Weir
Whittaker
Naismith
Mculloch
Fletcher
Brown
Robson
Miller

Has to be 1 of the least inspirin scotland teams i can ever remember!!! :grr: :grr:

Why no dorrans? he has to be the inform player in the whole squad!!!

Naismith??? how the **** can he get a game???

Levein GTF :grr:

Musselbound
03-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Been trying to avoid all the negativity that's been around but I have to agree. No Dorrans who is arguably THE great hope for Scottish fitba and no Faddy either. Instead we get the likes of McCulloch and Naismith. Looks like a team that is set up not to lose the match rather than win it despite what Levein says. He also said current form is a big factor so what the hell is Hutton doing there? I had a feeling he might try to find a place for McCulloch but at the expense of Dorrans or McFadden is just unbelievable. Against my better judgment, I was starting to get myself up for this game but that starting line up has just taken the wind right out of my sails.

HIBERNIAN 1875
03-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Hutton, Fletcher and Brown are the only players in the whole team that I would consider to be very good players.

Iain G
03-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Scotland team for against Lithuania :

Mcgregor
Hutton
Mcmanus
Weir
Whittaker
Naismith
Mculloch
Fletcher
Brown
Robson
Miller

Has to be 1 of the least inspirin scotland teams i can ever remember!!! :grr: :grr:

Bar Fletcher, its like Craig Levein only focused on Old Firm or ex Old Firm players when picking this.

Levein can go get tae France, how to kill interest in the Scottish team in one easy lesson. IMHO we need a decent non-Scottish coach who will pick players on merit instead of anything else...but they won't due to the Berti Vogts fiasco... :grr:

sundo1875
03-09-2010, 06:09 AM
Miller up front on his own ! He has not scored for scotland for ages and mcculoch it wasn't a long time ago he pi**ed off from the national team I would have dorrans and mcfadden in for mucculoch an naismith but I still think we will win 2-0 cmon SCOTLAND

California-Hibs
03-09-2010, 06:12 AM
C'mon Scotland!! :thumbsup:

essexhibee
03-09-2010, 06:21 AM
:bye:

Bostonhibby
03-09-2010, 06:30 AM

Mcgregor
Hutton
Mcmanus
Weir
Whittaker
Naismith
Mculloch
Fletcher
Brown
Robson
Miller

Dorrans doesn't play for Rangers, he isn't 40 and doesn't seem to have any Yam connection whatsoever therefore never Scotland class. Sadly I am not that bothered about Scotland whilst Leveins in charge, I had high hopes that e wouldn't be the establishment man but..........

Judas Iscariot
03-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Comedy genius Potter :faf:

3-0 Lithuania :agree:

Iain G
03-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Dorrans doesn't play for Rangers, he isn't 40 and doesn't seem to have any Yam connection whatsoever therefore never Scotland class. Sadly I am not that bothered about Scotland whilst Leveins in charge, I had high hopes that e wouldn't be the establishment man but..........

He's a Yam, they all really want to be establishment men, it's their goal in life, to be accepted by those in power and tug their forelock at every time...Levein is a dullard and an imbecile and doesn't have the inclination to think beyond the perceived status quo...

Would love to have seen someone like John Collins in that role, he'd have done it his way at least, "see this SFA board, this is a 6 pack"... :greengrin

DCI Gene Hunt
03-09-2010, 06:46 AM
There must be some mistake here. The title of this thread is "Scotland Team" but from the list above I only see the Rangers Team.

Shum mishtake shirley? :drunk:

Guv

GlesgaeHibby
03-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Come on Scotland :agree:

Faddy has a slight groin injury, that's why Naismith is in.

Dorrans is a player in form, and I would definitely want him in the team but overall that isn't too bad a side.

Strong unit defensively, hard working midfield. I worry about misser up front, but if he can carry his fine start of season form for Rangers into this game then we will be ok.

A win tonight please lads :thumbsup:

Hibby Bairn
03-09-2010, 06:57 AM
I think that is a team that can get us a result.

bighairyfaeleith
03-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Can't really get excited about this game TBH, normally get right behind scotland.

pacorosssco
03-09-2010, 07:11 AM
I always want Scotland to win

Cant stand Levein and it has nothing to do with Yam connection he clearly is a hun in disguise. His comments selections since in charge are a disgrace. Im sure well get the 0-1 result we are looking for but will we see the non old firm players all asking for non selection under this regime as the rangers players who are all playing tonight did the last time. At least Ferguson said No to a return as he would be starting tonight aswell

Levein for Rangers

seanraff07
03-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Naismith LM? Whittaker should be there with McEveley at LB. I also think Dorrans should be RM instead of Robson, or is he injured?

heretoday
03-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Hutton, Fletcher and Brown are the only players in the whole team that I would consider to be very good players.

I can do better than that! Darren Fletcher is the only above average player in the team.

HibbyDave
03-09-2010, 08:21 AM

[B]Cheating C%nt[/B
]Hutton
Mcmanus
Weir
Whittaker
Naismith
Mculloch
Fletcher
Brown
Robson
Miller

Fixed that for you:wink:

jdships
03-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Come on Scotland :agree:

Faddy has a slight groin injury, that's why Naismith is in.

Dorrans is a player in form, and I would definitely want him in the team but overall that isn't too bad a side.

Strong unit defensively, hard working midfield. I worry about misser up front, but if he can carry his fine start of season form for Rangers into this game then we will be ok.

A win tonight please lads :thumbsup:

Agree wirh your sentiment :thumbsup:
"Strong unit defensively," Oh dear "hae ma doots "!

"Milk turns quicker" rhan Weir and McManus while when did Hurron last play a competitive match.?
Any pace through the middle from the opposition to-night and I shudder to think ....... !
:rolleyes:

Musselbound
03-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Agree wirh your sentiment :thumbsup:
"Strong unit defensively," Oh dear "hae ma doots "!

"Milk turns quicker" rhan Weir and McManus while when did Hurron last play a competitive match.?
Any pace through the middle from the opposition to-night and I shudder to think ....... !
:rolleyes:

As an overall unit, based on current form, I would say it looks like one of the worst Scottish defences I have ever seen for a competitive game: a RB who hasn't played for his club this season (Hutton), a 40 year old (Weir), a Championship defender (McManus) and a right-footed LB who is better going forward than defending (Whittaker).

Can't see how that lot won't concede unless it becomes virtually a ten man defence strung out along the 18 yard line.

Sylar
03-09-2010, 09:21 AM

Mcgregor
Hutton
Mcmanus
Weir
Whittaker
Naismith
Mculloch
Fletcher
Brown
Robson
Miller

McGregor
Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker
Robson McCulloch Fletcher Brown Naismith
Miller

It's so predictable, it just isn't funny.

When the hell did Hutton last play competitive football? Whittaker isn't a left-back. Robson has been struggling down at Boro', McCulloch "retired" and has hardly played competitive football in the past 6 months, Naismith has been out injured and Kenny Miller is awful as a lone-frontman.

Levein obviously doesn't want to lose the opening game, but with that formation/group of players, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Only one non-OF player in the starting 11 (either ex or current).

Says it all.

Sergey
03-09-2010, 09:30 AM

Mcgregor
Hutton
Mcmanus
Weir
Whittaker
Naismith
Mculloch
Fletcher
Brown
Robson
Miller

At least Broadfoot hasn't made the starting XI.

That's about the only positive I can conjure.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm not attending this one because I went to Maribor and am altready booked up for Prague next month. I'm feeling sorry for the guys that have gone over though as that is a shocker of a team.

Not checked the betting yet, but, its got 0-0 written all over it! :yawn:

Judas Iscariot
03-09-2010, 09:52 AM
After the events a few weeks ago I just can't see how any Hibby can cheer on a team that contains The Beast and Grandad..

MacBean
03-09-2010, 10:03 AM
McGregor

Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker
Robson McCulloch Fletcher Brown Naismith
Miller

It's so predictable, it just isn't funny.

When the hell did Hutton last play competitive football? Whittaker isn't a left-back. Robson has been struggling down at Boro', McCulloch "retired" and has hardly played competitive football in the past 6 months, Naismith has been out injured and Kenny Miller is awful as a lone-frontman.

Levein obviously doesn't want to lose the opening game, but with that formation/group of players, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Only one non-OF player in the starting 11 (either ex or current).

Says it all.

wrong. Robson has been the single player that 'Boro fans and pundits a like have been praising (seen it on SSN last week)
but in saying that, the whole boro team have been massively under acheiving!

MacBean
03-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm not attending this one because I went to Maribor and am altready booked up for Prague next month. I'm feeling sorry for the guys that have gone over though as that is a shocker of a team.

Not checked the betting yet, but, its got 0-0 written all over it! :yawn:

see you there:top marks

hibee62
03-09-2010, 10:35 AM

The only man who ever stood upto the establishment was Burley, and he was hung out to dry!

Jim44
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I think at best they'll scrape a no score draw.

aberhibsfc
03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Fixed that for you:wink:

:top marks

CRAZYHIBBY
03-09-2010, 12:48 PM
id go for a back four of eduardo hurtados, 4 hans eskillsons in midfield and shaun dennis , paul tosh and barry lavetys dealer up front. i wouldnt even bother with a keeper.

patlowe
03-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Nothing against the guy as he's a decent player, but I can't believe Steven Naismith is starting. Would rather have any one of Dorrans/McFadden/Commons/Deek/Maloney/Conway at left midfield in front of him. That's six players! The stench of OF on this team makes me want to spew.

Hibby Bairn
03-09-2010, 01:37 PM
I would place Naismith in front of most of them. Better work rate, decent pace, always looks lively and is capable of creating and scoring.

Let's hope he performs to his capabilities!

CmoantheHibs
03-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Looks like a team sent to get a 0-0.Naismith and McCulloch baffles me but if we can get a positive result then cant argue.Still sticks in my throat and doesnt sit well at all that **** like mcgregor is allowed to play for my country.

Lofarl
03-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Is Steven Fletcher injured or is he no picked because he's an ex hibbie?

M11BMO
03-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Is Steven Fletcher injured or is he no picked because he's an ex hibbie?

Injured.

ScottB
03-09-2010, 02:24 PM
When was the last time Naismith and Hutton even played a game?

Utter joke of a selection.

We should only be using players who are playing and we should only be using guys who will actually be around in 2012.

Where's Dorrans, Snodgrass and others? We should be mixing in young guys alongside the likes of Fletcher, McFadden and co to get experience, not waiting till the last minute when the horde of Gers players retire.

Albanian Hibs
03-09-2010, 02:24 PM
That team gives me the boak :jamboak: Will try to ignore the fact that, apart from Fletcher, its an OFGTF select :bitchy: and will cheer on my country

CallumHibs07
03-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Can see it being a difficult game for Hearts tonight. Surely they can't beat Rangers AND Celtic??

.Sean.
03-09-2010, 02:40 PM
'Mon the Liths.Get right intae the Huns. Just because a Rangers player pulls on a Scotland top won't stop me classing him as an Rangers fud. Ridiculous selections. A 40 year old Weir? Stevie Naismith? Love to know how he can justify leaving Steven Fletcher on the bench. 7 million pound Premieship striker cannae get a game. GTF Levein ya hun loving puppet.

The Harp Awakes
03-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I would place Naismith in front of most of them. Better work rate, decent pace, always looks lively and is capable of creating and scoring.

Let's hope he performs to his capabilities!

Seriously hope your having a laugh TH.

Naismith has shockingly poor scoring record since he went to Rangers, creates nowt that I've seen, and spends most of his time on his erse or diving around the place as we witnessed at ER recently.

DirtyDeeds
03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
I agree that its a hugely uninspiring side, top heavy with Old Firm huddies. But with peoples 'outrage' at Hutton's selection and Whittaker at left-back, who else do we pick?

Hutton is a natural athlete who has bounced back from injury on a number of occasions and put in quality performances without needing 'match fitness'. And Whittaker put in an outstanding display at left-back against the Dutch at Hampden in our last qualifier, Robben had to skulk out to the left wing to get any joy. Fairly sure he had a decent club season and World Cup...... Lets hear your alternatives??

Pick Dorrans ahead of Naismith?? Do you watch him? He's been fantastic for West Brom in centre midfield, NOT out wide where Naismith will operate. The Hun is another guy who was excellent playing wide against Holland, his workrate will have got him the nod as Dorrans doesnt have that discipline. And id definitely have Robson in there, all the little tippy tappy wingers mentioned dont have half the guts, passion and work rate he does These are qualities that we will desperately need for this game and many others ahead, long gone are the days where we can throw on our 'flair' players (who are they btw??) against these Eastern European sides and get a win, we are brutally bad with little technical ability. Guts, determination and organisation are our only hopes to get to the Euros, whilst throwing Faddy into the home games and as a game changer in away matches.

Not a Levein fan, but i reckon hes set up the right way to get us a result.

p.s. for the cretins angry at the non-appearance of Fletcher, if you have such a passionate opinion on whether or not he plays, take some time to check team news and the fitness of the players, hes carrying a knock and been out the Wolves team as a result. We arent good enough to completely discard him though, he needs to be an option on the bench, which im sure he will be.

Phew, rant over. C'mon Scotland.

GlesgaeHibby
03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
'Mon the Liths.Get right intae the Huns. Just because a Rangers player pulls on a Scotland top won't stop me classing him as an Rangers fud. Ridiculous selections. A 40 year old Weir? Stevie Naismith? Love to know how he can justify leaving Steven Fletcher on the bench. 7 million pound Premieship striker cannae get a game. GTF Levein ya hun loving puppet.

Fletcher is injured, Naismith is a decent option on the wing as he has pace and a good work rate. Yes Weir is 40, but he is in good form for his club so fair enough.

'Mon Scotland.

WHAM
03-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Rangers players or not...they are wearing the dark blue and representing SCOTLAND...not the huns!

Kenny Miller on fire at the minute...Steven Fletcher is injured.

Who honestly is better than Davie Weir at CH at the moment? (not a slection for the future but one based on form)

Whittaker should start...probably at RB mind you

McGregor...cheating c**nt...but very good goalie.

Naismith playing well at the minute as well.

Definately unsure about McCulloch/Hutton tho.

I think everyone should put their club allegiances aside for this one and get behind the country!

Mon the Scotland :agree:

Hainan Hibs
03-09-2010, 03:30 PM
I think everyone should put their club allegiances aside for this one and get behind the country!

Mon the Scotland :agree:

I completely agree, however for some reason some Hibees think they are cool and quite mental because they don't support Scotland, when in reality they just come across as wallopers:agree:

WE'LL BE COMING:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
03-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Mind and really cheer these boys on..

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/dailyrecord3/aug2010/4/2/derek-riordan-and-allan-mcgregor-clash-image-2-354379793.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1n-uUMYhMZ2OkM::news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/7309464.stm&t=1&usg=AFrqEzf-Rxo7Dv3tpve43hVjfb5KrpM8wQ

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:fj5Kc2HnEL1EFM::www.metro.co.uk/explore/people/hutton_alan/4&t=1&usg=AFrqEzdw0z_XhaiYv1-6oHbHI5b_JQ0AKw

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:P45sEEeAP8gq1M::www.footballcupleague .com/2009/01/whittaker-issues-ibrox-rallying-cry/&t=1&usg=AFrqEzcXGfdj_7u4sJuou5qUsBj772wC7g

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UM9jeRedpKWBjM::www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/12/rangers-kenny-miller-injury-spl-title&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfkwlnRbA-exfMKLPUPw21iGNzM9g

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:VcxZrBOA3JTCdM::www.thescottishsun.co .uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2117114/Fulham-eye-Lee-swoop.html&t=1&usg=AFrqEzd5EGsmf9fgakN-X3RPmXNgFaaNVw

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:7wTXPm0nlnvCZM::www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1025728/Striker-Naismith-prepared-play-waiting-game-battles-Rangers.html&t=1&usg=AFrqEzezKta0-SmqdiOfeeVemTTxCfNhvw

Well, obviously not Deeks as he's not good enough to be involved...

Hainan Hibs
03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Mind and really cheer these boys on..

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/dailyrecord3/aug2010/4/2/derek-riordan-and-allan-mcgregor-clash-image-2-354379793.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1n-uUMYhMZ2OkM::news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/7309464.stm&t=1&usg=AFrqEzf-Rxo7Dv3tpve43hVjfb5KrpM8wQ

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:fj5Kc2HnEL1EFM::www.metro.co.uk/explore/people/hutton_alan/4&t=1&usg=AFrqEzdw0z_XhaiYv1-6oHbHI5b_JQ0AKw

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:P45sEEeAP8gq1M::www.footballcupleague .com/2009/01/whittaker-issues-ibrox-rallying-cry/&t=1&usg=AFrqEzcXGfdj_7u4sJuou5qUsBj772wC7g

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UM9jeRedpKWBjM::www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/12/rangers-kenny-miller-injury-spl-title&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfkwlnRbA-exfMKLPUPw21iGNzM9g

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:VcxZrBOA3JTCdM::www.thescottishsun.co .uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2117114/Fulham-eye-Lee-swoop.html&t=1&usg=AFrqEzd5EGsmf9fgakN-X3RPmXNgFaaNVw

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:7wTXPm0nlnvCZM::www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1025728/Striker-Naismith-prepared-play-waiting-game-battles-Rangers.html&t=1&usg=AFrqEzezKta0-SmqdiOfeeVemTTxCfNhvw

Well, obviously not Deeks as he's not good enough to be involved...

Will do:thumbsup:

weonlywon6-2
03-09-2010, 03:43 PM

Mcgregor
Hutton
Mcmanus
Weir
Whittaker
Naismith
Mculloch
Fletcher
Brown
Robson
Miller

sorry,is this the rangers team or scotland team?:greengrin

hibeedonald
03-09-2010, 03:43 PM
the old firm are two best teams in scotland, so obviously most alot of the team are going to made up of old firm players :confused: only player i dont think should be in that team is lee mcculloch

gillythehibby
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Get roond tae the bookies and plough on the DRAW. Stealing money. Scotland are sh*t and Levein set the team up not to get beat rather than winning.

FromTheCapital
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I'd have started :

McGregor
Hutton
Wallace (Unfortunately)
McManaus
Berra (Again - Well he plays for Wolves now)

McFadden
Dorrans
Brown
Fletcher

Boyd
Miller

The Harp Awakes
04-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Fletcher is injured, Naismith is a decent option on the wing as he has pace and a good work rate. Yes Weir is 40, but he is in good form for his club so fair enough.

'Mon Scotland.

Naismith can't score goals with his club, Miller struggles to score goals at international level and no-one else on the pitch last night was ever going to score. A total joke of a team put out by Potter. 0-0 was a steal at the bookies yesterday as so it proved.

Bostonhibby
04-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Naismith can't score goals with his club, Miller struggles to score goals at international level and no-one else on the pitch last night was ever going to score. A total joke of a team put out by Potter. 0-0 was a steal at the bookies yesterday as so it proved.

Naismith looked like a pub team player last night, if he wasn't an OF player he would not have even made the squad last night, out of his depth against Hearts reserves, If it was about picking the best ones in Scotland, one of the best free kicker takers and goal scorers in Scotland would have made a difference last night, still - can't be long before Kyle's recall :crazy: