PDA

View Full Version : Nish

Teuchter Hibbie
06-09-2010, 05:40 PM
now that stokes is away, will he get a start with riordan playing off him in his most natural position?

capi
06-09-2010, 05:42 PM
now that stokes is away, will he get a start with riordan playing off him in his most natural position?

Is that the prone position he adopts when someone breathes on him??:wink:

sahib
06-09-2010, 05:44 PM

Where was he playing before Stokes arrived?
I can't really remember him being much better, in all honesty, where ever it was.

Teuchter Hibbie
06-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Is that the prone position he adopts when someone breathes on him??:wink:

:faf:

At The Edge
06-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Speaking of Nish, and this is a bit Off Topic, does he drive a red sporty mini with a private plate?
Sure he passed me on the M8 yesterday on my way back from the unwashed land.
tried to catch up with him so that i could boooooooooo him :wink:

HibbyAndy
06-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Speaking of Nish, and this is a bit Off Topic, does he drive a red sporty mini with a private plate?

NO.

He has a 3 wheeled yellow robin

houston1875
06-09-2010, 06:28 PM

Nope a Beemer

Ps thou art a plank

At The Edge
06-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Nope a Beemer

Ps thou art a plank

Thank you for your kind words, :yawn:

since90plustwo
06-09-2010, 07:31 PM
oh god i hope not, hes pathetic

lyonhibs
06-09-2010, 07:59 PM
I assume you are suggesting that his "natural postition" is up top, leading the line with another striker alongside him??

For that he'll need to mug up on:

a) The Offside rule and it's fundamentally simple nature, especially if you're slower than a week in jail

b) How to actually stay on your feet, like a man of 6' 4" really should be able to.

c) How to co-ordiante your arms, legs and the ball such that you don't piss up one on ones - see the Motherwell game for the most recent example - by failing to even get a shot away.

Incidentally, the best I've ever seen Nish play was for a maddening (in the sense that it shows what he is - theoretically - capable of) period of games at the beginning of last season, where - whether by accident or design - he found himself playing almost "in the hole" and laying the ball off - with his feet, as his featherlite glances he sporadically gets to the ball are rarely "flick-ons" in any useful sense of the word - to Riordan and Stokes.

There was 1 game at ER, I think against Motherwell, where I couldn't stop rubbing my eyes at the Nish that turned up that day. Sadly, it's been downhill since then IMO.

If Duffy and Riordan click, then Nish's "natural position" at the club will be on the bench IMHO.

ClewsHibs
06-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Got a feelin he'll play nish and duffy up front with deek on the left :grr:

3pm
06-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Lyon - I know a lad at Stenny. When Welsh and Currie were there they described Nish as 'frightening' - a compliment - when he was training. He's not as bad as folk make out but he has to do, and is capable of, far more.

bingo70
06-09-2010, 08:33 PM
I assume you are suggesting that his "natural postition" is up top, leading the line with another striker alongside him??

For that he'll need to mug up on:

a) The Offside rule and it's fundamentally simple nature, especially if you're slower than a week in jail

If your 'slower than a week in jail' it's harder to stay onside, he needs to play right on the shoulder of the defenders, so if they step up he'll get caught more often, he's not got the luxury of giving defenders a yard so it makes sense to me that he gets caught offside more often.

Don't really know why being slow should make it easier to stay onside :confused:

FitbaFolkKen
07-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Lyon - I know a lad at Stenny. When Welsh and Currie were there they described Nish as 'frightening' - a compliment - when he was training. He's not as bad as folk make out but he has to do, and is capable of, far more.

Last time i heard someone bang on about what a player could do in training it was in reference to Joe Tortolano.

Always heard he did amazing things with that left boot in training but was apparently a bottle merchant the minute any abuse was given his way.

Thing is if these guys produced it where it matters then they wouldn't get any abuse...stupid game lol

1875godsgift
07-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Last time i heard someone bang on about what a player could do in training it was in reference to Joe Tortolano.

Always heard he did amazing things with that left boot in training but was apparently a bottle merchant the minute any abuse was given his way.

Thing is if these guys produced it where it matters then they wouldn't get any abuse...stupid game lol
But at the end of the day, all joking aside, how many goals has Nishy scored in the Spl?
Lots.
Fact.
End of.

I love putting Fact .... End Of its so Yammish

mikey1875
07-09-2010, 06:59 AM

in the stand!:wink:

Hibs90
07-09-2010, 07:17 AM

Hopefully this will be the case as I'm sure they would actually make a decent partnership.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Confidence player suffering from the added pressure of playing for his heroes ?

Speedway
07-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Got a feelin he'll play nish and duffy up front with deek on the left :grr:

:agree:

Aldo
07-09-2010, 08:37 AM
From what I remember Duffy had a bit of pace, something we have lacked TBH. Lets not judge the guy before he even gets a game....

Nish TBH has a no bad scoring record...his problem is staying on his feet. And lets face it he is usually either no bad or really bad (and the later is what he usually is).

I really expect more from Nish this season....he is no a youngster and has played in the SPL for a few years but he still rolls over like a 10 year old every time he gets the ball.

He has until Jan to get it together and if not its :bye:

Poor guys ears must be ringing. :greengrin

Speedway
07-09-2010, 08:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB3iEOJplr4

Aldo
07-09-2010, 08:48 AM

Some of that will do just fine if you ask me. A 1 yard tap in will do just fine as well mind you.

I hope he gets off to a good start TBH to get the hardliners off his back.

houston1875
07-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Nice!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-09-2010, 09:58 AM
If Nish gets the chance to be a first pick regular front man-target man, then he really needs to start showing the qualities that you need for that. IMO he goes over, far, far too easily. So much so, that if he were an oppo player you would be on your feet every time he won a foul. Can score great goals though.

Spike Mandela
07-09-2010, 10:08 AM

Nice goal but not much further evidence of his scoring exploits on the internet is there.

Spoke to a few Falkirk fans in my work and they reckon he was ok. A few of them said if he didn't have time to think he would get in a great strike but given time to think about what he was doing tended to overdo it and fluff it.

He might be decent but I'm sure we all agree that our attacking options are less potent than they were before the transfer window, even if we sign this Dennnenboom.

Speedway
07-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Nice goal but not much further evidence of his scoring exploits on the internet is there.Spoke to a few Falkirk fans in my work and they reckon he was ok. A few of them said if he didn't have time to think he would get in a great strike but given time to think about what he was doing tended to overdo it and fluff it.

He might be decent but I'm sure we all agree that our attacking options are less potent than they were before the transfer window, even if we sign this Dennnenboom.

I'm not sure that they have the internet in Bristol yet.

Stevie Reid
07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Nish has had many, many bad games for us recently but mainly when he's been asked to play a role he's no good at.

I'm sure I read not long after he signed for us that he beat Kenny Miller's Scottish schools scoring record. I've said it before, I can't recall CN missing many sitters in his time with us, and when his striker's instincts are given a chance to come out, he can finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLu2-pUwSMY&p=8B8B41B93ADCB675&playnext=1&index=7