PDA

View Full Version : Big gay pub quiz

Andy74
01-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Just wandered inadvertently into a gay Bar in London. As I was noticing I also clicked it was pub quiz night. Only question I heard was cabbage and ribs is slang for which Scottish football team. I'm now a local gay hero but my search fir a pint goes on...

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Just wandered inadvertently into a gay Bar in London. As I was noticing I also clicked it was pub quiz night. Only question I heard was cabbage and ribs is slang for which Scottish football team. I'm now a local gay hero but my search fir a pint goes on...

Aye right.:faf:

BroxburnHibee
01-09-2010, 08:33 PM

Reading that - it looks like you've had too many pints already :greengrin

Toaods
01-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Just wandered inadvertently into a gay Bar in London.

...did you stick out like a sore thumb...:wink:

ArabHibee
01-09-2010, 08:52 PM
What was the prize? :cool2:

greenlex
01-09-2010, 09:04 PM
How did you know it was a gay bar?

Andy74
01-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Good question. All men, some posters on the wall about gay nights. It dawned on me that maybe it wasn't really the bar I was looking for. Incredible one question to hear though! All the Hibees are gay!!

speedy_gonzales
02-09-2010, 08:33 AM
This reminds me of one time I was in London on union business, was walking about 5 minutes north of china town when it started to rain, it was early evening so popped into the first pub I came to. Ordered my guiness from an old dear that obviously didn't like wearing a bra, sat down and read my free paper that they chuck in your face every 2 minutes down there. I had had half my pint and read a few pages when I looked up and around. How the **** I didn't notice on the way in, but htis was a gay bar, and they weren't trying to hide it. I'm not going to go into detail but I didn't hang around too long, even though the pint was decent.
The next year I was in the SoHo area with a group of guys on a jolly boys outing, for whatever reason we walked along 'Old Compton Street' on our way to leicester square, at the end there was the Duke of Wellington pub, the pub I had been in the previous year, I foolishly admitted to them all my blunder. I still get a ribbing for it today, for outside this pub it looked like there was a sponsored snogathon(men only), to this day nobody can understand how I DIDN't know it was a gay 'friendly' bar.

Lucius Apuleius
06-09-2010, 05:40 AM
Hope you never offered to push anyone's stool in for them.......

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Did you have a go on one of the bandits?