PDA

View Full Version : NHC Killie Chaiirman making a plea for government funding.

BEEJ
05-09-2010, 07:10 PM
It's time for the local business community, East Ayrshire Council and the Scottish Government to do more to help Kilmarnock's most famous institution survive in the top flight of Scottish football.

He's a trier, I'll give him that. :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
05-09-2010, 07:12 PM
He missed out Uncle Tom Cobbley!

Hainan Hibs
05-09-2010, 07:16 PM
While the government are at it maybe they could give Rod the cash to write off the rest of debt we have:agree:.

callumstewart
05-09-2010, 07:16 PM
rangers said something a couple of weeks ago saying the goverment should help clubs out ( i think he ment them only )

marinello59
05-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I would guess that the former Johnny Walker workers will watch that one with interest.

Albion Hibs
05-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Total farce that these clubs, especially rangers would suggest getting help from the government. Why should we bail out a team that consistently picks off our players, takes them along the M8 paying them 4/5 times more than we can and as a result ends up in debt and then asks for a hand.

Not to mention the fact that lets be honest, how often do the old firm give us a share of there champions league / uefa cup money. They probably steal two or three buses full of fans from Kilmarnock every week - thats the problem.

We have built a club run on a business model which may hurt us on the pitch, but none the less means we will always have a solid football club.
What happens if they end up putting us out of the cup with players playing for them that they cant even afford – the whole thing is nothing short of cheating as far as I am concerned. :grr:

Kaiser1962
05-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Agree AH.

Certain clubs are, allegedly, avoiding paying income tax by using offshore accounts to pay their players so why should taxpayers money be used to bail them out? The Yams offered Barr more money to sign for them instead off us I, for one, would be mightily pissed off if taxpayers money was used to underwrite this negligent spending. Falkirk made this point last season and got relegated whilst Kilmarnock, who clearly cannot afford to pay the wages they are paying, stayed up. We have had to bite the bullet whilst our best players have moved, rightly so, for much much more money than we can afford, to play for clubs paying money they cant afford, so that we can build our club on sound practice and pay the price for our own overspending. Would we qualify for a £20m rebate?

The_Todd
05-09-2010, 09:10 PM
What a flange. Why should it be up to the government to help Killie stay in the Spl? Why don't the government help ICT, Hamilton or St Mirren beat the drop? What's so special about Killie? Does Killie have a major part to play in the UK economy?

IWasThere2016
05-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Scottish Budget to be cut by £3.7 billion in the next 4 years ..

Benefits cut ..

60,000 Public Sector jobs to go ..

Further redundancies forecast for the construction industry ..

And he wants money for the top level of our game - deary me! :bitchy:

ScottB
05-09-2010, 09:36 PM
This would spark riots if it happened frankly, though I could see Labour in Glasgow backing it, their former muppet Scottish Secretary made suggestions about bailing Rangers out.

Put simply, football clubs are not big employers and clubs like Killie probably contribute squat to the economy in national terms. It'd be even more criminal than bailing out the banks in terms of rewarding financial stupidity.

IWasThere2016
05-09-2010, 09:38 PM
This would spark riots if it happened frankly, though I could see Labour in Glasgow backing it, their former muppet Scottish Secretary made suggestions about bailing Rangers out.

Put simply, football clubs are not big employers and clubs like Killie probably contribute squat to the economy in national terms. It'd be even more criminal than bailing out the banks in terms of rewarding financial stupidity.

:agree:

Vini1875
05-09-2010, 09:49 PM
These guys don't live in the real world. If Killie and the huns own supporters don't or won't or can't help them out then why should anyone else? When Hibs almost went to the wall I can't remember anyone from the Hibs board whinning in the papers how or why we should be helped out.

A lot of companies are going to struggle over the next wee while. I don't have any time for Killie and less than that for the huns but I hope for Mixu's sake he is able to keep them up.

3pm
05-09-2010, 09:51 PM
I doubt Mr Chairman thinks Killie have a chance of a cash sum. It may be that he thinks that if the Huns are getting money then they might as well get some as well which is fair enough! Who knows...

Fantic
05-09-2010, 09:53 PM
The Scottish Government are offering packages to anyone that wants to leave and are freezing wages for 3 years. Statistical and policy depts are running on a shoe string with more cuts to come. The days of easy money are gone and Killie et al have zero chance of getting a cup of coffee out of them.

Dr What If?
05-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Midlothian's lord provost spent £900 on one of their kilts earlier this year, what more do they want?

Geo_1875
06-09-2010, 06:29 AM
If the Government was happy to support greedy people caught with unaffordable mortgages when the banks went tits up, why shouldn't he chance his hand.

Hibs Class
06-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Arbitrary support for clubs like Kilmarnock to enable them to remain in the top league would ensure that prudent, well-run clubs like Ross County remain amongst the also-rans. (Despite our record against them last season that would still be a bad thing!)

Kaiser1962
06-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Money must be tight if Johnson's coming out with this pish and it's only September. They have another nine months of the season to go and eleven till they get their season ticket money.

bighairyfaeleith
06-09-2010, 07:36 AM
They need to loan themselves some money:agree:

heretoday
06-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Coalition to bail out football clubs in desperate bid to boost electoral prospects in the frozen north.

Phil D. Rolls
06-09-2010, 08:07 AM
He's a trier, I'll give him that. :greengrin

Kilmarnock's most famous institution now maybe, after the government didn't help Johnny Walker. Yep, I can see that one going down well with the local voters.

Gatecrasher
07-09-2010, 07:24 AM
said on SSN yesterday that an old chairman wrote off £900K of a £1.8M loan, hopefully that will help them

The_Todd
07-09-2010, 08:06 AM
said on SSN yesterday that an old chairman wrote off £900K of a £1.8M loan, hopefully that will help them

No doubt it will help a little, but they're still in around £9m of hock.

For a club with an average attendance of 5,500 (I think) that's a pretty major black hole.

Hibernia Na Eir
07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
thats right, bail out clubs who overpaid £m's to has-been players for years. Good thinking!

Hearts, Killie, Aberdeen....do we REALLY care if any one of those folded? I for one wouldnt.

monktonharp
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
What a flange. Why should it be up to the government to help Killie stay in the Spl? Why don't the government help ICT, Hamilton or St Mirren beat the drop? What's so special about Killie? Does Killie have a major part to play in the UK economy?:agree: the people of Kilmarnock have spoken.......while their grandfaithers supported the local club,they have turned their back and added red to their blue and white colours,and usually watch it on the telly. quite sad really,that one of our oldest clubs has lost so much support from the local community.

Diclonius
07-09-2010, 12:56 PM
thats right, bail out clubs who overpaid £m's to has-been players for years. Good thinking!

Hearts, Killie, Aberdeen....do we REALLY care if any one of those folded? I for one wouldnt.

Hearts and Aberdeen going under would actually be a burden to their respective communities. Killie wouldn't as no one there actually supports their local team. Another satellite state of the OF, sadly. :yawn:

robinp
07-09-2010, 01:55 PM
They need to loan themselves some money:agree:

:top marks

Genius idea, I might just do the same with this month's caravan money, QUIDS IN!