PDA

View Full Version : Dickoh interview on BBC

alan1875
02-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Not seen this posted yet...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8964898.stm

I know it's just chat but he certainly comes across well. Seems a focused, bright chap... the obligiatory questions about us being a "stepping stone" etc but he handled it well.

There's a seperate interview with Yogi but the video doesn't seem to be working.

Wotherspiniesta
02-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Not seen this posted yet...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8964898.stm

I know it's just chat but he certainly comes across well. Seems a focused, bright chap... the obligiatory questions about us being a "stepping stone" etc but he handled it well.

There's a seperate interview with Yogi but the video doesn't seem to be working.

Followed by the dramatic extreme close up.

Bet they were all willing the guy to say something messed up.

Horrible pricks.

Well handled Dickoh :agree: ... get used to these journalists, any sign of good form and they will be clammering for you to move along the m8 next season.

hibeeleicester
02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Well said dickoh , didnt get pulled into saying anything.

Very good english aswell.

Welcome to hibs. :hnet:

Captain Trips
02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Followed by the dramatic extreme close up.

Bet they were all willing the guy to say something messed up.

Horrible pricks.

Well handled Dickoh :agree: ... get used to these journalists, any sign of good form and they will be clammering for you to move along the m8 next season.

Totally acceptable question to ask and one I would ask, I want to know why the new players are on short deals, if you think the player is good enough get some commitment, far to many players in and out will see us going nowhere IMO.

Gatecrasher
02-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a bright chap, im looking forward to seeing how the new guys fit in, They couldnt help themselves asking about the plastics though :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
02-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Totally acceptable question to ask and one I would ask, I want to know why the new players are on short deals, if you think the player is good enough get some commitment, far to many players in and out will see us going nowhere IMO.

It's always a balancing act with contract lengths, isn't it? When it's proven, experienced players, or young guys who clearly have potential, then it makes sense to have them on longer deals. But with relatively untried guys, it could be an expensive mistake.

The flip side is that those guys know they have to work hard to get the stability of a longer deal.

Speedway
02-09-2010, 07:59 PM
As comfimed elsewhere previously, the one year deal was at the player's request, none of this 'Board doesn't back Yogi' pish.

iwasthere1972
02-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Good interviewing skills. If he shows the same skills and composure on the pitch then he could turn out to be a great addition to the squad.

Maybe even sell him on in a year to Celtic for a million big ones.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Good interviewing skills. If he shows the same skills and composure on the pitch then he could turn out to be a great addition to the squad.

Maybe even sell him on in a year to Celtic for a million big ones.

I doubt it, he's out of contract in 1 year.

iwasthere1972
02-09-2010, 09:16 PM
I doubt it, he's out of contract in 1 year.

Oh blast. Sell him in the January window then.

monktonharp
02-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Totally acceptable question to ask and one I would ask, I want to know why the new players are on short deals, if you think the player is good enough get some commitment, far to many players in and out will see us going nowhere IMO.totally disagree. young guy,in front of the football media in a strsnge country,who are trying to bait him as soon as he's got his foot in the door,bunch o' torags trying to goad him into saying yeah ,I came here because I really want to play for someone else, a gaggle of goats

Baader
02-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Good stuff. Speaks better than those asking the questions, that's for sure!

Captain Trips
02-09-2010, 10:24 PM
totally disagree. young guy,in front of the football media in a strsnge country,who are trying to bait him as soon as he's got his foot in the door,bunch o' torags trying to goad him into saying yeah ,I came here because I really want to play for someone else, a gaggle of goats

He hasnt arrived on Mars so I don't give credence to young guy stange country, he speaks very well and will be used to such questions, he has signed on a short deal I think its pertinent to ask about who's decision that was and if so why.

Iain G
02-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Bloody hell he comes across increidbly well considering it's not his first language! Some of the questions from our media were appaling and boreding on illiterate at times!

Welcome Francis :thumbsup:

Alex Trager
02-09-2010, 10:39 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home
See the picture of Hughes and the new players....Dickoh is huge

hibsdaft
02-09-2010, 11:15 PM
one minute in and the clowns are already asking him about the bloody old firm.

7Hero
02-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Bloody hell he comes across increidbly well considering it's not his first language!

Welcome Francis :thumbsup:

the dutch speak better english than we do :greengrin

i like this boy a lot after the interview, hopefully can help us improve massively this season at the back, he certainly talks a good game :greengrin

CapitalHibs
03-09-2010, 12:05 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home
See the picture of Hughes and the new players....Dickoh is huge

Grounds looks like no shrinking violet either!

ozwoody
03-09-2010, 12:33 AM
The guy is just in the country and not even got his shirt dirty and these guys are asking when he is leaving!! even after being out of the country for 3 years I am amazed that the questions never change for any player that signs for a team thats not the old firm,do they get a set of questions to ask to try get the player to fall in the trap I wonder.

Just once I would love a player to turn round and ask them them if they are using the daily record as a "stepping stone" for a move to a proper newspaper.

Iain G
03-09-2010, 01:48 AM
the dutch speak better english than we do :greengrin

i like this boy a lot after the interview, hopefully can help us improve massively this season at the back, he certainly talks a good game :greengrin

Yeah, and so do the Danish :wink::greengrin

Hibs90
03-09-2010, 05:29 AM
The guy is just in the country and not even got his shirt dirty and these guys are asking when he is leaving!! even after being out of the country for 3 years I am amazed that the questions never change for any player that signs for a team thats not the old firm,do they get a set of questions to ask to try get the player to fall in the trap I wonder.

Just once I would love a player to turn round and ask them them if they are using the daily record as a "stepping stone" for a move to a proper newspaper.

:agree:

Houchy
03-09-2010, 04:06 PM

:thumbsup:

discman
04-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, and so do the Danish :wink::greengrin

he actually speaks 5 languages not sure if "leith" is one of them:greengrin

3 great signings all great pros who train for fun which will be encouraging to those pros who always put in a shift and dont turn up smelling of drink,moan all the time about everything!! want to be at hibs and not wanting to play for a bigger club etc etc,things are begining to take shape,I gotta feeling.......