

Moncs
07-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks to everyone who has applied so far, keep them coming.

Remember anyone can apply as long as your over 16

Future17
08-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I've played in this before and can vouch for it being a great experience - at Easter Road and Tynecastle.

All for a great cause as well as I see that MSTC Lothian are this year's main beneficiaries. :thumbsup:

Moncs
10-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks mate...

Just out of interest, what makes people apply to be a part of the charity game? and also what puts people off?

Would be interesting to know

MSK
10-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks mate...

Just out of interest, what makes people apply to be a part of the charity game? and also what puts people off?

Would be interesting to knowBeing a lager guzzling, chain smoking 43 yo ex amateur player with knacked back, a knackered left ankle 2 knacked knee's..a knacked left shoulder & no a stranger tae a Greggs sausage roll or 10... ever so slightly puts me off ...:rolleyes:

Future17
10-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Being a lager guzzling, chain smoking 43 yo ex amateur player with knacked back, a knackered left ankle 2 knacked knee's..a knacked left shoulder & no a stranger tae a Greggs sausage roll or 10... ever so slightly puts me off ...:rolleyes:

As in your saving yourself for the first team? :greengrin

MSK
10-09-2010, 06:37 PM
As in your saving yourself for the first team? :greengrinMaybe if i cut down on the sausage rolls ...:greengrin

H18sry
10-09-2010, 09:57 PM
GENTLEMANS AFTERNOON

Venue – Bainfield Bowling Club

Date – Sunday 13th February 2011 @ 3pm
Tickets - £25

I have now arranged the Gentleman’s Afternoon which is on Sunday 13th February 2011 starting at 3pm. The venue is Bainfield Bowling Club which is on Hutchison Crossway, just off Gorgie Road.

The day will include a 3 course meal, 3 special guest speakers including Sandy Strang, Motherwell funny guy John Gahgan and also Hibs legend Pat Stanton as well as an auction with some fantastic prizes along with a couple of fun games along the way.

Tickets are only £25 each and will sell fast, so get in touch with me asap and let me know how many you need.

80% of the proceeds of the 2011 events will go to this year’s chosen charity MSTC Lothian, and 10% each going to other two charities which were Cash For Kids and Asthma UK (Scotland) .

Hopefully you can make it along with some family and/or friends for what will be a great day

Just let me know.

Scott Moncrieff

Rivals4Charity Organiser

www.rivals4charity.co.uk

Moncs
12-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Being a lager guzzling, chain smoking 43 yo ex amateur player with knacked back, a knackered left ankle 2 knacked knee's..a knacked left shoulder & no a stranger tae a Greggs sausage roll or 10... ever so slightly puts me off ...:rolleyes:

lol, I think a few of us are like that mate

Moncs
16-09-2010, 11:55 AM
bump!!!

Aldo
17-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Played in the 4 -3 victory a few years ago and can I say beating the Yams on their own patch was unbelievable. took a sore one to the face in the last minute stopping their boy scoring ...the after match party at the orwell lodge was excellent.

One of the best experiences I have had. IIRC they some of them were very bad losers and Fraser Ogs had to go and have a few words with some of them. Us dancing in Yam territory with the trophy in the middle Priceless.

Moncs
18-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Played in the 4 -3 victory a few years ago and can I say beating the Yams on their own patch was unbelievable. took a sore one to the face in the last minute stopping their boy scoring ...the after match party at the orwell lodge was excellent.

One of the best experiences I have had. IIRC they some of them were very bad losers and Fraser Ogs had to go and have a few words with some of them. Us dancing in Yam territory with the trophy in the middle Priceless.

That was probably one of the best games (from a fans point of view), a typical game of halves.

Your right, the games over the years have provided people with some of the best experiences they have had, many players have told me this after the event.

Training for the Hibs squad starts in November, so still plenty timr to sign up and get along

Moncs
21-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Training/Trials for the Hibs squad start in mid-November, so still plenty time to get signed up

cheltenhamhibee
21-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Maybe if i cut down on the sausage rolls ...:greengrin

yer no Nade in disguise are ye ? lol

Billy Whizz
21-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Training/Trials for the Hibs squad start in mid-November, so still plenty time to get signed up

Played in the 1st game and loved every minute of it. Probably the oldest player that has played.
Suggest all you posters get your name down for this as soon as possible!

MacBean
21-09-2010, 02:56 PM
played in the first game at tynecastle and it was a cracking experience, will never forget it, although i was only 16/17 at the time!
since moved to india and had a few bad injuries that have taken its toll on me but i could be game for this seasons one

Ritchie
21-09-2010, 03:00 PM
played in the first game at tynecastle and it was a cracking experience, will never forget it, although i was only 16/17 at the time!
since moved to india and had a few bad injuries that have taken its toll on me but i could be game for this seasons one

i see those two goals last week have went to your head!!! :wink:

MacBean
21-09-2010, 03:18 PM
i see those two goals last week have went to your head!!! :wink:

Being played out of position and everything eh... what can you say :cool2:

Judas Iscariot
21-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Being played out of position and everything eh... what can you say :cool2:

Aye..

You've made that water boy position your own :agree:

Moncs
23-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Check out photos and some videos of previous games here...
http://www.rivals4charity.co.uk/page?page=Edinburgh&parentNavigation=938

(click on the year on the left hand pane)

Moncs
27-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Keep them coming, thanks

Hibs90
27-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks mate...

Would be interesting to know

1. Same people most of the time
2. Probably not good enough to get past the trials.

Moncs
27-09-2010, 12:56 PM
1. Same people most of the time
2. Probably not good enough to get past the trials.

Both teams have changed enourmously (sp!!) over the years, although they are some original players who come year after year for the trials, I do try and advertise this in as many places as I can in order to get fresh faces along every year and it does work.

Anyone who plays at any level is welome along, out of the 16 players who are chosen for each team on the day only 2 are allowed to be currently playing or played sen/jun level within the past two years.

I bought that rule in simply to stop it from becoming an alomot semi pro match and allow the vast majority of fans who play for their teams on a saturday or sunday mornings to get the change to play at Tynie or Easter Rd

Moncs
29-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Everybody who has applied should have recieved a reply from myself, if not let me know.

Still plenty time for others to apply, training starts in November

Judas Iscariot
29-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Who's taking the Hibs team this year?