02-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Well done hibs. :agree:

maturehibby
02-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Ok thats them banned now name and shame them as well

Toaods
02-09-2010, 07:30 PM
'involved in a disturbance'....

I'm all for the club taking appropriate action but there's flashpoints where ever you go, never mind overseas. How do we know this was not just intimidation from locals that ended up in a scene?

It's easy to jump on the blame bandwagon but I sure wouldn't be too chuffed if I was only defending myself in unknown territory and to get an exclusion order from the club.

Were these folk found guilty in a court over there?

If they have been surely it's a free for all in the name/shame game.

K.Marx
02-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I wasnt aware that there was any bother over there for the away leg (although i was on holiday at the time so had better things to do then check .net :wink:) was it anything major??

hibees707070
02-09-2010, 07:48 PM
There was a bit of bother before the game. The 6 in question got lifted outside before it and released after it with a 175 euro fine

Toaods
02-09-2010, 07:49 PM
I wasnt aware that there was any bother over there for the away leg (although i was on holiday at the time so had better things to do then check .net :wink:) was it anything major??

well, I wasn't there so I'm only going on the info here but can't recall any coverage either nationally or in the Evening News of any bother there.

certainly remember they had a bunch of thugs turning over some Old Ladies coffee tables down Cockburn Street but that was it.

Jamesie
02-09-2010, 08:03 PM
"The six involved, who were arrested by Slovenian Police working with Lothian and Borders Police, are now banned from entering Easter Road Stadium or from purchasing tickets for away matches involving Hibernian Football Club. "

Lucky buggers :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
02-09-2010, 08:33 PM

I'm all for the club taking appropriate action but there's flashpoints where ever you go, never mind overseas. How do we know this was not just intimidation from locals that ended up in a scene?

It's easy to jump on the blame bandwagon but I sure wouldn't be too chuffed if I was only defending myself in unknown territory and to get an exclusion order from the club.

Was after the game I believe. 6 'arrested', taken to the local cop shop, realesed, went to court Friday morning to pay a fine that they knew they were paying. One young lad (16-17) concussed I believe.

This police-fitba club love in is rather scary. The 6 in question for 'meant' to be the victims, so I heard. They got huckled for what could've been next to nothing. Maribor polis tell L&B, L&B tell Hibs...

Jack
02-09-2010, 09:19 PM
So they were found guilty in a Hibs related incident and somehow its not fair?

The club should of named and shamed them.

Antifa Hibs
02-09-2010, 09:23 PM
So they were found guilty in a Hibs related incident and somehow its not fair?

The club should of named and shamed them.

I still fail to see why they should be banned from Easter Road. According to them, they were the victims, how much truth is in that I don't know.

If someone got in a fight at 1pm or 6pm on Leith Walk on a home Hibs matchday, how should that get them a banning order from ER..?

Banff
02-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Believe me if you want. But Maribor came out of nowhere and were attacking EVERYONE, then the police steamed in too (guess who won that one), and were only arresting Hibs fans. Hibs have been far too quick to ban these people, and should be asked to provide evidence!!

Hibs On Tour
02-09-2010, 09:32 PM

Think there was a bit of 'encouragement' from the 2 L+B officers there to arrest the guys - you know to ensure they didn't just look like they'd been on a jolly abroad at taxpayers expense. Certainly I only heard of one really minor incident out there. Also heard that at least one of the arrests was for whatever the equivalent is of being drunk and disorderly rather than for anything fighting related. If that's the case, then the club are out of order banning people for that.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2010, 09:35 PM
While walking from the square to the ground, Hibbyradge asked one of the lovely looking police women why their was such a heavy police presence, as we were just there to have a bit of fun. She said you may be here to have fun, but we are not so much here to watch what we are doing more to protect you from the maribor idiots, or words to that effect.

Dave will be able to tell us exactly what she said.

Antifa Hibs
02-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Believe me if you want. But Maribor came out of nowhere and were attacking EVERYONE, then the police steamed in too (guess who won that one), and were only arresting Hibs fans. Hibs have been far too quick to ban these people, and should be asked to provide evidence!!

That what I was told on the Friday morning over a salami roll and coffee by a guy that had seen it. Having not witnessed any bother before or after I was a bit dubious....

From what I gathered they got fined with the Slovenian equivilent of a breach of the peace/being drunk in a public place. Weren't charged with anything, hence I think its very harse.

Sergey
02-09-2010, 09:42 PM
While walking from the square to the ground, Hibbyradge asked one of the lovely looking police women why their was such a heavy police presence, as we were just there to have a bit of fun. She said you may be here to have fun, but we are not so much here to watch what we are doing more to protect you from the maribor idiots, or words to that effect.

Dave will be able to tell us exactly what she said.

Thank your lucky stars that they found your singing acceptable :greengrin

Banff
02-09-2010, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Antifa Hibs;2566854]That what I was told on the Friday morning over a salami roll and coffee by a guy that had seen it. Having not witnessed any bother before or after I was a bit dubious....

Its true, my mates were involved!

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Thank your lucky stars that they found your singing acceptable :greengrin

I'd been practicing, the eurovision is my next goal?:wink:

Sergey
02-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I'd been practicing, the eurovision is my next goal?:wink:

Drop that female backing singer :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
02-09-2010, 10:02 PM
There's clearly a divergence of opinions here, so I shall ask this...

In cases where supporters have been banned by the club, is there any mechanism for an appeal? If not, isn't it possible that a legal challenge could be made?

Fantic
02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=Banff;2566860

Its true, my mates were involved![/QUOTE]

Are your mates casuals

hibsdaft
02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
i'm interested to know on what basis the club has described them as hooligans, and on what basis they have banned them from ER. the club's statement does not justify their decision in any tangible way. it only states that they were involved in a disturbance, which could, as others have suggested may be the case, have been as the victim.

i would like to think the club have carried out the necessary background checks before making this decision but they have not made it clear whether they have.

Turnip
02-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Hibs don't hand out banning orders, Lothian & Borders do. Why these guys have been banned is a matter for L&B not HFC. That's all i know about it :yawn:

scoopyboy
03-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Hibs don't hand out banning orders, Lothian & Borders do. Why these guys have been banned is a matter for L&B not HFC. That's all i know about it :yawn:

L&B hand out banning orders but in this instance it is Hibs who have banned them not the police.

PaulSmith
03-09-2010, 06:29 AM

No, the courts hand out banning orders and the police need to prove a reason for one to be handed down.

I think it's quite poor by Hibs but it will be directly down to the clubs new security officer trying to make his mark, i.e. John Boag who had a history and was hated by a large number of Hearts fans for some of his actions.

Expect more of these stories to appear on Hibs web site in months to come.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2010, 08:16 AM

Disagree. If the club decide that they don't want to let these people on to their premises, that they don't want to do business with them, they are legally and morally entitled to do so.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2010, 08:20 AM
I have no idea who's been banned, or if it was justified. Although if its any of the so called casuals, then perhaps even if they were innocent this time, they have certainly not been innocent in the past, and their past has finally caught up with them?:dunno:

scoopyboy
03-09-2010, 08:28 AM
The club should be issuing compulsory attendance orders on people not banning them.

We need all the supporters we can get.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-09-2010, 08:31 AM
well lets hope Maribor ban the 20 or so of their hoolies lifted in the Canongate before the 2nd leg.

dont care if they were fighting Poles or Hibs, they were still up for a dash.

marinello59
03-09-2010, 08:31 AM
The club should be issuing compulsory attendance orders on people not banning them.

We need all the supporters we can get.

Could you imagine the field day Amnesty International would have with that? Poster campaigns calling for the torture to stop etc etc:bitchy:

Caversham Green
03-09-2010, 08:33 AM
No, the courts hand out banning orders and the police need to prove a reason for one to be handed down.

I think it's quite poor by Hibs but it will be directly down to the clubs new security officer trying to make his mark, i.e. John Boag who had a history and was hated by a large number of Hearts fans for some of his actions.

That's a fair point. My first thought was that this doesn't happen very often, so the club are probably convinced that the offences warrant the ban, but it might indeed just be Boagy wanting to make his mark.

bawheid
03-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Without knowing the facts it's seems a bit harsh. Maybe these guys have got previous that Hibs know about and so have just decided to take the opportunity to get rid.

HibSem
03-09-2010, 08:40 AM
John Boag is not our Security Officer he's our Stadium Manager.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Without knowing the facts it's seems a bit harsh. Maybe these guys have got previous that Hibs know about and so have just decided to take the opportunity to get rid.

Thats what i was thinking. :agree: Tv programmes, books all advertising what they do/did. It was always going to catch up with them in the end, banning them from the one thing they all say they love. Was it worth it?:confused:

Big Frank
03-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Wow.

I'll feel alot safer going to Easter Road, now these 6 individuals have been banned :agree:

Now Hibs, what about the 3000 hooligans who attended Easter Road for the recent game against the hun :yawn:

lucky
03-09-2010, 09:05 AM
It appears that Hibs have been over zealous in the way this has been handled. There is obviously not enough evidence for the police to go to court to get a banning order so Hibs have made there minds up.
What's next letters to ST holders who stand. Then followed by a banning order.

Antifa Hibs
03-09-2010, 09:06 AM

That's what is worrying about this 'protocol agreement' between Hibs, L&B and BTP. You could be involved in a daft disturbance on the train coming from an away match, the transport polis tell Hibs and you then find yourself banned, just like that. Before you had to be arrested, charged then up in court to get a football banning order.

Am I right in saying they can still attend away matches etc? They're only banned from ER?

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2010, 09:08 AM
It appears that Hibs have been over zealous in the way this has been handled. There is obviously not enough evidence for the police to go to court to get a banning order so Hibs have made there minds up.
What's next letters to ST holders who stand. Then followed by a banning order.

Or the club have made this decision on their own, after finally getting fed up with some of our support dragging the club through the gutter?

Thomson1875
03-09-2010, 09:16 AM
That's what is worrying about this 'protocol agreement' between Hibs, L&B and BTP. You could be involved in a daft disturbance on the train coming from an away match, the transport polis tell Hibs and you then find yourself banned, just like that. Before you had to be arrested, charged then up in court to get a football banning order.

Am I right in saying they can still attend away matches etc? They're only banned from ER?

It says there banned from buying away tickets, But its easy enough to still get tickets and enter the ground anyway.

lucky
03-09-2010, 09:17 AM
How have they dragged the clubs name through the gutter? 6 guys get lifted for not a lot. Pay there fine. No press or coverage.of it. First most on here knew about was when the club put it on the website. If was for breech or D&D then the Tartan army are in all sorts

Gettin' Auld
03-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Banned from away matches too.

Antifa Hibs
03-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Banned from away matches too.

Can't be for PATG matches surely? How can Hibs ban someone from Rugby Park?

Gettin' Auld
03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Can't be for PATG matches surely? How can Hibs ban someone from Rugby Park?
I was just quoting from the official statement from the club.............I agree that there's no real way Hibs could prevent anyone attending an away match though.

Thomson1875
03-09-2010, 09:25 AM
how would they prevent them attending home games? It would be easy enough to get someone to get your tickets for you. Unless they are well known faces by the club & police.

StevieC
03-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I know someone that was banned by an SPL club (not through the courts). He was refused entry to a game at Tynecastle on the back of this and he decided to take it further.

The SPL club in question backed down when legal action was suggested and laid the blame at the hands of the individual security guard that refused entry (who was pressured into resigning over it).

I suspect that Hibs, like pubs, clubs etc., do have the ability to refuse entry but I dont think that they have the ability to enforce it for other grounds.

Banff
03-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Are your mates casuals

That is irrelevant.

Hibs On Tour
03-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I know someone that was banned by an SPL club (not through the courts). He was refused entry to a game at Tynecastle on the back of this and he decided to take it further.

The SPL club in question backed down when legal action was suggested and laid the blame at the hands of the individual security guard that refused entry (who was pressured into resigning over it).

I suspect that Hibs, like pubs, clubs etc., do have the ability to refuse entry but I dont think that they have the ability to enforce it for other grounds.

Of course Hibs have the right to ban anyone they feel from ER, regardless of whether any of us feel the reasons are right or justifiable. They have no power to do so elsewhere however. I believe however that they are talking about these 6 not being able to purchase tickets for away games via Hibs which is slightly different.

FWIW I would think any of the 6 would have a strong case for pleading to Hibs about it, given that they weren't convicted of anything. Unless they'd had previous banning orders from the courts I find it difficult to see how Hibs could justify these. Whether its down to JB or not I don't know, I do know that in my own experience I have seen L+B [and other] OB abroad trying to get foreign police to jail fans instead of [as the foreign police wished to do] deport them...

Gatecrasher
03-09-2010, 11:29 AM
To ban these people Hibs must have some information that we dont know about, I remember a snippet from the EEN about a few fans lifted for being gassed but that wouldnt lead to a banning order. Im sure Hibs have or will let these guys have their say if they chose to take that oppertunity.

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I heard there were 6 Hibs and 300 Maribor. The 6 held their own until the police got there and stuck there neb in and took liberty's. Fair to say it was a score draw.

Or did I read that somewhere?

Toaods
03-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Presumably it will be a given that the club will be screening all the corporate guests for previous when we play the Bigot Brothers at ER and ensuring they are refused entry in future?

Vividly recall the final game last season we had to endure the crude behaviour of some HUN reptiles in the NUpper West front rows whilst we queued to leave the stadium.

Killiehibbie
03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
how would they prevent them attending home games? It would be easy enough to get someone to get your tickets for you. Unless they are well known faces by the club & police.They can't stop anybody going to games. All a banned person has to do is keep their head down and nose clean, all this nonsense soon disappears.

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Presumably it will be a given that the club will be screening all the corporate guests for previous when we play the Bigot Brothers at ER and ensuring they are refused entry in future?

Vividly recall the final game last season we had to endure the crude behaviour of some HUN reptiles in the NUpper West front rows whilst we queued to leave the stadium.

Course they won't - the club sold tickets for the home end direct to Rangers supporters clubs last season. Boy in my work went with his bus load and sat in the South Stand - 30odd of them all sat together. He said the bus convenor got them direct from Hibs.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
with our attendances the way they are, banning 6 fans is just daft.

HIBERNIAN 1875
03-09-2010, 12:50 PM
The individuals will have to report to a local police station whenever Hibs are playing, home or away....

I know of a guy who has a ban from Fir Park and he has to do this during every Motherwell fixture.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2010, 12:52 PM
The individuals will have to report to a local police station whenever Hibs are playing, home or away....

I know of a guy who has a ban from Fir Park and he has to do this during every Motherwell fixture.

That's if they have a banning order, surely. This seems to be different.

MSK
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM

I know of a guy who has a ban from Fir Park and he has to do this during every Motherwell fixture.So who is going to enforce that ..?...the guys were dealt with in Maribor by way of fines ..hibs have banned them but cant force them to turn up every time we are playing..total nonsense ..

CRAZYHIBBY
03-09-2010, 12:56 PM
i nearly got banned for trying to take on the entire south stand during a derby.

Toaods
03-09-2010, 01:00 PM
this ban appears to be something akin to turning up at a boozer where there's a works night out and the doorman doesn't let you in because you don't have teh correct type of footwear on, all this going on as an endless stream of others in the same atire all cruise in without a word said. Very annoying.:grr:

Darth Hibbie
03-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Hibs are entitled to ban anybody from the ground for any reason they want in the same way pubs and clubs are. They can also refuse to sell tickets to anybody they choose. Does not stop somebody going to other grounds just Hibs will not sell them the tickets.

A banning order is totally different and can impose conditions of reporting to police offices during match days etc.

I have no idea what happened in Maribor I am pretty sure Hibs will have good reason for doing so. It would be pretty bad business practice to start banning folk just for the sake of it.

Fantic
03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
That is irrelevant.

No its not. Agreed it doesn't make them guilty but it is relevant.

Banff
03-09-2010, 08:39 PM

How is it?

Fantic
03-09-2010, 09:54 PM
How is it?

Well if its casuals we can assume Hibs are trying to stamp it out. If it wasn't casuals then Hibs are taking a hard line with anyone involved in trouble whether they are or aren't a known hooligan.

Banff
03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Well if its casuals we can assume Hibs are trying to stamp it out. If it wasn't casuals then Hibs are taking a hard line with anyone involved in trouble whether they are or aren't a known hooligan.

But its still irrelevant in this instance. I used to be involved, does that mean if it were me that got arrested for that incident i would deserve to be banned?

Fantic
03-09-2010, 10:10 PM
But its still irrelevant in this instance. I used to be involved, does that mean if it were me that got arrested for that incident i would deserve to be banned?

It is relevant. Just trying to work out whether Hibs and L&B are targeting the casuals. Not saying anyone deserved to be banned.

Spill the beans :greengrin

Banff
04-09-2010, 10:42 AM
It is relevant. Just trying to work out whether Hibs and L&B are targeting the casuals. Not saying anyone deserved to be banned.

Spill the beans :greengrin

Nah

StevieC
04-09-2010, 12:34 PM

I'm not sure it is. One of the guidlines of the justice system is that cases are judged on the evidence of a particular event and these events should not be prejudiced with the introduction of previous misdemeanours.

As far as I know the only deviation from this rule is if the defence try to paint a picture of a model citizen, then the prosecution can counter that by revealing previous.

Therefore it shouldn't matter whether, in this case, they are casuals (or murderers, gangsters, heroin addicts or habitual criminals for that matter).

lEXO
04-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Not to sure of all the facts, but if this is the route the club is going down i hope they are as quick to ban and punish the bigots when they turn up.How often will you see the lothian and borders cops drag anybody singing sectarian songs from the south stand?Or stewards ejecting people shouting racist or sectarian abuse, and making the cops aware of it?
These guys were easy targets, and if you and other Hibbies were bevvied and attacked by another teams supporters abroad, you would defend yourselves.These guys were fined in maribor, and doesnt sound like they have had much chance to give their side of things.
So lets see if the club starts taking their tannoy announcement that is played prior to kickoff more seriously."Any acts of sectarian and abuse etc can lead to a football banning order". Or are they going to turn a blind eye to other clubs fans behaviour at easter road, but ban ours?

Toaods
04-09-2010, 03:02 PM
so to put it all in perspective, these 6 hooligans charged 300 Maribor fans over there in a vicious attack, of which I don't recall seeing any locals reported as having suffered any injury.

Phewwwhhh...sounds a bit far fetched.