PDA

View Full Version : Did you support Scotland last night?

Jones28
04-09-2010, 06:46 PM
And I mean every aspect, were you willing on Kenny Miller? Did you say well done when Davey Weir put in a god challenge? Did you say "that was a great save by Mcgregor" at all during the game?

Hiber-nation
04-09-2010, 06:50 PM
I called all these huns for everything but still supported them if that makes any sense...

yekimevol
04-09-2010, 06:55 PM
if your a scot and scotland is playing you support them :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

we may not agree with the ranger's boys who are in the squad who change there mind every other day, or bozzegate.
the fact that we think theres better players out there that are not getting pick.

BUT its still scotland you get behind your contry, NO MATTER WHAT :grr::grr::grr:

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2010, 07:08 PM
if your a scot and scotland is playing you support them :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

we may not agree with the ranger's boys who are in the squad who change there mind every other day, or bozzegate.
the fact that we think theres better players out there that are not getting pick.

BUT its still scotland you get behind your contry, NO MATTER WHAT :grr::grr::grr:

Rubbish, i watched the first half in my club, but at 8pm we started our poker school that we have every week. I played poker and glanced over every now and then, but forgot about it after a while, and it had finished about an hour before i realised it was over. 0-0 1 up front, the poker was a better bet.

bubblesmorrison
04-09-2010, 07:14 PM
why would you not?

btw why dose miller never ever bring his rangers form to the scotland games?

lEXO
04-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Aye of course i did.Why would,nt you if you went to the effort to watch it?

Geo_1875
04-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Always have, always will. BUT, I know who was to blame last night, and it wasn't anything to do with the East of Scotland.

Kyle A
04-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Did start watching the game, but im becoming numb to it now, scotland games dont inspire me anymore. didn't watch the full game.

Golden Bear
04-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Silly effin queastion unless you're on the wind up!

Baldy Foghorn
04-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I hate these I am a better fan than you type threads..... Bloody Scotland uberfans:grr::grr:

crewetollhibee
04-09-2010, 07:34 PM
why would you not?

btw why dose miller never ever bring his rangers form to the scotland games?
Or his Scotland form to Ranger's games !!!

Golden Bear
04-09-2010, 07:54 PM
*loody quislings - I'd shoot the lot of them!

:wink:

:greengrin

heretoday
04-09-2010, 07:59 PM
I supported them but it wasn't life or death, you know?

Jones28
04-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Aye of course i did.Why would,nt you if you went to the effort to watch it?

You dont have to watch a game to support the team :confused:

Jones28
04-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Silly effin queastion unless you're on the wind up!

No, Im not on the wind up. Im just interested to know how people felt about the game, one thread in particular was up saying "Come on you Liths"

If you dont like the question why bother commenting on it?

Dinkydoo
04-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Yes, it's Scotland, I'm Scottish and the players on the pitch are Scottish too - why does it matter that some of the players play for Rangers?

col02
04-09-2010, 08:11 PM
The Scots who are non plussed by the national team should just keep quiet and let the Scots who still support the national side get on with it. Plenty other matches on if needing a fix of football!

Jones28
04-09-2010, 08:12 PM
I hate these I am a better fan than you type threads..... Bloody Scotland uberfans:grr::grr:

Where in my post does it say im an Uberfan? Christ! Can I not ask a simple uestiion and get a straight forward answer?

WHY would you comment on the thread if you dont like it?

col02
04-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes, it's Scotland, I'm Scottish and the players on the pitch are Scottish too - why does it matter that some of the players play for Rangers?

Goes against the narrow minded approach some people have in not wanting to support players that play for Scotland who happen to play for other teams in Scotland.

Sloppy
04-09-2010, 08:14 PM
not necesserily :greengrin

glow1875
04-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I called all these huns for everything but still supported them if that makes any sense...

:agree:

For example: I hate MacGregor and all his antics, but he didn't put a foot wrong last night. A horrible man, but a very, very good goalkeeper.

I wish there were more Hibbies in the squad, and firmly believe DR should be there, but that shouldn't take away from those that do play.

Shaggy
04-09-2010, 08:17 PM
I support Scotland.
I support Hibs............

The only embarrissing thing about that is a sizeable proportion of the Hibs support,
if you wid only buck off and support the Yams yer mentallity would be appreciated across there.

Golden Bear
04-09-2010, 08:17 PM
No, Im not on the wind up. Im just interested to know how people felt about the game, one thread in particular was up saying "Come on you Liths"

If you dont like the question why bother commenting on it?

On the contrary. As soon as a player wears the blue & white jersey of Scotland then I'll support them regardless of the their Club. As it should be surely?

:confused:

Hibernia Na Eir
04-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Scotland are simply dull. Full of triers, but a comedy to watch. Europes joke?

Golden Bear
04-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Scotland are simply dull. Full of triers, but a comedy to watch. Europes joke?

Bur better than some hibernia na Eir or whatever.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Bur knows?

Sir David Gray
04-09-2010, 09:05 PM

For example: I hate MacGregor and all his antics, but he didn't put a foot wrong last night. A horrible man, but a very, very good goalkeeper.

I wish there were more Hibbies in the squad, and firmly believe DR should be there, but that shouldn't take away from those that do play.

I'm afraid I can't lend my support to guys like McGregor. Not two weeks ago, he was deliberately trying to get a Hibs player sent off. For me, that is unforgivable and I cannot support any team that has people like Allan McGregor in it.

Coco Bryce
04-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm afraid I can't lend my support to guys like McGregor. Not two weeks ago, he was deliberately trying to get a Hibs player sent off. For me, that is unforgivable and I cannot support any team that has people like Allan McGregor in it.

I agree :agree:

weonlywon6-2
04-09-2010, 09:16 PM

:top marks

stupid vquestion in the first place:bye:

Chuckie
04-09-2010, 09:24 PM
I support Scotland.
I support Hibs............

The only embarrissing thing about that is a sizeable proportion of the Hibs support,
if you wid only buck off and support the Yams yer mentallity would be appreciated across there.

Real Hibs supporters would never support any team with 6 huns in it.

Now if you'd only fokk off to the tartan army message board and gie us peace.

I've had to do without my Hibee fix for a week cos of this *****y Scotland team.

AndyB_70
04-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Seeing as I was at the game I'll say yes :thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
04-09-2010, 10:00 PM

:troll:

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2010, 10:12 PM

I've had to do without my Hibee fix for a week cos of this *****y Scotland team.

I would never have agreed with this a few years ago, but i'm 100% behind this now, i cant cheer on those pricks i have just finished giving dogs abuse to only 2 weeks earlier.

Removed
04-09-2010, 10:17 PM
I agree 100% I saw the score at ht and it was so predictable. The whole international set up stinks.

Wembley67
04-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Not read any of the replies but of course I did. I want anything scottish to win.

Iain G
04-09-2010, 10:20 PM
No I didn;t, ok the time difference makes it easy to avoid/miss (delete as appropriate) games back home and in Europe, but it has been ages since I actually actively cared about the Scottish national team, they are generally mince and cloaked in the dull plodding predicatbility of the SFA and chums.

It is just a reflection on the way football is run in Scotland, it's the old mates network taken form on a pitch, it's a stuffy, unexciting approach to football which does nothing to appeal to my natural incliniation to watch good, attacking, skillfull football.

Sorry if this makes me any less "Scottish" but I shall choose other ways to show pride in my country other than support that rubbish at present. :agree:

chrisski33
04-09-2010, 10:21 PM
wow i mustnt be a real hibs fan then! Ill support scotland nevermind who is playing for them and what club they play for!

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2010, 10:26 PM
wow i mustnt be a real hibs fan then! Ill support scotland nevermind who is playing for them and what club they play for!

Pish pish and more pish. Who is saying you are not a real hibs fan because you support the national team? You are entitled to support the national team all you want, just as i dont give a toss about them.

chrisski33
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
well it was in to chuckies post! He said no real hibs fan wud support a team with 6 huns in it and scotland had!

tamig
04-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I gave up any real interest in Scotland a long time ago. Had the game on but I was flicking between all the games. Club before country for me every day of the week.

hibb1
04-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I started watching then got bored out my nut:yawn: ended up watching Andy Murray:thumbsup: way better

Pete
04-09-2010, 10:55 PM

It's Scotland. It's not a team you "choose to support" but it's your country and you have no choice.

You're a wind up person and a bad man.

hibbiedon
05-09-2010, 05:43 AM
And I mean every aspect, were you willing on Kenny Miller? Did you say well done when Davey Weir put in a god challenge? Did you say "that was a great save by Mcgregor" at all during the game?

The day I act like an old firm bigot and put another country before my own is the day hell freezes over, it is my country end off

Hainan Hibs
05-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Club before country for me every day of the week.

I've never understood that mentality. There is absolutely no need for it as Hibs and Scotland will never be rivals.

iwasthere1972
05-09-2010, 06:45 AM

While they're playing for Scotland they will get my full support regardless of which team they play for.

Silly question anyway.

Davy Mac
05-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Yes, I'm Scottish but I turned on the game at 70 mins and realised I hadn't missed much - no suprise there.

But if you asked me did I rush home to watch it? Nay.

Like the strip though.

Chibs
05-09-2010, 07:16 AM
:saltireflag:saltireflag

Andy74
05-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Just not very interested in Scotland games. Never have been really but these days we have no intention of winning games so why bother.

Septimus
05-09-2010, 07:55 AM
I naturally want Scotland to win but I am realistic enough to know that an international team which has to rely on a 40 year old is not going to go very far. The really annoying thing was the perpetual rubbish from Robertson telling us that we were better in every aspect of the game and just unlucky not to have scored. Surprise! Surprise! Leveine made the same comments the next day.

Chuckie
05-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Yes, I'm Scottish but I turned on the game at 70 mins and realised I hadn't missed much - no suprise there.

But if you asked me did I rush home to watch it? Nay.

Like the strip though.

The strip is tidy... :agree:

hibsbollah
05-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Yes I supported them but it was a close thing. How can you support a team with Alan McGregor in it? or that thug McCulloch, who can barely be described as a footballer at all? (the commentators were fawning all over him as if he was MOTM or something, he's incapable of anything creative at all). I thought Collins and Nevin were way off in their positive assessment of the performance, we only looked dangerous when he made the subs that should have been on from the start.

Torres against Davie Weir in a few months. What a joke.

Part/Time Supporter
05-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I would have done anyway, but I became a bit more agitated as the game wore on due to disgust at various antics of the Lith players.

J-C
05-09-2010, 08:48 AM
I was working friday night and although I had the match on the radio, I found I was turning over to Talksport and getting all the updates from all over as they came in, with the team Potter selected you could see a 0-0 a mile away.

Part/Time Supporter
05-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I naturally want Scotland to win but I am realistic enough to know that an international team which has to rely on a 40 year old is not going to go very far. The really annoying thing was the perpetual rubbish from Robertson telling us that we were better in every aspect of the game and just unlucky not to have scored. Surprise! Surprise! Leveine made the same comments the next day.

Dino Zoff was 40 in 1982
Peter Shilton was 40 in 1990

They were both goalies of course, so your point is still valid.

And totally agree with your complaint about Robertson, his obvious sticking up for his pal Craig was just too blatant. We'd have been moaning if commentators showed pro-England bias like that, albeit with the caveat that the game on Friday wasn't being broadcast across the UK.

basehibby
05-09-2010, 08:58 AM

Sorry but that is a shockingly stupid and ignorant statement and you deserve every one of these smileys...
:grr::yawn::blah::doh::asshole::asshole::asshole:: chop::bye:

Nando™
05-09-2010, 09:11 AM
You cannot support any team that has people who try to get Hibs players sent off specifically or you cannot support any team that has cheaters in it?

Bostonhibby
05-09-2010, 09:31 AM

:agree: or indeed a manager who seems to want to ignore this sort of behaviour, I didn't support Scotland in the way I have in the past, but on the day I found myself wanting them to win in the way I sometimes want an underdog to win in a game betwen 2 teams I don't support. I am comfortable with that as an obsession with one frustrating team is enough:wink:

Ryan69
05-09-2010, 09:45 AM
I found a boozer that was showing it,would of loved to have been there but too expensive.

Would I be right in saying there was 10 players/ex players from the ugly sisters starting? It was shocking to see.
Does Naismith even get a game? Personally I would of played Riordan in that position.
We had a couple of dangerous set-pieces,If Riordan had played Im fairly sure he would of scored or contributed more than Naismith....still cant understand the big deal about him.
In Kenny Miller.....wrong move,there was many better options.
Davie Weir...There is definately better options than this,if we get to euros will he be playing? Or will another guy get thrown in at the deepend? Plus Davie Weir is a very dirty player too.
Completely saddened to see how badly run the Scottish football team is at the moment....but regardless you soldier on with them.

Anyone who follows Scotland will agree however that when you goto the Scotland games its absolutely incredible.....The games only 90 minutes of the trip too! :thumbsup:

skipster7
05-09-2010, 10:05 AM
On the contrary. As soon as a player wears the blue & white jersey of Scotland then I'll support them regardless of the their Club. As it should be surely?

:confused:

do we have a nail,hammer head smiley ?

lEXO
05-09-2010, 10:21 AM
You dont have to watch a game to support the team :confused:
I was answering your question of "did you say well done when Davie Weir made a tackle" etc.You would do that if you watched the game i think.And aye i did watch the game, but would want them to win even if i had,nt.Does that answer your question?

HibbyAndy
05-09-2010, 10:24 AM
I will always want Scotland to win but im not remotely as passionate about Scotland as i am about Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
05-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Where in my post does it say im an Uberfan? Christ! Can I not ask a simple uestiion and get a straight forward answer?

WHY would you comment on the thread if you dont like it?

I dont care about Scotland, I take no interest in National Football. I only care about Hibs, but one post in particular saying that everyoine had to support Scotland was pathetic:confused:

Chuckie
05-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Sorry but that is a shockingly stupid and ignorant statement and you deserve every one of these smileys...
:grr::yawn::blah::doh::asshole::asshole::asshole:: chop::bye:

Nearly 40% of people on this poll agree with me byzan.

Jones28
05-09-2010, 10:53 AM

stupid vquestion in the first place:bye:

If its a stupid question why waste time answering it? :bye:

Jones28
05-09-2010, 10:54 AM
I dont care about Scotland, I take no interest in National Football. I only care about Hibs, but one post in particular saying that everyoine had to support Scotland was pathetic:confused:

Well thats your decision, all I asked was if you supported the national team last night

Baldy Foghorn
05-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Well thats your decision, all I asked was if you supported the national team last night

In answer to your question then, it is no.......:wink:

Jones28
05-09-2010, 10:56 AM
While they're playing for Scotland they will get my full support regardless of which team they play for.

Silly question anyway.

WHY answer it then?!

Jones28
05-09-2010, 11:01 AM
In answer to your question then, it is no.......:wink:

Thank £$%^ for that, a sensible yes or no answer :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
WHY answer it then?!

:doh: Because you asked. :wink:

For some reason some folk think it's cool to not support Scotland nowadays. I think it's just plain daft but that's my opinion.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2010, 01:50 PM
:doh: Because you asked. :wink:

For some reason some folk think it's cool to not support Scotland nowadays. I think it's just plain daft but that's my opinion.

As someone who used to be a card holding tartan army member, i have to disagree that its cool to not support the national team. I'm just fed up being kicked in the bollox by those players i am supposed to support.

When is a lifetime ban not a lifetime ban? Answer when a new manager comes in. These erseholes dont lift a finger to help the man in charge, but expect me to support them when the manager they have helped get sacked is gone, and the new man is licking their backside begging them to come back?

No, i just cant do that, and its nowt to do with being cool.

Antifa Hibs
05-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I care about Scotland as much as I care about Hertz.

Team full of huns managed by a useless hertz ****.

I despise Levein, Scott Brown, Whittacker, Miller, Weir etc etc. I'm not going to shout abuse at them one week then applaud them the next.

Hibercelona
05-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I care about Scotland as much as I care about Hertz.

Team full of huns managed by a useless hertz ****.

I despise Levein, Scott Brown, Whittacker, Miller, Weir etc etc. I'm not going to shout abuse at them one week then applaud them the next.

Backing your country isn't about "liking" or "disliking" certain aspects of it. Its about showing passion through thick and thin, regardless of how painful it is to do so.

I also despise all those players you mentioned, but i'd never turn my back on my country regardless.

Antifa Hibs
05-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Backing your country isn't about "liking" or "disliking" certain aspects of it. Its about showing passion through thick and thin, regardless of how painful it is to do so.

I also despise all those players you mentioned, but i'd never turn my back on my country regardless.

Scotland just doesn't interest me. Even for the big games, went to the boozer for the Scotland v Italy game 2007 I think it was. All my mates, the whole pub well up for it, everyone gutted at the final whistle, I couldn't care less and had to force myself to show a bit emotion and what have ye. The Tartan Army don't help matters aswell, wouldn't want to be associated with those numpties at all.

matty_f
05-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Levein's attempt at picking a squad scunnered my interest in the national side to such an extent that I forgot we were playing, only found out the result yesterday and have absolutely zero intention of trying to see any of the game.

I dare say I'll not watch a Scotland side again til he's punted unless he takes a drastically different approach to picking a side.

Room for Broadfoot in the squad but not Riordan, and folk wonder why Scottish football's in the nick it's in. :bitchy:

Hibercelona
05-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Scotland just doesn't interest me. Even for the big games, went to the boozer for the Scotland v Italy game 2007 I think it was. All my mates, the whole pub well up for it, everyone gutted at the final whistle, I couldn't care less and had to force myself to show a bit emotion and what have ye. The Tartan Army don't help matters aswell, wouldn't want to be associated with those numpties at all.

I wouldn't like to be associated with these numpties either. :agree: But its the country i'm associated with, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm angry at the lack of passion and fight in the team, but i'm always hopeful that one day we will rise up and make a name for ourselves.

Of course, its highly unlikely this will ever happen, as long as we have the same useless clowns in charge.

But as much as I hate those who are running the club (and even those running the country), I'm still Scottish and will back anyone who is willing to represent us.

Even if I hate them individually with a passion. :agree:

H18sry
05-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Nearly 40% of people on this poll agree with me byzan.

More importantly over 60% dont :dizzy:

H18sry
05-09-2010, 02:30 PM

:confused: in what way do the Scotland fans not help?

Antifa Hibs
05-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Doesn't help me take an interest in the national team. Cringe factor x100000

iwasthere1972
05-09-2010, 02:32 PM
To the 38.75% of Scotland bashers out there. If, and it's a big if, Scotland went into their final game needing a win to qualify for Euro 2012 would you still be wanting the opposition to win?

Simple question.

Antifa Hibs
05-09-2010, 02:36 PM
To the 38.75% of Scotland bashers out there. If, and it's a big if, Scotland went into their final game needing a win to qualify for Euro 2012 would you still be wanting the opposition to win?

Simple question.

Nope. But at the same time I wouldn't care less. I'd probably be washing my hair that day.

iwasthere1972
05-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Nope. But at the same time I wouldn't care less. I'd probably be washing my hair that day.

That takes 105 minutes does it?

H18sry
05-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Doesn't help me take an interest in the national team. Cringe factor x100000

You have lost me, can you try to explain why?

c31
05-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Hibs are first but I was there with my Hibby mates watching my Country as I have done for the last umpteen years, had a great time as usual and was disappointed we didn't win.

Same old threads after a Scotland game, jealousy?

Baldy Foghorn
05-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Hibs are first but I was there with my Hibby mates watching my Country as I have done for the last umpteen years, had a great time as usual and was disappointed we didn't win.

Same old threads after a Scotland game, jealousy?

Jealousy??????:confused::confused::confused:

Wembley67
05-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Would peoples opinion of the national team change if the backbone was made up of hibs players...I think it would!

Hibercelona
05-09-2010, 03:15 PM
The thread title "Did you support Scotland last night" can be looked upon in many different ways.

You can support the Scottish football team, Scottish rugby team, Scottish tennis players... etc

You could also support Scotland everyday by doing your part to help improve it.

Just because some people aren't supporting a team full of football players wearing the Scottish logo, doesn't mean that they arent supporting Scotland as a country.

Theres a difference between supporting a football team and actually supporting your country.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Would peoples opinion of the national team change if the backbone was made up of hibs players...I think it would!

If the people in charge had a backbone, that might do it for me.

JohnScott
05-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Without doubt the saddest post ever! "Scotsmen" debating if we should support our country :bitchy:. This despite the fact the squad has 4 ex Hibees in it (6 if you include Deeks and O'Connor) something we should be proud of. Nah, not us lot of whinging gits!

The "NO" brigade are every bit as sad as one of my ex-gaffers (a Hun) who said he'd rather support England. Or in fact, as pathetic as Souness who said he'd rather play for England as they treat their players like stars. Poor wee soul!

Picture Blackpool sitting with his half pint of stout peering over his shoulder at the telly. This while he plays cards with his english mates. What a sad git!

woody47
05-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Will always support Scotland although I do have a certain few words thrown at that streak of pesh Miller everytime he plays.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Without doubt the saddest post ever! "Scotsmen" debating if we should support our country :bitchy:. This despite the fact the squad has 4 ex Hibees in it (6 if you include Deeks and O'Connor) something we should be proud of. Nah, not us lot of whinging gits!

The "NO" brigade are every bit as sad as one of my ex-gaffers (a Hun) who said he'd rather support England. Or in fact, as pathetic as Souness who said he'd rather play for England as they treat their players like stars. Poor wee soul!

Picture Blackpool sitting with his half pint of stout peering over his shoulder at the telly. This while he plays cards with his english mates. What a sad git!

Away and throw sheite at yourself.

johnrebus
05-09-2010, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=JohnScott;2568706]Without doubt the saddest post ever! "Scotsmen" debating if we should support our country :bitchy:. This despite the fact the squad has 4 ex Hibees in it (6 if you include Deeks and O'Connor) something we should be proud of. Nah, not us lot of whinging gits!

There are a heck of a lot sad gits on this message board right now then. And I am one of them.

All this ' you must support your country stuff ', what a load of old crap.

Its about having a brain to analyse things and say ' No, I'm not going to swallow the same old rubbish '.

Not supporting Harry Potter and his pals has sweet **** all do with being Scottish.

Its about personal choice.

--------
05-09-2010, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=JohnScott;2568706]Without doubt the saddest post ever! "Scotsmen" debating if we should support our country :bitchy:. This despite the fact the squad has 4 ex Hibees in it (6 if you include Deeks and O'Connor) something we should be proud of. Nah, not us lot of whinging gits!

There are a heck of a lot sad gits on this message board right now then. And I am one of them.

Its about having a brain to analyse things and say ' No, I'm not going to swallow the same old rubbish '.

Not supporting Harry Potter and his pals has sweet **** all do with being Scottish.

Agree completely. Couldn't put it better.

Count me in as another sad git.

Ed De Gramo
05-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I must be a sad git as well then....

Have no interest in the National Team....sad excuse for a football nation when you have banned players getting reinstated, Scottish grannies and a manager who promised so much but became a yes man within 2 nano-seconds of sitting down at the press conference.

Potter could have made a statement by telling Boyd, McCulloch, MacGregor and whatever other fan dans to GTF....but he didn't...he bowed to the pressure of the weegie rags and fannies who make up the Scotland board....

Tuesday night???? I'd rather sit and watch paint dry

Baldy Foghorn
05-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Have no interest in the National Team....sad excuse for a football nation when you have banned players getting reinstated, Scottish grannies and a manager who promised so much but became a yes man within 2 nano-seconds of sitting down at the press conference.

Potter could have made a statement by telling Boyd, McCulloch, MacGregor and whatever other fan dans to GTF....but he didn't...he bowed to the pressure of the weegie rags and fannies who make up the Scotland board....

Amen:top marks

--------
05-09-2010, 04:33 PM

I'm painting my garage doors Tuesday evening, gramo. You can come and watch them dry if you like. Burgers, beer, coupla deck-chairs... :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
05-09-2010, 04:55 PM
For as long as the Tartan grandparent rule exists, I have very little interest,

ie Morrison, Kommons, McLevely, Fox, Gilks, Hughes, and Levein's recent attempted call ups in Andy Carroll, Ameobi, etc.

Let alone the whole Arteta debate.

Hank Schrader
05-09-2010, 05:36 PM

I don't know what's sadder, this post or someone having their annoying pus as their avatar.

Hainan Hibs
05-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't know what's sadder, this post or someone having their annoying pus as their avatar.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/wonder_woman.gif

marinello59
05-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Please cut out the personal abuse........it's Sunday and I don't want to be trawling through here deleting posts etc when I could be drinking beer.:wink:

euro Hibby
05-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Have to agree , Scotland set up seems to be going from bad to worse. Support them yes but watch them no ! THe lichtenstein DVD is a no story - might have a few bob on a draw for Tuesday night. Read the boss is looking to play the flair players after digging out a result in Lithuania.

The Silver Fox
05-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Like 99% on here I suport Scotland but I lack Sky telly so I miss out. Having said that, they are very rarely entertaining to watch.

iwasthere1972
05-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Have to agree , Scotland set up seems to be going from bad to worse. Support them yes but watch them no ! THe lichtenstein DVD is a no story - might have a few bob on a draw for Tuesday night. Read the boss is looking to play the flair players after digging out a result in Lithuania.

Aye that is supporting them right enough.

seanraff07
05-09-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't mind Scottish people not supporing Scotland, but see when they support England instead that's what annoys me.

My Yam mates were doing my bloody head in on Friday, they were posting status' on Facebook saying 'England game tonight!'. I can't stand it when people that support England instead say they don't support Scotland cause the SFA are a joke.. in that case support the country then and not the the ****in SFA!

euro Hibby
05-09-2010, 08:50 PM
When you live away from home you actually usually become more passionate with your support. Where the Scotland football team is concerned , I am afraid the opposite is happening after 20 years. After a while you just feel like giving up because you have seen it all before. Our football is run by idiots ! We can become world class cyclers but we go backwards with football. We manage Ok up to under 21 , with respectable sides but thereafter nothing.... Its aalso not a case of wanting a winning Scotland team. Anyone who has supported Hibs for 40 years understands dissapointments............

Hibbie_Cameron
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I support my country at any sport and just like every other home football international, ill be there on tuesday night:thumbsup:

broonie27
06-09-2010, 02:05 AM
Club then country for me. However I will ALWAYS support my national football team regardless of who's in the starting 11 and who's the manager at the time.

I've nothing against people on this thread that don't support Scotland, I just don't really understand it TBH.

The result of the pole has genuinely surprised me - I though it would be more like +84% in favour of supporting Scotland.

JOD
06-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Having followed our country in Argentina/Italy/ Spain/France in world cup finals

and never seen Scotland's holy grail ie., never qualifying to 1/4 finals. some of

you on this site need a reality check. When you put on the dark blue of Scotland

you are playing for our small nation whoes no 1 sport is still fitba.Yes were Hibees

but I support every player who plays for us no matter his club.

:saltireflag

7Hero
06-09-2010, 06:24 AM
I will always want Scotland to win but im not remotely as passionate about Scotland as i am about Hibs.

sums it up for me andy, although i have been pretty gutted when scotland have lost but nothing matches the pain of following hibs...

Skanko79
06-09-2010, 07:35 AM
the only two legit reasons you should really have for not getting behind your countrys football team if you love football like most of us on hear do are simply.....

a/ you dont like football.
b/ your not scottish.

to be honest, id go as far as saying anyone who refuses to support their national team regardless of whos playing/not playing are just as bad as the huns/tims that support england/rep ireland and are from scotland. no doubt when/if we do get to the finals of a majour tourney these people will suddenly be the most patriotic folk on the planet and dare i say it, maybe even want to go.

H18sry
06-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Having followed our country in Argentina/Italy/ Spain/France in world cup finals

and never seen Scotland's holy grail ie., never qualifying to 1/4 finals. some of

you on this site need a reality check. When you put on the dark blue of Scotland

you are playing for our small nation whoes no 1 sport is still fitba.Yes were Hibees

but I support every player who plays for us no matter his club.

:saltireflag :top marks

the only two legit reasons you should really have for not getting behind your countrys football team if you love football like most of us on hear do are simply.....

b/ your not scottish.

to be honest, id go as far as saying anyone who refuses to support their national team regardless of whos playing/not playing are just as bad as the huns/tims that support england/rep ireland and are from scotland. no doubt when/if we do get to the finals of a majour tourney these people will suddenly be the most patriotic folk on the planet and dare i say it, maybe even want to go.

Baldy Foghorn
06-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Please cut out the personal abuse........it's Sunday and I don't want to be trawling through here deleting posts etc when I could be drinking beer.:wink:

Can you not multitask man?:devil::wink:

Baldy Foghorn
06-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Some people on here think it is the Scottish criteria for nationalism that you must support Scotland at football.......

Some people myself included could not care less..... That is all about opinions, just like some people rate certain players and some dont.......

That is what football is all about, opinions

euro Hibby
06-09-2010, 08:27 AM
and if the products pish why should you buy into it ! ?

Skanko79
06-09-2010, 08:46 AM
so, in other words, all the folk on here who wouldnt support scotland can you honestly say that at france 98, italia 90, sweden 92, england 96. beating england at wembley in the play offs. you relly didnt give a toss? honestly???

Steve20
06-09-2010, 08:54 AM
so, in other words, all the folk on here who wouldnt support scotland can you honestly say that at france 98, italia 90, sweden 92, england 96. beating england at wembley in the play offs. you relly didnt give a toss? honestly???

I can honestly say 100% that I did not give a toss about any of that.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2010, 09:08 AM

I was at 3 of those you mentioned, and loved ever minute of them. Things have happened since then that have sickened me with the Scotland set up. Thats why i am not fussed much now. I want them to win obviously, but don't really care much when they don't. I'm just a sad git.:faf:

Chuckie
06-09-2010, 09:08 AM
A large part of my non supporting of Scotland is the Tartan Army, and the embarrassment of being associated with them.

H18sry
06-09-2010, 09:42 AM
A large part of my non supporting of Scotland is the Tartan Army, and the embarrassment of being associated with them.

I'm still looking for an explanation into what this actually means :confused:

Skanko79
06-09-2010, 09:48 AM
I can honestly say 100% that I did not give a toss about any of that.

are you not scottish then?

Baldy Foghorn
06-09-2010, 09:50 AM

I am Scottish but 100% can honestly say I could not give a toss..... Does this make a bad person?:confused:

Antifa Hibs
06-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm still looking for an explanation into what this actually means :confused:

Middle aged middle class men walking about singing anti-England songs while dressed like extra from the set of Braveheart. Not my cuppa at all.

Skanko79
06-09-2010, 09:52 AM

so when you watch hibs does that instantly associate you with being a casual?

to be honest mate, i spent a good 5/6 years following scotland all over the place. although i had a barry time i did however feel that alot of folk that think they are the "tartan army" feel that you are only in it if you have over 20 pin badges from other countrys on your daft hat. i never got caught up in any of that but seen first hand how annoying these people really are. but regardless of who watches scotland or anyone for that matter i do it because i want them too win. couldnt give a toss about so called politics in the game or how much of a pleb the guy next to me is. i follow the scotland national team because i enjoy it. im scottish and i want them too win. exactly the same applies too watching the hibees.

H18sry
06-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Middle aged middle class men walking about singing anti-England songs while dressed like extra from the set of Braveheart. Not my cuppa at all.

I have followed both Hibs and Scotland abroad on numerous occasions and you get Hibs and Scotland fans wearing kilts, the singing anti English songs its, not big its not clever but it happens, but because Scotland travel in greater numbers, it may get noticed more.

We have a national dress that we proudly wear when supporting Scotland and Hibs abroad, the Dutch wear orange boiler suits, and support there team with pride, it may not look good but when your team comes out and see's the numbers that the fans have turned out in gives them a lift.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2010, 10:07 AM
I've been to many an away Scotland game, each one of the trips being superb in their own way. Unfortunately haven't witnessed many wins, but, still had a great time, same applies to Hibs euro away games. I've never worn a kilt to a game, but, seems quite a popular garment from what I recall. Anyway, not long until Prague, cannae wait!

euro Hibby
06-09-2010, 10:17 AM
As you get older you should find that there are more important things than football. Yes you follow the results but it means less. Also as pointed out by Blackpool, many things have changed since the old days and personally my loyalty is much more towards Hibs than Scotland.

Steve20
06-09-2010, 10:32 AM
are you not scottish then?

Yes, I am Scottish. Born and lived in Scotland my whole life.

Chuckie
06-09-2010, 10:47 AM
I have followed both Hibs and Scotland abroad on numerous occasions and you get Hibs and Scotland fans wearing kilts, the singing anti English songs its, not big its not clever but it happens, but because Scotland travel in greater numbers, it may get noticed more.

We have a national dress that we proudly wear when supporting Scotland and Hibs abroad, the Dutch wear orange boiler suits, and support there team with pride, it may not look good but when your team comes out and see's the numbers that the fans have turned out in gives them a lift.

The whole national dress/national pride thing doesn't sit with me.

I think it's more about a group of unfulfilled, aging males wanting to escape their wives/girlfriends and act like children for a short time.

Kilts as well - Sorry but they are skirts and other nations laugh at them.

basehibby
06-09-2010, 10:49 AM

:greengrin[/QUOTE]

...and here was me thinking supporting football was an emotional thing rather than a coldly dissected theoretical decision making process.

Well - since you've now educated me about "what it's all about" I think I'll stop supporting Hibs and just become a glory hunter - let me see - who's been the most successful Scottish side recently - ah yes so I'll become a hun because according to you it makes more sense - continuing to be a Hibee would be just "swallowing the same old rubbish" afterall.

As for Scotland - you're right - they're pish and they always have been so now I'm making logical decisions about who to support according to how well run the set up is, you can now consider me a Spaniard - adios amigos :bye:

7Hero
06-09-2010, 11:10 AM

I think it's more about a group of unfulfilled, aging males wanting to escape their wives/girlfriends and act like children for a short time.

as much i want to reply constructively i just cant bring myself to even put some thought into it so ill type the first thing that came into my mind.

"your a plum"

Skanko79
06-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Yes, I am Scottish. Born and lived in Scotland my whole life.

aw well. each to their own. suppose its one less person wanting a ticket when we do finally get somewhere.

Skanko79
06-09-2010, 11:16 AM
as much i want to reply constructively i just cant bring myself to even put some thought into it so ill type the first thing that came into my mind.

"your a plum"

Peevemor
06-09-2010, 11:25 AM

That's you and that's fine. Not everyone's the same.

I think it's more about a group of unfulfilled, aging males wanting to escape their wives/girlfriends and act like children for a short time. I see no problem with that.

Kilts as well - Sorry but they are skirts and other nations laugh at them.Some people might laugh, but almost never maliciously. A lot of people are intrigued but most are jealous. Apart from team colours, no other country has anything like it, ie. a singular item of clothing that sets them apart from the rest while being instantly identifiable. I'm not part of the tartan army and have never followed Scotland abroad, but I doubt there's anyone on .net that has worn the kilt as often as I have. I personally wouldn't wear some of the 'accessories' sported by certain in the TA, but seeing thousands of them bunched behind a goal (eg. at the Parc des Princes a couple of years ago) gives me goose bumps, a reaction which is shared by many non scots.

Houchy
06-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I voted "Yay" for the fact that, as unlikely that it is that we qualify, I really can't see all these "You're just supporting a rantic 11" not wanting to go down the pub to get into a heaving pub to watch the tournament. IF we were to qualify or even get to the last game where we need a win or draw to qualify, the buzz that goes round is brilliant. Success also obviously means potentially easier qualifying for future comps.

Yes, the fact that Davie Weir still gets wheeled along like some retired war vet and players like Deek get overlooked gets on my thrupenies but if Scotland are playing, although my passion and intrests are not elevated to levels when watching the Hibs, i'm still behind the Scotland Natonal Side.:agree:

johnrebus
06-09-2010, 12:10 PM

...and here was me thinking supporting football was an emotional thing rather than a coldly dissected theoretical decision making process.

Well - since you've now educated me about "what it's all about" I think I'll stop supporting Hibs and just become a glory hunter - let me see - who's been the most successful Scottish side recently - ah yes so I'll become a hun because according to you it makes more sense - continuing to be a Hibee would be just "swallowing the same old rubbish" afterall.

As for Scotland - you're right - they're pish and they always have been so now I'm making logical decisions about who to support according to how well run the set up is, you can now consider me a Spaniard - adios amigos :bye:[/QUOTE]

Great Stuff!!!

Wha's like us, eh?

Chuckie
06-09-2010, 12:34 PM

"your a plum"

Yes I know, you've already said so elsewhere.

Not plum enough that Ill support dirty huns in a football match.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I voted "Yay" for the fact that, as unlikely that it is that we qualify, I really can't see all these "You're just supporting a rantic 11" not wanting to go down the pub to get into a heaving pub to watch the tournament. IF we were to qualify or even get to the last game where we need a win or draw to qualify, the buzz that goes round is brilliant. Success also obviously means potentially easier qualifying for future comps.

Yes, the fact that Davie Weir still gets wheeled along like some retired war vet and players like Deek get overlooked gets on my thrupenies but if Scotland are playing, although my passion and intrests are not elevated to levels when watching the Hibs, i'm still behind the Scotland Natonal Side.:agree:

If the players can pick and choose when they want to play, surely the supporters can do the same?:confused:

H18sry
06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes I know, you've already said so elsewhere.

Not plum enough that Ill support dirty huns in a football match.

When does a player stop becoming a "dirty hun" ? If Kenny Miller, Stevie Whittaker and Stevie Naismith, were to leave Rangers and sign for Hibs would they still be Huns or Hibby's?
To me and many others it is the moment they pull on the national shirt of SCOTLAND

Chuckie
06-09-2010, 01:06 PM
When does a player stop becoming a "dirty hun" ? If Kenny Miller, Stevie Whittaker and Stevie Naismith, were to leave Rangers and sign for Hibs would they still be Huns or Hibby's?
To me and many others it is the moment they pull on the national shirt of SCOTLAND

Fair enough Mister.

It's not for me though.

basehibby
06-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Fair enough Mister.

It's not for me though.

Did you refrain from backing Ivan Sproule and Stephen Dobbie when they played for Hibs then??? Did you give up Hibs all together during the Alex Miller years??? And do you still Boo Ian Murray onto the pitch every other saturday???

Also, did it escape your attention that 2 of the dirty huns playing for Scotland on Fri are products of the Hibs Youth system???

tamig
06-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I've never understood that mentality. There is absolutely no need for it as Hibs and Scotland will never be rivals.

Good for you then. I love Hibs more than I love the Scotland football team. Let me put it that way.

tamig
06-09-2010, 04:32 PM

b/ your not scottish.

What a load of pish that is.

Jones28
06-09-2010, 05:58 PM

Foreign birds LOVE them :agree:

iwasthere1972
06-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Foreign birds LOVE them :agree:

Think you'll find they love what's underneath them. :wink:

--------
06-09-2010, 07:14 PM

FLAIR players??????

What flair players? :confused:

Chuckie
06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Did you refrain from backing Ivan Sproule and Stephen Dobbie when they played for Hibs then??? Did you give up Hibs all together during the Alex Miller years??? And do you still Boo Ian Murray onto the pitch every other saturday???

Also, did it escape your attention that 2 of the dirty huns playing for Scotland on Fri are products of the Hibs Youth system???

Probably..

Ed De Gramo
06-09-2010, 09:33 PM

b/ your not scottish.

what a pile of pish!

ENDOF

Peevemor
06-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Think you'll find they love what's underneath them. :wink:

Your socks?

C I Hibee
06-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Proud to support the first team to wear the green,and proud to say I was there supporting my country in Lithuania. Also saw a big 'Easter Rd TA' flag outside a bar :thumbsup:

gorgie_harp
06-09-2010, 10:56 PM

No.:agree:

lucky
06-09-2010, 11:23 PM
I voted no. The Scotland thing just does not do it for me. 6 of us sit together at ER all ST holders the other 5 are into it. I could not bring myself to support a team with 6 Huns playing. Half of ER was calling McGregor a sex offender one week then he is a great guy cos he made a save playing for Harry Potter's 11.

I'm told its not the football but the whole TA experience that makes the trips worthwhile. But it just looks like a big p1ss up for middle age guys to enjoy without their partners. But as I say some like some don't. But 35% of .net don't follow Scotland. I wonder how that compares with our SPL clubs?

Hibee_Rab
06-09-2010, 11:50 PM
I put yes, but techincally no because they didn't play yesterday anymore. However my answer will be correct again on wednesday.

ekhibee
07-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Levein's attempt at picking a squad scunnered my interest in the national side to such an extent that I forgot we were playing, only found out the result yesterday and have absolutely zero intention of trying to see any of the game.

I dare say I'll not watch a Scotland side again til he's punted unless he takes a drastically different approach to picking a side.

Room for Broadfoot in the squad but not Riordan, and folk wonder why Scottish football's in the nick it's in. :bitchy:
Agree with every word of that. :top marks

ekhibee
07-09-2010, 12:27 AM
On the subject of 'getting behind your country', I've been a Scottish Nationalist for many years now, in the hope of a fairer deal for my country. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and support a team that has such a blatant bias towards OF players, some of them very ordinary indeed, and a manager that clearly has his own prejudices, the Naismith/Riordan situation being a glowing example. I'm proud of being Scottish, always will be, but I lost interest in the national team a long, long time ago.

barcahibs
07-09-2010, 02:26 AM
No interest in international football whatsoever I just don't get it sorry - I felt exactly the same way when Scotland were beating France BTW and I'm pretty sure I'll still feel like that in the unlikely event the national team ever qualify for anything.

I'll go as far as to say that I'm very glad there are no Hibs players involved in the set up, if it were possible I'd have all Hibs players withdrawn from national squads (cept of course it does mean that we have a better quality of player and it boosts young players potential value).
The potential for one of our players to get injured whilst playing some pointless international (and they're all pointless in my mind) is a risk I'd rather not take.

There's also the fact that it deprives me of a Hibs fix for a week when the seasons only just started. I very rarely get a weekend off and the chance to see the Hibs. I had to go shopping this weekend :bitchy:

It's only very recently however that I've begun to take a sort of pleasure in the national team losing and its caused by the - I'm sure a small minority - of fans who post on here and elsewhere accusing those that don't follow the international football of not caring about their country.
That annoys me and offends me, I'm hugely proud to be Scottish and so I start to want them to lose to spite those fans. Childish maybe but there you go.

Big90inOz
07-09-2010, 02:44 AM
I'm 49 now and have not had an interest in the national side for over 20 yrs :agree:

I use to follow them blindly then realised how blind I had been to the West coast bias. It sickens me to the core to see old firm bench warmers getting a shirt when there are players in the SPL playing consistantly well for their club.

We will never ever have any success as long as this continues.

bandylegs_jLeighton
07-09-2010, 05:12 AM
I can understand those who haveqaracters who want Hibs to get beat because it furthers their case for outing another manager.
Or the people who refuse to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2010, 08:34 AM
No interest in international football whatsoever I just don't get it sorry - I felt exactly the same way when Scotland were beating France BTW and I'm pretty sure I'll still feel like that in the unlikely event the national team ever qualify for anything.

I'll go as far as to say that I'm very glad there are no Hibs players involved in the set up, if it were possible I'd have all Hibs players withdrawn from national squads (cept of course it does mean that we have a better quality of player and it boosts young players potential value).
The potential for one of our players to get injured whilst playing some pointless international (and they're all pointless in my mind) is a risk I'd rather not take.

There's also the fact that it deprives me of a Hibs fix for a week when the seasons only just started. I very rarely get a weekend off and the chance to see the Hibs. I had to go shopping this weekend :bitchy:

It's only very recently however that I've begun to take a sort of pleasure in the national team losing and its caused by the - I'm sure a small minority - of fans who post on here and elsewhere accusing those that don't follow the international football of not caring about their country.
That annoys me and offends me, I'm hugely proud to be Scottish and so I start to want them to lose to spite those fans. Childish maybe but there you go.

:agree::agree:

Weekends without Hibs are totally woeful..............

Dashing Bob S
07-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Voted no. I wish I felt differently, but everytime I switch on the television to watch a Scotland game, I feel within five minutes or so, that i've made the worse decision of my life and that i'll never get those minutes back.

It seems a good third of Hibs fans have little or no interest and even positive hostility towards the Scotland international setup. The majority find it hard to understand, but the reasons have been exponded at length here.

The bottom line is that there is no statutory requirement for any Hibernian supporter to take an interest in any other footballing side.

--------
07-09-2010, 12:15 PM

Agree with all of that - plus the fact that it's not unknown for Rangers/Celtic to use international get-togethers to sound out other teams' players about a move down the M8 to Weegieville. that's called 'tapping', and it's against the rules, but it's gone on as long as I've been following football, and I don't see why I should support the set-up that allows it.

So I don't take pleasure in the team losing, but it doesn't bother me these days.

And like you, the way my work-schedule works out, there are periods when I find it hard to get to ER, and when a clear Saturday coincides with a Granpa Broon/Uncle Walter/Harry Potter Borefest.... :grr:

I too am proud to be a Scot, but my patriotism doesn't consist in dressing up like a clown and jumping up and down over the 'national' football or rugby team.

I believe Alec Salmond once referred to those who do as "90-minute patriots". :devil:

Skanko79
07-09-2010, 03:39 PM
what a pile of pish!

ENDOF

hows that like?

what national team, if any would you be more inclined to support then?

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2010, 03:42 PM
hows that like?

what national team, if any would you be more inclined to support then?

What if people don't want to follow National Football as a whole, does this still irk you?:confused:

Skanko79
07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
What if people don't want to follow National Football as a whole, does this still irk you?:confused:

nah not really. each to their own i suppose. i just find it hard to unserstand how anyone who loves the game at club level doesnt even have the slightest bit of passion for watching/supporting the country they were brought up in when they play. im 31 years old, supported hibs all my days and can honestly say, i have never ever came across anyone who doesnt get behind scotland when they play, mind you, im freinds with an english chap who lives up here and follows hibs also but supports england when they play which is totally fine.

whats your problem with supporting scotland? are you peeved of cos levein is in charge? or are you one of these folk that chooses to wear a republic of ireland shirt to a hibs match and you tend to support them in favour of scotland because of hibs's irish roots even though you dont have a drop of irish blood in your body?

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't go to Hampden tonight even if i had free tickets. The whole thing bores me to tears.

I used to love going to Hampden years ago to watch Scotland pre-tartan army days, when the Scotland fans were real.

Can't be bothered now with the Jimmy McJimmy's!

--------
07-09-2010, 04:03 PM
nah not really. each to their own i suppose. i just find it hard to unserstand how anyone who loves the game at club level doesnt even have the slightest bit of passion for watching/supporting the country they were brought up in when they play. im 31 years old, supported hibs all my days and can honestly say, i have never ever came across anyone who doesnt get behind scotland when they play, mind you, im freinds with an english chap who lives up here and follows hibs also but supports england when they play which is totally fine.

whats your problem with supporting scotland? are you peeved of cos levein is in charge? or are you one of these folk that chooses to wear a republic of ireland shirt to a hibs match and you tend to support them in favour of scotland because of hibs's irish roots even though you dont have a drop of irish blood in your body?

As far as I can see, a fair number of those who disagree with you have already explained why - perfectly clearly.

You support the Scotland football team. Fine. Ok. No problem.

I don't like international football, and have absolutely no enthusiasm for Levein, his brand of 'football', or the sort of people he seems determined to recruit to the 'cause', but I still follow Hibs because they're MY TEAM.

Why is this a problem to you or anyone else?

A great man once observed that patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels.

I suspect he was thinking of the sort of patriotism being touted by some posters on this thread.

But then, silly me - he was an Englishman, so he MUST have got it wrong, right? :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2010, 04:04 PM

I have been to two Scotland games when younger, never enjoyed either experience, and have never bothered watching any games since. Don't really follow National Football at any level, and did not really watch the World Cup. I never wear any football tops and do not follow Eire.

My only footballing passion is Hibs, and anything else just does not cut the mustard for me............

--------
07-09-2010, 04:09 PM

What? I think you should go and have a wee lie down, chum.

Take a pill or two, maybe.

:devil:

AndersonGGTTH
07-09-2010, 04:12 PM

Did a **** support them , it would not make sense for me to call mgregor a cheating ******* then say great save , levein and these huns ***** out b4 a will supprt them club before country:wink:

euro Hibby
07-09-2010, 04:13 PM
currently I have more interest in the Under 21 's because the big team is not worth following for all wellposted previously.

The unders usually have a sprinkling of players from more teams so more representative. Probably end in tears today but fine, we are used to that....

Much prefer to see Hibs ........

Skanko79
07-09-2010, 04:41 PM
What? I think you should go and have a wee lie down, chum.

Take a pill or two, maybe.

no time to lie down. have a train to cath and a national team to support. :bye:

bighairyfaeleith
07-09-2010, 04:47 PM

:bye:

missing you already:not worth

--------
07-09-2010, 04:50 PM

The away you go and leave the rest of us in peace.

Don't forget your "funny" ginger wig, now.... :bye:

iwasthere1972
07-09-2010, 05:18 PM

:doh: Spent 5 minutes trying to work out which station Cath was short for. :grr:

HibbyAndy
07-09-2010, 05:20 PM
:doh: Spent 5 minutes trying to work out which station Cath was short for. :grr:

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

A was the same :hilarious

Skanko79
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
excellent stuff guys. its honestly no wonder so many folk come on hear to post and get involved but dont bother because of complete tools like you.

picking folk up on simple grammar is about as far as you will go whilst sitting/hiding behind your computers posting complete drivel on hear and whacking off over you hannah montana posters.

enjoy the match tonight lads :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
07-09-2010, 06:40 PM
excellent stuff guys. its honestly no wonder so many folk come on hear to post and get involved but dont bother because of complete tools like you.

picking folk up on simple grammar is about as far as you will go whilst sitting/hiding behind your computers posting complete drivel on hear and whacking off over you hannah montana posters.

While wearing Republic of Ireland strips?

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2010, 07:16 PM

god fur yoh. Enjoy ra math:greengrin

Betty Boop
07-09-2010, 07:22 PM

iwasthere1972
07-09-2010, 10:58 PM

:hilarious

--------
07-09-2010, 11:21 PM

Dood yoh injoi tha math?

Aye hape yoh stoyed ti tha ind. :cool2:

euro Hibby
07-09-2010, 11:23 PM
what you wrote is actually quite difficult to do unless you have been trained !

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Surely last night just proves why there is so much negativity/apathy towards the National team as a whole?

Boris
08-09-2010, 08:49 AM

Canni see the auld baldy foghorn wearing any fitba top unless Giorgi Armani starts making them & charging £100 plus a pop........:greengrin

--------
08-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Canni see the auld baldy foghorn wearing any fitba top unless Giorgi Armani starts making them & charging £100 plus a pop........:greengrin

How many Hibs fans wear Republic of ireland shirts at ER?

I thought that was a Celtic thing.... :confused:

vein
18-09-2010, 01:17 AM
no time to lie down. have a train to cath and a national team to support.

missing you already:not worth

The away you go and leave the rest of us in peace.

Don't forget your "funny" ginger wig, now....

:tee hee:

A was the same :hilarious

:hilarious

Dood yoh injoi tha math?

Aye hape yoh stoyed ti tha ind. :cool2:

Spoke to Skanko79 tonight and he mentioned he wont be posting on Hibs net again and told me about this thread.

Well done guys on driving a good Hibby away from the messageboard.

Some of the pish he got in the above quotes for simple grammar beggars belief

Pete
18-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Spoke to Skanko79 tonight and he mentioned he wont be posting on Hibs net again and told me about this thread.

Bad news after reading that.

Good hibbies should be encouraged to contribute.

Tell him to come back and make him aware that the ersewholes are more obvious the more you post..but they eventually become irrelevant.

vein
18-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Bad news after reading that.

Good hibbies should be encouraged to contribute.

Tell him to come back and make him aware that the ersewholes are more obvious the more you post..but they eventually become irrelevant.

Good post mate.

I'm sure he will read it himself and take it all on board!

Pete
18-09-2010, 02:06 AM
Good post mate.

I'm sure he will read it himself and take it all on board!

I hope so.
There's too many idiots on this board with too much too say for themselves!

Don't let the fannies win...that's my saying!:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
18-09-2010, 04:38 AM

Ah come on. It's not as if any of us (well not me anyway) gave him abuse but if he wants an apology then fair enough.

Sorry Shanko79 :agree:

Get yourself back in and don't let the spelling and grammar police drive you away. There's a spelling and grammar tool on Hibs.net and it's not me.