PDA

View Full Version : Yogi talking about playing 3-5-2 (merged)

BoltonHibee
01-09-2010, 12:01 PM
With all the defenders that we have at our disposal, is our main line up going to be 5 across the back?

Hiber-nation
01-09-2010, 12:04 PM
With all the defenders that we have at our disposal, is our main line up going to be 5 across the back?

Hope not as we've no natural sweeper. It worked fine with Sauzee but there's no-one at the club who quite fits that bill :greengrin

No team seems to play 3 or 5 at the back these days.

Gatecrasher
01-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Smith

Hart
Bamba
Dickoh
Murray
Grounds

McBride
Miller
De Graaf

Duffy
Riordan

Someone will probably come up with a beeter one though

BoltonHibee
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Hope not as we've no natural sweeper. It worked fine with Sauzee but there's no-one at the club who quite fits that bill :greengrin

No team seems to play 3 or 5 at the back these days.

Thats what bothers me:greengrin

Hart Stephens Bamba Dickoh Grounds? with Hart and Grounds pushing further forward.

Gus
01-09-2010, 12:11 PM
hope we play a:

1-7-2-1

that SHOULD help stop leaking the goals

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Maybe that's why we extended the pitch :cool2:

Hibbyradge
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
I just think it gives us flexibility and depth.

Big-Si-1875
01-09-2010, 12:20 PM
How about Murray as a sweeper, reckon he would do a good job at it, or even as a future consideration

sambajustice
01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
9 across the back and hump high balls to Nish!

bighairyfaeleith
01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
9 across the back and hump high balls to Nish!

sssh yogi reads this forum

Woody1985
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM

:tee hee:

Tollhouse Hibee
01-09-2010, 02:51 PM
very interesting talking about a back 3 of Bamba, Dickoh and Stephens.

sounds like the end for Hoggy

who will the new skipper be?

Scooter
01-09-2010, 02:52 PM

a quality back 3

Deek for new captian :agree:

Tollhouse Hibee
01-09-2010, 02:56 PM
a quality back 3

not sure about deek as skipper, but think a back 3 with big athletic centre halves mean we might be able to defend corners and free kicks, and may actually score a couple at the other end too!

Danderhall Hibs
01-09-2010, 02:56 PM
I just think it gives us flexibility and depth.

So do I. We should've been playing that formation for a while now. Who cares if noone else plays it!

--------
01-09-2010, 02:58 PM
not sure about deek as skipper, but think a back 3 with big athletic centre halves mean we might be able to defend corners and free kicks, and may actually score a couple at the other end too!

Back three or back 5? Where does Grounds come in? Galbraith?

Westie1875
01-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Deek should be captain, only one who looks like he cares when we lose. Think it will be McBride or Miller though if Hogg and Murray are left out.

Tollhouse Hibee
01-09-2010, 03:00 PM

I would like to see spoons and galbraith played wide with a middle 3 of miller, mcbride and de graaf and controversially nish and riordan up front

Dirkster23

I'd imagine Grounds would be in the left wing back/wide midfield position. Probably the bench for Galbraith.

Danderhall Hibs
Back three or back 5?

That's the beauty of it. Back 5 when under pressure, back 3 when we're not.

Tollhouse Hibee
01-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I'd imagine Grounds would be in the left wing back/wide midfield position. Probably the bench for Galbraith.

i think galbraith has the potential to unlock defences with his pace tho

Green&White
01-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Id go for mcbride as captain. the only one with a bit of fire in his belly and is forever shouting and motivating others. (injury's may cause a problem tho)

i love deek as a player but i dont think he would have a good effect on the other players attitude wise as captain.

Tollhouse Hibee
01-09-2010, 03:03 PM
mcbride is a decent shout for skipper

Keith_M
01-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Yogi said he's re-thinking his views on the game, and that maybe Hibs should be "harder to beat".

With that in mind, maybe he will go 5 at the back.

hibs1989
01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Smith

Bamba Stephens Dickoh

Zemmama Murray Miller De Graff Stevenson

Deeks

Duffy

blairwallace
01-09-2010, 03:17 PM

So does petrie, can't tell what his username is though.

BoltonHibee
01-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Smith

Bamba Stephens Dickoh

Deeks

Duffy

I don't think so, he would more than likely play Hart (if fit) on the right and Grounds on the left, if that was the back three.

Not sure about Duffy up with Riordan in behind, or Murray Miller and De Graaf in the middle.

I dont like that side at all.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 03:18 PM
I hope not, playing 5 at the back would mean one of Hogg or Murray would be in the side. It might even mean both. :bitchy: Grounds is a left back, get him in there. Dickoh is a centre half, get him in there alongside Bamba. Get Hart in at right back, the games simple lets stop trying to complicate things by accommodating players who are clearly not good enough.

BoltonHibee
01-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I hope not, playing 5 at the back would mean one of Hogg or Murray would be in the side. It might even mean both. :bitchy: Grounds is a left back, get him in there. Dickoh is a centre half, get him in there alongside Bamba. Get Hart in at right back, the games simple lets stop trying to complicate things by accommodating players who are clearly not good enough.

Why do we need to play Hogg or Murray at the back in a 5?

Hart Stephens Bamba Dickoh Grounds? with Hart and Grounds pushing further forward.

Keith_M
01-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Blackpool, I know you're not keen on Murray, but don't you think he'd be worth a try as a sweeper? I realise he's no Sauzee but I personally would like to see how he fared.

As for Hogg, I'm with you on that one, he just needs dropped.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 03:24 PM

Have you seen who picks the side?

hibs1989
01-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Riordan in there to be given a free role. He is the the flair player that the team needs to built around.

IN MY OPINION

BoltonHibee
01-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Have you seen who picks the side?

Oh....is your guard slipping:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Blackpool, I know you're not keen on Murray, but don't you think he'd be worth a try as a sweeper? I realise he's no Sauzee but I personally would like to see how he fared.

As for Hogg, I'm with you on that one, he just needs dropped.

Someone playing sweeper needs to be able to pass the ball, Murray cant do that very well. He also needs to get the ball under control quickly, and move it on quickly at times, again Murray fails. IMHO he's finished, its the lower leagues for him very soon.

BoltonHibee
01-09-2010, 03:29 PM

I hate it when you wake up all grumpy.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Oh....is your guard slipping:greengrin

Yogi did very well last season with a team made up of a few good players and a lot of dross. He's had a chance to strengthen the back 4, he's done that. He now has to start picking the right players, the best players in the right formation. There is no excuse now, we have a back 4. We also have a midfield that can have a 4 without playing Derek there.

If he wants to **** about with the team now, when there is no need, then i wont defend him. I still feel he needs another 2 forwards, as Nish is another who's just plain crap and should never play another game for us. I'm convinced we will see at least one forward come in, and hopefully two.

If thats the case, we have a very decent team.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 03:34 PM
I hate it when you wake up all grumpy.

:greengrin Have you not got any work to do?

Hibstrooper
01-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Sol Bamba for captain

RoslinInstHibby
01-09-2010, 03:37 PM

:agree: i wonder if Yogi would be tempted with Miller.......

AndersonGGTTH
01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
must admit v. good back 3 if played maybe he is just talking about there physical presence :s ?

Wotherspiniesta
01-09-2010, 03:41 PM
:agree: i wonder if Yogi would be tempted with Miller.......

Either would be a good choice IMO.

Hibs90
01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Brown
Dickoh Bamba Stephens
Hart/Wotherspoon Grounds/Murray
McBride
Miller De Graaf

Deek Nish

Something like that? :confused:

hibeeleicester
01-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Sol Bamba for captain

:agree:

case closed.

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Brown

Dickoh Bamba Stephens

Hart/Wotherspoon Miller De Graaf Murray Galbraith

Nish Riordan (c)

col02
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Why are people picking Nish to play if he is supposedly so poor? I personally feel if Nish and Riordan were up top together we would be good for about 30 goals between them.

RoslinInstHibby
01-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Brown

Dickoh Bamba Stephens
McBride
Miller De Graaf

Deek Nish

i like the look of that!:agree:

keep the faith
01-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Surely deek and duffy up front!!

Scooter
01-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Brown

Dickoh Bamba Stephens

Nish Riordan (c)

I wouldn't change the personnel but dickho would go in the middle bamba in the left and Stephens on the right

PeterboroHibee
01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Not a fan of 3 at the back, was hoping for a Bamba and Dickoh CB pairing, Hanlon and Stephens as back up. Back line does look solid now though, and we appear to have good back up, glad hes tried to sort it out.

As for captain, would have to go with McBride or maybe Bamba. Dont really like a forward as captain which really only leaves them two. Giving Bamba an important role in the team could also maybe be used to convince him to sign an extension, even if we let him go next summer will be guaranteed a fee.

Dirkster23
01-09-2010, 04:23 PM
i think galbraith has the potential to unlock defences with his pace tho

I think so to, just can't see us bringing in Grounds till the winter break and not playing him. Maybe Grounds would play on the left side of the back 3 with Galbraith playing wide left?

MSK
01-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Sol Bamba for captainThats what i think ..if he strips Hogg from Captaincy ..:agree:

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Bamba for captain, even after all his ****ing about pre season :hmmm:

Some folk have VERY short memories..

There's NO chance giving him the captancy will make him stay/sign a extension/feel loved etc etc..

Worked well with Caldwell, Murray, Jones, Thomson etc etc...

Part/Time Supporter
01-09-2010, 05:13 PM

Deek left wing back

cockneymike
01-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Doesn't say much for Paul Hanlon, whose praises Yogi couldn't stop singing only a few short months ago.....

Twiglet
01-09-2010, 05:36 PM

Seems to play for the shirt, which is what we need in a captain. If captaincy does change then it needs to be someone who will reign the players, i.e. Bamba, in when they strop.

Miller33
01-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Any team without Hogg is a better team, but id still stick with the back 4 with Hart at right back, Murray or Grounds at left back and Bamba with Stephens or Dickoh in the centre. Id also take McBride or Miller as our captain, think Bamba has been trying to engineer a move away from Hibs with saying that teams like Liverpool and PSG have been after him without any concrete offers actually coming in, he's one of our best players and always gives 100% but just dont think he is the right man for captain.

stokesmessiah
01-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Deek left wing back

Eh.......Bizarre!!!! :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
01-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Eh.......Bizarre!!!! :confused:

:fishin:

Teuchter Hibbie
01-09-2010, 06:57 PM
brown ahead of smith. galbraith ahead of stevenson, and since (if what ive been told is true) zouma aint gona be back for a couple more months i'd have spoooony on the right.

still think we'd struggle in the wide areas tho, bamba is NOT a wing back.

Dirkster23
01-09-2010, 07:06 PM
brown ahead of smith. galbraith ahead of stevenson, and since (if what ive been told is true) zouma aint gona be back for a couple more months i'd have spoooony on the right.

still think we'd struggle in the wide areas tho, bamba is NOT a wing back.

He wouldn't be playing as a wing back in a 3-5-2 formation :rolleyes:

DH1875
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Brown

Dickoh Bamba Stephens

Nish Riordan (c)

Where's McBride? has to be in there before either De Graff or Murray.
Bamba should never be Hibs captain. He has messed us about more than once and will be off in the January window. In fact if he had his way he wouldn't even be at ER the now.

HFC 0-7
01-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Dont think a 3-5-2 would be a very clever idea to be honest. a 3-5-2 can be really effective but it takes a very good understanding for the back 3 to be able pull it off. I am not saying that they cant do it but they shouldnt do it straight away when they will be getting used to playing together.

Teuchter Hibbie
01-09-2010, 07:10 PM
He wouldn't be playing as a wing back in a 3-5-2 formation :rolleyes:

i dont recall saying he would be, i just said he wasn't one :wink:

Rossco442
01-09-2010, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't change the personnel but dickho would go in the middle bamba in the left and Stephens on the right

And what difference would that make?

Albion Hibs
01-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Sol Bamba for captain

Terrible shout!

Where's McBride? has to be in there before either De Graff or Murray.
Bamba should never be Hibs captain. He has messed us about more than once and will be off in the January window. In fact if he had his way he wouldn't even be at ER the now.

Where has all of this McBride chat come from, we spent most of last season moaning at him for 90mins for being a posh john rankin, all of a sudden we are dropping players because he kicked a ball at Lafferty?!

Murray for Captain, like the sound of a 5 / 3 at the back, think we now have the players to make it work;

Stack

Hanlon / Bamba / Murray

Hart Grounds (subject to someone actually seeing him play)

McBride

Galbraith / Miller

Nish / Riordan

Just my thoughts.

sixtwo
01-09-2010, 07:22 PM
------------------Brown

--------Stephens - Bamba---Dickoh

wotherspoon---mcBride----miller----Murray

-----Zemamma-------------Riordan

---------------Duffy

This would be a decent team in a 3-5-2 formation!:agree:

CMac1988
01-09-2010, 07:39 PM
------------------Brown

---------------Duffy

I like this more than previous members idea's. My only problem is that we lack pace on the left. Perhaps switch Murray for Glabraith?

Winston Ingram
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM

Tremendous. Back to the 90's!:grr:

We'll probably be the only club in Europe playing that formation. Aw well, looks like it'll hasten the arrival of a new Manager

Albion Hibs
01-09-2010, 07:47 PM
------------------Brown

---------------Duffy

I like this more than previous members idea's. My only problem is that we lack pace on the left. Perhaps switch Murray for Glabraith?

Totally respect your opinion but one of the weakest, most erratic and untried back 3's I have seen.

Would still take my back three and midfield, but good shout on Zuma. Would drop McBride and put Miller in his position per my formation with Zuma taking Millers.

frazeHFC
01-09-2010, 07:49 PM
If Hoggy is stripped of captaincy, Murray, McBride and Miller are all possible candidates for captaincy.

--------
01-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Smith

Bamba Stephens Dickoh

Deeks

Duffy

I don't think so, he would more than likely play Hart (if fit) on the right and Grounds on the left, if that was the back three.

Not sure about Duffy up with Riordan in behind, or Murray Miller and De Graaf in the middle.

I dont like that side at all.

The problem with playing with a back three is that you leave space in the corners behind the wide midfield players. They have to be both good attacking players AND competent defenders, and they have to be able to cover an awful lot of ground up and down the touchline. I'm reallyt not sure that this will work with the players we have at our disposal.

And if Yogi really is contemplating a change like this, I'd rather he kept his trap shut about it. Not tell the whole SPL beforehand.

discman
01-09-2010, 07:55 PM

how about back 4; hanlon dickoh gardener murray

wotherspoon de graf mcbride millar

duffy deeks

left side covered, millar up and down all day,same on the right, duffy will run all day and deeks can do fec all for 80 mins then score 2 or 3!!! As for big Sol if he wants away and doesnt want to play for the jersey;:bye: oh aye brown or stack.

just a thought:cool2:

Hainan Hibs
01-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I'd like a 5 of Hart, Dickoh, Bamba, Stephens, Grounds.

Three very strong CB's with Hart and Grounds able to attack the wing. I'm afraid Murray should now be benched, his lack of pace has seen him ripped up for toilet paper on numerous occasions now.

MSK
01-09-2010, 08:03 PM
how about back 4; hanlon dickoh gardener murray

wotherspoon de graf mcbride millar

duffy deeks

left side covered, millar up and down all day,same on the right, duffy will run all day and deeks can do fec all for 80 mins then score 2 or 3!!! As for big Sol if he wants away and doesnt want to play for the jersey;:bye: oh aye brown or stack.

just a thought:cool2:Was he signed after the deadline ...:greengrin

discman
01-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Was he signed after the deadline ...:greengrin

oops eh grounds :blushie:

The_Todd
01-09-2010, 08:13 PM
hope we play a:

1-7-2-1

that SHOULD help stop leaking the goals

To be fair, that's outright cheating.

nonshinyfinish
01-09-2010, 08:19 PM
To be fair, that's outright cheating.

Are we not allowed 11 players any more?

Bloody Glasgow Football Association. :grr:

ruthven_raiders
01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Please let's not go back to the 90s playing 3 at the back, most modern coaches and teams now play 4-2-3-1 so maybe have bamba and mcbride as the holding midfielders, Stephens and dickoh at ch. Riordan behind Duffy with miller and zemma in midfield, plenty options to change players using this formation

PC Stamp
01-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Please let's not go back to the 90s playing 3 at the back, most modern coaches and teams now play 4-2-3-1 so maybe have bamba and mcbride as the holding midfielders, Stephens and dickoh at ch. Riordan behind Duffy with miller and zemma in midfield, plenty options to change players using this formation

And that's why modern fitba' is dull as dishwater at times ... because no-one is prepared to venture away from the norm!

Jones28
01-09-2010, 08:41 PM
a quality back 3

Nah, not Deek. Maybe Mcbride? Always very vocal on the pitch, leads by example :agree:

Hibees07
01-09-2010, 08:46 PM
We haven't seen any of the new guy's play, yet they are already first choices & better than what we have already got. I find that a bit strange. Maybe we should see them play before we go gung ho with the formations.

Jones28
01-09-2010, 08:46 PM
I would have Hart as a Right Wing-Back

Bamba, Dickoh and Murray as 3 CB's

Grounds as Left Wing-Back

Mcbride (Captain) and Miller in midfield, with Mcbride holding and Miller getting forward

Nish (sigh) up front with Riordan supporting on the left and Duffy on the right as a sort of triangle

Iain G
01-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Grounds did say, while he is a left back, he spent most of the last 2 years playing in the middle of the defence when on loan at Norwich...

IF we go for 3 at the back, would go with:

.................Brown

.......Bamba Dickoh Hanlon

Hart..........McBride..........Galbraith
..........DeGraaf Miller

.............Duffy Riordan

At least with Hart in there we could easily change to a back 4 without the need to make any subs.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Grounds did say, while he is a left back, he spent most of the last 2 years playing in the middle of the defence when on loan at Norwich...

IF we go for 3 at the back, would go with:

Brown

Bamba Dickoh Hanlon

Hart Galbraith
DeGraaf McBride Miller
Duffy Riordan

At least with Hart in there we could easily change to a back 4 without the need to make any subs.

Although in Yogi's interview today he says he see's him as a left back. And in Grounds interview he says he prefers left back. I think he's come to play left back.

jdships
01-09-2010, 09:05 PM
The problem with playing with a back three is that you leave space in the corners behind the wide midfield players. They have to be both good attacking players AND competent defenders, and they have to be able to cover an awful lot of ground up and down the touchline. I'm reallyt not sure that this will work with the players we have at our disposal.

And if Yogi really is contemplating a change like this, I'd rather he kept his trap shut about it. Not tell the whole SPL beforehand.

Was just going to put my pennysworth in when I read your post !
Absolutely spot on.:thumbsup:
The two wing backs need to read the game perfectly in order to cover the corners - if not "disastersville" !!!

Love to see it work as it makes for exciting footie but
like you "hae ma doots" with the players we have

Time will tell
:flag:

hibee4life1983
01-09-2010, 09:07 PM
I tottaly agree bout hogg, the guy has had his chance and for me its a big one, last season h got into alot of bother when hibs played celtic and hogg injured his arm, drunk and peed off at his tottal lack of captaincy and ability, i stupid spouted to my fellow netters, that id wished he had broke his effin arm and would be out for a year, now, i should never have said that and im ashamed id said it and would never wish an injury on a hibs player sober, my thoughts now are that we need to get a 'hardman' or hitman to make sure he doesnt play in the back 3 or 5! Id go stack-dickoh-bamba-murray-bk 3, hart-de'graff-miller-mcbride-grounds-mid 5, deek-duffy-front 2. It would work, harts a great rwb and this boy grounds can shift im told so could be perfect lwb. Could be tottaly wrong, maybe it'l be. Smith.thicot.hogg.bamba.galbraith(lol) spoony,rankin,miller,deek,nish,duffy 442. lol, with yogi, you never know?? LoL

ruthven_raiders
01-09-2010, 09:13 PM
And that's why modern fitba' is dull as dishwater at times ... because no-one is prepared to venture away from the norm!

You might be right, but how many times have hubs looked pretty no end result, playing with 2 holding players will make us harder to beat let's start from there then develop a more adventurous style once we stop losing

discman
01-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Although in Yogi's interview today he says he see's him as a left back. And in Grounds interview he says he prefers left back. I think he's come to play left back.

So play four at the back : hart dickoh grounds murray

wotherspoon de graff mcbride (c) millar

duffy deeks

discman
01-09-2010, 09:16 PM
So play four at the back : hart dickoh grounds murray

wotherspoon de graff mcbride (c) millar

duffy deeks

oh and either stack or brown:bye:

Albion Hibs
01-09-2010, 09:47 PM
oh and either stack or brown:bye:

I have only missed a couple of games home and away etc since McBride joined, one of those games was last week....what happened that all of a sudden he is captain, has the world lost the plot, did we actually win 10-0 and he scorred 9 of them?

In the starting 11, yes possibly....captain, no chance.

allezsauzee
01-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Very few teams play 3-5-2 and for good reason, it is a pish formation that doesn't give you enough balance or width. As for some of the teams suggested. Dickoh hasn't played for us yet and Stephens has played about 15 minutes competitive football for us and yet most people 'know' that they're both better than Hogg!

silverhibee
01-09-2010, 10:41 PM
I can only see a 4-4-2 formation with the players the manager has. He needs to have a striker on the bench in case the strikers get injured.

Westie1875
01-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I can only see a 4-4-2 formation with the players the manager has. He needs to have Nish on the bench in case the strikers get injured.

Sorted :wink: :greengrin

:devil:

HibeeDaz6270
01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
3-5-2
---------------Brown----------------
-------Stephens--Bamba--Dickoh--------
Hart-----------------------------Grounds
------------Mcbride---Miller--------------
------Duffy------------------Riordan-----
-------------NEW STRIKER---------------

4-5-1 / 4-3-3

---------------Brown-------------------
Hart----Bamba---Dickoh---Grounds----
-----Degraaf--Mcbride---Miller---------
------Duffy------------------Riordan-----
-------------NEW STRIKER---------------

4-4-2

---------------Brown-------------------
Hart----Bamba---Dickoh---Grounds----
DeGraaf--Mcbride--Miller--Galbraith
------Duffy/New striker---Deek

Maybe even Duffy on the right? Does he have a bit of pace?

Iain G
01-09-2010, 10:58 PM

Would be rather amusing, on finally having 2 good(?) old fashioned full backs at the club, if we went to 3 at the back :greengrin

Yogi.....:grr:

Amit
01-09-2010, 10:59 PM
4-4-2 for me everytime. We do not have the quality to play 3 or 5 at the back. Keep it simple.

GK - Brown
RB - Hart
CB - Bamba
CB - Dickoh
LB - Grounds
RM - Wotherspoon
CM - Miller (c)
DM - Murray
LM - Galbraith
FW - Duffy
FW - Riordan

Don't rate McBottle. Look promising but has failed to impress since December as have a few others in the squad.

silverhibee
01-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Sorted :wink: :greengrin

:devil:

:thumbsup:

matty_f
01-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Yogi did very well last season with a team made up of a few good players and a lot of dross. He's had a chance to strengthen the back 4, he's done that. He now has to start picking the right players, the best players in the right formation. There is no excuse now, we have a back 4. We also have a midfield that can have a 4 without playing Derek there.

If he wants to **** about with the team now, when there is no need, then i wont defend him. I still feel he needs another 2 forwards, as Nish is another who's just plain crap and should never play another game for us. I'm convinced we will see at least one forward come in, and hopefully two.

If thats the case, we have a very decent team.
:top marks

BT58
02-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Me 2 for 4-4-2
Brown
Hart. Bamba dickoh Grounds
Mcbride
Spoony. Miller. Galbraith
Duffy. Deeks
Well it's not so much 4-4-2 more of a diamond Thingy
But I doubt that will be the team ( ever)

jonny
02-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Brown
Dickoh Bamba Stephens
McBride
Miller De Graaf

Deek Nish

Slip Zoumma in for De Graaf when he's fit and I think we have a strong defence, a midfield with a bit of creativity and a fair few goals from the front.
:thumbsup:

Tollhouse Hibee
02-09-2010, 08:20 AM
the thing is do we want to be hard to beat and win a few games with a few clean sheets OR

do we wimp out, not contribute much to the game and get done with a sloppy goal like last weekend?

deeks01
02-09-2010, 08:55 AM
brown

bamba-dickoh-hanlon

de graff/hart. Grounds/stevenson

de graff/wotherspoon-mcbride-miller

riordan
- duffy/new signing

would be happy with that :) backup for the wingbacks is a bit dodgy but other than that :agree:

Cocaine&Caviar
02-09-2010, 08:59 AM
_____________Brown
Hart___Bamba________Hanlon___Grounds

__________Murray___McBride
______________Miller
Zemmama____________________Riordan
_________Duffy/Nish/Donneboom