PDA

View Full Version : Lets see the SFA show some balls now that Fifa has changed its mind eh...

Hibs On Tour
04-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Fifa have changed their minds over using TV evidence retrospectively to ban players for diving:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8968115.stm

Enjoy your sit on the sidelides Mr McGregor... :bye:

[or at least I wish that would be the case - we all know the SFA will do **** all]

StevieC
04-09-2010, 07:08 AM

Haven't we already done this though with the Kyle Lafferty ban?

I think, wrongly, it hinges on how the referee deals with it at the time. It only seems to incur a ban if the referee misses it or is conned. If the ref see's it for what it is and dishes out a yellow card then that's it dealt with. If he misses it then it's dealt with using video evidence and a ban is handed out.

To be fair, the referee's have directives and the directive for simulation is a yellow card. Personally I think with McGregor it was "Serious Foul Play" trying to get a fellow professional sent off, but as the ref dealt with it there and then as "Simulation" then I suspect that its unlikely he is going to change his decision.

down-the-slope
04-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Fifa have changed their minds over using TV evidence retrospectively to ban players for diving:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8968115.stm

[or at least I wish that would be the case - we all know the SFA will do **** all]

:rolleyes: hows that...under proposal vid evidence would only be where ref did not see incident..where he did and took some / no action at the time that is considered final

banarc7062
04-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Can understand your feelings but remember it's one of the ugly sisters who are involved and as the ref took minimal action at the time matter closed.

Caversham Green
04-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Haven't we already done this though with the Kyle Lafferty ban?

I think, wrongly, it hinges on how the referee deals with it at the time. It only seems to incur a ban if the referee misses it or is conned. If the ref see's it for what it is and dishes out a yellow card then that's it dealt with. If he misses it then it's dealt with using video evidence and a ban is handed out.

To be fair, the referee's have directives and the directive for simulation is a yellow card. Personally I think with McGregor it was "Serious Foul Play" trying to get a fellow professional sent off, but as the ref dealt with it there and then as "Simulation" then I suspect that its unlikely he is going to change his decision.

:agree: I think that's what people are missing re the McGregor incident. Lafferty actually managed to get the boy sent off IIRC and his punishment was because he had conned the ref. McGregor was caught trying to con the ref and was dealt with at the time. I think the answer would be to upgrade an offence like McGregor's to a red card, but it's too late now for that particular incident.

I can understand Fifa's attitude to this in a way - trying to maintain the ref's status as the final arbitrator during the game - but they need to give them more assistance as well. I can't really blame the ref in the McGregor incident (apart from booking Deek) because he took the most severe action he was allowed to under the rules.

blairwallace
04-09-2010, 10:33 AM
SFA decision against rangers=nothing going to happen.

Hibs On Tour
04-09-2010, 12:04 PM
OK then...

Bear in mind also that Deek got booked for absolutely nothing because of his dive so we/Hibs did suffer a penalty because the ref made an arse of it!

I know, I know but we all know it would have been oh so different if it had been their striker and our keeper

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I thought the ref booked the hun for adopting an aggressive attitude? If so he clearly missed the ham acting, and its now fine to look at the incident again? How long should i keep holding my breath?:confused:

Cabbage East
04-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Huns in avoiding punishment shocker.

The_Sauz
04-09-2010, 02:41 PM
I love to see the Ref's report on the game and to count how may times he used correction fluid :wink: