PDA

View Full Version : Hibs trial for Lithuanian (Valdas Trakys)

big-mo
06-09-2010, 08:34 AM
I noticed on KB that the jambos are creaming themselves at the thought that Hibs might sign a Lithuanian. Do you think that this would be a problem if we did? :confused:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/197813/Yogi-monitoring-Lithuanian-hit-man

marinello59
06-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Don't they understand the difference between a manager identifying and signing a player and a manager being landed with a player as part of some madmans grand plan? They really are thick.

PeterboroHibee
Why would him being Lithuanian be a problem?

matty_f
Don't they understand the difference between a manager identifying and signing a player and a manager being landed with a player as part of some madmans grand plan? They really are thick.

They don't understand how a week works, never mind something as complicated as a manager getting to sign players that he has identified.

mikey1875
06-09-2010, 08:43 AM
I noticed on KB that the jambos are creaming themselves at the thought that Hibs might sign a Lithuanian. Do you think that this would be a problem if we did? :confused:

i always rated those Lithuanian's :wink:

Chuckie
06-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Why would him being Lithuanian be a problem?

Cos he'll likely end up taking backhanders from Romanov, like Zibi did.

Gettin' Auld
06-09-2010, 08:51 AM
If we sign a Lithuanian player, it would have been done out of choice..........When the yams sign one, it's because they've been ordered to by Mad Vlad. :agree:

thebakerboy
06-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Notice in the Scotsman that Rudi Skacel is a free agent and wants to return to Hearts so he has been to Lithuania to speak to mad Vlad and Sergejus Fedotovas . I thought that JJ was in charge of Hearts and he is in Edinburgh or am I missing something here.:confused::greengrin:greengrin

Andy74
06-09-2010, 08:57 AM
They never did quite understand what it was they got grief for, the players being signed by the onwer, invariably from one of his teams or his pet agents, on loan so the money never go to them.

The fact that many were Lithuanian was not really the issue.

They always made it the issue though so can understand why they might want to try and turn this one around now.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Nail. On. Head. Andy.

RickyS
06-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Cos he'll likely end up taking backhanders from Romanov, like Zibi did.

thought Zibi was a Pole?

from his wiki page, he has had 11 clubs. played in Azerbaijan, Russia, Iceland, Greece and Germany

in total for his 11 clubs he has made 209 appearances and scored 62 goals.

Speedway
06-09-2010, 09:18 AM
thought Zibi was a Pole?

from his wiki page, he has had 11 clubs. played in Azerbaijan, Russia, Iceland, Greece and Germany

in total for his 11 clubs he has made 209 appearances and scored 62 goals.

Not bad for a goalkeeper.

The_Todd
06-09-2010, 09:20 AM
On KB they find the thought of "hobo orphans being set on fire" funny (or something along those lines) so never ever measure anything by their standards.

As has been mentioned above they never grasped what we found funny and still haven't. You need to understand that only a special sort of person contributes to that forum and you need to be patient with them.

Chuckie
06-09-2010, 09:28 AM
thought Zibi was a Pole?

Poland and Lithuania share a border and have a long history of trade and deception..

Sergey
06-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I might be wrong, but don't all those Lith's come with a hefty 'registration fee' though?

RickyS
06-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Poland and Lithuania share a border and have a long history of trade and deception..

he certainly deceived Tony Mowbray:greengrin

heretoday
06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing the Lith goalie at ER. He stopped everything.

Jack
06-09-2010, 10:33 AM

I'll go with that.

Crazyhorse
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM

When I saw the title of this thread I kinda hoped Vlad had been put on trial...

--------
06-09-2010, 11:52 AM
He's 6' 3" tall, he's played for over a dozen clubs, mostly in Eastern Europe, and he has caps for Lithuania, and has scored twice for them.

He's played for both Kaunas and their rivals Ekranas, and he's averaged around a goal every two games for each.

And he's 31 years old, weighs in at about 13 stone, and I can't see how his being Lithuanian would be a problem. Seems to be just the sort of guy we should be looking at.

The only question is - is he any good? :cool2:

Vini1875
06-09-2010, 12:21 PM
thought Zibi was a Pole?

No Zibi was a plank

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2010, 12:32 PM
No Zibi was a plank

No, but it certainly rhymed with plank.

.Sean.
06-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Interesting that we never followed up our initial interest in Zelmikas. He impressed at Dundee United but they couldn't afford him and according to some on the PM board he looked very good. Perhaps it was a case of him or Dickoh?

As for signing a Lithuanian, I don't see why anybody would have a problem with it. We take the piss out of Hearts for signing Lith after Lith as it's Mad Vlad that signs them and not the manager. However if we are looking for another striker i'd have thought we'd have set our sights on somebody other than a 31 year-old journeyman with a really average scoring record. Wonder if the Biscan and Deneboom deals are both dead in the water? Biscan in particular really impressed in training I heard.

Andy74
06-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Interesting that we never followed up our initial interest in Zelmikas. He impressed at Dundee United but they couldn't afford him and according to some on the PM board he looked very good. Perhaps it was a case of him or Dickoh?

As for signing a Lithuanian, I don't see why anybody would have a problem with it. We take the piss out of Hearts for signing Lith after Lith as it's Mad Vlad that signs them and not the manager. However if we are looking for another striker i'd have thought we'd have set our sights on somebody other than a 31 year-old journeyman with a really average scoring record. Wonder if the Biscan and Deneboom deals are both dead in the water? Biscan in particular really impressed in training I heard.

At 6'3" he'd certainly help add more phyisical presence. With these sorts of players it's never really about just the scoring record, they tend to help you in the battle and create space and opportunities for others.

hibee92
06-09-2010, 05:04 PM
If he's a good player i couldny care where he's from!

However, if we start signing a mass of foreign players at the click of the fingers from our owner then its becomes a problem. It's just a real shame that Hearts fans are the most deluded bunch of swear words on this planet.

Everything about them reeks of no class, and as for the "big club" delusion? That's probably come from some trampy idiot noticing that they had more stars on FIFA for the playstation one year.

Every person i've spoken to that doesn't support one of the Edinburgh clubs has said that "they" are the worst run club and the biggest joke in Scotland.

They will never be a big club, i'm not saying that we will dominate Europe, but we've never claimed to be something we're not! "We will be champions of europe" "never beat 5-0" etc etc etc.

Fans attacking players, players dancing in their bedroom with the boyfriends, owner deciding the ins and outs of the club, manager with no say in the running of the club, horrible disgusting stadium, overwhelming debts that are only getting worse, many, many more that we all know of and i just can't be bothered going over them again.

Other side? New stand, best stadium outside the OF, best training facilities in Scotland, little or no real debt, going forward as a club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-BAjo9rCgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnH1msNzIG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvGL4OOW55A&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EVLpoDSYX4&feature=related

I understand that most of this is irrelevant to the topic, but i have no time for the disgust that lives over that end.

Oh Rudi Skacel's coming back! Aye very good, who cares?
Oh we signed Kevin Kyle! Aye? Nish has scored more.

I wouldn't give a care in the world if they vanished from the world of football, they wouldn't be missed and i'd love to see tynecastle crumble (might happen quite soon by the states of it).

Anyway, to summarise, i hate HOMOfc and wish they would die.

:bye:

blairwallace
06-09-2010, 06:20 PM
if he is lithuanian, german, american, spannish, turkish or even english as long as he can play a decent game of football and improve the team get him signed up, and the season after sell him for a profit :thumbsup:

Albanian Hibs
06-09-2010, 06:38 PM
If he's a good player i couldny care where he's from!

However, if we start signing a mass of foreign players at the click of the fingers from our owner then its becomes a problem. It's just a real shame that Hearts fans are the most deluded bunch of swear words on this planet.

Everything about them reeks of no class, and as for the "big club" delusion? That's probably come from some trampy idiot noticing that they had more stars on FIFA for the playstation one year.

Every person i've spoken to that doesn't support one of the Edinburgh clubs has said that "they" are the worst run club and the biggest joke in Scotland.

They will never be a big club, i'm not saying that we will dominate Europe, but we've never claimed to be something we're not! "We will be champions of europe" "never beat 5-0" etc etc etc.

Fans attacking players, players dancing in their bedroom with the boyfriends, owner deciding the ins and outs of the club, manager with no say in the running of the club, horrible disgusting stadium, overwhelming debts that are only getting worse, many, many more that we all know of and i just can't be bothered going over them again.

Other side? New stand, best stadium outside the OF, best training facilities in Scotland, little or no real debt, going forward as a club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-BAjo9rCgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnH1msNzIG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvGL4OOW55A&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EVLpoDSYX4&feature=related

I understand that most of this is irrelevant to the topic, but i have no time for the disgust that lives over that end.

Oh Rudi Skacel's coming back! Aye very good, who cares?
Oh we signed Kevin Kyle! Aye? Nish has scored more.

I wouldn't give a care in the world if they vanished from the world of football, they wouldn't be missed and i'd love to see tynecastle crumble (might happen quite soon by the states of it).

Anyway, to summarise, i hate HOMOfc and wish they would die.

:bye:

:top marks

Albion Hibs
06-09-2010, 06:46 PM
We would just have to doctor his birth certificate to read "Leithuanian".

The main difference will of course come from the fact that our manager will sign him, and not some nutter based on the other side of the water.

I am sure we could probably manage a few good songs out of it anyway!

blairwallace
06-09-2010, 07:16 PM
the closest that someones got for a "rumour" lately was this "dutch sauzee" all they got right was that he was dutch. so personally ill take the back seat and see how this one goes.

fatbloke
06-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Valdas Trakys is that Lithuanian for Bob Shellsuit:greengrin:greengrin

Mibbes Aye
06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I might be wrong, but don't all those Lith's come with a hefty 'registration fee' though?

:agree:

I'm no authority on Scottish clubs signing Lithuanian players.........

However, custom and practice seems to be that if you 'sign' a Lithuanian, then a healthy whack of your club's money disappears in 'registration fees'.

And if you're a shareholder in the club and ask at the AGM as to whom that money went to, you're told to piss off.

It must be legit though. If there was anything wrong, the faithful Yam legions simply wouldn't stand for it, without a doubt.

They could never be accused of lacking backbone, I kidd you not.