PDA

View Full Version : Welcome home Journeyman McManus

jon paul jones
05-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Tom McManus signed a short term contract with Falkirk FC in the last few days....Source BBC

Now try not to go to yatube and watch the goal against Rangers during the McLeish era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egKPu90S2SU

Enjoy

Any othercheeky Tam memories

keep the faith
05-09-2010, 09:48 AM
No!

Betty Boop
05-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Tom McManus signed a short term contract with Falkirk FC in the last few days....Source BBC

Now try not to go to yatube and watch the goal against Rangers during the McLeish era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egKPu90S2SU

Enjoy

Any othercheeky Tam memories

Did Tam not do a pole dance celebration round the corner flag, after scoring at Easter Road ? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
05-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Did Tam not do a pole dance celebration round the corner flag, after scoring at Easter Road ? :greengrin

That was at Tannadice. Just after the alleged night out with a few Hibs players at a lap dancing club!!!!

Betty Boop
05-09-2010, 10:35 AM
That was at Tannadice. Just after the alleged night out with a few Hibs players at a lap dancing club!!!!

Ah cheers, I wonder if there is any footage of that ?:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2010, 10:37 AM
I think Tam would love to come back to Easter Road, and he feels his best chance of that is to be signed by Falkirk.

Keith_M
05-09-2010, 10:53 AM
I think Tam would love to come back to Easter Road, and he feels his best chance of that is to be signed by Falkirk.

:faf:

AL-Qaholik
05-09-2010, 10:59 AM

Nothing "alleged" about it...I was there! :thumbsup:

glow1875
05-09-2010, 11:05 AM
From way down town (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5bMN4Bw-o&feature=related)

:agree: (about 3 minutes in...)

Ferryhibby
05-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Not a fan of Davie provan but he put a good quote in todays sunday ranger saying what a waste of talent as some of his team mates O'Connor Brown Whittaker were gearing up for the internationals he was signing a short term deal with Falkirk just didnt have the dedication of the other 3

Billy Whizz
05-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Nothing "alleged" about it...I was there! :thumbsup:

Were you the Pole Dancer:faf:

Betty Boop
05-09-2010, 11:21 AM

What a goal from Tam ! :thumbsup:

bingo70
05-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Not a fan of Davie provan but he put a good quote in todays sunday ranger saying what a waste of talent as some of his team mates O'Connor Brown Whittaker were gearing up for the internationals he was signing a short term deal with Falkirk just didnt have the dedication of the other 3

Would disagree with that, IMO Mcmanus just wasn't as good as them.

.Sean.
05-09-2010, 12:25 PM
I really liked Tam McManus. Used to get him on the back of my top when I was a lad and he scored an absolute peach on my first visit to Ibrox.

I remember when he was on trial at the club under John Collins, me and a mate skived school and got the bus up to Meadowbank to watch him play against Rangers reserves. Met him outside afterwards and he was sound as.

Woody1985
05-09-2010, 12:40 PM

What a score by Tam McManus!

RickyS
05-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Would disagree with that, IMO Mcmanus just wasn't as good as them.

no, not quite I agree but can't help but wonder if he could have made a bit more of himself. who was it that let him go? was it Mogga?

CraigK
05-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Whilst he might not have been as talented as deek, etc (was he ever called up for Scotland?), he still had the potential to be a lot better than his 6 months at Ayr, 6 months at Falkirk, etc suggest.

IIRC he was let go by Mogga due to the fact that he was on such high wages and/or appearance fees and he was also let go by Dundee when they got relegated as he was one of their higher earners.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I never saw what others did in Tam. For me he was an average player, who scored the odd spectacular goal. I dont see what all the fuss is, just an average player plying his trade in the 1st division, probably the right place for him.

Betty Boop
05-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I never saw what others did in Tam. For me he was an average player, who scored the odd spectacular goal. I dont see what all the fuss is, just an average player plying his trade in the 1st division, probably the right place for him.

He was quite a good looking guy, oor Tam ! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2010, 01:39 PM
He was quite a good looking guy, oor Tam ! :wink:

As i said. :wink:

3pm
05-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Had a bit ability but it was important for Tam to have a laugh. Tit.

.Sean.
05-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Whilst he might not have been as talented as deek, etc (was he ever called up for Scotland?), he still had the potential to be a lot better than his 6 months at Ayr, 6 months at Falkirk, etc suggest.

IIRC he was let go by Mogga due to the fact that he was on such high wages and/or appearance fees and he was also let go by Dundee when they got relegated as he was one of their higher earners.
Wasn't he on something like 5 grand a week at one point?

iwasthere1972
05-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Cracking goal.

The kinda player we could do with at Easter Road.

Kojock
05-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Remember his headed goal at Kilmarnock in the last 5 minutes of a Scottish Cup tie that we held on to win 1-0 The whole away stand was literally bouncing.

CraigK
05-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Wasn't he on something like 5 grand a week at one point?

Something like that, there's another thread at the moment talking about the wages we were paying at that time and figure of that size were being bandied about.

I worked at HBOS for a few years and i know for a fact (i could see Hibs accounts) that Tam got more than £60K of a pay off from Hibs.
Randomly, as well, i can confirm that we paid £200K to Newcastle the day Alan O'Brien signed:brickwall.

BEEJ
05-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Remember his headed goal at Kilmarnock in the last 5 minutes of a Scottish Cup tie that we held on to win 1-0 The whole away stand was literally bouncing.
:agree: Brilliant game. Mixu played at left back for over an hour as I recall. :greengrin

I worked at HBOS for a few years and i know for a fact (i could see Hibs accounts) that Tam got more than £60K of a pay off from Hibs.

Randomly, as well, i can confirm that we paid £200K to Newcastle the day Alan O'Brien signed:brickwall.
That figures with the information being put about at the time. You don't happen to remember how much we paid for Maka that summer, do you? :wink:

heretoday
05-09-2010, 05:11 PM
He used to run around to little effect up front but somehow it was hard to dislike him.

He'll get a great welcome if he plays at ER again.

IWasThere2016
05-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Tam flattered to deceive :agree: Mad as tae!

Brilliant line, FR :thumbsup: :faf:

silverhibee
05-09-2010, 07:35 PM

:tee hee:

Hibbie_Cameron
05-09-2010, 10:10 PM

Bang on.

If he was half as good as he thought he was, then he would not be signing 6 month contracts at Ayr united and Falkirk. Im also sure he turned down very good money to stay in the MLS but he left citing he wanted a bigger wage

Joy Zipper
06-09-2010, 07:31 AM
What a goal from Tam ! :thumbsup:

Not "What a goal". It's "What a score from Tom McManus - from way downtown ".

You have to love American commentators - they're so bad !

KWJ
06-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Loved the guy. The cheeky chappy. Mind watching him score a pen when we got humped v Hearts at Tynie 4-1 looking for the U21s league back then.

Also mind his debut coming on as a sub v Stranraer in the last game of the first div when Archie Lovell was captain and you could hear nothing but "HOLD IT" all game in an English accent. Liked Tam from then. His next match was as a starter in right midfield in the last game of the following season against Hearts at Tynie. Cameron kicked him off the park, literally.

I mind him giving Neil Lennon lip and Lenny having a kick out at him but not getting caught right in front of the East. Someone else had a kick at him too, dirty player that was at Livi and now plays in England. Cannae mind his name.

Top scorer with 13 under Blobby.

Very unfortunate not to be on the bench for the 01 cup final after he scored a couple of important goals to get us there including the Killie header as pointed out.

Pulling a Jambo when warming up before a Derby, she wrote to Hibs enquiring about him!

Having a beer beside him in the Caley bar in Tenerife.

Everyone wanting Dundee to stay up because Livi had signed that boy as a Janny or something - Kachloul. Near the end of the game Tam hit a belter that came back of the post, had it gone in Dundee would have stayed up.