PDA

View Full Version : Support the Team

Stantons Angel
01-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Now the transfer window is closed hopefully things will now settle down on here!

We have lost our top scorer who know longer wanted to play for us, preferring to get splinters in his bottom every week. We all knew we needed defenders to stiffen up the defence and we have two. A new striker in place who we know can score goals if given the correct service.

So what happens now?

So we have started off very badly, but that doesnt make our season. We all knew it was going to be hard and hard its been. For me the season starts in earnest NOW!! The squad is in place now till the next round of speculation starts. Whether or not we like what we have, they are there for the duration.

Starting next week why dont we all get behind them and SUPPORT them, instead of looking for faults and slating them on here. We are HIB'S supporters so get out there and SUPPORT the team! They need you behind them!

We have the stadium we all wanted so lets get it BUZZING with enthusiasim not negativity.

Try it, you never know you may like it and the team may respond. GGTH:agree:

Thecat23
01-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Now the transfer window is closed hopefully things will now settle down on here!

We have lost our top scorer who know longer wanted to play for us, preferring to get splinters in his bottom every week. We all knew we needed defenders to stiffen up the defence and we have two. A new striker in place who we know can score goals if given the correct service.

So what happens now?

So we have started off very badly, but that doesnt make our season. We all knew it was going to be hard and hard its been. For me the season starts in earnest NOW!! The squad is in place now till the next round of speculation starts. Whether or not we like what we have, they are there for the duration.

Starting next week why dont we all get behind them and SUPPORT them, instead of looking for faults and slating them on here. We are HIB'S supporters so get out there and SUPPORT the team! They need you behind them!

We have the stadium we all wanted so lets get it BUZZING with enthusiasim not negativity.

Spot on mate, could not have put that better myself. :top marks:top marks

khib70
01-09-2010, 08:42 AM

So what happens now?

Well, thanks for the advice pal.:yawn: I have a season ticket and I'll be there supporting the Hibs as I have done for 50 years.

That doesn't mean I share your "happy, happy, joy, joy" approach. Two defenders - one on six months loan and one on a one year deal. The only reinforcement up front doesn't look like the goal machine you think he is, and as long as Nish is still here Yogi will continue to let him do his footballer impressions.

When we have a competent manager, and a board who remember that we're actually a football club, and not a school of accountancy, then I might start dancing in the street.

In the mean time I'll continue to support Hibs with all my heart, without the assistance of patronising, "look at me, I'm a big Hibby" threads like this one

Thecat23
01-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Well, thanks for the advice pal.:yawn: I have a season ticket and I'll be there supporting the Hibs as I have done for 50 years.

That doesn't mean I share your "happy, happy, joy, joy" approach. Two defenders - one on six months loan and one on a one year deal. The only reinforcement up front doesn't look like the goal machine you think he is, and as long as Nish is still here Yogi will continue to let him do his footballer impressions.

When we have a competent manager, and a board who remember that we're actually a football club, and not a school of accountancy, then I might start dancing in the street.

In the mean time I'll continue to support Hibs with all my heart, without the assistance of patronising, "look at me, I'm a big Hibby" threads like this one

I don't think the OP was being patronising at all.. just because he shows a bit passion you feel you should come on here and have a pop. No wonder so many fans are sick of this place when the first sign of someone backing Hibs and posting it gets ripped from guys like you. Yes you have hibs in your heart as do we all, but if your not happy start a thread yourself or just ignore this one simples.

Antifa Hibs
01-09-2010, 09:29 AM
What is our next home game? Caley?

I honestly can say I don't give a removed about it, i'll still be there but not looking forward to it in the slightest. Compare that to the Motherwell and Rangers game where I was like a bairn on Xmas morning, and its only down to one man....

Stantons Angel
01-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Jolly, jolly, Patronising????

Well done you have just proved my point! I was not asking you to forget the results nor the way we played. All im asking is that you get behind your team!

whether you have been watching Hibs for 75yrs and had umpteen season tickets during that period. The next game up is Inverness and being Hibs who knows what might happen! If you want to hang on to all the negativity it will stay with you.

We need to move on together, its the start of the season not the end! (although some of us may not feel like that) we are all entitled to our own opinions, this is why boards like this were set up and are used.

Ive had years and years of ups and downs being a Hibs supporter and my expectations are often shot to pieces too. Yes like you i suffer and i still support the team.

Ive lost count of the times ive came home and said im not going back! Yet im there again each and every saturday/sunday too.

The bottom line is they need our support to move on, you either do that with hope in your heart of grudgingly trudge along for a bloody guid moan!

I know what id rather be doing!!!!!:rolleyes:

khib70
01-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Jolly, jolly, Patronising????

Well done you have just proved my point! I was not asking you to forget the results nor the way we played. All im asking is that you get behind your team!

whether you have been watching Hibs for 75yrs and had umpteen season tickets during that period. The next game up is Inverness and being Hibs who knows what might happen! If you want to hang on to all the negativity it will stay with you.

We need to move on together, its the start of the season not the end! (although some of us may not feel like that) we are all entitled to our own opinions, this is why boards like this were set up and are used.

Ive had years and years of ups and downs being a Hibs supporter and my expectations are often shot to pieces too. Yes like you i suffer and i still support the team.

Ive lost count of the times ive came home and said im not going back! Yet im there again each and every saturday/sunday too.

The bottom line is they need our support to move on, you either do that with hope in your heart of grudgingly trudge along for a bloody guid moan!

I know what id rather be doing!!!!!:rolleyes:
Apologies mate. Shouldn't post in early morning grumpy mode!

I was getting slightly irritated with all the cheerleading being done on the forum, usually by people trying to advertise their Uber-Hibbiness while ignoring all the obvious ongoing problems, and branding anyone who disagrees as a yam.

Clearly that's not what you're doing and you've served your time. In fact your post above more or less sums up my own history and present situation.

Sorry again, and let's hope we both have plenty to cheer about come the end of the season:greengrin

Stantons Angel
01-09-2010, 03:36 PM
no apology needed here but thanks for it anyway.

As you say ive been round the block with Hibs for manys a year and im still there to tell the tale.
I only want to support my team and i know only too well that there are problems still.

It can be said its the managers fault or the players or the board BUT we have one thing in common! We ALL want the best for HIBS!

The power and the passion shown on this website is sometimes overwhelming. If only we all felt the same at the same time.......... who could beat us then

Good luck with your season ahead....... it could be worse you could be sitting in that firetrap of a stand at the pink bus shelter!!!!! GGTH:bye: