PDA

View Full Version : NHC Manc. Plod To Treat Huns Properly This Time

KerPlunk
02-09-2010, 09:42 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Manchesterbound-Rangers-fans-will-be.6508227.jp

Happy Days. :greengrin

Gettin' Auld
02-09-2010, 10:14 AM
A Rangers spokesman said: "Tickets will only be issued to the named recipient on the transfer from the DW Stadium to Old Trafford, and tickets will not be issued to anyone under the influence of alcohol."

Aye OK then.

Steve-O
02-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Doesn't seem entirely fair that they can't get steaming before such an event.

Hillsidehibby
02-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Makes you wonder why they would make the trip in the first place.

Spend a fortune to be herded like cattle into a football ground many miles away, no bevvy, watch your team get horsed and then herded back up the road after the game.

Mind you they will still be able to sing a few colourful ditties of non football related songs.

Antifa Hibs
02-09-2010, 10:28 AM

Spend a fortune to be herded like cattle into a football ground many miles away, no bevvy, watch your team get horsed and then herded back up the road after the game.

Mind you they will still be able to sing a few colourful ditties of non football related songs.

I know. Why would you want to go to a Champions League match only 200 miles away against the biggest team in the world :confused:

Pretty Boy
02-09-2010, 10:33 AM
How exactly do these plans prevent those wishing to cause trouble from getting a train, hiring a bus of their own or driving down to Manchester?

Seems like a bit of a token gesture to me.

Harpandcastle
02-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Heard that prat Cameron on real radio rage about this last night. Apparently the hundogs are being unfairly treated in all this, "the vast majority of who are a tremendous support who were let down by dire organisation which led to a couple of bampots not behaving themselves"

Does he take acid or smoke crack while presenting that yad?

I don't know why the Scottish media pussy foot around with all that, why not be open and tell the truth. The vast majority are offensive religious bigots and complete and utter knuckle dragging ****bags who you want not want to be within 10 miles of, with the odd decent guy among them.

KerPlunk
02-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Heard that prat Cameron on real radio rage about this last night. Apparently the hundogs are being unfairly treated in all this, "the vast majority of who are a tremendous support who were let down by dire organisation which led to a couple of bampots not behaving themselves"

Does he take acid or smoke crack while presenting that yad?

I don't know why the Scottish media pussy foot around with all that, why not be open and tell the truth. The vast majority are offensive religious bigots and complete and utter knuckle dragging ****bags who you want not want to be within 10 miles of, with the odd decent guy among them.

The Weejia need the pikey OF neds like a fish needs water. They must be good for at least 100k copies of their rag of choice, hence the reason that the Daily ****** / Evening Tink / Glasgow Herod / Scottish Hun devote so many pages to the OF.
Same with sponsors. CR Smith realised years ago that if they only threw money at one half the OF, the other half would boycott their product and the "double sponsorship" model exists to this day. That's how insidious bigotry can be made to work in your favour, eh ? :grr:

DCI Gene Hunt
02-09-2010, 11:55 AM
There again it also works the other way KerPlunk. It might please the OF fans to buy their product, but everyone else (non-OF) avoids it... Tennant's anyone? :no way:

Also yet another reason to avoid Old Firm newspapers like The Hun, Daily Weegie etc.

Guv

basehibby
02-09-2010, 12:09 PM

They acted like annimals last time they visited Manchester - only right they should be treated as such this time round - issue the polis with cattle prods - and USE them - at least the average hun will not object to the nomenclature of said device.

heretoday
02-09-2010, 12:20 PM
It's always a "minority of undesirables" that cause trouble isn't it? They're "not real football fans".

Well I'm sorry but they are a huge minority and they ARE real football fans. they go to the games, shout and sing offensive songs and the players run to celebrate with them when they score.

Moulin Yarns
02-09-2010, 12:23 PM
How exactly do these plans prevent those wishing to cause trouble from getting a train, hiring a bus of their own or driving down to Manchester?

Seems like a bit of a token gesture to me.

I think the whole thing is actually to protect them from some revenge by Manchester Citizens. :wink:

robinp
02-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Police fear that there could be further trouble this month, with an element of the United support seeking revenge for the behaviour of those Rangers supporters who fought with police in 2008. It is expected that tight security measures will also be in place when United travel to Glasgow for the return fixture on 24 November.

.....Oh now that would be rather funny. :cool2:

DCI Gene Hunt
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
It's funny how something as simple as football can regress grown adults back to pre-school years of maturity and mentality.

DH1875
02-09-2010, 02:53 PM

So what's going to happen when they up sticks to the EPL? The police must be loving the idea of having bus loads of the **** going up and down the country.

essexhibee
02-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Deserve all they get. Hopefully they respond to these mutants with a bit of native policing their used to , or more not used to as it always is the away fans fault, back in glasgow e.g. beat the ****ers with batons to the back of the legs. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
A wise move, but what does Plod propose to do about the people unrelated to Rangers who caused so much trouble the last time. I read in the Daily Record that it was Chelsea casuals and the like.

Nobody from Scotland was involved. I believe that.

down-the-slope
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
nae luck then if you fancied a few days in Manchester and driving diown with some mates......as you would not get a ticket..

Pretty low % of tickets..wonder if ManU will get same low % :rolleyes:

How much of the problems last time were from those who HAD tickets for the match...don't see how this does anything other than allow Rangers to say if there are problems 'it wasn't the REAL fans on official trip..Blah Blah'

Sir David Gray
02-09-2010, 04:03 PM
nae luck then if you fancied a few days in Manchester and driving diown with some mates......as you would not get a ticket..

Pretty low % of tickets..wonder if ManU will get same low % :rolleyes:

How much of the problems last time were from those who HAD tickets for the match...don't see how this does anything other than allow Rangers to say if there are problems 'it wasn't the REAL fans on official trip..Blah Blah'

I would probably agree with that.

Whilst some of the things that happened on that day were disgraceful (the Police officer getting a battering for one) I don't think you can possibly compare a European final to a run-of-the-mill Champions League match.

There were thousands upon thousands of Rangers fans down in Manchester for that final, people who just wanted to be there for the occasion. I highly doubt that there will be too many people there for this match, who don't possess tickets, certainly not enough to cause chaos on the scale that was seen two years ago.

Personally if it was me and Hibs were going down to Manchester for a European tie and my travel plans etc were all being dictated to me, I wouldn't be best pleased.

Green_one
02-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I think the whole thing is actually to protect them from some revenge by Manchester Citizens. :wink:

To say Man United supporters were annoyed that their Champions League celebrations were curtailed would be an understatement. Raging some of them. I have on occassion added fuel to the fire. I loved telling them that all Celtic fans were Liverpool supporters. Of course they did not let me down by singing what United consider purely Liverpool songs - Fields of Athenry etc:faf: The ticcies think they have a special relationship with MU. Well not that I have seen.

Then the Manc Police are none too happy either. :greengrin

Brizo
02-09-2010, 04:36 PM
A wise move, but what does Plod propose to do about the people unrelated to Rangers who caused so much trouble the last time. I read in the Daily Record that it was Chelsea casuals and the like.

:agree:

The good Rangers fans who have had their reputation besmirched by these blooming sneaky Chelsea types , it fair makes my blood boil :grr:

At the risk of sounding all "Green Street" im led to believe that Mancs viewed the Rangers , sorry Chelsea , shenanigans as a major insult to their city. To such an extent that the City and Utd hoolies are putting aside their mutual hatred to team up and go out looking for our Govan chums. It might be best for their own safety that those nice Rangers fans are being kept of the Mancs "manor".

The_Todd
02-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Of course, this is how all away trips go in the EPL so they're just getting practice in for their imminent entry next year 2015 2020 2035 never.

Barney McGrew
02-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Personally if it was me and Hibs were going down to Manchester for a European tie and my travel plans etc were all being dictated to me, I wouldn't be best pleased.

The difference being that Hibs supporters haven't been down to Manchester and wrecked their city and attacked the Police.

Rangers supporters did, hence the heavy handed tactics this time. They reap what they sow and all that........

hibsdaft
02-09-2010, 08:04 PM

in the weeks running up to the event Cameron was telling all Rangers fans without tickets to head down regardless, despite Greater Manchester Police pleading for them not to. the guy should have been collared for that at the time.

squire
02-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Im going down for this match as a treat - in the United end obviously. It might be quite interesting out and about Manchester city centre with a Scottish accent. I may have to play the George Best/Hibs card cos im not being tarred as a Hun thats for sure

Chuckie
02-09-2010, 08:42 PM
It's a good initiative, and one I'd like to see implemented for our games against the hun.

I'd have them locked up in Edinburgh Zoo prior to the game for rest facilities/catering/family bonding.

The Silver Fox
02-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't think many no ticket supporters will turn up for this one. Those that do will be turned away and all supporters will he herded like cattle to and from the ground.

They will be able to thank their idiotic moron supporters for the way they treated Manchester last time.

sixtwo
02-09-2010, 08:57 PM
I have no doubt there will be a few mancs looking for revenge!

Imagine if a load of united fans had ran riot in glasgow. Battering locals and trashing the city centre(ok i recognise Glasgow is already a slum but bear with me).

I reckon if it was a reversal of what happened in manchester and all the trouble was in glasgow, there would be squads of trouble makers looking for revenge if they ever came back up the road.
I am pretty sure there will be loads of nutters in manchester wanting to settle the score!

Bostonhibby
02-09-2010, 09:04 PM
A Rangers spokesman said: "Tickets will only be issued to the named recipient on the transfer from the DW Stadium to Old Trafford, and tickets will not be issued to anyone under the influence of alcohol."

Aye OK then.

:agree:And apparently they will be cracking down on the singing of banned sectarian songs, just like the SFA do.

lyonhibs
02-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I would probably agree with that.

Whilst some of the things that happened on that day were disgraceful (the Police officer getting a battering for one) I don't think you can possibly compare a European final to a run-of-the-mill Champions League match.

There were thousands upon thousands of Rangers fans down in Manchester for that final, people who just wanted to be there for the occasion. I highly doubt that there will be too many people there for this match, who don't possess tickets, certainly not enough to cause chaos on the scale that was seen two years ago.

If Hibs had - in 2008 - taken circa 150,000 folk down there, trashed the place, battered policemen etc etc, and we got drawn against them - we can but dream - in the Champions League, and I was an honest fan wanting to watch my team play at OT with no intention of causing trouble, I'd have to grit my teeth and get on with following the police instructions. After all, my principal purpose of going to Manchester is the 90 minutes on the pitch - not to get blootered, cause a rammy or batter any policemen.

If, however, I was a no-good piece of jakey trash that just fancied a second jolly down the M6 to get pished and go looking for trouble, then the arrangements as described might make me think twice.

You can bet your bottom dollar that, as the GMP didn't come up the Clyde in a banana boat, they will have a decent presence in Manchester City centre ready to hoover up any Huns (preferably in a melee of batons and dogs) that decide to a) ignore the police instructions and b) get pished and look like making life a misery for ordinary folk in the city centre.

The_Todd
02-09-2010, 09:24 PM
If Hibs had - in 2008 - taken circa 150,000 folk down there, trashed the place, battered policemen etc etc, and we got drawn against them - we can but dream - in the Champions League, and I was an honest fan wanting to watch my team play at OT with no intention of causing trouble, I'd have to grit my teeth and get on with following the police instructions. After all, my principal purpose of going to Manchester is the 90 minutes on the pitch - not to get blootered, cause a rammy or batter any policemen.

Couldn't have put it better myself. The "decent" Rangers fans (I'm sure they do exist, they're just the minority) will surely put up with this if they're lucky enough to get a ticket for the match.

And the only people to blame are their fellow "fans".

iwasthere1972
02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Nae swigging in Wigan?

Aye sure.

Hibs On Tour
02-09-2010, 10:00 PM

Wisnae just Rangers and it wisnae their firm who were involved - it was steaming fans. There were some old Hibs and Hearts lads down there too and at least one was involved.

Its never as simple as it says on the tin... :wink:

Hibs On Tour
02-09-2010, 10:02 PM
:agree:

The good Rangers fans who have had their reputation besmirched by these blooming sneaky Chelsea types , it fair makes my blood boil :grr:

At the risk of sounding all "Green Street" im led to believe that Mancs viewed the Rangers , sorry Chelsea , shenanigans as a major insult to their city. To such an extent that the City and Utd hoolies are putting aside their mutual hatred to team up and go out looking for our Govan chums. It might be best for their own safety that those nice Rangers fans are being kept of the Mancs "manor".

No gonnae happen, particularly as a lot of Rangers lot are mates with a lot of City's lot...

LancashireHibby
03-09-2010, 12:22 AM
All pretty academic as the plan won't be going ahead, and only a few hundred fans will be accomodated at Wigan, and even then it will be the corporate brigade. I will happily say that I'd like to think that I played a part in not having those filth anywhere within 10 miles of me apart from when they go to the Glazerdome.

Steve20
03-09-2010, 08:23 AM
They are lucky to be even allowed any tickets for this match after the way they behaved the last time they were down there.

Joe Baker II
03-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Idiots of Manchester Police having made a mess (along with the Council admittedly) of the 2008 final do not seem to appreciate that there will not be an exodus of 149,000 or so people who can behave themsleves plus anything from 100 to a few thousand people looking/willing to join in/reacted to police attacks etc trouble for what this time is a relatively routine European fixture.

I imagine the upshot will be that there will be a lot of regular Rangers away supporters buying tickets in home areas (should not be difficult since Man U have not sold out their season tickets this season, Euro games not on their season ticket anyway, and there are probably 20000 or so Rangers fans in Lancashire anyway plus many more based in England) as they understandably will object to this cattle class treatment. If Manchester Police want to encourage this in thier wisdom up to them!

Green One - the Man U European Cup celebrations were vetoed by police prior to violence at final, it is not only Ranger sfans who suffer unfair treatment from Manchester Police.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2010, 03:51 PM

If, however, I was a no-good piece of jakey trash that just fancied a second jolly down the M6 to get pished and go looking for trouble, then the arrangements as described might make me think twice.

You can bet your bottom dollar that, as the GMP didn't come up the Clyde in a banana boat, they will have a decent presence in Manchester City centre ready to hoover up any Huns (preferably in a melee of batons and dogs) that decide to a) ignore the police instructions and b) get pished and look like making life a misery for ordinary folk in the city centre.

Of course you would need to grit your teeth and follow police instructions, if you wanted to go to the game, you wouldn't have any other option. All I'm saying is, I probably wouldn't be too pleased at being forced to travel down by coach, go to Wigan and then get shuttled off to Manchester. I always go by car to all matches, home and away, mainly because I enjoy having the freedom to go about where I want, when I want and if you are going by coach, you don't have that luxury.

I understand that Greater Manchester Police and the other authorities involved are wary of Rangers going down to Manchester so soon after the events of the UEFA Cup final but, for the reasons I have already explained with regards to this match being nothing like a European final, I think the strict rules that are being put in place are a bit unnecessary.

Phil D. Rolls
03-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Wisnae just Rangers and it wisnae their firm who were involved - it was steaming fans. There were some old Hibs and Hearts lads down there too and at least one was involved.

Its never as simple as it says on the tin... :wink:

I think the vast majority were drunken nonentities from small town Scotland who just couldn't handle being away from the rat holes they call home. Most of them would have freaked out the minute they saw a double decker bus.

Barney McGrew
03-09-2010, 05:30 PM
BBC reporting that eleven huns have been jailed for their part in the Manchester bother.

Phil D. Rolls
03-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Idiots of Manchester Police having made a mess (along with the Council admittedly) of the 2008 final do not seem to appreciate that there will not be an exodus of 149,000 or so people who can behave themsleves plus anything from 100 to a few thousand people looking/willing to join in/reacted to police attacks etc trouble for what this time is a relatively routine European fixture.

I imagine the upshot will be that there will be a lot of regular Rangers away supporters buying tickets in home areas (should not be difficult since Man U have not sold out their season tickets this season, Euro games not on their season ticket anyway, and there are probably 20000 or so Rangers fans in Lancashire anyway plus many more based in England) as they understandably will object to this cattle class treatment. If Manchester Police want to encourage this in thier wisdom up to them!

Green One - the Man U European Cup celebrations were vetoed by police prior to violence at final, it is not only Ranger sfans who suffer unfair treatment from Manchester Police.

Aye, it hurts like hell that they couldn't organise a major international event. Manc. [swear filter not bypassed] thinking they can take the Festival away from us - got a long way to go before they are a tourist destination.

linlithgowhibbie
04-09-2010, 12:04 PM

Sorry Joe, r u saying the polis attacked the huns and it was all the old bills fault! Also why were the celebrations vetoed before the final???? I suggest you praise the cops for that decision cause if the current buns had won the cup even more of manchester and area would have been trashed.
This is coming from someone with 1st hand experience of the standard of "Fan" that was in the Manchester areas before during and after the match.

truehibernian
04-09-2010, 12:18 PM

Maybe as the meerkats would say, just go to the game, enjoy it, don't look for/join in with fighting, and stay out of trouble. Simples. It is what I would call just plain and simple human decency. Seems to me many folk are looking to shift blame to cops/councils/UEFA/event organisers. For me the blame has to lie with the people who caused/were intent on/joined in with the fighting and rioting. Kinda sums up Britain for me at the moment. Wishy washy pash and folk always eager to blame authority. Why has the respect gone nowadays - folk putting up with the intolerable and not prepared to say what we are all thinking for fear of getting pulled up by the "PC" brigade. I couldnae give a sook if the police had put huge water canons on the lot of them. But I am sure one fan would go to the European Courts saying he couldn't swim and thus breached his health and ******ing safety.

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Maybe as the meerkats would say, just go to the game, enjoy it, don't look for/join in with fighting, and stay out of trouble. Simples. It is what I would call just plain and simple human decency. Seems to me many folk are looking to shift blame to cops/councils/UEFA/event organisers. For me the blame has to lie with the people who caused/were intent on/joined in with the fighting and rioting. Kinda sums up Britain for me at the moment. Wishy washy pash and folk always eager to blame authority. Why has the respect gone nowadays - folk putting up with the intolerable and not prepared to say what we are all thinking for fear of getting pulled up by the "PC" brigade. I couldnae give a sook if the police had put huge water canons on the lot of them. But I am sure one fan would go to the European Courts saying he couldn't swim and thus breached his health and ******ing safety.

Jeezo. :bitchy:

truehibernian
04-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Jeezo. :bitchy:

And why so filled rolls. The people rioting were animals. Plain and simples. Not the police's fault, not the council's.......the folk rioting were utter animals. And a water canon would have been perfect for them. No jeezo about it.

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2010, 01:06 PM
And why so filled rolls. The people rioting were animals. Plain and simples. Not the police's fault, not the council's.......the folk rioting were utter animals. And a water canon would have been perfect for them. No jeezo about it.

Well,your previous post was quite a rant, and tbh I am not sure how serious you were about some of the things you said in it.

My real question was what poilitical correctness has to do with it?