PDA

View Full Version : Yam Reserves vs Underachieving Has Been's XI (Friday night)

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Who will triumph? Does anyone care?

7Hero
01-09-2010, 03:02 PM
can only assume you are referring to our national team sir..

took me a while, a bit slow on the pickup today i'm afraid.

As long as im scottish i care about friday mate, not everybody on the board does but i enjoy supporting my country regardless of which players the national coach picks, so come on scotland...

Chuckie
01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
I may watch it.

It's always a good laugh watching drunken grown men in skirts crying.

.Sean.
01-09-2010, 03:07 PM
I doubt anybody other than Huns and Jambos will be taking a great deal of interest in the national side under the stewardship of Levein. He's proved himself to be an anti-Riordan, Hun-loving SFA yes man.

khib70
01-09-2010, 03:15 PM
can only assume you are referring to our national team sir..

took me a while, a bit slow on the pickup today i'm afraid.

As long as im scottish i care about friday mate, not everybody on the board does but i enjoy supporting my country regardless of which players the national coach picks, so come on scotland...
:agree:Well said.

Some of the garbage spouted on here about the national team is worthy of one of the OF websites. I'm a Scot, I support them. Yes, they may have taken the outrageous step of having lots of players from the team that's won the league up here for two years, but I can forgive them. (How many players from outside Barca and Real played in the Spanish WC winning side? Were supporters of the rest of La Liga girning and competing with each other to say how little they cared about the national side? Don't think so.

We've got one Scottish player here of international standard, and he damn well should be in the team. However the fact that he isn't is not going to get me forgetting where I come from, and joining the dreary chorus of Scotland-bashers who crop up on here every time a squad is announced.

Give it a rest. Stay in and watch Corrie of Friday and gie the rest of us peace

Golden Bear
01-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Yip.

I'll always support my national team regardless of who is at the helm or who the present eejit happens to pick or not pick.

Hibs90
01-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Not really got that much of an interest in the game but will probably watch it anyways

Malthibby
01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
The Scotland team should be important to us, I'll certainly be cheering them on (in front of the telly). Sadly, I think, the recent years of under-performing have lessened interest.
Deeks should of course be in the team.
GG

Hibby Bairn
01-09-2010, 04:39 PM
I don't understand why a Scottish born and based football fan would not be interested in the Scotland team?

Is that not what we all want. Young scots developing through various club sides and eventually playing in the international side?

And then seeing how they get on versus other nations' best players?

IFONLY
01-09-2010, 04:44 PM
:agree:Well said.

Some of the garbage spouted on here about the national team is worthy of one of the OF websites. I'm a Scot, I support them. Yes, they may have taken the outrageous step of having lots of players from the team that's won the league up here for two years, but I can forgive them. (How many players from outside Barca and Real played in the Spanish WC winning side? Were supporters of the rest of La Liga girning and competing with each other to say how little they cared about the national side? Don't think so.

We've got one Scottish player here of international standard, and he damn well should be in the team. However the fact that he isn't is not going to get me forgetting where I come from, and joining the dreary chorus of Scotland-bashers who crop up on here every time a squad is announced.

Give it a rest. Stay in and watch Corrie of Friday and gie the rest of us peace

Dont think its about forgetting where one comes from, its about having to put up with the same old same old no matter who the manager is. Have a look at the quality of the team. Different manager same players, Levein talked a good game before and after he was given the job but he is just a clone of the managers before him. Can you really say that you are happy with the players he has picked? You can be proud of your country but you dont have to support the O.F. national team, and to use Spain as an example borders on lunacy IMO.

Golden Bear
01-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Dont think its about forgetting where one comes from, its about having to put up with the same old same old no matter who the manager is. Have a look at the quality of the team. Different manager same players, Levein talked a good game before and after he was given the job but he is just a clone of the managers before him. Can you really say that you are happy with the players he has picked? You can be proud of your country but you dont have to support the O.F. national team, and to use Spain as an example borders on lunacy IMO.

I'm not sure if it would make any difference who the Manager is. Scotland as a nation is just not producing the quality players we used to and maybe it's time to ask who coaches the Coaches.

Hainan Hibs
01-09-2010, 04:56 PM
The team selection pisses me off, the coach pisses me off, the SFA pisses me off, Scottish football pisses me off, will I be watching? Damn right I will be.

I support Scotland with just as much passion and feeling as I do Hibs. For Scotland games club rivalry goes out the window and I'll be cheering on 11 Scots

Edit : Until someone ****s up and then they will be referred to as a Hun.

Jamesie
01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Hibs for the Scottish Cup or Scotland for the World Cup?

While I'm a regular attendee at Scotland games, home and away, it would be Hibs for the Scottish every time - would feel a lot more personal for some reason.

Nando™
01-09-2010, 10:16 PM

While I'm a regular attendee at Scotland games, home and away, it would be Hibs for the Scottish every time - would feel a lot more personal for some reason.
Let's not start this pish AGAIN...

Chuckie
01-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't support Scotland, even though I was born here.

There are too many psychological barriers to cross. One week baying for Kenny Millers blood, the next stroking him off like he's a long lost perverted uncle.

Oscar Wilde said that patriotism is the virtue of the vicious and I agree.

I also find the 'tartan army' jaw droppingly embarrassing.. A bunch of unfulfilled, 30 something, fat faced, drunken reprobates in skirts and caterpillar boots singing camp Sound Of Music songs repeatedly, banging on about how great they are cos 'we dinnae start fights, no like the English' - truly Scotlands shame.

Geez peace.

just_joe
01-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Only reason ill be watching it is for the fact I have big money on Lithuania.

Toaods
01-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Wonder if the Lithuanian paymaster saw to Wallace's injury...:wink:

Get your money on Miko to score...Scotland are abysmal.

7Hero
01-09-2010, 11:08 PM

no offence jamesie, but thats the most obvious statement ive ever heard in my life...

but until that day arises, i may aswell cheer on the national team until the holy grail appears afore me..
:greengrin

7Hero
01-09-2010, 11:13 PM

There are too many psychological barriers to cross. One week baying for Kenny Millers blood, the next stroking him off like he's a long lost perverted uncle.

I also find the 'tartan army' jaw droppingly embarrassing.. A bunch of unfulfilled, 30 something, fat faced, drunken reprobates in skirts and caterpillar boots singing camp Sound Of Music songs repeatedly, banging on about how great they are cos 'we dinnae start fights, no like the English' - truly Scotlands shame.

Geez peace.

i have never wanted to give the waving smiley to anyone ever as it is a mark of complete disdain at that persons comment but for you i am quite happy to do so....

:bye:

oscar wilde may have said that, but i say to you :

"you are a plum"

silverhibee
01-09-2010, 11:25 PM

Couldn't give a toss about the national side.

Steve20
02-09-2010, 04:43 AM
I have never cared about the national team and I never will. Just doesn't interest me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
02-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Hmmm...looks like an exciting draw then.

basehibby
02-09-2010, 07:18 AM

I'll be watching and supporting like I always do - Riordan should be in the squad but his absence will not stop me roaring on MY team. I could no more not support Scotland than I could give up on Hibs - something which simply aint gonna happen.

As for the result??? It's a tricky one - Lithuania are certainly no pushovers although Scotland should have more than them - but it's Levein's first proper game in charge so there's plenty inponderables. Also, it's in Lithuania - so all considered I'll predict a 1-1 draw - Kenny Miller to score for Scotland.

poolman
02-09-2010, 07:27 AM

No interested in watching that lot any more

khib70
02-09-2010, 08:04 AM
No interested in watching that lot any more

:yawn:Yeah, look at you out there on the edge, eh? You must be the first person ever to post that.

Tiresome cliched nonsense:bye:

johnrebus
02-09-2010, 08:06 AM
I am Scottish and proud of it.

But that does not mean I have to support the National Football team, listen to Runrig or eat haggis every day of the week.

History shows that there has been a few problems in the past with the masses just blindly following the official line without any real thought.......,

Quite frankly I hope Potter and his eleven get royally horsed tomorrow night.

:whistle:

khib70
02-09-2010, 08:09 AM
I am Scottish and proud of it.

But that does not mean I have to support the National Football team, listen to Runrig or eat haggis every day of the week.

History shows that there has been a few problems in the past with the masses just blindly following the official line without any real thought.......,

Quite frankly I hope Potter and his eleven get royally horsed tomorrow night.

:whistle:
Yes, it goes by various names, including Unionism. Good luck supporting all these yams tomorrow.

johnrebus
02-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Yes, it goes by various names, including Unionism. Good luck supporting all these yams tomorrow.

Like you presumably, when you vote for Alex Salmond?

Hibbyradge
02-09-2010, 08:15 AM
I'll be watching it in Inverness.

Should be a good atmosphere.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-09-2010, 08:42 AM
I was a fervent supporter of the national side for many years and have great memories from the early 60s, but as soon as Roxburgh took over I knew the writing was on the wall, far too many managers have came in and done zilch and this will include Potter.

I am a very proud Scotsman and will continue to watch them on TV only, I am currently awaiting two guys in white jackets to come and pick me up :greengrin

Mon the Scots!!!

Pretty Boy
02-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Couldn't give a toss who wins.

I've never cared about the national team even during the recent successes:wink:(if beating the worst French side in recent history is classed as success then fair enough).

Probably won't watch, might watch the Northern Ireland game, might watch a film, might have a sleep but not going to be bored to tears watching a typical 'spirited' away performance by Scotland.

If that makes me unpatriotic then good, i'm glad.

rainman
02-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Somebody hold my "See you Jimmy hat" while I yawn.

Harry Potter or not. Riordan or not. International football is drivel.

deeks01
02-09-2010, 09:18 AM
The team selection pisses me off, the coach pisses me off, the SFA pisses me off, Scottish football pisses me off, will I be watching? Damn right I will be.

I support Scotland with just as much passion and feeling as I do Hibs. For Scotland games club rivalry goes out the window and I'll be cheering on 11 Scots

Edit : Until someone ****s up and then they will be referred to as a Hun.

x2 , fantastically well said! :agree:

c'mon scotland!!!

MacBean
02-09-2010, 09:30 AM
did people have a problem with supporting their nation when were beating France, Ukraine et al?:cool2:

poolman
02-09-2010, 09:32 AM
:yawn:Yeah, look at you out there on the edge, eh? You must be the first person ever to post that.

Tiresome cliched nonsense:bye:

It's nonesense that I cant be bothered watching Harry Potters Huns :confused:

I'm on the edge of what exactly :confused:

Sorry I'm not exactly a Scotland uber fan like yourself :bye:

DCI Gene Hunt
02-09-2010, 09:33 AM

Geez peace.

:top marks Especially for the bit in bold.

Gene

Ed De Gramo
02-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I'll be watching but won't be supporting either team...

I've watched Scotland with so much passion in the past only to see Brummies, cockneys etc...all swanning about the park and not caring a jot...

Now Potter is mentioning names like Shola 'f***in' Ameobi....:dead:

He'd rather call up some reserve with a granny who bought a tin of shortbread in Dunoon than an actual Scottish born player who is one of our best finishers...

Steve-O
02-09-2010, 10:59 AM
I will of course be supporting my country, but I must admit I won't be unhappy to absolutely berate Levein if they get beat...:agree:

DCI Gene Hunt
02-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I won't be supporting "my country". In fact I'll be distancing myself from it. Embarrassing Yam manager, embarrassing Hun Huddy players, embarrassing performance, embarrassing fans, I'll have nothing to do with it thanks very much. :duck:

Some folk make a big deal of this "supporting your country" thing, but it's only a football team, a mince football team at that, not a war... :yawn: Fair enough if you support them, but it's not my cup of tea thanks.

Guv

Chuckie
02-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I'll be watching but won't be supporting either team...

I've watched Scotland with so much passion in the past only to see Brummies, cockneys etc...all swanning about the park and not caring a jot...

Now Potter is mentioning names like Shola 'f***in' Ameobi....:dead:

He'd rather call up some reserve with a granny who bought a tin of shortbread in Dunoon than an actual Scottish born player who is one of our best finishers...

Unpatriot Judas... :grr:

The Modfather
02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Couldn't give a toss who wins.

I've never cared about the national team even during the recent successes:wink:(if beating the worst French side in recent history is classed as success then fair enough).

That'll be the French team that were one kick of the ball away from being World Champions, not runners up. Can you not simply give credit where it is due? You will have more than ample opportunity to put the boot in, so no need to be bitter.

I go to every home game and, finances dictating, a couple of away trips each campaign. I have a mate who comes along to the away trips solely for the p*ss up. It gets my goat that he is not patriotic and doesn't care, I'll never understand it, but each to there own. What differs him from most on here is that he might care just as much (or little), but he doesn't get the same perverse pleasure out of being anti Scotland.

I can't stand rugby, and to be honest don't get that much joy from the national team winning, despite considering myself very patriotic. I just don't get Rugby, I'd like to see Scotland win, but I just find it hard to get passionate about rugby. That doesn't mean I want the national team to get beat or that'll I'll take pleasure from them getting beat in a joke sport. I simply "cheer" them on because it's Scotland, and let the people who are actualy passionate enjoy themselves.

By all means, have your own views on the national side, but don't try to drag those of us who do care, down.

(Pretty Boy - I was only quoting you on the France victories, the rest is simply a general point)

DCI Gene Hunt
02-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Fair point Frank. Respect where it's due.

Guv

Steve20
02-09-2010, 02:36 PM
did people have a problem with supporting their nation when were beating France, Ukraine et al?:cool2:

Yes. I didn't give a **** if the national side had beat France or not.

Alex Trager
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Surely this applies to hibs aswell then? and yet you still pay money to watch them every week, except the same players bit.

Geez peace.
same applies, except in terms of hibs and hearts

I won't be supporting "my country". In fact I'll be distancing myself from it. Embarrassing Yam manager, embarrassing Hun Huddy players, embarrassing performance, embarrassing fans, I'll have nothing to do with it thanks very much. :duck:

Some folk make a big deal of this "supporting your country" thing, but it's only a football team, a mince football team at that, not a war... :yawn: Fair enough if you support them, but it's not my cup of tea thanks.

Guv
Fair enough, good point, if you dont watch it and never have don't, but dont actively want them to fail

Hank Schrader
02-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes. I didn't give a **** if the national side had beat France or not.

:greengrin Succinct and to the point!!

IFONLY
02-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Surely this applies to hibs aswell then? and yet you still pay money to watch them every week, except the same players bit.

same applies, except in terms of hibs and hearts

Fair enough, good point, if you dont watch it and never have don't, but dont actively want them to fail

The main point I am trying to make is that no matter who the manager of Scotland is there will always be a bias towards O.F. players(and ex O.F. players) no matter what their ability. IMO too many good players get overlooked because of this. I seriously thought that Levein would change this but no. It is my choice to watch Hibs and to pay my money to do so. I will never waste it on watching a Scottish team so devoid of passion ,ideas or skill, in fact if the game was outside my window I would shut the curtains.

Alex Trager
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
The main point I am trying to make is that no matter who the manager of Scotland is there will always be a bias towards O.F. players(and ex O.F. players) no matter what their ability. IMO too many good players get overlooked because of this. I seriously thought that Levein would change this but no. It is my choice to watch Hibs and to pay my money to do so. I will never waste it on watching a Scottish team so devoid of passion ,ideas or skill, in fact if the game was outside my window I would shut the curtains.
well thats fine but dont rip into the supporters because we're all the same except the teams are different.
And i feel that not supporting them is one thing but wanting them to get beat is embarrassing

Carrick Hibs
02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
I've seen loads of people complaining about "Hun Huddys", "Underachievers" and how Old Firm bias is stopping other players from being selected but other than Deek (who should be a stick on for the squad) can anybody share the names of these players that are being restricted or is it just a case of some people just sticking the boot in cos it is the "IN" thing to do? :confused:

CropleyWasGod
02-09-2010, 04:19 PM
I've seen loads of people complaining about "Hun Huddys", "Underachievers" and how Old Firm bias is stopping other players from being selected but other than Deek (who should be a stick on for the squad) can anybody share the names of these players that are being restricted or is it just a case of some people just sticking the boot in cos it is the "IN" thing to do? :confused:

... and is the ire intensified because of the facts that the manager is an ex-Jambo and that Deek was left out?

lapsedhibee
02-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I will never waste it on watching a Scottish team so devoid of passion ,ideas or skill, in fact if the game was outside my window I would shut the curtains.
I've seen this expression, or variants of it, used, quite literally, 4278562958235 times on here in relation to Scotland games. But how many of us pegsellers actually have a back garden big enough to host an international qualifier, or live in very very high flats in Mount Florida? It doesn't make sense. :grr:

MacBean
02-09-2010, 05:06 PM
I am Scottish, I am proud of my country, and love it.
I support my national sportsman, whether it is in Football, Rugby, Tennis, Cycling, Curling, or Cricket.
I don't have to be a cricket nut or a mad cycling fiend but i want every sports man who is scottish to succeed and that counts for my national football team too.

Whether we have a clueless baffoon behind the steering wheel on what is a double decker bus with 3 wheels and flat tyres or whether we have Jose Mourihno with a pristine condition £1,000,000 Bugati Veyron; I will stand by and support my country til the day i am extradited or killed.

Alba Gu Braith

IFONLY
02-09-2010, 06:40 PM
well thats fine but dont rip into the supporters because we're all the same except the teams are different.
And i feel that not supporting them is one thing but wanting them to get beat is embarrassing

Where in my post did I say that ?

IFONLY
02-09-2010, 09:07 PM
I've seen this expression, or variants of it, used, quite literally, 4278562958235 times on here in relation to Scotland games. But how many of us pegsellers actually have a back garden big enough to host an international qualifier, or live in very very high flats in Mount Florida? It doesn't make sense. :grr:

In your vague attempt to be smart you maybe should have read the post properly where exactly does it say back garden??

iwasthere1972
02-09-2010, 09:39 PM

I care. I know it's on BBC1 and I could watch it at home but I am planning to combine my viewing pleasure with a few jars at the local pub. I'll be there cheering them on until the bitter end unless of course Lithium batteries are leading 2-0 at half time in which case I'm heading back home to watch Coronation Street.

.Sean.
02-09-2010, 09:44 PM

Guv
I don't think i've ever encountered a post on here i've agreed so much with.

Tickaboo son! :top marks

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I shall be playing poker tomorrow night. There was once a time i wouldn't have missed a game like this for the world. I cant support some of those dicks, especially those i have abused only 2 weeks ago. I still hope we win, but wont care if we don't.

Davy Mac
02-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Have to say, I'm not fussy either way with Scotland.

Personally, I don't feel the SFA engage with fans around Scotland at all, for me I can't be bothered with trudgeon thru to Dumpden to watch guys like David Weir.

McFadden's worth the entrance fee but nah, not for me and neither is Levein as Manager.

Ed De Gramo
02-09-2010, 10:15 PM
I support my national sportsman, whether it is in Football, Rugby, Tennis, Cycling, Curling, or Cricket.
I don't have to be a cricket nut or a mad cycling fiend but i want every sports man who is scottish to succeed and that counts for my national football team too.

Whether we have a clueless baffoon behind the steering wheel on what is a double decker bus with 3 wheels and flat tyres or whether we have Jose Mourihno with a pristine condition £1,000,000 Bugati Veyron; I will stand by and support my country til the day i am extradited or killed.

Alba Gu Braith

No offence....but do you want a medal or something?

new malkyhib
02-09-2010, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=Chuckie;2566019]I don't support Scotland, even though I was born here.

Powerful imagery, there Chuckie:faf:

Or should I say Jerry?

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-09-2010, 06:22 AM

Alba Gu Braith

:agree: :top marks

DCI Gene Hunt
03-09-2010, 06:42 AM
That said, would anybody actually dare support the Yam Reserves? :no way:

Guv

18/03/07
03-09-2010, 07:22 AM
I doubt anybody other than Huns and Jambos will be taking a great deal of interest in the national side under the stewardship of Levein. He's proved himself to be an anti-Riordan, Hun-loving SFA yes man.
Sean,i've seen this comment posted a few times about levein and deek what did potter say? or is it because he never picks him for Scotland?

Wembley67
03-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Is disliking your national team now one of the cool things to do, you know like hating Facebook and big brother????

:cool2:

delbert
03-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't think it's anything to do with being cool, but frankly with this Scotland team, if they were playing the game in my back garden, I would'nt open the curtains to watch them. Complete apathy probably describes my feeling towards the Scottish national team at the moment as I just can't empathise with any team connected with Harry Potter , I don't think I am alone in that, and for what it's worth, I don't think we have a snowballs chance of qualifying from this group, not just because of the dearth of talent in the team, but because I certainly don't see Levein as the (next) messiah that some appear to think he is - time will tell.

DCI Gene Hunt
03-09-2010, 09:42 AM
It's not cool, it's just the way that more and more of us feel. :zzzzz!:

Why not go the whole hog and just rename the Scotland squad "Rangers"?

Gene

1875er
03-09-2010, 09:48 AM
I don't think it's anything to do with being cool, but frankly with this Scotland team, if they were playing the game in my back garden, I would'nt open the curtains to watch them. Complete apathy probably describes my feeling towards the Scottish national team at the moment as I just can't empathise with any team connected with Harry Potter , I don't think I am alone in that, and for what it's worth, I don't think we have a snowballs chance of qualifying from this group, not just because of the dearth of talent in the team, but because I certainly don't see Levein as the (next) messiah that some appear to think he is - time will tell.

Spot on and sums up my feelings too.. :agree::agree::agree::agree:

MacBean
03-09-2010, 10:17 AM
No offence....but do you want a medal or something?

:blah:

I think you'll find I'm replying to the OP's question "does anyone actually care?". I'm throwing my tuppance in and stating how much I actually do care.

Just because it may be something you dont agree with there is nae need for a reply like that.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2010, 10:40 AM
:blah:

I think you'll find I'm replying to the OP's question "does anyone actually care?". I'm throwing my tuppance in and stating how much I actually do care.

Just because it may be something you dont agree with there is nae need for a reply like that.

:agree: I personally don't care much about the team anymore, but if someone does then they should not be ridiculed.

Carrick Hibs
03-09-2010, 10:45 AM
It's not cool, it's just the way that more and more of us feel. :zzzzz!:

Why not go the whole hog and just rename the Scotland squad "Rangers"?

Gene

so who in your opinion are the players that should be in the squad instead of the Rangers players? not one person on any of the Scotland threads have came up with a name other than Deek!

as far as I can see there are loads of people lining up to jump on the bandwagon of slagging Potter (no problem with that as I think he's a speccy @rse too) but not coming up with any alternatives!

Geo_1875
03-09-2010, 10:58 AM
McCulloch and Naismith. WTF? I think I'll just withdraw my support while Potter is in charge then consider supporting again under a new manager.

johnrebus
03-09-2010, 11:39 AM
McCulloch and Naismith. WTF? I think I'll just withdraw my support while Potter is in charge then consider supporting again under a new manager.

I have to admit that when I saw the name Naismith in the squad, I assumed it was Gary Naismith, the former Yam and Evertonian, who had been recalled.

On learning it is actually Naigoals - the Hun - I am more convinced than ever that Potter must be Uncle Walter's ba*tard lovechild.

What a joke.

:grr:

Sir David Gray
03-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I would never actually actively support Scotland's opponents but, at the moment, I really couldn't care less about how the national side does.

It would not surprise me one bit if Lithuania win tonight by a couple of goals and any team who decides to go with one up front against a side that they should be looking to beat, deserve all they get.

Gregor
03-09-2010, 11:49 AM
The Festival Fringe may be over, but the comedy continues ... tonight on BBC1 Scotland, from 1930.

Actually, I'm really looking forward to the game tonight. Coverage is on the BBC and I've heard rumours from several sources that wee Pat has ditched his reliable bic biro and gone for the gel-filled clicky pen with the rubber cap on the nib.

He's got history as well. Who can forget the night Five had to cancel the Spain v Scotland friendly (I say friendly, it was a kick-fest and brilliant at that) after he foolishly opted for a Mont Blanc fountain pen and ended up with squiggles on his face and a burst cartridge that made him look like he'd blown a smurf?

Or the CIS Cup Final ; while he was joining in with Sunshine on Leith, Dougie Donnelly drew a cock and balls on his back. Such japes.

bawheid
03-09-2010, 11:53 AM
The Festival Fringe may be over, but the comedy continues ... tonight on BBC1 Scotland, from 1930.

Actually, I'm really looking forward to the game tonight. Coverage is on the BBC and I've heard rumours from several sources that wee Pat has ditched his reliable bic biro and gone for the gel-filled clicky pen with the rubber cap on the nib.

He's got history as well. Who can forget the night Five had to cancel the Spain v Scotland friendly (I say friendly, it was a kick-fest and brilliant at that) after he foolishly opted for a Mont Blanc fountain pen and ended up with squiggles on his face and a burst cartridge that made him look like he'd blown a smurf?

Or the CIS Cup Final ; while he was joining in with Sunshine on Leith, Dougie Donnelly drew a cock and balls on his back. Such japes.

In the pub already? :greengrin

MacBean
03-09-2010, 12:33 PM

What's happening during the first 15 minutes of the game :confused:

:devil:

Gregor
03-09-2010, 12:53 PM
What's happening during the first 15 minutes of the game

It takes that long to spark Davy Weir into life these days. BBC have decided against broadcasting such coverage in case it lowers his price should the Rangers decide to sell him to keep the club afloat.

FACT.

MacBean
03-09-2010, 12:56 PM
It takes that long to spark Davy Weir into life these days. BBC have decided against broadcasting such coverage in case it lowers his price should the Rangers decide to sell him to keep the club afloat.

FACT.

:top marks

Chuckie
03-09-2010, 03:14 PM
i have never wanted to give the waving smiley to anyone ever as it is a mark of complete disdain at that persons comment but for you i am quite happy to do so....

:bye:

oscar wilde may have said that, but i say to you :

"you are a plum"

and you are a lychee....

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom !!!