PDA

View Full Version : Yams Skacel keen on return

bighairyfaeleith
06-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Got to say I reckon he would be a good signing, however like bryson and hartley it is probably just more ****** to keep the legions happy:wink:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Rudi-Skacel-keen-on-return.6514195.jp

Jim44
06-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Got to say I reckon he would be a good signing, however like bryson and hartley it is probably just more ****** to keep the legions happy:wink:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Rudi-Skacel-keen-on-return.6514195.jp

I don't think so. The quotes come from Skacel himself and if they offer him something decent he will probabaly sign.

Diclonius
06-09-2010, 01:44 PM
If he does, can we please not chant a certain chant when they come to Easter Road. :bitchy:

bighairyfaeleith
06-09-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't think so. The quotes come from Skacel himself and if they offer him something decent he will probabaly sign.

Your probably right, however players have used hearts before to talk there value up, and hearts seem quite happy for them to do it so there fans think they are about to sign someone.

I think he would be a decent signing though, if it happens.

bighairyfaeleith
06-09-2010, 01:48 PM
If he does, can we please not chant a certain chant when they come to Easter Road. :bitchy:

sing, don't sing, christ it's hard to know what to do:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
06-09-2010, 02:26 PM
I hope they sign him..

Not had a proper good sing song at ER for ages :agree:

Jack
06-09-2010, 02:34 PM

Don’t see the problem actually! (who thinks someone has stolen my log in details? :greengrin)

I have a video of the Hearts the day they won the SC. It was taken by the club Physio [I think]. It covers events from the morning in the hotel, changing rooms (they're not that big a team believe me:faf:) until at least on the open top bus through the slums of Gorgie, might be the in the hotel celebrations too, I cant remember.

An interesting video for all sorts of reasons but for this thread – the rest of the players can quite clearly be seen and heard singing that song to Rudi on the bus back to Edinburgh. Oh, how they all laughed! :cool2:

So I don’t think this song will affect him in any way what so ever. It does however upset the sensitive wee yams.

So for all those wee yams looking in, who will no doubt have a go at us and our Deeks for singing that song, bare in mind what you say about us goes just as well for your players and your manager.

HibbyAndy
06-09-2010, 02:39 PM
They can have him, He was finished a good few years back.

AK86
06-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Of course not. We couldn,t have people having a laugh at the fitba . I was disgusted when they sang fat jibes at Nade, it's a wonder they never shut the place down :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
06-09-2010, 04:44 PM

God that's going back, I think the debate ran to about 12 pages on that one.

Phil D. Rolls
06-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Of course not. We couldn,t have people having a laugh at the fitba . I was disgusted when they sang fat jibes at Nade, it's a wonder they never shut the place down :rolleyes:

And we're off......

Nothing wrong with a bit of fun, but racism is not on, I'm sure you'll agree. (And don't even mention ginger headed people or weegies).

Diclonius
06-09-2010, 04:48 PM

Since when were chants about someone's weight in any way comparable to chants about their country of origin?

It's the same as their chant about Deano - not on. We're above that nonsense, let's keep it that way.

Chuckie
06-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Since when were chants about someone's weight in any way comparable to chants about their country of origin?

It's the same as their chant about Deano - not on. We're above that nonsense, let's keep it that way.

I'm not.

Andy74
06-09-2010, 05:03 PM

Been done before of course but the song was nothing to do with race or country or origin.

It was a bit more like the Hartley is gay song. Hartley isn't gay but it may be suggested that we are saying being gay is wrong so a bit hurtful to gay people.

Skacel wasn't a refugee but the only real effect is that real refugees would think there is something wrong with being a refugee as that is the potential inference.

I'm still not seeing how refugees, gay people, fat people, ginger people, are any more or less entitled to feel hacked off about a daft song at the football.

Not that offensive to the player either really, schoolboy stuff, because he wasn't a refugee.

Same with Hartley being gay, if he was then it would have been slightly higher up the the offensive scale.

We call people bassas all the time without any real concern over the large number of illegitimate people in the crowd.

People got a bit carried away with the indignation over this one I think.

Houchy
06-09-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm not.

We know:bitchy::bye:

Phil D. Rolls
06-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Been done before of course but the song was nothing to do with race or country or origin.

It was a bit more like the Hartley is gay song. Hartley isn't gay but it may be suggested that we are saying being gay is wrong so a bit hurtful to gay people.

Skacel wasn't a refugee but the only real effect is that real refugees would think there is something wrong with being a refugee as that is the potential inference.

I'm still not seeing how refugees, gay people, fat people, ginger people, are any more or less entitled to feel hacked off about a daft song at the football.

Not that offensive to the player either really, schoolboy stuff, because he wasn't a refugee.

Same with Hartley being gay, if he was then it would have been slightly higher up the the offensive scale.

We call people bassas all the time without any real concern over the large number of illegitimate people in the crowd.

People got a bit carried away with the indignation over this one I think.

That is the common sense answer. Unfortunately we had a contingent who recognised the racist aspect to it, and defended their right to be racists.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Just another donkey looking for an end of career meal ticket, still there should be plenty of them now that Nade is away :greengrin

essexhibee
06-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Would be a great signing. He was a smashing player from what i remember and i think he would be great at hearts, shame he had that tendancy against us to play well. :grr: that celebration at tynie made me want to kill him.

Would welcome him at the hibs. :grr:

HibbyAndy
06-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Would be a great signing. He was a smashing player from what i remember and i think he would be great at hearts, shame he had that tendancy against us to play well. :grr: that celebration at tynie made me want to kill him.

Would welcome him at the hibs. :grr:

That player was 4 years ago.

He's all washed up now..Will still command a hefty wage aswell i reckon, The Slimeballs are welcome to him :cool2:

Alex Trager
06-09-2010, 07:35 PM
The lat game of the east this was sung... and a certain derek riordan looked up and gave a cheeky wee smirk....it was immense

7Hero
06-09-2010, 08:29 PM
this will happen...

FACT !

HibbyAndy
06-09-2010, 08:34 PM
this will happen...

FACT !

Good cause he is utter pish now..A wage thief :cool2:

Hearts fans think of the Rudi from 4 years ago, In reality they have got a player that has bagged about 4 goals in 5 years :cool2:

Have him, Your once worshiped hero will have the boos ringin in his ears by xmas.

Total fandan :agree:

7Hero
06-09-2010, 08:37 PM

Hearts fans think of the Rudi from 4 years ago, In reality they have got a player that has bagged about 4 goals in 5 years :cool2:

Have him, Your once worshiped hero will have the boos ringin in his ears by xmas.

heres hoping andy...

AK86
06-09-2010, 09:17 PM

Firstly, i missed the BIG debate before so sorry if im going over old ground, but people need to lighten up a bit . This sanitized world will be the death of humour in general , especially football
I doubt very much Skacel was hurt by the song. Deano had one eye, folk singing or gesturing about it didn't suddenly remind him of this. He made it as a pro player ffs, the joke was on them

And FWIW, i don't see much difference in poking fun at someones weight or their nationality. Both can be offensive or treated as a bit of banter

Part/Time Supporter
07-09-2010, 06:31 AM
Vlad not so keen on Skacel though...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3127489/Vlad-betrayal-rant-at-Skacel.html

Of course, I'm sure that Jumbo will have the final say in all of this.

:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
07-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Vlad not so keen on Skacel though...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3127489/Vlad-betrayal-rant-at-Skacel.html

Of course, I'm sure that Jumbo will have the final say in all of this.

vlad talks more pish than shabba could ever dream of:greengrin

Toaods
07-09-2010, 06:40 AM
For those who have an image that Skacel is some sort of goal scoring hitman, he has been freed by Southampton having been converted to a left back due to lack of pace. I wouldn't be surprised if he returns to Tynie, as replacement for Wallace.

robinp
07-09-2010, 08:18 AM
vlad talks more pish than shabba could ever dream of:greengrin

Proper fruit cake:

"I am glad that at least I managed to rescue from the patriots of football Gordon and Bednar. It is frightful to think where they could all be now."

:greengrin

Speedway
07-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Ultimately I think that, if Skacel commits himself to Hearts, other teams are going to find it more difficult to add him to their squad.

Albanian Hibs
07-09-2010, 08:36 AM

Phil D. Rolls
07-09-2010, 09:25 AM
The lat game of the east this was sung... and a certain derek riordan looked up and gave a cheeky wee smirk....it was immense

Perhaps the most compelling and articulate arguments for racism I have ever heard! :top marks

Firstly, i missed the BIG debate before so sorry if im going over old ground, but people need to lighten up a bit . This sanitized world will be the death of humour in general , especially football
I doubt very much Skacel was hurt by the song. Deano had one eye, folk singing or gesturing about it didn't suddenly remind him of this. He made it as a pro player ffs, the joke was on them

And FWIW, i don't see much difference in poking fun at someones weight or their nationality. Both can be offensive or treated as a bit of banter

I never understood why people complained about racism in the first place. It was all a bit of fun, and they should get over themselves.

I doubt if it ever hurt their feelings, but I'm not a refugee or immigrant, so how can I tell?

Just because people rise above the jibes, I'm sure they would prefer they weren't spoken in the first place.

Hibs7
07-09-2010, 10:49 AM
It is another jambo failure and it isn't going to happen surprise surprise in the scotsman today Vlad slags him off :faf:

Toaods
07-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Anyone got the link to You Tube of Vlad singing "Rudi Skacel is a ****** refugee."

thebakerboy
07-09-2010, 01:15 PM
What I dont understand is (as I posted on another thread) if a new player is coming to a club does the manager not first have a look to see what he can do and decide that he could bring something to the club then approach the Chairman and say can we do a deal with this guy and the chairman takes it from there. Now Skacel isnt stupid he has been there before so he knows no point in turning up at Tynecastle or Riccarten to see fat Jim , no he goes straight to Lithuania to see Mad Vlad. At what other club but Hearts ?????????????:confused::greengrin:

bighairyfaeleith
07-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I love how any thread about skacel always gets hijacked by the pc brigade. Back off brussels:grr:

matty_f
07-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Rudi Skacel is pish - that's all we need to know.:greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-09-2010, 02:41 PM
He's rubbish

HibbyAndy
07-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Rudi Skacel is pish - that's all we need to know.:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
07-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Correct.

What's your point?

Phil D. Rolls
07-09-2010, 04:12 PM
He's rubbish

Wasn't even very good towards the end of his time with the Yams. I'm sure they said he'd shot it when he was moving on. (Nothing new there then).